• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Black Knight for Brawl (SPOILERS AHEAD)

ShadeHuntr

Smash Rookie
in the actual game the black night was very fast even in the armor
with ike already in brawl and him being almost like a marth with fast attacks and movement
i see the black knight more as a roy in ssbb exept with more melee capabilities (faster sword less lag) it would make for very good rivalry matches

ShadeHuntr

Smash Rookie
sry for the double post but a good moveset for him
B: a stab to the stomach impaling the person in front of them (like how he killed greil in POR)
B>: a lighning quick slice with a sword with some forward tragectory (can be used to link attcks)
B^: off the stage, throws his sword at the ledge i it hits the sword sticks and he jump to it also grabbing the ledge, on stage, jumps high into the air then plummets down sticking sword in ground w/ added shockwave
Bv: calls a man beast (from POR not sure the name theyactually use) and is sensitie to percent (30 and below call a crow, 90-30% calls a tiger beast, 90% and above calls a trio of hawks)
and is final smash should call in a dragon beast which he starts flying on and destroys his opponents. now theres a moveset XD

ShadeHuntr

Smash Rookie
sry now its a triple post
imeant to say a laguz beast person
and no black night has to be in it since ike already is
i want to see a villian for evry good guy in brawl
no chance for an unimportant Laguz
if not the lack night then that evil king from PoR
so he has to be in it

BLACK KNIGHT FER BRAWL

ShadeHuntr

Smash Rookie
come with some thing better lego
even though he hates them they also fight on his side alot

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Yhea seriously stop bloody double posting just edit your post jeez.

And they are his enemy it would be stupid to add them as part of his move set even if they allied once (Which i doubt they have).

Its like adding Luigi to Bowser's move set because they where allies in a game.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
sry now its a triple post
imeant to say a laguz beast person
and no black night has to be in it since ike already is
i want to see a villian for evry good guy in brawl
no chance for an unimportant Laguz
if not the lack night then that evil king from PoR
so he has to be in it

BLACK KNIGHT FER BRAWL
That's such a dumb reason for him to be included as a playabe character. Omg Ike's in so automaticly the Black Knight is in as well? As I said before the main reason why people what the Black Knight playable is so they can have an Ike vs Black Knight showdown; for that reason alone I ask you.. would it be that bad if the Black Knight was a boss only?

Don't forget about the other Fire Emblem's in the series. Honestly I wouldn't get your hopes up that every single franchise is going to have a villian(playable like King Dedede or not).

-Knight

ShadeHuntr

Smash Rookie
ok ill stop bloody double posting lego but still tell me something better im not tryin to piss u off im seriously just asking an opinion goshhhhhhhhhhhhhh

and kirby knight im only saying this they probalbly already have him in and just havent revealed it yet the black knight is popular among so many gamers.

black night and wolf o'donnel XP

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
ok ill stop bloody double posting lego but still tell me something better im not tryin to piss u off im seriously just asking an opinion goshhhhhhhhhhhhhh

and kirby knight im only saying this they probalbly already have him in and just havent revealed it yet the black knight is popular among so many gamers.

I'm not sure the Black Knight's inclusion is a clear-cut as you might think. I'll bring up what I mentioned on my other post. Fire Emblem spans 10 games and I think it would be dreadful if they only decided to use a majority of character from PoR as playable characters.

Mikaya has a very good shot of making it. Even though FE10 is a direct sequel to PoR Mikaya is a new character because she didn't have an apperance in FE9.

Popularity isn't the only deciding factor in wether or not a character will be playable or not.

-Knight

ShadeHuntr

Smash Rookie
it may not be the only reason but none the less it is a big factor
yeah i know that there have been alot of FE gmes but still i think they would kinda realate the two FE characters
kinda like marth and roy if you notice they dont just put two diff. characters from the same series but in differnt games. i still think there's a big chance that heis in it.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
it may not be the only reason but none the less it is a big factor
yeah i know that there have been alot of FE gmes but still i think they would kinda realate the two FE characters
kinda like marth and roy if you notice they dont just put two diff. characters from the same series but in differnt games. i still think there's a big chance that heis in it.
Eh? I'm sorry but I didn't really understand the connection you were trying to make with your Marth and Roy comment; if you could clear it up or perhaps elaborate on it more? I mean Ike and the Black Knight are from the same game. Marth hails from FE1&3 and Roy from FE6. I don't really understand what you said.

