• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Black Knight for Brawl (SPOILERS AHEAD)

Hong

The Strongest
Well, assuming Ike is Mid-Heavy (A rank above Link?), Black Knight can still be radically different since he'd be Heavy regardless. That and to those being picky, hair colour doesn't matter for Black Knight and I really, really doubt they'd mention anything about his identity in game. I rather give Black Knight exclusively slower horizontal swipes since so far Ike uses mostly vertical swipes. Even though he's another character from Tellius, it's Ike's presence that gives him the nod over other villians. I guess that's a matter of opinion. I sure as heck wouldn't mind earlier Fire Emblem villians, but I'd kill to be able to fight Black Knight as Ike in real time.
The BK (burgerking =P) Is a cheater, look @ his stats in the first game he was in!

I would rather have this guy as a AT then playable, he couldn't jump in that armor.
He struggles in no way to move in all that armor. He sure as heck wouldn't jump as good as Luigi, but he can still jump

GenG

Smash Lord
Most villains in FE are very... impersonal, if there's a name for it: Big things, big guys, dragons, some wizards, hard to implement them all, and the enemy presence isn't very important in a FE. BK has surely his chances for being a bad guy in human proportions and skillful in close combat, and easy to implement. We had a Akanea and a Pharae representants in Melee so why to lower the representives? I'd rather have the bad guys out of Brawl and stick with the main characters. A dragon could be worked as a boss though.

And why the Black Knight sounds so hollow, sissy, emotionless and muffled in the english versions? The Japanese one matches perfectly with the guy that's inside.

KidSmash

Smash Journeyman
And why the Black Knight sounds so hollow, sissy, emotionless and muffled in the english versions? The Japanese one matches perfectly with the guy that's inside.
thats what ive been sayin all the time
thanx for reminding us :)

ONE MORE THIN:
i really hope BK is not just a boss, but a playable character too
too bad Peteys just a boss :(

Hong

The Strongest
I thought it was the exact opposite? And that Black Knight did mainly vertical swipes since the size of his sword and Ike did vertical?
This is true. It's the opposite in PoR, even in the art. But like I said, Ike so far has presented only horizontal swipes except Aether. I'm sure he'll have at least a few more vertical swipes, but so far I'm guessing they'd give him high power horizontal attacks since Meta Knight, Pit and Link so far use mostly vertical swipes. But the latter three are somewhat fast (not so much Link), so Black Knight could slow things down.

IllidR

Smash Champion
This is true. It's the opposite in PoR, even in the art. But like I said, Ike so far has presented only horizontal swipes except Aether. I'm sure he'll have at least a few more vertical swipes, but so far I'm guessing they'd give him high power horizontal attacks since Meta Knight, Pit and Link so far use mostly vertical swipes. But the latter three are somewhat fast (not so much Link), so Black Knight could slow things down.
I really want to see what a heavy swordsman can do in Brawl, so Black Knight must be in.

BLACK KNIGHT FOR BRAWL!

IllidR

Smash Champion
He Doasnt Have A Good Chance To Make It...
That's your opinion, i have mine. And seeing how you didn't even put up an argument why he doesn't have a good chance then your comment is reversed.. So that means Black Knight has really good chances of being in Brawl. U c what i did thar?

BLACK KNIGHT FOR BRAWL!

Dizzynecro

Smash Journeyman
I doubt Hector would become a PC instead of the BK, Hector is awesome yes, there is no denying that, but with Ike in the game, that means the Black Knight is more important than Hector, of course Sakurai is a crazy son of a *****.

Besides Bowser>BK who doesn't love the Koopa King? Heretics this is NINTENDO!.

that mario thing is hilarious, if i get bored il probably make an animated gif out of it.

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
It's all been said before... but I really think BK would make a better boss than a PC... if Ike needs a boss for a story mode then BK is perfect...

I would like to see other FE characters before him... but I am not totally against his inclusion...

If he does get it he'll make a really really awesome character ;)

IllidR

Smash Champion
It's all been said before... but I really think BK would make a better boss than a PC... if Ike needs a boss for a story mode then BK is perfect...

I would like to see other FE characters before him... but I am not totally against his inclusion...

He's not so much a boss as a villain. He did have more involvement with Ike than Ashnard did in Path of Radiance, but I'd rather him a playable character than a boss.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Yeah... the black knight definitibly is boss Material, since he's huge has wings and tentacles 'n ****...

That's Fail the Black Knight is PC Material.

Hong

The Strongest

It's the opposite case. Bosses are the only way the actual final villians could appear, such as huge dragons or kings mounted on wyverns/dragons. It's be a complete waste to make the Black Knight a boss when he's just as powerful as Ike. Bosses should be significantly stronger than player characters.

