• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bomberman for SSBB?

DJ Napps

Smash Journeyman
@clarkjables. i like ur moveset and i like the fact that u dnt like simple movesets- i hate them too. I semi-agree with the others about the all-bomb-based moveset. Yes, he is bomberman, but in most of his recent games (i dont kno if u have played them), he doesnt just chuck bombs. I dont know- i like your moveset too much to ask u to change it. The only thing i see as a possible change is the FS. Here are some i have come up with...

Final Smash- (undecided)
A- Bomberman jumps on the back of Pommy and rides around the stage with increased speed and jumping ability. He can drop as much as 10 bombs at one time and quickly as desired. Pommy is also able to attack opponents (i.e-biting). Duration: 20 secs.

B- Bomberman pumps a legendary Red Bomb to maximum size (around 2x the height of Bowser). Bomberman speed is greatly decreased and cannot jump. He is free to throw the bomb wherever he pleases, the bombs explosion radius affects everyone on the stage. Any player hit with the Bomb is instanly knocked off stage or is immobilized and dizzy (with stars flying around their head as in Bomberman 64)

C- Mech Suit- Bomberman is instantly covered in a knight's armor and is equipped w/ a sword and shield. He now has Metaknight-like skills and speed. He, however, cannot drop bombs. Jump height, speed, and reach increased. Duration: 25 secs.

...let me know what u think.

@DelMoney- Did Gamestop say that about B64? I love that game! My favorite game of all time! Boooo Gamestop! Bomberman 64 for the VC!!!

@JoeSoup- good idea. hopefully thatll happen soon....

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
when i came up with my final smash, i actually thought of bomberman upgrading into a giant mech suit and going overkill on everyone on the stage, i could see c therefor. but i would keep the cannon bomb and the rocket launchers, and add instead of sword and shield a sword and chain, that way he can pull you in from halfway across the stage and combo you to death

in fact i'll do that now

DJ Napps

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, that's what I said. It's one of the greatest B-man games of all time.

They're just a bunch of cocksuckers over there at Gamespot.

BTW--B64's atomic red bomb 4 Bomberman's FS.

Atomic Bomb FTW.
thats what i was thinking, and that FS fits bomberman's style too. But i like option A too because it has more control and more notable as a final smash. I like both A and B, but B is more iconic.

@ all. We still need to think of a stage for good 'ol B-man. The problem is, most (if not all) his stages are overhead. All ideas welcome!

Del Money

Smash Champion
@J-Soup
**** them gamespot cocksmooches. man i hate em. theyre biased idiots

@DJ Napps
was wondering when you were gonna show up again. anyways i want Bomberman 64 and cant believe it was rated 4.6/10. anyways, as for a stage i had trouble picturing a bomberman stage as well cuz theyre 2D overhead. im thinking a solution to that would be to make is a moving stage with other bombermen is the background and theyre bombs as hazards but that might be lame...i dunno, what do you guys think?

the grim lizard

Smash Master
All I have to say is, you'd better hope Sakurai goes back on his "no more than 1-2 more [3rd party characters]" thing if you want Bman in. He's got some major competition to beat out...

the grim lizard

Smash Master
...not to mention Geno. >_<

Edit: Hudson is a subsidiary of Konami. So, I guess an AT isn't out of the question.
He could throw bom--
I won't say it.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
well hudson is on better terms with nintendo then capcom is so i'd say he has somewhat equal chances to megaman and is above geno because geno is owned by square and square is annoying to deal with

Del Money

Smash Champion
...not to mention Geno. >_<
Geno wont take a 3rd party spot
Edit: Hudson is a subsidiary of Konami. So, I guess an AT isn't out of the question.
He could throw bom--
I won't say it.
honestly, i saw that as most likely from the beginning...and personally id rather his be an AT if not at all. but we still need to determine if 3rd party ATs will be allowed if the franchise is already represented somehow in brawl. my instinct says theres no reason they should be...but its very possible ATs are just reserved for nintendo brawl rejects only

Joe Soup

Smash Ace
Mastering the mysterious art of Quantum Edge Physi
Oh, guys--idea for a stage.

Maybe they could do something like the Pokemon Stadium stage where it changes and junk, except with Bomberman's stage it could cycle through all of his most memorable stages.

Example:

Pyramid (<- Complete with rising deathwater)
Up and Down (<-PWNage)
Greedy Trap
Sky Arch
Field of Grass (<-Fun for traps)
Mosh Pit

etc.

That would be teh t!ts.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
i couldn't see bomberman as an at at all. he's either in PC or hes not in at all. i could see ryu from street fighter being an AT though

and DK already has a rising deathwater stage

DJ Napps

Smash Journeyman
@JoeSoup- Now that i think of it, that does seem to work. Sure it would look a little weird (wtf? floating pyramid?), and it will need to be Smash-ified (more platforms).

@Del Money- its really hard to visualize a good Bomberman stage, especially the 2D ones. Im guessing your idea might work, if i understand u correctly. I really dont understand what u mean by moving, but i like the idea of other Bombermen as hazards- that could be fun.

@the grim lizard- lol. wow, you're not giving up on that "he'll just throw bombs" theory, eh? Well, do you. Apparently no one here can change your mind....

dantemasta

Smash Apprentice
I guess it could work, but the bomb spam would be so annoying I'd probably just use Pit and stay on the other side of the stage and arrow spam. I don't know about moves though, maybe they can give him different bombs with different effects so that way it wouldn't just be the same old thing. Like in the multi-player of his games where you had to use the bombs and they didn't always go straight they could like turn and stuff, ell the explosions did anyways, but still a very questionable choice for a character.

Joe Soup

Smash Ace
Clark's moveset is pretty heavy with spam possibilities, seeing as how it's pretty bomb-oreintated, but I don't see a problem with it.

Mine's not that bomb-heavy, although it could be used for heavy spamming....I'm actually thinking about fusing Clark's bomb-summoning idea with some of my moves.

DJ Napps, glad you like the stage idea.

And yes, I don't think using one of his 2D arenas as a whole stage would work. We could take several ideas from a lot of the 2D ones (tunnels, reverse panels, escalators, etc.), but I don't think a solely 2D level would work.

Del Money

Smash Champion
lol "Nintendo Brawl rejects"...don't say that because then Waluigi might be one...>_<
hoo boy...dont get me started
putting megaman in over ryu is demeaning, but capcom will do it in a heartbeat
hows that demeaning? Ryu over Megaman is the biggest mushroom-stamp in the face ever. Megaman has been a legend since 1987 yo and is the 18th best-selling video game franchise of all time
@Del Money- its really hard to visualize a good Bomberman stage, especially the 2D ones. Im guessing your idea might work, if i understand u correctly. I really dont understand what u mean by moving, but i like the idea of other Bombermen as hazards- that could be fun.
i dunno, i figured a moving stage through a large-sized bomber arena would be nice...that way the overhead view would be less noticeable since the bomber arena would be hella(yes i said hella)-large. only downside is the bombermen's bombs would be hella-large too, so i night as well scratch that idea
@the grim lizard- lol. wow, you're not giving up on that "he'll just throw bombs" theory, eh? Well, do you. Apparently no one here can change your mind....
im sure Grim now see that a decent moveset can be made for bomberman is you take stuff from his later games and twist the attacks to not ALL be explosive. plus i think hes bashing Waluigi now

DJ Napps

Smash Journeyman
I guess it could work, but the bomb spam would be so annoying I'd probably just use Pit and stay on the other side of the stage and arrow spam. I don't know about moves though, maybe they can give him different bombs with different effects so that way it wouldn't just be the same old thing. Like in the multi-player of his games where you had to use the bombs and they didn't always go straight they could like turn and stuff, ell the explosions did anyways, but still a very questionable choice for a character.
yeah, there are alot of movesets on this thread, most regulars here has made one. Its definitely possible and workable.

