• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bomberman for SSBB?

Del Money

Smash Champion
for B moves:
1st - DJ Napps
2nd - Cubelarooso
3rd - FlipTroopa
4th - ClarkJables
5th - J-Soup

for A moves (not-aerials and non-smashes):
1st - J-Soup
2nd - FlipTroopa
3rd - ClarkJables
4th - Napps
5th - Cubelarooso

for Smashes:
1st - ClarkJables
2nd - J-Soup
3rd - FlipTroopa
5th - Napps & Cubelarooso

for aerial-A's:
1st - FlipTroopa
2nd - J-Soup
3rd - ClarkJables
5th - Napps & Cubelarooso

for throws:
1st - Flip Troopa
2nd - ClarkJables
5th - J-Soup, Napps, Cubelarooso

Joe Soup

Smash Ace
Mastering the mysterious art of Quantum Edge Physi
Garrr, spam!

But while we're waiting, Del Money, since you never got to play arguably the best Bomberman game of all time, I'll post the premise for you.

In the game's opening sequence, we see a peaceful-looking planet with gardens, rivers, and residential buildings abound. Seconds later, space pirate Artemis drops from the sky with a band of soldiers and orders them to raid the planet. Meanwhile, Altair, from the Black Fortress, uses his coveted weapon, the Omni Cube, to completely drain the planet's energy, condemning it to a zombie-like state.

Artemis returns to the Black Fortress to meet up with her partners, Orion and Regulus, and her superior, Altair. Together they set their sights on their next target: Planet Bomber, home of the protagonist, Bomberman. They maneuver their fortress into the atmosphere of Planet Bomber.

Bomberman, from atop a cliff, observes the Black Fortress' descent. Not much later, the Fortress begins to open fire on the people of Planet Bomber, firing destructive energy rays into populated areas.

A warrior clad in white then flies out to the surprised Bomberman, and asks if he plans to defeat the assailants. Bomberman gives an affirmative response, and the stranger (later introduced as Sirius) explains that a force field protects the Fortress from any outside attack. Sirius goes on to say that this force field can be deactivated by destroying the four anchors attached to the Fortress; the Green Garden, Blue Resort, Red Mountain, and White Glacier. Once inside the Fortress, they must find and destroy Altair.

Bomberman successfully climbs onto and destroys the four anchors with the help of Sirius, who helps him by supplying power-ups and teaching him new techniques. The force field around the Fortress is deactivated, and the duo enter the Fortress. After sneaking through Altair's security measures and defeating his three liutenants, Bomberman finds and confronts Altair, and after a difficult struggle, defeats the pirate. The previously defeated Regulus swoops in and attempts to rescue his master from the battlefield, but is then knocked away by Sirius. Altair drops the Omni Cube, which Sirius lands on the battle platform to retrieve. At this point, Altair is annihilated by a newly powered up Sirius, who then escapes to his secret lair. Bomberman is then forced to team up with his former foe Regulus to destroy Sirius thus saving the universe.

Omnirighteous

Smash Cadet
popularity wise...he beats out Bomberman. eligibility-wise, he really shouldnt beat out Bomberman at all. Geno's in 2 games at automatically fanboys wanna roll into bed (without wearing protection) with him...Bomberman is a legendary video game icon like Sonic and Megaman...and thats not fanboyism talking...thats common sense
indeed he is a legendary icon, if there was a Gamefaqs character battle poll, i'm pretty sure bomberman would beat geno...probably 70% to 30%
Geno's suprisingly not as popular as some ppl think, he's no sephiroth im afraid

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
yah the problem is we only see characters from one point of view, the hardcore smash player, but if we take a look at the more casual gamers they'll go "geno who?!?!?" he's got more of a cult fanbase then anything else, and he isn't as iconic as bomberman is

and to joe soup, oooh double cross

Del Money

Smash Champion
ok ClarkJables moveset best represents unique and has barely average structure. J-Soup and FlipTroopa ties for being the best structured in the sense that attack patterns seem to flow better. the problem is that J-Soup's aerials are too standard especially if you want to make Bomberman stand-out better (think about Samus' aerials in melee). ClarkJables accomplished this but the structure is lost when almost every A attack are somewhat dependent upon summoned bombs. not every A-attack needs to have an explosive effect. Cubelarooso had the best structure in B attacks but they appeared to be elementally specific for each one making bomberman appear like Captain Planet or something. Napps B moves were structure well and flowed well with the gameplay. J-Soup's B moves had structure but the counter (forward+B) lacked originality and the up+B (shoryuken) is the same thing you usuggested for Megaman as well. all-in-all every moveset here has strengths and weaknesses, and so i cant really put one above the other for overall greatness

