• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Black Knight for Brawl (SPOILERS AHEAD)

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
My bad everyone, I didn't know how to use the tags until today. I covered my part up, but I know that's not going to work. Again I'm sorry.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Just so you all know (check this out Pieman):

Sorry if I went offtopic I just heard someone say Sakurai likes Sigurd (which he probably does) but that's not his FE character.
Hah! I was right then...well technically I'm not sure if my theory to the origins are true, but at least there's proof now that it isn't Sigurd. >_>

And now for the money question...just who is Nabarl? I can't seem to remember. o_o

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
I hate how people say he can't be in Brawl just cause he can't jump, that's the worst argument against him.
How about this one: He will make Bowser look fast.

And another one: Do you really think that Fire Emblem fans want all the focus on Fire Emblem 9/10?

I'm a Fire Emblem fan, and I don't want all the focus on FE9/10. The focus should be also for FE1/3, FE4 and if possible FE6.

IllidR

Smash Champion
How about this one: He will make Bowser look fast.

And another one: Do you really think that Fire Emblem fans want all the focus on Fire Emblem 9/10?

I'm a Fire Emblem fan, and I don't want all the focus on FE9/10. The focus should be also for FE1/3, FE4 and if possible FE6.
That's just a matter of opinion. I like Black Knight and some other recent characters of Fire Emblem and see no problem with them being the only representation.

jb254

Smash Apprentice
Well... today's update shows Ike appearing on stage with the Black Knight's warp magic. So, say goodbye to any chance he may have had of being a playable character.

This is a sad day for us all =(

d0c926

Smash Journeyman
Ever since Ike was confirmed to be slow powerhouse fighter, Black Knight chance went down alot. I really like him and he just got this "cool" factor like Ridely. IF he is not PC, then least make him an AT

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
think about it this way, mario and luigi both come in through the warp pipes right? well they could do the same type of thing with BK. nothing says they cant both use the warp magic.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
Grasping at straws, my good man :ohwell:
thing is is that you guys are loseing hope way to easily. so far in all the fire emblem games I played(those only being 2) I have seen plenty of characters who could use that same exact warp magic, so dont let one update ruin it for you. He still has possibilites even if they are slim.I dont personaly care if BK is in or not, but the thing is that this doesnt kill his chances, so dont give up on him yet.

Grimwolf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Grimwolff
If Black Knight was in the game, he would have to be even slower than Ike and more powerful than Ike. From the sounds of it, Ike is already very very slow, even slower than ganondorf was. And Ike is also very very powerful. To make someone even slower and stronger than Ike is, would just be dumb and wouldn't work.

IllidR

Smash Champion
If Black Knight was in the game, he would have to be even slower than Ike and more powerful than Ike. From the sounds of it, Ike is already very very slow, even slower than ganondorf was. And Ike is also very very powerful. To make someone even slower and stronger than Ike is, would just be dumb and wouldn't work.
We'll just see about that...>=O

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
The black knight is one cool looking character.Ever since i read the 1st thread on him and saw what he looked like I instantly said "That guy would be my main"I really hope he's in it.

Also have you even noticed in the front profile pics' he looks KINDA like a black version of diamond weapon from FF7?

Hong

The Strongest
There's nothing stopping them from making Black Knight faster and heavier but weaker than Ike, you know. Of course stat wise, that isn't the case. But in terms of the actual character and story, the Black Knight is known to move very quickly. Of course, this isn't saying his chances are high. Just that Ike being slow doesn't really completely rule him out.

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
I doubt they would make BK slower and/or stronger than Ike.
That would be just...wrong
It would even look right.

Wu Tang Gang

Smash Ace
This thread reminds me of the awesomeness of playing as him partly in Radiant Dawn, and beating him in PoR. He has collective importance, he's the Dark Vader of Ike. I have yet to beat Radiant Dawn, but when I do, I bet he has EVEN MORE importance.

IllidR

Smash Champion
This thread reminds me of the awesomeness of playing as him partly in Radiant Dawn, and beating him in PoR. He has collective importance, he's the Dark Vader of Ike. I have yet to beat Radiant Dawn, but when I do, I bet he has EVEN MORE importance.
People usually tag that with a spoiler tag. Hell, this thread is full of spoilers.

BLACK KNIGHT FOR BRAWL!

IllidR

Smash Champion
Hey we should make a club about Black Knight. Like we'll both be the founders.

