• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Boozer Matchup Discussion

gantrain05

Smash Master
ok, just seeing if anyone still pays attention to this thread, im going to put down my opinion on bowser vs DK, and im gonna go with 50-50, if bowser reads DK's approach, Fair will beat out DK's Bair, and that seems to be a big part of DK's approach game, at least around the midwest anyway, and firebreath can wreck opponents like DK, their size makes it harder for them to DI out of it as quick, and it also works as a good edgegaurd. on the other hand, DK has amazing reach on his Ftilt and Dtilt, and super armor on his punch.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
DK is in no way even with Bowser -_-

B-air can outspace F-air and if you think you can just clank or try and outprioritize and hit the foot then they just empty short-hop and its all a prediction game where you are on the defensive.

gantrain05

Smash Master
DK is in no way even with Bowser -_-

B-air can outspace F-air and if you think you can just clank or try and outprioritize and hit the foot then they just empty short-hop and its all a prediction game where you are on the defensive.
but isn't that how bowser plays anyway, pretty much always on the defensive, so it seems to work imo.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
In melee he did, in Brawl he's all about grab release, or at least that's how my Bowser plays and it's been fairly successful.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
In melee he did, in Brawl he's all about grab release, or at least that's how my Bowser plays and it's been fairly successful.

Sadly you can't grab release DK into a move besides using jump releasing, and he stands on the ground when you grab him so he never has to jump release unless you hold him over the ledge.

Mmac

Smash Lord
Yeah, judging from the Grab Release thread, A Grab heavy based game plan won't really work here.

I made a Compact Universal Matchup Template for you to use, if you want to use it. Just add in the Title/Numbers yourself, and whatever else you want to do with it. If you want me to make you a more Unique design, then PM me with a Rough estimate of what you want.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Yeah, judging from the Grab Release thread, A Grab heavy based game plan won't really work here.

I made a Compact Universal Matchup Template for you to use, if you want to use it. Just add in the Title/Numbers yourself, and whatever else you want to do with it. If you want me to make you a more Unique design, then PM me with a Rough estimate of what you want.

That's awesome! Thanks Mmac :)

-:bowser:Bowser King

Flayl

Smash Hero
Well he's going to be forced to play all 3 against you eventually, so if you really wanted to go in depth, all you would need was the 3 pokes.

gantrain05

Smash Master
That would only be needed if you didn't go in depth. Whatever, I'm done :ohwell:
dude, whats so wrong with having all the info you can get? maybe theres a pkm trainer who just seriously sucks with charizard, so you look up the matchups on squirtle and ivysaur and learn your character maybe has a large advantage on those two but disadvantaged to charizard, and because of that disadvantage it lists your matchup vs pokemon trainer neutral, when in fact, you have the advantage because of you opponents lack of charizard skills.

Top Bottom