I think there is a chance that the Black Knight could become playble (albeit not a big one from my perspective).

-Knight

ShadeHuntr

Smash Rookie
ah m not even sure i know what im talking about so dont point out my stupidity
ur the one that has prolly played every one of the FE games
but yes he does have a big chance to become playable

Vali

Smash Ace
Eh? I'm sorry but I didn't really understand the connection you were trying to make with your Marth and Roy comment; if you could clear it up or perhaps elaborate on it more? I mean Ike and the Black Knight are from the same game. Marth hails from FE1&3 and Roy from FE6. I don't really understand what you said.

I think there is a chance that the Black Knight could become playble (albeit not a big one from my perspective).

-Knight
He said "They don't put different characters from the different games in a series into the roster, they put them in from the same game like Marth and Roy". I think his knowledge of FE right there is worthy of a *facepalm*, but that's also a rediculous assumption to make because it's very likely that we'll get characters not from just 1 game in a series but a variety (an argument which Marth and Roy coincidentally support).

IllidR

Smash Champion
As I said before the main reason why people what the Black Knight playable is so they can have an Ike vs Black Knight showdown; for that reason alone I ask you.. would it be that bad if the Black Knight was a boss only?

And as I've said before, just because one person sees it that way doesn't mean it's true. I could not give a flying **** if Ike were in the game. Way I see it is if Black Knight were the only Fire Emblem representative that appeared in Brawl, I'd be more than happy. And yes.. i would be really upset if they did include him as a boss, he's just not boss material.

BLACK KNIGHT FOR BRAWL!

Legolastom

Smash Hero

Yes you are right putting Laguz in as part of his move set is the right choice... isn't it obvious i mean they are the biggest part of BK! /Sarcasm

And FYI they have most probably every character that they want in already the updates arnt "Hey we just finished on this character check it out"

And hey people remember FE has grown A LOT since Melee so im hoping we get more than 2 (3 minimum 4 at the most) and well that always leaves room for some previous lords (But please no Soth or that other girl).

BK for brawl.

Hong

The Strongest
My Fire Emblem top five wishlist goes like;
1) Ike
Wish granted.
2) Macaiah
Based on my translated readings as well as gameplay videos, Macaiah would be awesome and would be something other than brute representing Fire Emblem.
3) Black Knight
The census would agree he is the best internationally known Fire Emblem villian, and obviously a good choice since I rather put in a villian relevant to one of the existing characters than just some random villian from an earlier game. That and I like his robotic personality.
4) Marth
I kind of like Marth's character since he actually tries to avoid killing people if he can, but then again this personality has been done too many times with Fire Emblem characters so Ike is good enough. He gets credit for being the first lord, but he should just be put to rest and they should focus on Ike.
5) Mia (Path of Radiance version)
I know I'm one of the few on this one, so I won't bother giving my reasoning. :p

IllidR

Smash Champion
My Fire Emblem top five wishlist goes like;
1) Ike
Wish granted.
2) Macaiah
Based on my translated readings as well as gameplay videos, Macaiah would be awesome and would be something other than brute representing Fire Emblem.
3) Black Knight
The census would agree he is the best internationally known Fire Emblem villian, and obviously a good choice since I rather put in a villian relevant to one of the existing characters than just some random villian from an earlier game. That and I like his robotic personality.
4) Marth
I kind of like Marth's character since he actually tries to avoid killing people if he can, but then again this personality has been done too many times with Fire Emblem characters so Ike is good enough. He gets credit for being the first lord, but he should just be put to rest and they should focus on Ike.
5) Mia (Path of Radiance version)
I know I'm one of the few on this one, so I won't bother giving my reasoning. :p
Mine goes something along those lines. Basically the same characters without Mia and adding in Hector, he'd be pretty fun to pay as from what i've seen of him.

1) Black Knight

2) Ike

3) Macaiah

4) Marth

5) Hector.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Mine goes something along those lines. Basically the same characters without Mia and adding in Hector, he'd be pretty fun to pay as from what i've seen of him.

1) Black Knight

2) Ike

3) Macaiah

4) Marth

5) Hector.
It nees Marth...He's the first hero...

