• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BlackPanther presents: Twin Tower Rumble!! July 18th (DETAILS INSIDE)

BlackPanther

Smash Ace
Twin Tower Rumble

Copied and pasted AOB's SMYM format with my own changes lol

Saturday July 18th 2009
12 noon - 12 midnight
I think I can use the room earlier so if people want to come early to help setup and play some friendlies then that would be cool.

Twin Towers Condominiums
123 SW Jefferson AV
Peoria, Illinois 61602

Parking is available underground. Make your way to fulton street which intersects Jefferson and there's an entry way that goes to the parking lots under the towers

Stuff

Since there's no venue fee your venue fee is pretty much parking
$10 per person for teams
$10 for singles
Remaining pot will be split as follows:
1 - 60%
2 - 30%
3 - 10%

Tournament Rules

Doubles pools will feed into a bracket of 16 teams; singles pools will feed into a bracket of 64 players.

•Stages/Characters:
••Stages limited to the 6 starter stages for random, others open for counterpicks.
••Starter stages: Battlefield, Final Destination, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Kirby 64, Pokemon Stadium
••Stages banned: Yoshi's Island, MKI, MKII, Venom, Big Blue, Flatzone, Icicle Mountain, Hyrule Temple, Fourside, Brinstar Depths, Termina, and Yoshi's Island 64
•Dave's Stupid Rule: You may not pick the last stage where you won in the same set.
•Knock-out: Each person may knock out one stage for the entire match. This stage must be selected before any stages are chosen for the set.
•Advanced Slob Picks - Loser may choose the next stage or elect to go random, then winner may choose to change characters, then
loser may change characters
•Double Blind pick for the first game of a set may be called at any time
•Wobbling is banned

•Special Team Rules:
• Team Attack ON
• Life stealing allowed
• Fountain of Dreams and Mute City are banned

Other Rules & Special Issues

-- Controller modifications: removal of components/buttons and cosmetic changes are allowed. Turbo or programmed buttons or add-ons are not allowed.
-- FastLikeTree rule in effect
--Not showing up for your match after a certain amount of time which I haven't decided yet can be grounds for disqualification. The place isn't that big so make sure you're where you need to be.
--No stalling (making yourself unreachable by your opponent) or making matches unfinishable or other such evildoing.
--You are responsible to BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER.

Other other rules and issues

--WEAR DEODORANT!! There will be consequences for not complying with the rules I have issued. Some of you know who I am I'm seriously not kidding I may joke around which I do but have respect for you and others around you if I get complaints I will throw you out of the building with my own hands(just kidding about the last part but you will be asked to leave angrily lol).

--Venue fee issues and setup waivers! Since there's no venue fee, I can't really waive people if they bring setups so I'm thinkin of a way to do so. I'm thinkin about paying for parking if you bring a tv and gamecube/wii setup.

--I know how rowdy us smashers get when crazy **** goes down but please keep it civil I live with a bunch of rich old people who might complain and get our tournament canceled or some ****.

For more info contact:

Me/ BlackPanther/Rashad

via AIM - blackpanther6389
via phone - 309-643-3810

If I don't answer that's because I'm working or working out so I'll get back to you whenever I can just leave me a message.

I'll edit my post accordingly when new info is provided

HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!!

Antendees (asterik means bringing a setup):
tdk_Samurai
an8676
Tomacawk
Gooeybanana
EPsucks1337
studly
Legion
Sveet
Kels88

BlackPanther

Smash Ace
Way too short? There's like 2 weeks to decide if you're gonna go to this or not. And samurai I'm not playin if you smell don't think I won't kick you out this is serious **** if you don't need deordant to smell normal that's fine but don't ****in say you're not gonna wear deodorant to sound like some kind of hardass cuz that **** aint gonna fly with me real talk.

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
Asian don't need deodorant. .We don't sweat and smell good 24/7.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
can the racism stop please?
put me on the attendee list. I'll be there no matter what, even if I have to drive alone (unless my boss calls me and tells me I cannot call off that day even though I already have)

BlackPanther

Smash Ace
Alright cool. Please bring setups as well. I haven't thought of anything yet but I will find a way to repay the people who brings one. Maybe pay for your parking like stated in the first post.

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure I can get this day off unless ofc, the parents deny my request. Basically, same deal as if I'm going to SMYM10 or not, but it's definitely looking likely that I can go to both. At least, I hope so!!!

I'll try to bring a cube, card, and Melee but I don't want to bring my TV since it has to have a VCR for some dumb *** reason :/.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
Don't pay people, if they want a tournament they can bring their setups. I'll bring my cube and mem card. I forgot, but TV's are provided here, right? Or was it just tables+chairs? I can't really bring a TV but hopefully some firends can.

Dart

Smash Lord
I can bring a setup and ****...and i t believe *don't quote me on this* that samurai was using sarcasm if he wasn't my bad

Tomacawk

Smash Master
fox/falcon, depends who you play.
kels if that was directed towards me i'd like to cash battle you twice, once with fox, once with falcon (both against your fox)

BlackPanther

Smash Ace
Money match me. You can pick: Fox, Falco, Falcon, Marth, Sheik, Pikachu.
Any amount is fine with me:)
Omg Kels if you come lol, that would be ****in sweet I'll mm you. Oh and it's just confirmed my ****in roommate isn't gonna be there -_-. So yeah I'll team with you sveet lol.

Zeu$

Smash Journeyman
I meant you can pick my character. You don't have to be one of them. Those are the people I'm going to be.
cool kid.

that marth is gettign moist as hell btw, sadly I doubt I'll touch my cube for awhile, blazblue is fukkin crack

BlackPanther

Smash Ace
cool kid.

that marth is gettign moist as hell btw, sadly I doubt I'll touch my cube for awhile, blazblue is fukkin crack
What? So does that mean you're not comin =(?

Btw COME THE FUXX ON PEOPLE!! WHERE THE CHICAGO CATS BESIDES KELS AND CHAMPAIGN KIDS THAT CLAIMED THEY WERE COMIN TO THIS?!?!

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Isn't Blazblue **** near close in similarity to Guilty Gears? I need to look into it, then again, I have one of those pretty generic Hori Arcade sticks and it pretty much blows...THE BUTTONS SUCK, and I'm thinking the gate that comes with it isn't my type of gate...and I'm pretty sure you can't replace the buttons with Sanwa ones because the buttons are too huge...idk I'd have to look into that.

Personally, I think I'll stick to Smash lol.

Dart

Smash Lord
Isn't Blazblue **** near close in similarity to Guilty Gears? I need to look into it, then again, I have one of those pretty generic Hori Arcade sticks and it pretty much blows...THE BUTTONS SUCK, and I'm thinking the gate that comes with it isn't my type of gate...and I'm pretty sure you can't replace the buttons with Sanwa ones because the buttons are too huge...idk I'd have to look into that.

Personally, I think I'll stick to Smash lol.
poisonally i prefer ya azzzz

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
omg i just checked my schedule, my manager scheduled me 11-7 on this day. it might still change, but probably not.

goodkid

Smash Lord
So this is in Peoria? How many of you smashers go to Bradley? I'm thinking of going there in the next 2 years so send me a shout-out or something cause it would be nice to know how the school and smashers are.

Dart

Smash Lord
well bradley is like 10 mins from my house so if theres anything going on around here ill let you know

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
Way too short? There's like 2 weeks to decide if you're gonna go to this or not. And samurai I'm not playin if you smell don't think I won't kick you out this is serious **** if you don't need deordant to smell normal that's fine but don't ****in say you're not gonna wear deodorant to sound like some kind of hardass cuz that **** aint gonna fly with me real talk.
black people scare me

Top Bottom