• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Black Knight for Brawl (SPOILERS AHEAD)

Hong

The Strongest
^I didnt say they looked like each other, i just said BK reminds me of them.
I know. I'm just saying from the perspective that has seen heavy armor used a lot, that connection doesn't occur to me. :p

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Scientifically and objectively speaking, the Black Knight owns. Probably the greatest villian in a Nintendo game. Yeah, I said it. A Black Knight-less Brawl is a fututre too bleak to contimplate. He MUST be in Brawl. He WILL be in Brawl!

BLACK FREAKIN' KNIGHT FOR BRAWL!

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
Scientifically and objectively speaking, the Black Knight owns. Probably the greatest villian in a Nintendo game. Yeah, I said it. A Black Knight-less Brawl is a fututre too bleak to contimplate. He MUST be in Brawl. He WILL be in Brawl!

You want him? You got em!

GenG

Smash Lord
Probably the greatest villian in a Nintendo game.
You must be joking :ohwell: Little character development, little involvement in the plot... BK was thrown in the game as Ike's personal goal, nothing else. There are better evil guys in the FE franchise, though none of them are related to Ike. People like Ganondorf, Pokey... have shown actual personalities, roles and schemes far more intrincated that those of BK.

Hong

The Strongest
Meh. Black Knight's personality can't be explained. He's almost mechanic into how he does anything, without being overly cocky and cheesy. To me, he stands up to the ranks of Kefka and Pokey for villians who actually make themselves into villians and never hesitate to ruin the path of the do-gooders.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Ganondorf is the greates villain Nintendo has created in my personal Opinion.

GenG

Smash Lord
BK is just a distorted Metaknight, both characters are very temperamental and change minds in matter of seconds. One day he want to kill somebody, the next day he leaves one of their most precious swords (the only one that can actually hurt him) to a guy who wants to rip his head for killing his father. He may have wanted to taste defeat for once, being undefeteable and all of that.

But all of his actions were made for Ike to have someone to look forward to storywise. Each character had his/her own problems within the war drama and Ike had this personal rivality with BK. BK was dependant of Ike, but not the reverse. Ike just could have helped Elincia as his personal goal, and the story wouldn't change dramatically. However, BK without Ike would be just a guy in black armor that appears from time to time like many generals through the series.

I don't think that BK should be catalogued as "villain", since his personality and role are erratic. Just like Metaknight. Metaknight made a FE character. It's more of "neutral" whose goals that doesn't match any of the sides.

The BK idea was interesting but deceiving as it was so underdeveloped, so many questions without response... GoD better don't ruin the character or else.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
Well Brawl isn't supposed to be really rock-paper-scizzors. "Hah! My axe counters your spear!"
yea I know but I didnt mean it seriously...just like if Ivysaur was fighting Charizard...Ivysaur doesnt have a 100% chance of losing unlike the games(with a few exceptions...) does it?

Hong

The Strongest
I don't think that BK should be catalogued as "villain", since his personality and role are erratic. Just like Metaknight. Metaknight made a FE character. It's more of "neutral" whose goals that doesn't match any of the sides.

The BK idea was interesting but deceiving as it was so underdeveloped, so many questions without response... GoD better don't ruin the character or else.
Ike (after losing his father) and Black Knight were both kind of robotic which is a character quality I like. They have nothing but necessity and war on their minds. Though GoD might make you shudder when you find out all of his motives and reasons as well as his temporary change in attitude. I won't spoil anything. :p

What seperates Black Knight from Meta Knight is just that he only hesistated to kill someone once. (Ena.) Other than that, he likes nothing more than someone willing to fight. Meta Knight as a villian tried to change the land and make it more productive, but the only person he tried to kill is Kirby. I think that if in the games where King Dedede (who's also not so much a villian) ordered Meta Knight to just kill everyone who stands in the way, Meta Knight would disobey him. Other than that, he never looked for anyone to battle.

And yeah, Black Knight threw Ragnell away with the intent of someone using it to fight him, thus why he didn't fight Ike until he had it and was ready to put up a real challenge.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Awww... I whant to hear the Spoilers, i don't even own a Wii damm it.

GenG

Smash Lord
Ike (after losing his father) and Black Knight were both kind of robotic which is a character quality I like. They have nothing but necessity and war on their minds. Though GoD might make you shudder when you find out all of his motives and reasons as well as his temporary change in attitude. I won't spoil anything. :p
That's amazing. I approve BK if his role in GoD makes him deserving. Is a pity that GoD still doesn't have a definite date for the PAL release.