Joe Soup

Smash Ace
*FUSES MINE AND CLARK'S MOVESETS TO CREATE--UBER MOVESET*

1st A: Right Jab
2nd A: Left Jab
3rd A: Roundhouse

>-A: High Kick
V-A: Spin Sweep (Mario-esque)
^-A: Upward Head Butt (Mario-esque again)

B: Summon Bomb (Pulls out 3 bombs that trail behind him wherever he goes. If one is used, the count goes down to two, and then 1, etc. Bomberman’s shield is all three bombs surrounding his body, cycling over him. If the B button is held while at least 1 bomb is out, the bomb that is closest to being used can be pumped up, giving it a larger blast radius / damage percentage.)

V-B: Remote Bomb (pretty self-explanatory—B to lay, B again to detonate; has a large attack radius + fire damage)

>-B: Line Bomb (a projectile-ish attack, where he fires a line of bombs horizontally, and they eventually drop to the floor a ways in front of him.

^-B: Sword Uppercut (shoryuken-esque move from B64).

I'm not sure I'm happy with B-forward, so if anyone else has a better idea....
We still need a better B-forward. Ideas are up in the air.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
we should do a moveset contest, that'd be fun. would we just vote on it or would we get an impartial judge

DJ Napps

Smash Journeyman
we should do a moveset contest, that'd be fun. would we just vote on it or would we get an impartial judge
I would loose, i am not worthy. Who would we use for a judge?

How many 'sets do we have? Should we go back and scan all the pages for more?
There's a good number. Atleast 2 b4 most of you arrived (like page 9). Ill try and find them.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
we could do that and then requote them. i'll add some more to my moveset, and i might make it to where bomb summon can't be used again until all bombs have been used to prevent spamming.

Del Money

Smash Champion
i still dont get what the deal with "summoning" bombs is? im not for it or against it yet, i just need some elaboration

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
someone who doesn't care if bomberman is in or not, who doesn't have a moveset in the contest, and would be willing to look at a large number of movesets in one sitting. preferably an admin or someone who is not a n00b to these boards

and if you read my moveset 2 pages back i think you'll see how the bomb summoning works in its original context

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
very similar to green shell except they don't revolve around him, unless you are shielding. they work more similar to the mini mario item in super paper mario

Del Money

Smash Champion
ok i guess i can be the judge. i want Bomberman for brawl but not over Sonic and Megaman and plus dont believe he would get in over them either. but if i could pick a 3rd place (and of course this is excluding Snake)it would be Bomberman. forget Pacman and forget Geno (who deserves a 1st party slot at best, not a 3rd party). and i dont have enough bomberman knowledge to create a solid moveset nor have i created a moveset for bomberman yet. ive only played 3 bomberman games - 1 of which was a freeware PC game...that i still have (heres the link if anyone is interested: http://fury94.free.fr/download.htm). and im DEFINITELY not a n00b so yeah i think i can judge

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
ok we can have del money be the judge then, unless anyone has any objections?

and if you are posting a moveset then don't put on a sig because thats wasted space

im going to fine tune my moveset now

DJ Napps

Smash Journeyman
There's ALOT. You have been warned....

Bomberman would have some great moves

B - throws a bomb
B ^ - throws a bomb
B > - throws a bomb
B V - throws a bomb

A - throws a bomb
AA - throws a bomb
AAA -throws a bomb

Taunt - throws a bomb
Kirbt hat - a bomb!

Trophy 1 - throws a bomb
Trophy 2 - throws a bomb
Trophy 3 - throws a bomb

WOW! He has a great moveset and stuff...
Bombermans Down B would obviously be Bomb Kick. Maybe he can just drop the bomb with Down B, then B again to kick it.

B would either be tossing a Bomb, or Pumping up a big Bomb.

Side B would probably be what B isn't.

No clue what his Recovery could be. I can imagine him blowing himself up with a bomb to blow him back up, but I don't see how it could be used as an attack. Unless it's like Luigi's Side B, only upwards.

Bomberman would be just as great an addition as Mega Man.
Bomberman is definitely cool. Would love to see him in brawl. They could set a specialty event for wario and him to decide the superior *** kicker once and for all. That would be amazing.

Moveset:

Tap A - Snap - Bomberman snaps his finger...thing and unleashes a small spark.
AA - Crackle- another snap results in a shower of weak sparks that stun the opponent briefly (the sparks would extend about as far as peach's neutral a and have a similar effect)
AAA - Pop - the final snap produces a small, circular explosion which sends bomberman and his opponent weakly sliding in opposite directions.

Dash Attack - Deceptive Push - a weird pushing attack that only hurts the opponent slightly, yet has surprisingly good set knockback.

Forward Tilt - Bomb Kick - a decent ranged kick that can be used normally, to direct bomberman's bombs, send bobombs flying without harm, or to return projectiles to their owner
Up Tilt - Burn - a lit bomb is raised over bomberman's head, burning them with the flame, sending the opponent upward with decent knockback. Can be used to juggle under certain circumstances.
Down Tilt - Fuse Whip - the opponent is lashed with a lit fuse that extends away from bomberman with decent range. Can hit well below ledges if angled properly.

Up Smash - Super Power Glove - Bomberman flings a powerful bomb above him that explodes quickly.
Down Smash - Suicide bomb- Bomberman throws a bomb directly beneath him, popping him up into the air and creating a rather flat shockwave that hits on either side of him with good range.
Forward Smash - Boxing Glove - an explosive punch. Powerful, but too slow to hit with generally. It can, however, destroy parts of some stages that seem indestructable.

Neutral A - Flame Tackle - Bomberman dives into the opponent while covered in fire.
Up Aerial - Metal head - Bomberman jumps and bonks the opponent with the top of his head, making a funny hollow tin can sound.
Down Aerial - Clog Dance - Bomberman wears clogs, slowly yet painfully stomping on the opponent's head in a meteor aerial similar to kirby's. It is stronger, though.
Forward Aerial - Whooping - Bomberman swings his trusty belt that holds up his nonexistent pants to spank and basically humiliate his foes. Very good range on the attack, but lacks power.

Grab Range- Average to bad.
Grab + A - A few headbutts with his metal skull for a bit of damage.
Up Throw - Bomberman lights his opponent like a rocket and they shoot off a pretty good distance vertically.
Forward throw - opponent is balled up and kicked away like a bomb.
Down Throw - opponent is thrown down into a bomb and popped slightly into the air by the explosion.
Back throw - a simple backwards judo throw. bomberman's decieving strength gives it good knockback.

B - Bomb - Bomberman unleashes a regular bomb. It can be placed on the ground to be kicked or punched, or can be carried and thrown. The strength of the bomb depends on low long the B button is held. Strong bombs have KO power, but they are just as likely to KO bomberman if not used carefully.

Forward B - Line Bomb -Horizontally shoots out three weak, slow falling bombs that can be used as stepping stones to return to the stage before they detonate. The opponent can use them as well. Bomberman can use multiple aerial Forward Bs and still use his...
Up B - Remote Control bomb - Behaves like ness' up B in that you direct a bomb with the joystick which must be carefully aimed to make it back alive. The upside is that it goes a further.
Down B - Mine - an invisible mine is placed on the arena. Only three can be in play at a time. Otherwise, bomberman drops mines that explode once they hit the ground or a target.

Bomberman is a middleweight character with a slow run and can not wall jump.

Special - Fire Suit- Bomberman glows with a red aura and is able to drop bombs at a very rapid rate while remaining invincible to any that explode around him.
I would like to see Bomberman in the game. I think he fits in the game perfectly. How about some feedback for this...