I'm not really good at names, but I was thinking

Black Knight Association: Have it your way!
I don't think that's such a good idea. While I'm one of the biggest Black Knight supporters around, most people cheering Black Knight on for a spot have given up hope of his chances because of Ike's incredibly slow speed, which is definitely a hindrance on his inclusion on Brawl. I'm still hoping the BK makes it.

And I think the name I suggested a while back was The Black Table.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
I don't think that's such a good idea. While I'm one of the biggest Black Knight supporters around, most people cheering Black Knight on for a spot have given up hope of his chances because of Ike's incredibly slow speed, which is definitely a hindrance on his inclusion on Brawl. I'm still hoping the BK makes it.

And I think the name I suggested a while back was The Black Table.
I really hope he gets in as well. But I agree: Ike's speed does not bode well. I think our only hope is that BK will be slipped in as an Ike clone, but who knows if clones are even returning?

But if he is even confirmed, we'll definitely form a BK fan club.

Wu Tang Gang

Smash Ace
I really hope he gets in as well. But I agree: Ike's speed does not bode well. I think our only hope is that BK will be slipped in as an Ike clone, but who knows if clones are even returning?

But if he is even confirmed, we'll definitely form a BK fan club.
Err.. he CAN NOT, be an Ike clone. He gets a projectile attack much like Kirby's in Melee. His Eclipse can be the thing like Marth's B> . He has MANY possibilities. That's the arguement against him, which is really an Ike clone arguement in disguise. Link has Ike's fighting style with different moves. Same can be said for Black knight.

IllidR

Smash Champion
Err.. he CAN NOT, be an Ike clone. He gets a projectile attack much like Kirby's in Melee. His Eclipse can be the thing like Marth's B> . He has MANY possibilities. That's the arguement against him, which is really an Ike clone arguement in disguise. Link has Ike's fighting style with different moves. Same can be said for Black knight.
He has much potential not to be a clone, but people will just look at it as "Oh, two slow swordsmen... clones!" And yes, Wiseguy maybe a luigified clone.. I just hopes he's included as a playable character in some way.

Wolfgang457

Smash Journeyman
As cool and bad@ss as BK is I must admit I'd rather not see him as a PC in this game. I personally think that since the FE series covers so many games and timelines that it would make more sense to pick someone from another part of FE's history. Besides I think Ike represents PoR and RD just fine on his own, though I will admit I was surprised he was heavy. I think that the Black Knight would definitely make for a hardcore boss fight in SSE though.

TengenToppaDrill

Smash Apprentice
Your mom's house... Calgary Alberta, Canada, Earth
The Black Knight has endless potential. I mean, there is no way he could be a clone unless Sakurai purposely tried to make him one. He could use many things, such as the warp powder as an actual move, other arcane objects,eclipse, etc.. I would think that he would be extremely slow, moreso than Ike, but harder to kill (blessed armor anyone) and spectacularly stronger.
My Final Point
How could you not let this guy in?

How about just his song?
If that's not possible, maybe Gatrie could take his place?

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Endless pottential? He has the same basic weapon as Ike, and is trained by the same guy as Ike too. Those things you listed are also not enough to put him in. Plus, if I want that, Ganondorf works just as well.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
The Black Knight has endless potential. I mean, there is no way he could be a clone unless Sakurai purposely tried to make him one. He could use many things, such as the warp powder as an actual move, other arcane objects,eclipse, etc.. I would think that he would be extremely slow, moreso than Ike, but harder to kill (blessed armor anyone) and spectacularly stronger.
My Final Point
How could you not let this guy in?

How about just his song?
If that's not possible, maybe Gatrie could take his place?
Both the Black Knight and Ike were trained by the same person, they're going to have a very similar fighting style, he would be clonish; seriously they could just slap black armor on Ike because he's very similar to the Black Knight. If any character was slower than Ike, they would be unusable. Also if you played RD you would know that the Black Knight's armor is no longer "blessed"

You final point is just about superficial garbage (his looks), the only way I could see his theme playing is if it's him vs Ike in the SE. Oh and Gatrie would never get in(perhaps as a sticker).

-Knight

NukeA6

Smash Master
Black Knight slower than Ike? Please, that would make him useless. He's as good as deconfirmed.

But I agree,his song should be in at least.