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
****!, and i only use the bombs for smash moves, for the rest of his "normal" moves they just strengthen or weaken his attacks based on how many are out. but i guess it is a little confusing when you think about it. i thought it made him an interesting character in that he could change from a speed fighter to a power fighter in 4 seconds (time to summon 3 bombs at once). thus it is impossible to counter pick him because his stats change so much. although his speedier self is more for running then fighting considering the fact that he has only 1 b move when no bombs are out,

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
i know, we have to keep doing this until we are at 300 pages

now for our next topic, who would win in a fight between bomberman and megaman. now don't let fanboyism affect your decision, type out an epic battle between the two and then we can judge which one is best. and it was a very fair analyisis btw del

Joe Soup

Smash Ace
Mastering the mysterious art of Quantum Edge Physi
now for our next topic, who would win in a fight between bomberman and megaman. now don't let fanboyism affect your decision, type out an epic battle between the two and then we can judge which one is best.
Megaman is walking down a peaceful spring path through the meadow, happy flowers on either side dancing to the tune he is whistling.

What's this?! Suddenly, a black blur shoots down from above, and Megman suddenly burst into flames as a bomb blows up after touching his head. Shrapnel rips his face to shreds, making it an unrecognizeable, bloody mass.

After running around in circles for a few minutes, the still-burning corpse of Megaman falls to the ground in a whisp of smoke and ghastly cries of agony.

Bomberman jumps from the tree he was perched in and lands on Megaman's body.

"Death from above! Bomberman PWNZORZ, LOLZ!" he exclaims in victory.

^Epic.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
not quite a fair fight, joe, i will make an epic battle in the morning to show you how its done. and this will only give the megaman fanboys reason to post "M3G@M@N PWNZ B0MB3RM@N 1N 1)3 F@(3 W1TH @ L@7_3R"

Del Money

Smash Champion
@J-Soups's story
hahahahah

@ClarkJables question
Megman has protective robotic armor (which probably wouldnt go much against a bomb anyways but still). Bomberman doesnt. Megaman can blast opponents right away. bomberman has lag before his bombs explode. so i think Megaman take it from short range and possibly long range fighting as well

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
i know, i just like attempting L337 speak
and in response to del, bomberman is a robot, and hesa terrorist. he could just car bomb megaman's entire family then kill him whilest megaman griefs with his human emotions, if bomberman was that cruel.
a bomb still hurts even if your wearing robot armor, and remote bombs can be detonated at bombermans will, they have longer range then megaman's attacks, and they can be kicked across the stage if megaman runs

plus bomberman is faster then megaman so he can dodge megaman's attacks easier if megaman trys to kite him, then bomb kick him into submission.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
bomberman has a jetpack, and in his games you can upgrade his speeds so much hes faster then sonic

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
hmm, jetpack+robot=fast, LOL

and in the new bomberman game for the psp you can stack speed boosts past 30 i think, which is incredibly fast

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
oh of course he won't be fast then sonic, but i could see him being equal to or just a bit faster then megaman, if he has my moveset however he will be allot faster then megaman in his speed mode

Del Money

Smash Champion
question Jables, why the hell are you the only person ive seen with a Bomberman pic i their sig?

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
i actually found this sig off of someone else, and he made it himself and doesn't have an archive where you can get it easily. in short, its an impossible sig to find. thx for asking btw

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
not impossible to download and add to sig, just impossible to find, but not any more i guess now that i have it and i am for the most part a front page poster.

and w00t S@U<3, i am a smash lord now

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
Finally done! ****, I'm too late...

Bomberman moveset

Stats

Size - 3/5
Jump - 2.5/5
Speed - 3/5
Weight - 2.5/5
Traction - 3/5
Knockback - 4.5/5
Attack Speed - 3/5
Fall Speed - 2.5/5
Aerial Mobility - 2.5/5
Shield - 3/5
Roll - 2.5/5
Grab Range - 3/5

As you can see, Bomberman is mostly below average, but is a powerhouse. This reflects his limited mobility in his games and his "cutesy"-ness, but also the fact he could kill in one hit with teh ACKSPROSIONS!!

A Moves

A,A (or hold A, now): Standard jab-cross combo. Nothing to say here. 3%, 5%.
->: Wario-esque trip. Bomberman falls on his face, his antenna swinging down to hit, and continues sliding forward hurting those already hit by antenna and anyone beyond it, first hit causing set knockback and second being very minimal. 10%, 3%.

^A: Bent hook. Bomberman bends back with his arm held out forward, bent up, so as to uppercut above him. 15%
>A: Mario-esque kick. Bomberman sticks his leg out straight, with foot out straight, leg and foot stretch to increase range, bends back, and spends to kick enemy with the top of his foot. 10%.
vB: Ness-esque kick. Bomberman slides leg across ground, foot straight, leg and foot stretch, to quickly toe-kick opponent, but takes a bit of time retracting. 14%.

^^A: G&W-eque headbutt. Bomberman swings his head, also waving his antenna, and an explosion appears in at his antenna's base, its radius depends on how long you've charged, larger ones resulting in greater horizontal range. 19%-30%.
>>A: Power straight. Bomberman swings his hand in a circle for a wind up, then forcefully leans forward, and straightens his arm forward into a punch, and an explosion appears in the middle of his "fist", its radius depends on how long you've charged, larger ones resulting in greater vertical and horizontal range. 14%-25%.
vvB. Kirby-esque kick. Bomberman does a spinning split, attacking both sides, feet straight with sole on floor, and an explosion appears at his crotch, its radius depends on how long you've charged, larger ones resulting in greater vertical rang. 17%-26%.

°A: Spin. Bomberman sticks his legs straight down, feet facing away from each other, his antenna straight up, and his arms straight out, and spins around. Enemies hit by his antenna are caught for a few attacks and hit for some knockback on the last one, getting 9% damage if all connect. Enemies hit by arms are hit once for ample knckback and 10% damage. Enemies hit by feet are caught for consecutive hits until the move ends, Bomberman lands, or they escape, causing a maximum of 17% damage with no knockback.
°^A: Antenna slap. Bomberman waves his head, moving his antenna in an arc and knocking enemies up, ready for more juggling. 4%.
°>A: Sex kick. Bomberman does a sex kick pose, one leg out straight, the other downward but bent to go forward, both feet sticking out straight, and deals more damage and knockback to enemies the less time has passed. 13%-3%.
°<A: Spin kick. Bomberman spins around once, one leg out straight and slanted somewhat upward, the other to his side bent backward, both feet straight, quickly striking with the side of his foot for a good ledge guard. 8%.
°vA: Liu Kang-esque bicycle kick. Bomberman steps repeatedly, catching opponents till the end, the final blow meteor smashing. Maximum of 17%.

His A moves show off his judo abilities and childishness, and makes use his arms, legs, and antenna. The smash attacks also add a bit more "bomb" into the mix.

Throws

Grab attack: Headbutt. Bomberman flings his head back then forward, hitting his opponent with his face. 3%.
^Throw: Does a similar thing as with his B, except using his opponent as the bomb, and throws them at a 68° angle. 17%.
>Throw: Sets his opponent on the ground in front of him, and kicks them along. 19%.
<Throw: Bomberman tosses his enemy over his head to behind him, and hops backwards while elbowing them. 22%.
vThrow: Bomberman tucks them under his legs to on the floor behind him, and he hops up and ***** them, bouncing them up a bit to be chain-grabbed. 6%.

His strong throws represent the fact that that's almost all he does, so he's very proficient at it.

B moves

All bombs are twice the size of Young Link's bombs.

B: Fire Bomb Throw
Bomberman Takes out a fire bomb and holds it behind his head as if he was going to throw it (think Yoshi's ^B). Moving the control stick up and down causes Bomberman to aim up and down. Releasing B causes him to throw it in the current direction, where it will travel in an arc and a horizontal maximum of Luigi's fireball. After hitting anything, it explodes into fiery puffs shaped into a ball with a diameter of Samus's height. Those in the blast take 12% damage and knockback somewhat less than a Samus smash missile. A simple tap of the B button for a basic throw take only 10 frames, plus 5 frames after before he can do anything else. If Bomberman is hit while holding it, the bomb explodes. The bomb treats Bomberman the same as an enemy.

