• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BloodBowler Presents: AR2: August 11th!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BloodBowler

Smash Ace
Update: The Timetable

The hall has been hired from 9am until 10pm. It'll be a bit of a squeeze getting everything in but we should be okay. Here are the basic times I'm going to try and keep to:

8:30 am - Wake up
9:00 am - Hall opens, setting up starts. If anyone wants to help moving stuff to the venue, all hands are appreciated.
10:00 am - Registration for Doubles and Singles. Payment of all entry fees and cover charge.
11:00 am - Doubles Start
1:30 pm - Singles Pools Start
4:30 pm - Singles Brackets start
7:00 pm - Doubles Grand Finals + Singles Grand Finals + Prize giving
8:00 pm - North vs South Crew Battle

Expect me to be pushing things to go quickly. Last year I got slack and as a result we almost ran over, this year I'll be making sure things go to schedule. If something doesn't take as long as planned, I'll start the other events early.

grayfox

Smash Champion
Thats a tight schedule. I suggest you appoint people to help make sure things run smoothly. From experience tourney matches don't play unless people are told to play them, pools especially. Get a few people to say "you play you, NOW!" and theres less chance of things running over

BloodBowler

Smash Ace
Yes, I'll be having each top seed take care of their pool and ensure it's smooth running. My pools matches and C03Y's pools matches will all be played first, this will allow us to get our pools done and walk around to make sure the rest of the pools advance quickly and effeciently. Each pool will be assigned it's own TV and I don't want to see so much as a single stock friendly on these TV's until all pools are completed.

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
Im booked OMG

Leave Glasgow for Edinburgh 9:00 AM
Arrive 10:18 AM

Leave Edinburgh for Newcastle 11:00 AM
Arrive 1:45 PM

For reference of Mafia^

monty06

Smash Ace
Samus Is For SSBM Gamers Who Have No Soul
Type: Internet & Technology - Gaming
Description: This is a group for those who feel Samus is too powerful for Super Smash Bro. Melee, and all those who use her as there primary fighter are too weak of gamers to use other characters. Thus they have no gaming soul.

i thats the part of stuff of samus on face book lol ur missing out on much

v3x?

Smash Journeyman
Yo i'll be there money/lift depending along with spkz.

Be good to play everyone again... And get my own back on zeppo :p

Reacher

Smash Apprentice
Alright J03 I'm calling you out, £5 tetris MM, best of 7, for the right to be called the ultimate champion of the tetris universe :cool:

Steph Bev

Smash Rookie
Hey

Hellooo eveyone, as i'm going to skip work to come to this here smash thingy i thought i might as well join this here posty thingy and say hi..... so hi, and after talking with bb i may for a laugh enter the singles coz 'it'll be awesomecore'. So if i do enter and your pooled with me, well done. You just booked urself an easy win, :D

Laters anyway, and whats all this tetris talk....?

grayfox

Smash Champion
Tetris is bad news. If anyone can get a game of columns going it's gg, i'm unbeatable!

Really lookin' forawrd to this now O____O

Also, hello

J03

Smash Master
TRAVEL GUIDE XD

the best/cheapest way from london is www.nationalexpress.com you should still be able to get a funfare (cheap as fook) ticket to manchester then a train to lancaster. the tickets are currnetly between 7 and 10 quid each way and the train will cost you another 10-15 return (dont need to book the train tickets) and someone will pick you up from lancaster train station.

if arriving by coach to manchester youll need to get from the station to manchester victoria train station. this can be a bit annoying if you dont know the way. luckily youll be travelling on friday/saturday so itll prolly be very busy! so ask people! if your shy then you can always jump on the metrolink for a few quid (ask directions to the metro stations though XD)

once you get on the train chances are youll need to swap at preston or salford cresent (im not gonna insult your intelligene on that one)

when you arrive call either myself, BB or will (coey) and well send someone to pick you up, unless your a lucky ******* and we might come ourselfs =o.

my number is 07816380025

BB's number is 07869380854

will's number is 07784288764

my advice is put all three in your phone just in case, and if your not one to have credit ever then dont worry, theres phoneboxes in the stations.
imo itll prolly be best to arrive on the friday as prepartions kick off annoyingly early on the saturday.

if your the type'o guy thats not planning on sleeping at BB's, looking at ed and RAF mainly then please be on time. you know its not easy running a tourney (more then me coz i aint ever done one XD) and from what i grasp the schedule could a little tight especially when you take into account how long pools COULD take and all that shiz, bottom line is we dont want things to be harder then they already are, ty.

any queries or questions...you have ma number and my msn is crazyjokerthesecond@hotmail.com

VA

Smash Hero
I can get there on the friday, it's all good but was just wondering if there were any spaces for me to stay anywhere? I have one possibly two people with me and if there is no space in peoples houses for us then I could use a suggestion for a hostel or something.

I'm from the southwest and it;s like 300 miles -.-

BloodBowler

Smash Ace
there'll be space, but it will be floor space and it'll be cramped. There will be matresses availible however these will all be on the top floor and are only for people going to bed early. I don't want to see people trying to reserve themselfs a matress and going to bed at stupid o clock AM as it's not fair on everyone else.

Turning up on the friday would be best, all my details are in the first post if you need to contact me, or you can PM me through the boards, my username is in the first post as well :chuckle:

Hope to se you all here in just over a week!

