• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Black Knight for Brawl (SPOILERS AHEAD)

Shuma

Smash Hero
Ike and MArth V.S Black Knight and Ganondorf with Sword=Instant win.

Shuma

Smash Hero
@Pokebrawl:

Marth whont go, i doubt it. And Lyn might be more popular, but with Ike in, i can assure you that BK will be in Brawl, however he might not end as a PC.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Agreed, but still, that is like one of the more popular weapons that main characters have in Fire Emblem.
For the lords at least, plenty of characters use different weapons, but most of the lords use swords primarily, if not exclusively.

Reason being that swords tended to be the weapons of the elites back in the day, they were sturdy, dependable, and expensive. Plus, a great variety of different swords could be made to fit a variety of situations, so the basic model was applied to many different subtypes.

Heh, but there is good 'ole Hector, great character overall, and he uses.... AXES!

Or Eriphraim, a lance user, and somebody mentioned a magic using lord from an earlier FE.

Or go for, "not lords, but close enough", or villains like don't highlight if you haven't finished FE 4 and don't what it spoiled)
Prince Julius
, or the Black Knight, though personally I prefer
Julius
by a wide margin.

Ah well, the black Knight is far more likely then any charecters from FE 4, even if they do include one of the main lords, and I would be happy with him.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
I'd prefer Micaiah and Marth. BK could be ok, but only if in his winning pose he takes off his helmet to reavel himself to be
*SPOILERS*

Zelgius like in the new game :p Clearly this game is ok with spoilers (Zelda/Sheik)

*END SPOILERS*

Hong

The Strongest
Is he that popular? I mean like other choices such as Lyn and Marth?
What raises his chances is the fact he is Ike's perfect rival and a villian. Yes there are probably better villians who'd be more interesting in Brawl, but Black Knight is the most popular, especially in the global retrospect.
too many sworded ppl in ssbb
Too many fist users in Super Smash Brothers Brawl.

Basic swords have 7 different global styles. I won't even get into styles for specific weapons like Pit's dual short swords. All of these sword styles would be quite different in Brawl, and the fact that this is a fantasy setting means characters can present new styles not possible in reality. Just like their are many styles of martial arts, I think there is even more flexibility with different kinds of swords.
Oh, being able to use spears is also something.
I'd prefer Micaiah and Marth. BK could be ok, but only if in his winning pose he takes off his helmet to reavel himself to be
*SPOILERS*

Zelgius
like in the new game :p Clearly this game is ok with spoilers (Zelda/Sheik)

*END SPOILERS*
I already brought that up earlier in the thread. Please use
tags.

Pokebrawl

Smash Journeyman
What raises his chances is the fact he is Ike's perfect rival and a villian. Yes there are probably better villians who'd be more interesting in Brawl, but Black Knight is the most popular, especially in the global retrospect.
That makes sense. So if hes not playable, atleast At/Suspace boss?

Hong

The Strongest
What rules him out as a Subspace boss is he's technically just as powerful as Ike. I mean, you probably needed a heal or two from Mist to beat him, but Aether could just as easily activate early, taking out a fair chunk of his life. That and Ike battles him without any assistance in Goddess of Dawn.

The point is bosses should be stronger than the player. That's what makes them bosses and not just opponents. Black Knight would make for a good opponent in SSE, but not so much a boss.

As for assist trophy, he'd at least have two possitibilities. For one, he could follow the player around and protect them from projectiles while attacking nearby foes since that's kind of what Generals (Black Knight's class) is used for, though in the actual game they don't stop projectiles. The other would be is to quickly send a massive sword wave with Alondite along the stage sending opponents flying. Both of those could be accomplished with other assist trophy characters, however, so it'd be somewhat disappointing. It'd be like Mario unclogging a toilet when he could be saving a princess.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
I really wish I could see what you find to be so awesome in the Black Knight... He seems to be such a "personal" boss to Ike, and I honestly wouldn't want to see him in Brawl as a "playable" character.

It's almost like. If Lyndis is in why not have Florina Join her....

I mean sure he'd have a unique fighting style with is sword and his heavy armour. The idea of a playabe Black Knight doesn't really seem to add anything. I'd much rather see Mikaya make it because she'd have her light magic which would add some more varity to the magic based characters in SSB.( She wouldn't be getting in on just that alone considering she is a lord and important to the story).

I don't hate the Black Knight; don't get me wrong. Though if I had a choice between Mia in the Black Knight I'd pick him. ^_^ ( >_> how she ever shown up on the poll is beyond me hopefully Sakurai will make her into an AT).

-Knight

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
I can't really see Lyn with a MS, or even a chance in brawl. But if she's in they'd better not edit that dress ;D

IllidR

Smash Champion
As for assist trophy, he'd at least have two possitibilities. For one, he could follow the player around and protect them from projectiles while attacking nearby foes since that's kind of what Generals (Black Knight's class) is used for, though in the actual game they don't stop projectiles. The other would be is to quickly send a massive sword wave with Alondite along the stage sending opponents flying. Both of those could be accomplished with other assist trophy characters, however, so it'd be somewhat disappointing. It'd be like Mario unclogging a toilet when he could be saving a princess.
Oh lord, the thought of Black Knight ending up as an assist trophy is just scary beyond all belief. There'd be so much unused potential there, wasted for an NPC. I'd rather have him not in at all than as an assist trophy, for that is a fate worse than death. So here's to hoping.

And thanks for defending Black Knight when someone said "Too many sword users in Brawl." I was about to jump when i read it this morning.

BLACK KNIGHT FOR BRAWL!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I always thought Generals used Lances (Or Axes)

He's a general that uses a sword???

Hong

The Strongest
On that note, the GBA versions had the coolest looking Generals. With the exception of Black Knight, I feel rather disappointed with the Knights and Generals from Path of Radiance. While they redid them for Goddess of Dawn, they are still pale in comparison. :/

GenG

Smash Lord
In PoR they weren't bulky and impressive anymore. The first time you saw them in any of the GBA games, you though: "These guys are dangerous". And the attacks animations had the impact. Personally I consider Zephiel/Zephyr the pinnacle of the General job.

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
On that note, the GBA versions had the coolest looking Generals. With the exception of Black Knight, I feel rather disappointed with the Knights and Generals from Path of Radiance. While they redid them for Goddess of Dawn, they are still pale in comparison. :/
Yea, what the hell is up with the Generals in PoR? They should just made them look like the GBA ones.

Hong

The Strongest
It's not just the larger size, but the better overall armor designs and those chains that retracted their weapons after they attacked. Much more creative and interesting to watch.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Don't even get me started on the GBA FE sprites XD dman i love those sprites i should know i work with sprites!

Yhea the attacking animations in the GBA ones where miles better than the ones in PoR.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
I always wanted to main a slow villain character but the ones in melee never suited me (GD had moves which didn't suit him M2 was wimpy and rubbish TBH plus Bowser really wasn't my style) but BK (Abbreviations FOR TEH WIN!!) would perfectly suit me seeing as he is a sword user.
my favorite (And best) style.

Note to self: cut down on brackets (Yhea right).

IllidR

Smash Champion
I always wanted to main a slow villain character but the ones in melee never suited me (GD had moves which didn't suit him M2 was wimpy and rubbish TBH plus Bowser really wasn't my style) but BK (Abbreviations FOR TEH WIN!!) would perfectly suit me seeing as he is a sword user.
my favorite (And best) style.

Note to self: cut down on brackets (Yhea right).
He would be slow, but he wouldn't be terribly slow.. he moves rather fast for the amount of armor he packs. Plus his range could give him an edge that Bowser and Ganondorf never had.

New task for Black Knight fans! Create or find a Black Knight kirby hat that is good.. No stick figures. :p And post it here!

BLACK KNIGHT FOR BRAWL!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I almost feel naked on any of the Fire Emblem games rushing into battle without my generals...

Hong

The Strongest
I don't know, PoR wasn't too kind with them. So many open ended missions where the General can't really act like the blockade they're meant for. They excel indoors where it's confined and they can take up choke points. Most of confined battles in PoR occur while Gatrie is gone.

smashbot226

Smash Master
Uhh... I guess I will.

A: Kicks the person in front
Strong A>: Waves with the blunt side of his sword.
Strong A^: Does an upper swipe.
Crouching A: Spins around with his leg.
Smash A>: Does a Melee Link double swipe.
Smash A^: Performs a Marth/Roy stab into the air.
Smash AV: Slices at the front foe's legs, then turns and does the same.
Dash A: Drives the sword into the opponent.
B: Black Aura- Chargeable attack that arcs in a controllable direction.
B^: Knight Spin- Spins in the air with sword outstretched.
BV: Magic Shield- Surrouns self with a magic shield that absorbs projectiles.
B>: Shadow Dash- Runs forward and tackles anyone in his way.
FS: Invitation to Hell- Plunges the sword into the ground and goes berserk, going around the stage as an evil ball of darkness, slashing anyone in the flight path.

Hope this was good.

IllidR

Smash Champion
Uhh... I guess I will.

FS: Invitation to Hell- Plunges the sword into the ground and goes berserk, going around the stage as an evil ball of darkness, slashing anyone in the flight path.

Hope this was good.
Ehh, it was a good try but I don't really like it. I don't know but it just doesn't scream "Black Knight." Seems a bit weak.

Hong

The Strongest
Uhh... I guess I will.

Hope this was good.
Nice try, but that's not Black Knight at all. Where's the Warp Powder? Where's the traditional counter move? Why aren't there a few lance attacks for variety? Where's Alondite's sword wave? Shouldn't he have some flinch immunity somewhere?

Black Knight should have the most brutal form of sword play in Brawl. He could have something like a quick jab for his A button (kind of like Ganny has, to control fast opponents) but everything else needs to be as painful as possible.

IllidR

Smash Champion
Nice try, but you sound like you've never played Fire Emblem 9 or 10. Where's the Warp Powder? Where's the traditional counter move? Why aren't there a few lance attacks for variety? Where's Alondite's sword wave? Shouldn't he have some flinch immunity somewhere?

Black Knight should have the most brutal form of sword play in Brawl. He could have something like a quick jab for his A button (kind of like Ganny has, to control fast opponents) but everything else needs to be as painful as possible.
Lunadis, as you seem to know more about Black Knight than everyone, i nominate you to create a Black Knight moveset, if there isn't already a good one in this thread that i haven't seen. And i hope it wouldn't be too much of a bother.. but we'd love you long time? ;)

Top Bottom