Ike is in...

I'm all for Black Knight...still am not used to Generals using swords...They always were Lance types for me...

The others...eh...I dunno

IllidR

Smash Champion
It nees Marth...He's the first hero...

Ike is in...

I'm all for Black Knight...still am not used to Generals using swords...They always were Lance types for me...

The others...eh...I dunno
He's the first hero that's true.. but besides that he's not really that important or popular. Don't get me wrong, i like Marth, i mained him in Melee. But I wouldn't be upset if he wasn't included.

Hong

The Strongest
If you're wondering why I haven't made a moveset, it is because I don't think there's really a point of making movesets for unreleased characters. That and though I've animated some graphic stuff, I'm not really a violent person at all. Though if you really, really want me to make one, I can easily. ;P

IllidR

Smash Champion
If you're wondering why I haven't made a moveset, it is because I don't think there's really a point of making movesets for unreleased characters. That and though I've animated some graphic stuff, I'm not really a violent person at all. Though if you really, really want me to make one, I can easily. ;P
There really is no point, but it's fun to see what people can create for a character, and match the similarities and differences of the movesets made. Also, to see how accurate you were to the actual moveset of the character if/when the character is announced. But if it's a hindrance of you, you don't need to make one. I was just saying if it wasn't a bother.. either way it's fine. You're not letting anyone done.. no really. So just don't worry about me.. i'll just be over in this corner.. sulking, i'll get over it though. :p

BLACK KNIGHT FOR BRAWL!

KidSmash

Smash Journeyman
my BK moveset was never completed because i lacked out of ideas
if u would like to suggest somethin, ill gladly read it

BK4SSBB

IllidR

Smash Champion
my BK moveset was never completed because i lacked out of ideas
if u would like to suggest somethin, ill gladly read it

BK4SSBB
If someone does add a good Black Knight moveset you can add it to the main page. And also could you add Bane's photoshop of Black Knight and give him credit?

Quote to see the url.

ShadeHuntr

Smash Rookie

1) Black Knight

2) Ike

3) Macaiah

4) Marth

5) Hector.
mine is

1) ike

2) marth

3) boyd (just cuz he own so much in PoR)

4) Sheeda

5) Sanaki (FE radiant dawn, yes i have played it)

Hong

The Strongest
xD Okay. Since I'm in a mood for typing today, I'll do the moveset. I feel I need to set a brutal, dark yet valiant tone.

Unless it's stated, assume Dark Knight's attacks are slow but strong.
Black Knight holds Alondite, his sword, with his right hand.
I will never mentioned how much damage it does in percentage since we don't know how damage scales in Brawl. Just assume it's a lot. :p

Basics
A: Dark Initiative
Black Knight swings the sword over head down to the ground. This move has a fixed knockback.

AA: Cleave
Dark Knight brings the sword back and then rises it in a quick movement while the opponent is still stunned. This also has a fixed knockback.

AAA: Mutilate
After bringing up his sword, Black Knight's other hand joins the sword and he brings it down one last time with tremendous force. This attack hits the opponent downwards on a low trajectory. If the opponent is at a high percentage and near the ledge, it could possibly be fatal.

Forward Tilt: Smite
Black Knight shoves the hilt of his sword forward rather quickly, resembling his shoving animation in-game. While it's not powerful, it gives him some control over faster opponents.

Up Tilt: Valiant Strike
In a single rotation, the Black Knight lifts his sword back and then swings it forward in a simple advance

Down Tilt: Cripple
Black Knight swings the sword horizontally angled at a low height. It's his fastest sword attack. It hits foes at a low trajectory so it can be used to edge guard.

Dash Attack: Frontline Combat
Black Knight spins Alondite to his side then thrust it out. Getting hit by the rotation from the front will keep you in place for the thrust, getting hit by the rotation from the back will push you away too far to land an attack on Black Knight.

Smash Attacks
Forward Smash: Luna
Black Knight's ability in game! Black Knight makes two quick horizontal swings and then one last powerful diagonal downwards swing while advancing forward. To make this unique, if you shield this attack, 50% of it's damage will carry on through the shield but will not cause flinching. (Since Luna ignores defense in game.) This also pushes shielders away too far to counter attack. To balance this, if the foe is out of range or rolls behind Black Knight, he can be severely punished. This is easy to do since like almost all of Black Knight's attacks, it it slow.

Up Smash: Spire
Black Knight brings out a lance and strikes straight upwards. The player can hit A again to have Black Knight rotate the lance and push it out. The first stab pulls the foe in slowly to set up for the rotation part of the attack, which is a multihit. After Black Knight pushes it out, the foe goes flying. This could possibly be the most unwieldly yet powerful smash attack in the game. Since it's entirely vertical and has long range, it's best used on people who try to pass over Black Knight's head to make them regret it severely.

Down Smash: Nightmare
Black Knight flips Alondite to point down, and with all of his weight plants it into the ground. This immediately results in an explosion of dark flames on all sides. This would actually hit foes straight up.

Specials
B: Dark Crasher
A very brutal attack. Dark Knight puts the sword to his side and steps back. He begins to charge up dark energy. After releasing, he steps forward and swings the sword. If a foe is struck with this, they fall down to the ground stunned. The stun time depends on how long this was charged and on how high their percentage was. To give a scale, if the foe was above 100% when this was used, they'd be stunned for 2 seconds. If it's fully charged, 8 seconds. (So you're pretty much dead.) Using this on an already stunned foe will just send them flying on a low trajectory but at limited distance, to encourage Black Knight users to be more creative. It is also to be noted that Black Knight is immune to flinching during the actual swinging animation, but not the charging animation.

B Up: Warp Powder
We all saw this coming. :p Black Knight throws a dark, purple-ish hazy powder over head and starts to vanish. This comes out just a bit faster than Zelda's recovery but has half the distance. Of course Black Knight can choose which direction he goes. Two things make this different. If a foe was near Black Knight when he used this, they can hold a direction and warp as well! If Black Knight lands on the ground after using this from a high distance in mid air, his heavy armor will cause him to studder. If he reappears at a similar height from where he warped, there will be no delay at all. The reason for this is to give Black Knight a better way to approach to make up for his horrible movement speed. Though since there is still an initial animation involved, he'll have a hard time warping while being pelted with projectiles. Unlike other heavyweights, since this is a teleportation move, Black Knight does not get any flinch immunity while using this.

B Forward: Grinder
Alondite strikes the ground. This sends a really fast energy wave across the stage floor. This can be charged but not stored. The size of the energy wave depends on how long it was charged, the maximum height is roughly half the height of Black Knight. The startup animation isn't too bad, but has the longest delay for a projectile. Not a horribly long delay, but about twice as long as Samus after firing a charged shot.

B Down: Counter
Black Knight quickly brings his cape infront of him with his left arm for 2 or 3 seconds. If Black Knight is attacked during the first second, he blocks the attack and one of two things happen depending on the enemy's location
If Black Knight is attacked at close range, his left arm swings out to stun them and then he swings his sword horizontally. The stunning attack is equivelant to half of their original damage but the swing itself is a powerful attack on it's own.
If it's a projectile, Black Knight pulls out a javelin from his cape and throws it at where ever the attacker is. The javelin is easy to dodge, but keeps the foe occupied for an approach.

Aerial Game
Jump: Black Knight has the longest jumping delay and a horrible jump height.

Neutral Air: Clearance
Black Knight pulls out a lance and spins it at his side. This isn't that powerful, but it can help him recover or make distance.

Forward Air: Domination
Black Knight does a full horizontal spin with the sword out. It hits like Link's spin attack in SSB64.

Up Air: Puncture
Black Knight turns to the side and looks up, swinging his sword back and forth over head. This actually hits the foe to the side depending on when they got hit.

Down Air: Swipe
Black Knight turns side ways and looks downwards as he pulls his cape across himself, then swings his arm out. This spike comes out somewhat fast and has a wide area, but it's short ranged.

Back Air: Brutal Fist
Black Knight leans to the side as he rams his fist behind him. Short ranged but powerful.

Grab Game
Black Knight's grab speed is about average. He grabs the foe by their head.

Grab Attack: Skull Crusher
Black Knight cringes his hand. It doesn't actually collapse their skull, though. xD

Forward throw: Finisher
Black Knight holds them out and slashes them away with a horizontal slash.

Down Throw: Slam
Black Knight slams them face first infront of him.

