• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bleach

Viroxor

Smash Ace
I don't know, I kinda liked Amagai. I felt like he could have been really cool as a canon character. Although his fight would have been so much more epic if Yamamoto had just Wonderweiss'd him, instead of acting like he needed his zanpakuto to be a total BAMF.

quirkynature

Smash Ace
^Sure, but WE NEED ICHIGO ZOMG!!1!!

I'm Yamamoto, sure, I'm the oldest and strongest Shinigami in Soul Society but my power pales in comparison to anybody's when there's no Ichigo because he's the darn hero ZOMG WAAAH ICHIGOOOOOO SAVE USSS!

/sarcasm

asianaussie

Smash Hero
bleach is taking crack, and by crack i mean a clear overemphasis on powering up

that hasn't been good since dbz...actually yu yu hakusho barely managed to pull it off because it didn't overstay its welcome, the world was implied as too large for yuusuke and co to truly comprehend, and the protagonists were 'weak' for so long

as you can tell im only coming in here to bash discuss bleach

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I didn't get the newest chapter... It seemed all weird.
The only thing I like so far in this arc is just seeing characters that haven't shown up in awhile.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
bleach is taking crack, and by crack i mean a clear overemphasis on powering up

that hasn't been good since dbz...actually yu yu hakusho barely managed to pull it off because it didn't overstay its welcome, the world was implied as too large for yuusuke and co to truly comprehend, and the protagonists were 'weak' for so long
1. Overemphasis on anything can be fine anytime as long as it knows it's doing it and doesn't take itself too seriously. (I would term things "overemphasized" very cautiously)

2. Yu Yu Hakusho had a more gradual increase in power as a "fantasy" protagonist should. It was good for other reasons as well

asianaussie

Smash Hero
wasnt gradual...

went from like D rank to D rank with a B rank ougi
then to about C rank with an A+ rank ougi
then demonise it and POW S rank, beating up archangels
and then suddenly a whole new world of SSSSSSSS ranks appears

spoiler of power levels in bleach

bleach was like Z rank to D rank (shinigami) to Z rank (loss of power) to C rank (soul society) to A rank (bankai) to A rank with instant S+ rank (hollow mask) to nobody really cares and i can't remember but it ends up at SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS rank

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
wasnt gradual...
It was gradual in that there was no point at which Usuke suddenly beefed impossibly (besides the last arc, but by then the series had already pleased so much that it didn't matter much because there were factors in the presentation and story telling and the character development throughout it that made such a thing not seem like a cop-out). It was comfortably assumed that he was stronger at each point because of how much he exerted himself every prior arc. Makes sense . . If you say it wasn't gradual, whatever, but I'd say it was not the poorer for it.

anyway:
I was dissapointed with this chapter, surprise surprise. It still lacks any real hook and I really don't care whose foot that is.

quirkynature

Smash Ace
It's obviously
Ichigo's mom's
foot.

Oh, Ishida got a "new" look. /pretendingtocare
What? No! It's obviously
Aizen's foot because he gained a new tier of power in his cell deep inside Soul Society and now he's come to raep Ichigo

Oh, and Orihime got a "new" look. /pretendingtocare

Ya know, just for the heck of it, I'd like to see Ishida unleash all his reiatsu on Ichigo, make him faint, wake him up and do it again a couple of times, then shout "AIN'T SO MUCH FUN, IS IT?!"

Hahaha..

Minato

穏やかじゃない
It's been awhile since we've seen Orihime all happy and ditsy. I missed that.
She was way to depressed and serious in Hueco Mundo.

Kubo's trying to make this "time skip" seem all cool. It isn't working, sadly, imo.
Reintroducing characters with their new looks could've been pulled off better.

Maybe I'm being spoiled by what's happened in One Piece.

quirkynature

Smash Ace
Failed, though.

Maybe Aizen will have another powerup. Or an epiphany. Why couldn't those morons have just killed him off?

Mercy and kindness is so overrated...ESPECIALLY AFTER AIZEN KILLED GIN!

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Failed, though.

Maybe Aizen will have another powerup. Or an epiphany. Why couldn't those morons have just killed him off?

Mercy and kindness is so overrated...ESPECIALLY AFTER AIZEN KILLED GIN!
Yeah I agree. That part was pretty lame.

In other news I got my new Let's Play up and running. :3
I'm totally not stealing the limelight with Bleach being major suck and all.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
kubo was like"omg one piece is so much better now with the timeskip, i shall do the same!"
Not to mention the part where Ichigo went to face Zangetsu was right after a similar event that had happened in Naruto.
Kubo isn't stealing ideas now, is he? :laugh:

quirkynature

Smash Ace
Not to mention the part where Ichigo went to face Zangetsu was right after a similar event that had happened in Naruto.
Kubo isn't stealing ideas now, is he? :laugh:

You know, I hadn't really noticed that. Wow. I mean, wow.

Kubo just might have taken plagiarism to a whole new level!!

Enzo

Smash Lord
Where is the story going lol.
but i like this, I was getting scared that the story would end since you know final getsuga tensho etc. but since aizen is still alive and well and with the dog who came to help/do something to yammy back in hueco mundo is really interesting

i think ichigo's sisters got a new look /pretendingtocare

Minato

穏やかじゃない
The new housewife character is kick ***, she made me like the new chapter.
I'm telling you, that's Aizen at the last page
. xD

I got my laugh of the day. xD
LOL I thought he looked similar to him too.

And geez, this story is weird. I might just put off Bleach for awhile since the story's so slow.
I'm sure a lot of you guys have already done that.

DJMirror

Smash Master
The MILF made me LOL'd pretty hard and got me hard

down below my belt. Sadly even if I called the store to ask her to come by I'll end up with Ichigo

-Final-

Aria♪
I always thought Bleach looked stupid and was only about violence, but I decided to start watching it last week, and it really is not bad. I'm really starting to like it, even though I'm only at episode 35.

S l o X

Smash Champion
If I had more time, I would actually watch the anime but I've been relatively busy so like last year I just started reading the manga of all the anime I watched and was pleasently surprised at how much I liked it over the anime. (no fillers and a lot less time. great art etc...)

but Bleach gets really good > really bad > really good > no idea wtf is going on > ???? > :D > ???? > :DD basically.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I wish the Bleach anime (and Naruto anime) went by seasons like how Reborn and even Gintama are doing.
It'd make the quality of the show much better, IMO.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
I wish the Bleach anime (and Naruto anime) went by seasons like how Reborn and even Gintama are doing.
It'd make the quality of the show much better, IMO.

thats a fact. but if anything bleach would benefit more for having seasons seeing as how 1 episode covers like 4 chapters

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
mm, you have a point.

well it makes more sense than aizen transforming again and again without fighting, and then getting destroyed

quirkynature

Smash Ace
well it makes more sense than aizen transforming again and again without fighting, and then getting destroyed
If Kubo had put in Ichigo x Aizen hentai instead of the Aizen transformation, that probably would have made more sense.

Whatever vision Kubo had for Bleach has been officially ***** to hell, so there's no sense in trying to keep up with Bleach, at least for the present. I'm dropping it for a few weeks. If I feel like it, I'll pick it up again. If not, Aizen is locked away and Ichigo loses all his powers. /Bleach for me.

See ya guys (maybe in a few weeks assuming Kishimoto and Oda f up their manga as much as Kubo has).

Top Bottom