What you describe as robotic could be obsession. But after all, is true that BK's main role was to give Ike a distant and powerful enemy to beat someday.

IllidR

Smash Champion

Wiseguy said it all. And pretty funny whoever posted the movie poster for Black Knight.:p

BLACK KNIGHT FOR BRAWL!

Legolastom

Smash Hero
BK is nothing like Meta Knight... MK is a good guy basically who's goals just conflict with Kirby's but BK is 100% villain he is fighting with Dain he does WHATEVER Ashnard tells him to and he will kill someone if he has to (Or even if he doesn't).

The only reason he gave Ike the sword was as Lunadis said was for the intent for someone to fight him with it... and maybe if you look deeper into it it might even (But this is just IMO) be he felt he owns Gawin (I cant remember how to spell his name either) something in return... (For killing him an-... wont spoiler GoD).

Hong

The Strongest
BK is nothing like Meta Knight... MK is a good guy basically who's goals just conflict with Kirby's but BK is 100% villain he is fighting with Dain he does WHATEVER Ashnard tells him to and he will kill someone if he has to (Or even if he doesn't).
Want to know the truth? Below is major spoilers.

Ashnard and Black Knight are both agents of Sephiran. Sephiran gave Black Knight Alondite, his armor and his Warp Powder. Black Knight isn't exactly cruel, but carrying out the will of Goddess Ashera. That is why Black Knight listened to Sephiran at the port and left. Sephiran has been pulling the strings on nearly everyone in Path of Radiance.

A spoiler about Black Knight can be found below. It reveals his identity and some of his motives.

BY CLICKING THIS YOU ACKNOWLEDGE IT'S A MAJOR SPOILER

Legolastom

Smash Hero
..I did not know that... cool thanks!

God who knows if the next game is even gonna come out in Europe.

Burger Knight for brawl.

IllidR

Smash Champion

Ashnard and Black Knight are both agents of Sephiran. Sephiran gave Black Knight Alondite, his armor and his Warp Powder. Black Knight isn't exactly cruel, but carrying out the will of Goddess Ashera. That is why Black Knight listened to Sephiran at the port and left. Sephiran has been pulling the strings on nearly everyone in Path of Radiance.

A spoiler about Black Knight can be found below. It reveals his identity and some of his motives.

Oh wow major spoilers! I read em'. Pretty cool too.

BLACK KNIGHT FOR BRAWL!

KidSmash

Smash Journeyman

now THATZ wut i call a freakin spoiler
Thnx man :)

IllidR

Smash Champion
Just so you guys know, Bane in the photoshopping thread did a Black Knight photoshop for me. It's really good considering the lack of pictures of Black Knight out there.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Find screen shots of him in game from IGN or some place and then add him into Brawl pics and make it look like a profile.

IllidR

Smash Champion
i think he would own he might be a fast faller kinda on the slow side.:laugh:
He would definitely be a fast faller but he wouldn't have a very big jump. And also he would be on the slow side but not too slow because as many others have mentioned, they noted in the beginning of the game how fast he went for all that armor.

johnjoelw

Smash Cadet
2 thumbs up for black knight! I whould figure he whould basicly be very close to Ganondorf's atributes set with Ike's move set. With a few things diferent of course.

IllidR

Smash Champion
2 thumbs up for black knight! I whould figure he whould basicly be very close to Ganondorf's atributes set with Ike's move set. With a few things diferent of course.
Well he could be like that.. but I'm sure Sakurai can dig up something more creative and unique than that, it wouldn't be too hard.

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
I would so use Black Knight if he were in this game. Black Knight + Ike on a team FTW! I think he has an okay chance of getting in.

IllidR

Smash Champion
I would so use Black Knight if he were in this game. Black Knight + Ike on a team FTW! I think he has an okay chance of getting in.
On a team? Oh dear lord.. how would that turn out. I think you killed my father.. but let's be friends! *Hugs and Rainbows Commence*

And yes, i too would definitely main Black Knight if he were in the game, even if he ended up to be the Mewtwo of Brawl. And i think he's got a little better chances than okay.;)

BLACK KNIGHT FOR BRAWL!

Hong

The Strongest
Just a reminder, Black Knight helps Macaiah in Radiant Dawn. :p

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
listen fools you better not allow black night to get in this game i would be uber pissed because he would make the game explode in his awesomeness, y'know what i'm sayin?

Top Bottom