Up Throw: Impale
Black Knight holds them up and shoves the sword right into their center, sending them up.

Back Throw: Grounder
Black Knight brings his sword up and bashes their head with the hilt. This send the foe behind him.

Miscellaneous
Taunt
One of the most memorable quotes. Black Knight raises his sword and glances before him questioning "Do you want to die?". For a better understanding, watch this. He could also say "Is that all?" or something like that.

Victory Pose 1
He puts Alondite into his scabbard and takes off his helmet to reveal his true identity,
Zelgius
. He could possibly then say "I live to serve the Goddess.", as she gave him everything he has.

Victory Pose 2
He spins Alondite around and then thrusts the tip into the ground, igniting dark flames around him as his hands rest upon the handle.

Victory Pose 3
He swings horizontally twice and then raises the sword towards the screen, possibly followed by the words "None shall pass"..

All of the quotes are optional. I'd actually prefer it if he didn't speak at all. Oh well.

Comments? Opinions? Suggestions?
I have a bunch of move ideas I haven't used. So if you think something should be replaced, let me know. I've done enough typing for now. ;P

IllidR

Smash Champion
Wow Lunadis, have I ever mentioned that I love you. I completely love your moveset, every aspect of it. It portrays Black Knight perfectly and is well thought-out and unique. Kidsmash can you add this moveset to the Black Knight main page and give major props to Lunadis?

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Wow great move set *claps* good work making his aerials help him recover.

I wonder if there are any BK sprites anywhere... maybe just recolor a general... But they don't use swords : (

Hong

The Strongest
Thanks! But I forgot a Final Smash for Black Knight!

Final Smash Idea 1: Ebon Cyclone
Black Knight begins to spin around faster and faster while holding out Alondite, creating a cyclone of dark energy around him. This pulls all enemies on the stage towards Black Knight with great force, depending on their distance. If they make contact with him, they're hit for tremendous damage. It last for 12 seconds and Black Knight can slowly move while using this.

Final Smash Idea 2: Destructive Wave
Black Knight plants Alondite into the ground and sends a tall wave of dark energy to both sides. This is very difficult to avoid, but easier to dodge if Black Knight was on lower ground prior to using this.

Final Smash Idea 3: Chains of Terror
Two magical ebon chains appear on the side of the stage and begin to home onto the nearest opponent for 15 seconds. If either makes contact, the other chain will join that one and wrap around the victim. Black Knight then does a powerful jump slash on the victim to send them flying.

Davy Jones

Smash Ace
I think Black Knight should have a two handed sword.
I Think he should have the folowing B-Moves:
Up+B-Dark Storm: He Spinns with the sword like link,but helds the sword in both hands for more damage
B-Ilusion Salsh: Sends a cutting wind to the oponent.
Smash+B-Mace: Gets Out a Mace and hits Enemies with it.Like Kirby's Hammer,but does less damage and has longer Reach
Down+B-Berserker: Slashes enemies around him,like mario's tornado,but throws them left or right.

Hong

The Strongest
None of those are Black Knight at all.
I think Black Knight should have a two handed sword.
But Alondite is his trademark weapon. Black Knight without Alondite is not Black Knight, and he wields Alondite with one hand.

I Think he should have the folowing B-Moves:
Up+B-Dark Storm: He Spinns with the sword like link,but helds the sword in both hands for more damage
And take out the chance for him to use his Warp Powder? Use something as simple that for an aerial. That's not exactly special enough to be a Special Move.
B-Ilusion Salsh: Sends a cutting wind to the oponent.
You forgot Alondite's already existing ranged attack? :/
Smash+B-Mace: Gets Out a Mace and hits Enemies with it.Like Kirby's Hammer,but does less damage and has longer Reach
Black Knight can only wield Swords (S Rank) and Lances (A Rank). Once again, another waste of a move slot.
Down+B-Berserker: Slashes enemies around him,like mario's tornado,but throws them left or right.
And what of the trademark Fire Emblem counter ability?

I see you're being creative, but it sounds like you've never played Fire Emblem 9 or 10 before. :/

TheMastermind

Smash Ace
That moveset was freaken awsome!
I bet if he was in brawl his moveset wont be this good and he wont live up to this thread

Top Bottom