A: Right Punch (Little lag)
AA: Left Punch (Same lag as 'Right Punch')

A>: Kick (Round-house)
A^: Upward Punch (Just like Mario)
Av: Sweep (As in, with the leg)

A>>: Explosive Punch (Probably like Mario)
A^^: Bomb Serve (Tosses Bomb-B* upward)
Avv: Dual Bombs (Sets two Bomb-Cs* on each side of himself)

Dash-A: Tackle (Leaps forward, attacking anyone in the way)

B: Bomb Toss (Same as in Bomberman 64. Lightly tosses up to four Bomb-Bs* forward)
B>: Bomb Kick (Kicks a still bomb [even Link's] forward. If there is no bomb present, a Bomb-A* will be created)
B^: Explosion (Creates a weak explosion beneath the user, boosting him upward)
Bv: Bomb Set / Bomb Line (Sets a Bomb-A* below the user. If one is already there, another is placed in front of it.)
Dash-B: Bomb Set (Lays a Bomb-A*, and does not interrupt running)

Grab-A: Head Bonk (Again, like Mario)
Grab->: Forward Throw (Pretty basic)
Grab-<: Reverse Slide (Slides the foe behind the user, followed by a Bomb-C*)
Grab-^: Upward Toss (Tosses the for upward, followed by a Bomb-C*)
Grab-v: Slam (Slams the foe into the ground)

Super: Power Bomb (Summons a Bomb-S*)

Taunt: Fireworks (Faces the crowd, smiles, and raises one arm while small fireworks launch upward from behind; the fireworks can damage others)

No more than 4 Bomb-As* of the same user can be on the field at once. Any further attempts of creating a bomb will result in a poof of smoke.

*Bomb types...
Bomb-A: A time bomb that lasts 3 seconds. Does not explode on contact with anything, except spikes and other explosions. Can harm user, can be picked up.
Bomb-B: A bomb that explodes apon contact with anything. Can harm user, cannot be picked up.
Bomb-C: A small time bomb with a half-second fuse. Cannot harm user, can be picked up. Can harm anyone once picked up.
Bomb-S: A huge red bomb with a 5-second fuse, and an explosion the side of that seen in the Mushroom Kingdom in SSBM.
I support Bomberman being a character.

His move list could be..

B: Take out and hold a bomb (Hold B to charge it to a big bomb)

B Smash: Throw bomb

B Down: Plant a mine.

B Up: Enable Jet pack (from Bomberman Hero)

From there A button is punching or kicking, as it pretty much everyone else.
Here's my idea for a Bomberman moveset...

Bomberman

A: Punch
A, A: Punch, Opposite arm punch
A, A, A: Punch, Opp. Punch, Hard Punch
> A: Big fisted punch
v A: Trip kick
^ A: Uppercut
Smash > A: Bomb Punch (*NOTE: Can be used to punch his own bombs that have been placed, causing them to "hop" forward a space. All his other A attacks will explode his bombs)
Smash ^ A: Headbutt
Smash v A: Hard Kick
Dash A: Headfirst Dive

Air A: Punch
> A: Double Fist
< A: Spinning back kick
^ A: Flipkick
V A: Stomp (*Meteor)

Grab: Reaches out to grab
A: Headbutt
Forward: Attaches a bomb to them and tosses them forwards, like he would a bomb (so a lobbing throw). Weak.
Back: Spins around, attaches a bomb to them, and swings them backwards. Stronger.
Up: Bends forwards, and throws them straight up with a bomb attached. Mid to Weak.
Down: Slams them into the ground and plants a bomb on their chest.

B: Bomb Drop - Bomberman drops a bomb on the ground if he taps B. Each bomb has a 4 second fuse. If Bomberman holds B, the bomb is instead created in his hands, and does not have a lit fuse. He can run with this bomb in his grip, but cannot attack or double jump while he holds it. Pressing A or B makes him lob it in an arch, landing on the ground with its 4 second fuse lit; Smashing A makes him throw it straight forwards, exploding on impact. Forward B goes into his Forward B attack (below). If he holds B like he does to lift the bomb, he can keep holding B longer to pump it up. Pumped up bombs don't slow him down, but he can't jump at all. They can't be thrown quite as far, but have a bigger blast radius. An already dropped bomb cannot be picked up again by anyone, even Bomberman.

> B: Bomber Swing - Bomberman begins swinging his arm while palming a bomb. He can still run and jump while doing so, and holding B builds the spin up to be faster. When he releases, he will throw out a number of bombs in an arch that will explode on contact. He'll toss one, usually the one he's carrying if he's got one, just pressing Forward B. BUT if he swings, he can get 2, 3, 4, 5, and maybe even 6 to go in a full arch around in front of him. Not very powerful explosions, as is the case with his normal bombs, but a good way to clear an area.

^ B: Bomber Copter - From Bomberman Hero, of course. Bomberman sprouts a propellor, sits back, and gets some lift. He starts ascending slowly, but gains altitude faster as you hold B. He will eventually hit a certain "limit" after about the height of the Falcon Dive, and hover from there on in. He can let go of B to descend, increasingly faster until he gets rid of the propellors and falls, but if he does a crazy cycle of B, no B, B, no B, he can last a lot longer hovering than usual, if you don't mind a wavy flight pattern. If he gets max lift and hover with this attack, it should all take about 7/8 seconds before he runs outta juice. Tapping A while he's in fight mode will drop bombs from the sky that blow up on contact.

v B: Bomber Kick - Bomberman drops a bomb in front of him and kicks it forwards for the length of a Falcon Kick. It just slides into place, and doesn't blow up, even if it hits something (knocks it back instead). If he uses this attack in front of an already placed bomb, he'll kick that instead. He can't kick pumped up bombs.

Super Move: Power Bomb - Bomberman suddenly makes a giant red bomb, with a huge P marked on the side. Toss this wherever you want to watch the fur fly! >:D

Notes:
-Out of 5 -- Speed: 3.5, Power: 2 (Bombs range: Reg-3, Pumped-4.5), Weight: 3, Jump: 2.75, Gravity: 3.25
-Bomberman will explode his own bombs if he hits them. However, if you use the Bomber Kick or his Smash Forward A, the Bomb Punch, he's safe to touch them, and will actually even move the bombs out of his way.
-If Bomberman lands on one of his bombs he's set, he will do a low bounce off the top: the Bomb Jump! Pumped Up bombs will give him a greater boost.
-Bomberman can only have 3 set bombs around the stage at any time, meaning you have to wait 4 seconds until you can place another if you place all 3 at once.
-Other Bombermen can kick/punch other Bombermen's bombs
-Sometimes, the best route with Bomberman is to play it safe and just drop bombs in crowds while you stand off in the distance. During 1v1s, it's better to rely on his punches and throws, and leave the bombs for when you know you're safe.

Taunt: Stands up on his tiptoes with the other knee bent, punching out and winking. "Yeah!"

Entrance: Rides in on the Bomber Jet, then climbs out as the cycle zooms off.

Kirby Hat: Kirby gets the Bomberman helmet with (| |) eyes, but keeps his pink face.

Win Poses:
1. Winds up his arm and leaps into the air, punching his fist and cheering
2. Punches, then punches again, and follows with a spinning kick, stopping with his arms folded and his back facing the crowd. He turns his head with a look of "badassery" XD
3.Stands tall, legs apart, and gives a V-sign with both eyes closed (he's smiling!)

Hello all. I think Bomberman deserves his right to be in SSBB and is one of my fav. Charc of all time so I decided to make the B moves for him:
>B Throws an "Ice Bomb" at target and freezes the charc for 4 sec while frozen charc can take damage but cannot be KO'ed and barely moves him
<BThrows an "Ice Bomb" at target and freezes the charc for 4 sec while frozen charc can take damage but cannot be KO'ed and barely moves him
^B "Wind Bomb" Throws up or diagonal. Creates a "whirlwind" radius 4yards and if player gets caught in it damages 6% every sec lasts 5 seconds.
V B "Fire Bomb" A bomb thrown at ground makes a fiery line for 5 yards damages 8% lasts 3 sec does not knock target but slowly adds percentage.
B Holds "normal bomb" likes links on top of hands throws 6 yards and has a 3 yard radial explosion ( note lasts 5 secs in hands cannot throw other bombs whiles holding)

BRAWL MOVE Does his Taunt (winks gives thumbs up) and a bomb slightly bigger than snorlax in SSBM falls onto level with a array of explosions.

NOTE: All the moves were taken from Bomberman 64 (I think the best bomberman out there)
Enjoy!
bomberman 64 is one of my favorite puzzle/adventure games. i spent countless hours getting all the different outfits for vs mode (dragon armor ftw!) and i could easily see him as fitting into SSBB

B: pumped bomb (the longer you charge it, the bigger the blast)
b->: bomb kick (maybe make them random elements, like G&W's hammer)
b^: bomb hop (drops a bomb directly below him, then bounces on top of it a la 64)
bv: remote bomb (like remote mines except it can be picked up and thrown. bv again to detonate)

his a attacks could be your normal punches, kicks, etc.

and best of all, his costumes could be the different n64 ones ;D
A little off topic, but...I was recently checking out Bomberman 64 again, and realized that he could have some really cool levels. My thoughts were on White Glacier and Red Mountain, A side-scrolling level at Blue Resort would be really cool too...

B-moves:

B-Throw bomb (throw a regular bomb, or hold B to make it a big one that would explode after a bit, pick uppable when small bomb)
B^-Bomb jump (Bomberman pulls out a bomb and jumps off of it, the bomb falls a bit then explodes with medium damage, if Bomberman hits someone it'll be only a little damage)
B>-Random Bomb Element Throw (throws out a random element bomb, like B64: TSA)
Bv Bomb kick (he kicks a bomb)

Sort of a mix
Although I hated BM64. I think he should be in the game. Possibilities are endless for a move set

A. punch
Hold A: Headbutt
Up A: Uppercut
Down A: Sweep
B: Bomb
Up B: Throws bomb up into the air a does a flip kick
Down B: Bomb soccer kick sending it across the field.
Jump attack. ?

Super: Pulls out a huge bomb jumps into the air and throws it down which engulfs the whole stage affecting anyone who isn't in the air.
B^: Hop, would hop in the direction pushed, would be a weak jump but if it came into contact with another char he would grab them and repeatedly headbonk them till they broke free.

B>: Bomb Chuck, would throw a bomb at 1.5-2.0x the normal throwing speed, would throw 10-20 feet and would explode on impact, would do 8-15% damage, depending on how hard it was thrown and would be fully charged in about half a second.

B: Would Pull out a Bomb, he could then pump it with taping B or could throw it with A, also he could bounce on it if he somehow managed to jump on it. (possilby toss it in front of him then jump on it), would throw like links bomb, would do 8-10% Damage regular or if pumped would do 25-35%, pumped it would be have huge knockback but regular would only have a weak-normal knockback.

Bv: Bomb Kick, bomberman drops a bomb and kicks it travels untill it hits something, explodes on impact. does 8-10 damage, if he's in the air he would kick it streight downward in the direction you arced it and it would propell him in the opiste direction.

Smash Attacks:

A^: Would do a upward headbonk
A>: Would do a forward headbonk
Av: Would slam a bomb in the ground, would slightly damage self (2%)

Regular Attacks

A: Punch (pressing it multiple times would just just repeatedly punch switching arms)
A>Kick (weak kick the knocks enimies slightly forward)
Av: Punches the ground slightly in front of him
A^: Upercut simular to marios.

Grabs: Would grab them and throw them in whatever direction, nothing special about grabs.

I think he would make a pretty good char, his jump would be average, but he could do alot of damage.
yeah i really want bomber man in too. pommy would be really cool addition, loved TSA, but i dont know how pommy would be controlled in terms of co-op effort with bomberman. had some ideas abotu specials

B^ - bomb jump, already mentioned but he does need a recovery move so it fits better than other B^ i feel.

B> bomb kick. self explained. like in 64 can be pressed again to stop the bomb.

B Bomb throw, can be held for pump bomb

Bv Sickness - pulls out the sickness (skull shaped) item from B64, which is held to throw like an item or use the Bv again to use on yourself. picks up on contact like a mushroom would if thrown. gives a random sickness:

Sicknesses:
Fire - lights bomberman on fire doing mid lvl dmg to anybody touching him and catching them on fire doing some dmg over time for a few secs. Also causes some damage to the player over time as he burns.

Big - makes him big. make him stronger and heavier but much slower and cuts his jump height to one third.

Small - makes him really small and really fast and jumps higher but also light and can be knocked away much easier

Reverse - reverses the directional controls - left makes him go right and up makes him crouch and down for jump and you get idea.

Jammed - forces him to continued moving like in B64 where you could not stop but could change direction. speed icnrease slightly.

fastBomb (when used on bomberman only) makes his bombs explode really fast IE a drop bomb explodes sooner pthrown ones explode earlier in the aire kicked ones dont go far before they go boom

PowerBombs (when used on bomberman only, low chance of happening) gives bomberman the all powerfull red bombs! changes all bomb attacks to do more damage and explode larger radius with higher knockback power for it's duration.

Ghost - makes you semi-transparent and immune to physical attacks for a short time while taking triple damage from an energy or missile attack. may only use energy or missile attacks while in this form. (short duration, cannot be passed on)

Stun - makes you immobile. you can still take damage but are effectively impossible to move (like kirby's stone attack). short duration

All sicknesses except for fire, ghost and the ones listed as bomberman only will have a chance (maybe 5-10%) when you hit a character (or get hit by one) with a close range attack for you to pass the disease on to them and remove it from yourself. which refreshes the time reamining before it dissipates.

duration - thinking 15 seconds

peplease tell me waht you think

DJ Napps

Smash Journeyman
What about Clark's and mine?
Those are all from previous pages, but i stopped at page 19.

BTW--I hate the idea of the bomb kick. Such a wasted movespace.
Agreed.

Here's mine....

STATS:
Speed- ***
Size- ***
Weight- **
Jump- **
Reach- **
Strength- ***

A- Left-hand jab

AA- Right punch, Left punch

AAA- Strong Uppercut (w/ slight explosion)

B- Drop Bomb (Hold B 2 secs to hold, continuous holding pumps bomb) Only 4 bombs can be placed on the field at once. If B is pressed when maxium bombs are placed, the bombs would detonate simultaneously.

B<>- Bomb Kick/ Soccer Bomb (if a laid bomb is in front of him, Bomberman kicks it forward and it rolls until it hit something. If Bomberman is not in front of a bomb, Bomberman quickly lays a bomb any kicks it while flipping over {like a famous soccer move}. It flies through the air quickly and explodes on contact.)

B\/- Suicide Bomb (Bomberman slams a bomb beneath his feet, quickly flinging him upward and causing slight damage to him. Causes major damage to neighboring enemies)

B^- Bomber Copter (Bomberman bursts upward with propeller spinning above him. He is able to fly around freely for around 10 secs.)

Final Smash- (undecided)

A- Bomberman jumps on the back of Pommy and rides around the stage with increased speed and jumping ability. He can drop as much as 10 bombs at one time and quickly as desired. Pommy is also able to attack opponents (i.e-biting). Duration: 20 secs.

B- Bomberman pumps a legendary Red Bomb to maximum size (around 2x the height of Bowser). Bomberman speed is greatly decreased and cannot jump. He is free to throw the bomb wherever he pleases, the bombs explosion radius affects everyone on the stage. Any player hit with the Bomb is instanly knocked off stage or is immobilized and dizzy (with stars flying around their head as in Bomberman 64)

Del Money

Smash Champion
holy ****ing ****, thats a ballsload!!!! ok you guys are gonna have to give me like 15-20 min to review all these/drive home from work

Top Bottom