BigTru

Smash Rookie
What's wrong with 2-3 slow swordsman in SSBB? We're going to have atleast 3 different speedy swordsman (Marth, Metaknight, Pit). You say you can't make him much slower than Ike and you say you can't make him much stronger than Ike, but you act like speed and power are the only things that determine a character. Make Black Knight have longer reach. Make him heavier. Give him better recovery/jumping. Give him about the same speed with lower strength.

Also, Black Knight doesn't necessarily have to be slow, as neither him or Ike were slow in Fire Emblem. I know you're thinking that it wouldn't seem right, BK moving faster than Ike, clad in armor in all. Keep in mind that MK is also wearing armor, that Link is slow as hell in his games AND he's carrying an undetermined amound of bombs, boomberrangs, arrows, and a bow and a hookshot. HE should have been the original slow character in SSB.

I don't think Sakurai cares too much about using a character's in-game statistics or real world physics to determine a character's capabilities unless they're really known for their blazing speed (Pikachu, C. Falcon, etc) or brute strength (Ganondorf, Bowser, Donkey Kong, etc).

I think Black Knight would be a perfect addition to Brawl.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
What's wrong with 2-3 slow swordsman in SSBB? We're going to have atleast 3 different speedy swordsman (Marth, Metaknight, Pit). You say you can't make him much slower than Ike and you say you can't make him much stronger than Ike, but you act like speed and power are the only things that determine a character. Make Black Knight have longer reach. Make him heavier. Give him better recovery/jumping. Give him about the same speed with lower strength.

Also, Black Knight doesn't necessarily have to be slow, as neither him or Ike were slow in Fire Emblem. I know you're thinking that it wouldn't seem right, BK moving faster than Ike, clad in armor in all. Keep in mind that MK is also wearing armor, that Link is slow as hell in his games AND he's carrying an undetermined amound of bombs, boomberrangs, arrows, and a bow and a hookshot. HE should have been the original slow character in SSB.

I don't think Sakurai cares too much about using a character's in-game statistics or real world physics to determine a character's capabilities unless they're really known for their blazing speed (Pikachu, C. Falcon, etc) or brute strength (Ganondorf, Bowser, Donkey Kong, etc).

I think Black Knight would be a perfect addition to Brawl.
You presented that side of the argument quite well however you also forget another big problem the black knight has to face; the fact that he is not a main character; I mean heck he's not even a central boss in either of the two games he appeared it.

He has to compete with Marth, Roy, Micaiah, Sigurd and a bunch of other's who are more important than he is in their respective FE storylines.

Adding the Black Knight instead of a lord (main character) would almost be like adding Toad(or any other relatively unimportant Mario character) instead of Luigi.

He never had a good shot to begin with and with Ike revealed to be slow that should of been the nail in the Black Knight's coffin.

-Knight

BigTru

Smash Rookie
You presented that side of the argument quite well however you also forget another big problem the black knight has to face; the fact that he is not a main character; I mean heck he's not even a central boss in either of the two games he appeared it.

He has to compete with Marth, Roy, Micaiah, Sigurd and a bunch of other's who are more important than he is in their respective FE storylines.

Adding the Black Knight instead of a lord (main character) would almost be like adding Toad(or any other relatively unimportant Mario character) instead of Luigi.
I disagree. I think Sakurai said he wanted to add more rival/antagonist characters to SSBB (Samurai Panda's translation thread, I think it was). Black Knight is the best candidate for a Fire Emblem rival imo. He's much more of a rival/antagonist than MetaKnight, that's for sure. Yeah, he isn't the primary villain/final boss, but I don't think there are really too many final bosses in Fire Emblem that are reasonable, and I really don't think they will add an antagonist from any Fire Emblem in the game unless there is the primary character from said game also in (example: Nergal was announced and Eliwood, Lyn, Hector, or anyone from there army isn't, that would be very strange, not that Nergal has a chance at all. How about them announcing Black Shadow with no Captain Falcon? Or SquareEnix making a Dissidia: Final Fantasy with Sephiroth but no Cloud?).

I'm pretty confident that, with the exception of retro characters (Ice Climbers) and characters from series that don't have a reasonable antagonist at all (Captain Olimar, Animal Crossing character), I think every character from every major Nintendo series will have a 'rival' character to match.

Yes, I am a strong supporter of Ridley (or even Dark Samus), King K. Rool, Black Shadow, and Wolf.

Top Bottom