• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Thread - Continuum Shift II info!

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Makoto's parry loop is silly. And ultimately, it's not that hard, the timing is just counterintuitive. The actual parry cancel is one swift motion, and the rest of it is literally just following the rhythm.

I like that it can be done out of 6B and 2B. And that it can be done in the middle of a blockstring to mix up into... anything.

I don't like that she can't approach.

When and why did they start calling him Hype Dog?
Because he's ****ing hype as ****.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Makoto can't jump cancel anything except 6A and 2C on block, both of which aren't the most stellar of options. I prefer canceling them into her 236A and then pressure. Her pressure is insane though, but it does almost ZERO guard libra damage.

The Space Loop, like all infinites, gets too weak to be worth the effort after a couple of loops, so I recommend doing a solid finisher (rekka/drive **** in corner/lv. 2 drive RC ****/Super after around 3 sets. Go ahead and use up heat after hitting the loop because your gaining almost all of it back.

She's turning out to be really solid, imo.

I have no idea about Mu yet since I haven't unlocked her. I'd like some input.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Makoto can't jump cancel anything except 6A and 2C on block, both of which aren't the most stellar of options. I prefer canceling them into her 236A and then pressure.
This is why I'm saying poke/HL mix-up with her B set, hitconfirm with 5C, and if you've got the hit, start the space loop, and if you are on block, go into Astroid vision shenanigans/Comet Cannon pressure (holy **** two guard primers on lv3 Break Shot wtf).

disasterABDUL

Smash Ace
I have no idea about Mu yet since I haven't unlocked her. I'd like some input.
i'd like some too
i'm putting my efforts into finishing the story as fast as possible to get her because i don't feel like coughing up 2 bucks to buy her
i am very glad the unlimited characters are 1 dollar each because i can't beat a cpu controlled tager that knows exactly when to take advantage of his invincibility frames U_U

when are the other downloadable characters going to be released?
and who exactly are they? i heard there would be platnium, v-13, and valkenhayn(sp?). anyone else?

Shady Penguin

Smash Lord
i'd like some too
i'm putting my efforts into finishing the story as fast as possible to get her because i don't feel like coughing up 2 bucks to buy her
i am very glad the unlimited characters are 1 dollar each because i can't beat a cpu controlled tager that knows exactly when to take advantage of his invincibility frames U_U

when are the other downloadable characters going to be released?
and who exactly are they? i heard there would be platnium, v-13, and valkenhayn(sp?). anyone else?
The release dates aren't known, but they're probably gonna be available before the balance patch which is set to come out in a little less than 6 months I believe.

Also, those are the only characters we know of (V-13 is just the unlimited version of Lambda btw).

KillerChao

Smash Rookie
DC suks this ***** can't stay on one game for too long before he gives up XD i saw that **** on facebook someone teach me GG faust =D XDXDXDXDXD

Veggi

Smash Champion
He had that stuff in the last game though and he wasn't nearly as popular there. Althoug I'm loving his invincible upper body atomic collider. It makes Ragna much less of a pain in the ***. I think it makes the Hakumen matchup easier too, but I haven't played against him much.

DC

Smash Cadet
This game does suck though.'

tager x hakumen is one of the worst matchups in the game.

Veggi

Smash Champion
When I played online CT there were tons of Ragnas. There wasn't a lack of Tager players and I think a lot of people just played Tager against me to show me he was easy to play, but I didn't see a lot of them. I guess it's just luck of the draw that I didn't see many Tagers.

I can imagine Hakumen would be very difficult to approach for Tager. I'll take most of what people tell me over what I've experienced because I haven't explored this game much.

DC

Smash Cadet
TAGER DOES NOT APPROACH HAKUMEN

thats why its one of the worst matchups in the game

VietGeek

Smash Hero
i've been hearing makoto can get 9k off 50 heat or 10k off 100 heat like today

busy being a non-procrastinating filthy high schooler so just wondering anyone can spoon feed me a video

i mean i just want to relay this info over here in hopes someone will show us how ridiculous makoto can be

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Tager's 2D solves all of the issues of Hakumen's gay pokes. It's really fast and outprioritizes everything he has. It's also safe on block against Hakumen, I believe (and Hakumen alone).

Also, lol, Makoto doesn't do 10,000 in a practical combo.
She does 5,000 with oki in the corner.
She can also do an air combo (land) Big Bang Smash as a combo that doesn't appear on the counter, but may as well anyway (for a free 3k), if the opponent doesn't neutral tech, that is. Forward and backward techs get ***** hard.

Top Bottom