Note: Due to my going to Bacup this weekend for some practice, the skeleton pools will be posted on the 3rd (Friday aka tomorrow) instead of the 4th.

golfball

Smash Apprentice
manchester, or 30 mins away.. lol bagels are made
Hey guys,

if anybody is calling tetris MM's ill call them between 2 - 5 quid against my Girlfreind, yeah,, i'm volunteering her...

V3x3! ! ! ! ! I especially look forward to seeing you again, not seen you since AR 1, or Eds, i cant remember which, i just remember the smash and the patter, but i definitely want some friendlies

Oh and on a side note.. im coming on the friday, as i assume, (dnt quote me! ) the rest of my crew are as well as a few people im bringing that wont be playing smash but may be bringing tvs ! ! ! ! Which will be awesomecore.

And it is my birthday on the sunday, and bb's on the monday.. or saturday.. One of them, anyway, i plan to be going out with STFU to lancaster town for a few drinks for smash patter and to celebrate 19 years of being on the same planet as smash, and commisorating on being on the same planet as joe ! :D
(love ya joe.. don't even think about kissing me again btw...homo)

So anyway, anybody want to come out with us if your not goin, that be awesomec0reness. Cuz we cant have bb iin any fit state on saturday night :D .. nor me.. woo

any1 wanna chins mm?

see ya all in a week ! ,<3

Steph Bev

Smash Rookie
helloo again,

BB - me an ste booked a hotel for friday but we'll be stayin at urs on saturday so just to let you know, :)

And anyone who wants to play some tetris during this tourney then i'd be happy to play, :p

FoulPlay

Smash Lord
Anyone want some games on the friday?

The following people I'd like friendlies with you sometime during the tournament. :)

Bullet Bill
Aiko
WireFrame
Blood Bowler
Dave
J03
FrozenWave
Kman
Vanity Angel
Sniper
V3X3
Darvor
Ouch
Reacher
Neil/Silver
GolfBall (Because I haven't played you yet... XD)

I'll probably add more later.

v3x?

Smash Journeyman
Hey golfball, good to see you're still around.

Just wanna clarify what the best time to arrive is if i dont get a lift? And if there's any tickets left or whatever coz i might be comin alone :'(

edit: foulplay: i guess i'll have some games if you're looking to play me =/ lol if i get there i'll give ya a game ^^

Omadon

Internal Combustion Power
Well guys, looks like were confirmed =) Me, my brother, Jay & Our new guy all getting driven up by my poor father xD

BloodBowler

Smash Ace
Steph: You supply me with a DS and I'll play some tetris against ye.

Foulplay: SLVR isn't coming.

If anyone wants friendlies against me I reccomend you get them in the night before if possible.

BloodBowler

Smash Ace
Okay before I post these, I wanna make a few things certain:

1. Me and Reacher have looked at these and have spent a long time shifting them to the point of them being what we think as being balanced. Please appreciate this work that we've put in and don't just act like a weirdo because of your pool.

2. These are just SKELETON POOLS! These are not the final on the day pools. If your name is not on the pools list, do not worry. These are just a base and a guideline to go on and you still have a chance to be added and play in the tournament at 10am on the tournament day.

3. I will not be taking rivalries, mains, personal preferences or anything else except for crews into consideration. I will be doing my best to make sure that two players from the same crew do not have the same pool. This is because them being in the same crew, means they play each other a lot, know each other's playstyle VERY well and this could potentially unbalance the results.

4. Unless you can offer me a calm, cool, reasonable and logical explanation as to why your pool needs changing, I will not change it. Lots of work has gone into these and I'm not going to undo it just because you got someone in your pool you think you'll lose to. Players in pools are allocated due to: Seeding, Tournament experience (# of tourney's gone to) and average placement at these tournaments. Whilst this approach may be flawed, it's the only fair way.

Now I present to you all:

The Pools

Anarchy Rules 2 - Round 1 Pools

Pool 1
------

Jam5
OwnA
BloodBowler
OniBoy
SuperNintendoid

Pool 2
------

DSD9
Lord Rust
AC_Anon
Kman
FoulPlay

Pool 3
------

OGRE
Ryan
Ouch
Sniper123
SpkzZ

Pool 4
------

Capt. Zeppo
Frostbyte
J03
Frozenwave
V3X?

Pool 5
------

Reacher
Go! Spam-a-lamb!
L4DY
Aiko
Vanity Angel

Pool 6
------

Mr. P
Darvor**
SoS
Golfball1
Syntax Error

**In the case of Darvor doing a no-show, SoS is to take the seed postion.

Pool 7
------

Geek28
BigMan
Monty
WireFrame
Sam

Pool 8
------

Kone
C03Y
Davemans
BulletBill
JiR

FoulPlay

Smash Lord
I couldn't help but notice some people have four in their pool rather than 5, In that pool will three people also go through to the 24 man bracket or is it only two from each pool? In an earlier post I recall something being said about top 3 from each pool going through, Judging by 3x8=24, I suppose 3 people will go through from each pool? :S

EDIT: Nevermind just read the frontpage posting with the pools included to it.

BloodBowler

Smash Ace
In the event of a 40 man turnout 3 people will advance from each pool to enter a 24 man Double Elimination bracket. If 39 or less people turn up to Anarchy Rules 2, then only the top 2 from each pool will advance to a 16 man double elimination bracket.

If 40+ people turn up, each pool will have 5 players in it minimum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom