• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Black Knight for Brawl (SPOILERS AHEAD)

OniLink171

Smash Apprentice
I think Black Knight should have a two handed sword.
I Think he should have the folowing B-Moves:
Up+B-Dark Storm: He Spinns with the sword like link,but helds the sword in both hands for more damage
B-Ilusion Salsh: Sends a cutting wind to the oponent.
Smash+B-Mace: Gets Out a Mace and hits Enemies with it.Like Kirby's Hammer,but does less damage and has longer Reach
Down+B-Berserker: Slashes enemies around him,like mario's tornado,but throws them left or right.
What ever happened to the Arcane powder he uses in PoR?

Here's my moveset for him-

B - "Luna" Basically Marth's Shield Breaker but with longer reach and much more power.

Side B "Critical Strike" Similar to ranger Ike's Critical and fox's dash-strike thing, but much more powerful.

Another possible Side B would be "Shockwave" The Black Knight swings his sword and sends a red slice-shaped shockwave at his opponent.

Down B "Counter" The infamous counter move. If you don't know what I'm talking about, you're a noob.

Up B "Arcane Powder" The Black Knight creates a red disk underneath himself, stabs the disk, and instantly teleports to the middle of the field. to offset this awesome move, the Black Knight takes 20% damage, and only usable under 150% damage and three times per life. This makes sense becase in PoR, the Black Knight mentions to Ashnard that he doesn't like using it because it "drains my strength".

IllidR

Smash Champion
Thanks! But I forgot a Final Smash for Black Knight!

Final Smash Idea 1: Ebon Cyclone
Black Knight begins to spin around faster and faster while holding out Alondite, creating a cyclone of dark energy around him. This pulls all enemies on the stage towards Black Knight with great force, depending on their distance. If they make contact with him, they're hit for tremendous damage. It last for 12 seconds and Black Knight can slowly move while using this.

Final Smash Idea 2: Destructive Wave
Black Knight plants Alondite into the ground and sends a tall wave of dark energy to both sides. This is very difficult to avoid, but easier to dodge if Black Knight was on lower ground prior to using this.

Final Smash Idea 3: Chains of Terror
Two magical ebon chains appear on the side of the stage and begin to home onto the nearest opponent for 15 seconds. If either makes contact, the other chain will join that one and wrap around the victim. Black Knight then does a powerful jump slash on the victim to send them flying.
Ahh, i completely missed that you didn't post them before, I was so wrapped up in the moves! Well anyway nice ideas, I like your first suggestion the best but it seems that if he didnt hit his opponents with the initial swing there isn't much hope of getting them. Maybe with the speed of a character with a hammer and the ability to jump?

Hong

The Strongest
It'd pull them in at a great force though. Like, you know how if you step onto the Big Blue track in melee, you get zipped off the screen and killed? Like, 1/4th of that power. :p

Fawriel

Smash Master
Excuse me for not reading much of this thread. It's a fun experiment!
Just answer these questions...

Is there anything about Black Knight that makes him worthy of being in Brawl, besides the fact that "OMFG BLACK KNIGHT", and that he has a deep background ( that may or may not consist of him secretly being Ike's father ), and that "OMFG BLACK KNIGHT"?

Sorry if I sound hostile, I just have trouble taking him seriously because of him being "OMFG BLACK KNIGHT". :p

Sir James

The Doctor

Is there anything about Black Knight that makes him worthy of being in Brawl, besides the fact that "OMFG BLACK KNIGHT", and that he has a deep background ( that may or may not consist of him secretly being Ike's father ), and that "OMFG BLACK KNIGHT"?

Sorry if I sound hostile, I just have trouble taking him seriously because of him being "OMFG BLACK KNIGHT". :p
After the "Pokemon Trainer" character update, I really think Black Knight is possible. And now that Lyn has been made an assist trophy I believe it is even more likely.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
After the "Pokemon Trainer" character update, I really think Black Knight is possible. And now that Lyn has been made an assist trophy I believe it is even more likely.
The Black Knight is indeed "possible" but what's to stop him from becoming a boss only? If anything the Lyndis update should of showed you that no matter how popular a character is they're not a shoe in as a playable character.

-Knight

RWB

Smash Ace
The Black Knight is indeed "possible" but what's to stop him from becoming a boss only? If anything the Lyndis update should of showed you that no matter how popular a character is they're not a shoe in as a playable character.

-Knight
But Lyn isn't really that popular.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
...Yes ODIN Lyn is a pokeball *Backs away slowly*

But im expecting 3 or (at most) 4 FE characters this time around...

Burger King BK for brawl!!

Hong

The Strongest

Actually, he killed Ike's father pretty easily. If having a decent background, unique personality and being Ike's rival wasn't enough, it's the fact he's the most popular Fire Emblem villian candidate. There are better villians, but none of them as popular.

Fawriel

Smash Master
I see... =o

I guess you made me curious.

Next question, then: Is Path of Radiance worth buying?
It would have to be the absolute BOMB because I have little to no money... >_> <_<

GenG

Smash Lord
Path of Radiance is totally worth it. Great character development, incredible dialogue and addictive.

Hong

The Strongest
I see... =o

I guess you made me curious.

Next question, then: Is Path of Radiance worth buying?
It would have to be the absolute BOMB because I have little to no money... >_> <_<
I'll put it this way. I've played Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance more than any game I have except SSBM and Custom Robo since I play those two for multiplayer. It's a lot of fun, but not for everyone.~

If reviews concern you, all of them have been good. The game can be enjoyed 3+ times, but each run on its own can take 20+ hours.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Well, curses, I guess I have no choice then, considering how mildly addicted I got to FE7.

You'd all better feel really guilty if I can't afford a Wii when Brawl comes out in Europe! *shakes fist*

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Knowing Europe releases, you'd most likely have plenty of time to afford 2 Wii's by the time brawl comes out >.>

But yeah, I definitely recommend PoR.

KidSmash

Smash Journeyman
Now that Lyns dead, nothin can stop teh Black knight! MUAHAHAHAHQAAH!!
...ummm, poor Lyn yeah...

Faw- play it. its cool

BK FLER BRAUL

KingBulbinX

Smash Apprentice
if black knight isn't in it i wont buy or even play this ****, cause if they put diddy kong,pkmn trainer,YOSHI!,and even kirby in it ,they better have ridley, black knight, megaman, zant, star wolf, krystal, and more popularly requested characters in it(no sonic!) also if they make pichu a playable character i'll be really pissed(they should'nt even let him pass as a pokeball summon!!!:mad:

Hong

The Strongest
From who to be precise? (Just need the full list).
Jeigan (Fire Emblem: Ankoku Ryuu to Hikari no Tsurugi - 1990)
Oguma (Fire Emblem: Ankoku Ryuu to Hikari no Tsurugi - 1990)
Nabarl (Fire Emblem: Ankoku Ryuu to Hikari no Tsurugi - 1990)
Sheeda (Fire Emblem: Ankoku Ryuu to Hikari no Tsurugi - 1990)
Maji (Fire Emblem: Ankoku Ryuu to Hikari no Tsurugi - 1990)
Saji (Fire Emblem: Ankoku Ryuu to Hikari no Tsurugi - 1990)
Sigurd (Fire Emblem: Seisen no Keifu - 1996)
Ike (Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance - 2005)
Soren (Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance - 2005)
Mia (Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance - 2005)
The Black Knight (Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance - 2005)

And of course, Macaiah from Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn and Marth from Fire Emblem: Ankoku Ryu to Hikari no Tsurugi. Since Black Knight has a lot going for him, his real competition can be narrowed down to Math and Macaiah having an equal chance.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
if black knight isn't in it i wont buy or even play this ****, cause if they put diddy kong,pkmn trainer,YOSHI!,and even kirby in it ,they better have ridley, black knight, megaman, zant, star wolf, krystal, and more popularly requested characters in it(no sonic!) also if they make pichu a playable character i'll be really pissed(they should'nt even pass pichu as a pokeball summon!!!:mad:
Please tell me you just didn't insult Kirby and Yoshi. I'm sorry but the Black Knight doesn't hold a candle to either of them.

Your post seems to be a jumble of thoughts that are having troubling getting though. I mean why no Sonic? Why do you want the Black Knight in the first place? ._. honestly I think your overracting (almost more then the lyn fans; myself included).

I'm dissapointed that Lyn didn't get in but I'm not going to overract and not play Brawl because of it. Mikaya is my next focus of support untill she either get's confirmed as a character or deconfirmed though other means.

-Knight

Legolastom

Smash Hero
The Black Knight (Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance - 2005)

And of course, Macaiah from Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn and Marth from Fire Emblem: Ankoku Ryu to Hikari no Tsurugi. Since Black Knight has a lot going for him, his real competition can be narrowed down to Math and Macaiah having an equal chance.
Why would you think she has such a chance? a character that isn't even a lord and hasn't even been the main character of the whole game...

And didn't her brother (Forgot his name) have a large part in her one as well?

But why not Ike,BK Marth and / or other representation of the older FE games?

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Why would you think she has such a chance? a character that isn't even a lord and hasn't even been the main character of the whole game...

Why not Ike, Micaiah Marth and / or other representation of the older FE games?

I don't know for an absolute fact but of what knowledge I do have Micaiah is a lord of FE10 and of equal standing in terms of importance with Ike in the game.

Don't count out Micaiah just yet..also Sothe is a Jeigian and can die after the first portion of the game so no he's not important.

-Knight

Hong

The Strongest
Hardly anyone is the "main character" for the whole game for every Fire Emblem. Many of the recent ones have you change perspective. But it doesn't matter. The game is centered primarily around Macaiah. She has predominantly the most imput. Considering the length of the game is what 46 chapters? That would mean she has just as much screen time as Ike. FE10 has been very well received, as has Macaiah. Her fan base will only grow when FE10 is released on November 5th outside of Japan.
How much have you looked into FE10, or the series for that matter? Sothe is a Jeigan. He's most crucial for the start of the game, until you don't need a crutch anymore. Then he just collects dust, having a bit of imput on the story here and there.
Maybe because not everyone has gotten a chance to play FE 1 or 3.

I'd also like to mention Macaiah, unlike Black Knight, would represent a side of Fire Emblem completely different from Ike. She's a caster, she's branded (half Laguz), she doesn't use brrute force, she has a more serene personality and would be quite welcome with the release of Radiant Dawn in the Americas.

Black Knight is also branded, but this has no impact on the story so it's insignifcant.

KidSmash

Smash Journeyman
I WANT THEM ALL DEAD
THERE FAMILIES, DEAD
THERE FRIENDS, DEAD
AND THERE LITTLE WEAPONS STABBED IN THERE HEARTS!!!!!1

hes got a long way ahead...full of, COMPETITION...

IllidR

Smash Champion
Well i haven't been able to get on all day and though I'm sorry for the Lyn fans i can't help but be happy about her being deconfirmed. A lot viewed Lyn as a major person they wanted in over Black Knight. Maybe with her out of the way some light may shine our way.

BLACK KNIGHT FOR BRAWL!

P.S. Can you take that picture down? It's stretching the page and is really annoying.

Hong

The Strongest
It's second nature for Ridley cultist to pollute nearly every topic they visit. :p

With Lyn gone, the possible Fire Emblem candidates wither down. I hope for more character deconfirmations in the future.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
The Lyn update broke my heart. If she's not playable, she shouldn't even be in. If assist trophies keep up like this it's going to be really gay for those chars who could've had a chance in.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The Lyn update broke my heart. If she's not playable, she shouldn't even be in. If assist trophies keep up like this it's going to be really gay for those chars who could've had a chance in.
Better than in Melee when they became 3-D collectable trophies that didn't even move or anything

Top Bottom