^B: Wind Bomb Hold
Bomberman takes out a wind-bomb and holds it in the direction you hold the control stick. After a second, the bomb explodes in a windy orb the diameter equal to Bowser's height, and sends you rocketing away from the bomb just less than the distance of a firefox. Anyone in the blast radius gets minor damage (=3%) and set knockback away from the bomb that decreases the further you are from the center, being right next to the bomb causing knockback the same distance as Bomberman. If Bomberman is hit before the bomb explodes, it explodes right then and treats Bomberman as if it were not his (causing damage but no freefall).

>B: Lightning Bomb Kick
Bomberman stops, takes out a lightning bomb, and kicks it. This action takes a half a second. It travels along the ground at about Mario's dashing speed. After going over an edge, or if launched in the air, it travels at the same horizontal speed, but also falls at a speed to make it a 5° angle. After hitting an enemy, wall, or anything that would stop it, it explodes into floating electric arcs forming a rough ball with a Pikachu height diameter. On the ground, it hits several times and locks them until it ends (1/2 second maximum), causing up to 8% damage (damage depends on how long they were in it). If it hits in the air, the explosion stays for 1 second, only hits enemies 3 times (only takes 5 frames) then releases them, and causes 13% damage. If Bomberman is hit before he kicks the bomb the bomb explodes. The bomb treats Bomberman the same as an enemy.

vB: Earth Bomb Drop
Bomberman drops an earth bomb on the ground, where it sits and waits. The initial drop will place it inside of Bomberman, but after moving out of it, it is treated as a small pillar (works as wall and can be stood on). If dropped in the air, it falls at the speed of a capsule (in the air, it again works as walls/floor/ceiling). After 5 seconds, it explodes into lines of lava in a cross, each side going out 1/6 the length of Final Destination. If someone touches the explosion, they're hit with 30% damage and sent upward with knockback equal to a charged Pikachu usmash. If anything damages it before the explosion, it explodes with less power. The power depends on how long it sat, it increasing exponentially over time. Bomberman has to wait 3 seconds after the first one is gone before laying another. The bomb treats Bomberman the same as an enemy.

All his B attacks come from his games, not made up bull****, especially since he has plenty of attacks to use that are from his games, even plenty that aren't bomb based, so he really doesn't need to have some made up, so the fake attacks can be saved for characters without any of their own. I made all of them bomb based because he IS Bomberman, and negated the "too many explosions" by having them different elemental explosions. They also show his powerhouseness, and the fact he's like swordchucks: Almost as dangerous to others as he is to himself.

Final Smash

Cherry Bomb
Bomberman takes out a red bomb twice his size and does like his standard B. Its maximum throw distance is that of Marth's sword. Anyone hit by it get modest knockback and 10% fire damage. When it hits a wall/ceiling/floor, it acts and explodes like the Banzai Bill, the explosion twice the size of the bomb, and deals a maximum of 50% (not including any possible hits by the bomb itself). Bomberman is only affected by the bomb if he is hit before throwing it.

Miscellaneous

I haven't played enough games to know what his taunt, winning animations, or even winning tune would be.

His different colors would just be the different player colors from the games.

Also, as Del suggested, he needs a Captain Planet color scheme.

His symbol would be the Hudson Bee
, because it's cool and I think it's better to have 3rd parties represent their companies rather than their series.

For his Kirby hat, Kirby basically turns into Bomberman's head, except with his arms and legs poking out, and his face Kirby colored with Kirby's eyes.

Stage

Bomber Maze
Three brick pillars stick up from beyond the bottom, separated by gaps half their width. The width of a pillar is 1/3 that of Final Destination. It has a moderately high top, high bottom, and moderately close sides. In the background (and foreground) you see more another two rows of pillars in the same pattern. Beyond that, there's a wall with square tiled metal low-protrusion frusta near the bottom. Above that is a green wall with a light green smash symbol in the center.
If you want a non-competitive stage, attached to the background wall are three cannons which will occasionally aim and fire bombs onto the stage (or onto the rest of the battlefield beyond and before where you fight).

This stage is based off of the standard Bomberman battlefield, as viewed from the side.

DJ Napps

Smash Journeyman
It took me two extra hours but....

Here it is... the greatest moveset ever!

DJ Napps' Uber Moveset!

STATS:
Speed- ***
Size- ***
Weight- **
Jump- **
Reach- **
Strength- ***

A- Left-hand jab
AA- Right punch, Left punch
AAA- Strong Uppercut (w/ slight explosion)
Dash A- Head-dive- Bomberman rapidly dives, headfirst, straight ahead of him and headbutts his opponent.
A^- Upward fiery punch
AV- Heavy Stomp (slight explosion)
A<>- Strong kick

Nair- Hard Slap
Fair- Knee (Bomberman knees opponent in the face)
Bair- Double arm push
Uair- Flipkick
Dair- downward drop-kick

B- Drop Bomb- Hold B 2 secs to hold, continuous holding pumps bomb. If B is pressed when maxium bombs are placed, the bombs would detonate simultaneously.
B<>-Bomb Kick/ Soccer Bomb -if a laid bomb is in front of him, Bomberman kicks it forward and it rolls until it hit something. If Bomberman is not in front of a bomb, Bomberman quickly lays a bomb any kicks it while flipping over (like a famous soccer move). It flies through the air quickly and explodes on contact.
BV- Suicide Bomb- Bomberman slams a bomb beneath his feet, quickly flinging him upward and causing slight damage to him. Causes major damage to neighboring enemies
B^- Bomber Copter- Bomberman bursts upward with propeller spinning above him. He is able to fly around freely for around 10 secs.

Grab- Standard two hand grab
Grab Attack- general headbutt
^ Throw- Throws opponent into air and quickly throws a bomb at them
> Throw- Straps bomb to and throws opponent forward
< Throw- Throws opponent behind Bomberman (that's it)
V Throw- Slams opponent on ground on which, they explode on impact.

Final Smash- (decided)
A/B- Bomberman pumps a legendary Red Bomb to maximum size (around 2x the height of Bowser). Bomberman speed is greatly decreased and cannot jump when carrying the bomb. He is free to throw the bomb wherever he pleases, the bombs explosion radius affects everyone on the stage. Any player hit with the Bomb is instantly knocked off stage or is immobilized and dizzy (with stars flying around their head as in Bomberman 64).
Then, Bomberman jumps on the back of Pommy and rides around the stage with increased speed and jumping ability. He can drop as much as 10 bombs at one time and quickly as desired. Pommy is also able to attack opponents (i.e-biting). Duration: 15 secs.

Item: Virus! (Skull from Bomberman 64)
-Fire- user spontaneously combusts and is on fire for around 10 secs. User can touch other players which temporarily lits them afire (5 secs). Does damage overtime to user.
-Big- user becomes larger, heavier, and stronger, but slower and much lower jump.
-Small- user becomes smaller, much higher jumps, and faster, but weaker and more easily knocked away.
-Jammed- user cannot stop moving but its able to change direction and jump. Speed increases over time.
-Reverse- all controller moves are reversed. Up is crouch, Down is jump, B is A, etc.
-Ghost- user cannot receive or use physical attacks. User can now hijack an opponent and semi-control them.
-Stun- User can barely move, but can take slightly more damage.

Entrance- Rides in on his pet, Pommy. Pommy runs away scared right before the battle starts.

Kirby- Standard pink Kirby but with Bomberman eyes ( | | ) and antennae.

Taunt: Celebrates as in Bomberman 64

Costumes- (similar to Clark's)
White Bomber
Black Bomber
Red Bomber
Blue Bomber
Gold Bomber

Winning Poses-
1.Does backflip and smiles as in Bomberman Hero.
2.Jumps and punches air above him while smiling.

Notes-
-Only 4 bombs can be placed on the field at once.
-Other Bombermen can kick other Bombermen's bombs.
-Any attacks upon a bomb would explode immediately.
-If Bomberman lands on one of his bombs he will do a low bounce. Pumped bombs give him higher bounces.
-All Virus effects (except Fire) has a chance to be passed on to an opponent. Opponents with higher health percentage have a higher chance of receiving the Virus. Its duration is restarted everytime it is passed on.

Del Money

Smash Champion
wow you guys took your sweet time huh? i also find it weird as hell that you both opsted your movesets at the same time as well. anyways ill look at em both

Top Bottom