IllidR

Smash Champion
It's the opposite case. Bosses are the only way the actual final villians could appear, such as huge dragons or kings mounted on wyverns/dragons. It's be a complete waste to make the Black Knight a boss when he's just as powerful as Ike. Bosses should be significantly stronger than player characters.
Woohoo, Lunadis supporting the cause. I'm still sticking with Ashnard could be a possible boss character to represent Fire Emblem, but that's only because i don't know many of them.

BLACK KNIGHT FOR BRAWL!

Legolastom

Smash Hero
BK is much more important to Ike and FE than Ashnard ever was i mean in the games all he is is a mad King while the BK has a lot more story and has been involved with Ike's past (Not that directly though).

BK even killed Ike's father in the game an challenged Ike to a 1 on 1 duel.

Plus he actually returned in the next game... mistake me if im wrong but isn't he the first boss ever to appear over multiple games?

(Haven't played PoR in a long time but how did Ike get Ragnall again?)

Hong

The Strongest
BK is much more important to Ike and FE than Ashnard ever was i mean in the games all he is is a mad King while the BK has a lot more story and has been involved with Ike's past (Not that directly though).(Haven't played PoR in a long time but how did Ike get Ragnall again?)
Hey. Your post has some major spoilers in there. While I played through it multiple times since its release, some people are still playing PoR. :/

I don't think anyone in this thread was suggesting putting in Ashnard instead of Black Knight. The closest thing was suggesting Ashnard as the boss for SSE, since he rides a wyvern (which is not really a wyvern). Which makes sense since bosses tend to have abilities, power and properties normal characters don't. Obviously you'd still have a battle against Black Knight and the other villians, but not as a "boss" per se.

Also, Ashnard was a genius. Even though he was defeated, he somewhat succeeded in his plan and this is carried over in the next Fire Emblem. He did a lot more than Black Knight did. Just that Black Knight had far more involvement with the cast. Ashnard is the passive aggressor through out the whole game, having occasional scenes until the end where he gets many. He gave Black Knight all the orders, he personally killed someone's mother and father (won't spoil), he ordered all of the attacks and he since the very beginning wanted nothing more but to engulf the continent in war, even at the sacrifice of Daein.

Ragnell came from here;
SPOILER
Though Ike thought it was a pitiful token. After Ike learns that only a weapon blessed by the Goddess can bypass armor blessed by the Goddess, he went back and found it and only used it when it was time to fight Black Knight and beyond.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Yhea i was just a bit confused because i remember someone getting a sword in FE from a cave somewhere... might have been either the sword of seals or falconhide (Or however you spell it).

Anyways the importance of a villain IMO is based on how much he effects the Hero... like if a tyrant ruled a kingdom and killed everyone in it and something if all the Hero did was pass through the kingdom randomly stab him and move on the villain would not be that important.

But Ashnard is nothing like that obviously but you get my point... its that BK is far more important and such.

Like if you disregard all the other Zelda games and only focus on TP who would be the more important villain Zant of Ganondorf?

(Spoilers? the game has been out for... an certain amount of years spoilers surely don't count unless someone around here states that they are still playing the game)

Anyways BK is one of my favorite villain types (Apart from the good old anti hero of course) and would add a very different twist to sword users.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Well you can **** Zant all you like Shuma didn't know you went that way but its your choice...

Anyways Burger King Black Knight for brawl!

Hong

The Strongest
Yhea i was just a bit confused because i remember someone getting a sword in FE from a cave somewhere... might have been either the sword of seals or falconhide (Or however you spell it).
Have you really played that many Fire Emblem games? :/
Anyways the importance of a villain IMO is based on how much he effects the Hero... like if a tyrant ruled a kingdom and killed everyone in it and something if all the Hero did was pass through the kingdom randomly stab him and move on the villain would not be that important.
Which was elaborated on my post. My post was simply to say Ashnard causes far more harm then the Black Knight, but the Black Knight gets the nod over Ashnard for being more involved with the protagonist, even more than the other riders of Daein.
But Ashnard is nothing like that obviously but you get my point... its that BK is far more important and such.
The game could have gone without Black Knight, but not Ashnard. Thus he's not as important.
(Spoilers? the game has been out for... an certain amount of years spoilers surely don't count unless someone around here states that they are still playing the game)
A lot of people are just picking PoR for two reasons.
1) They announced Ike and they're curious about him.
2) They want to catch up on the series before its sequel.

Even though nearly two years is some time, it's widely known people are just catching up on it so it becomes courtesy and not policy.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Have you really played that many Fire Emblem games?
:/

... No : (

Which was elaborated on my post. My post was simply to say Ashnard causes far more harm then the Black Knight, but the Black Knight gets the nod over Ashnard for being more involved with the protagonist, even more than the other riders of Daein.The game could have gone without Black Knight, but not Ashnard. Thus he's not as important.

The game could have not gone without Black Knight? have you really played PoR

A lot of people are just picking PoR for two reasons.
1) They announced Ike and they're curious about him.
2) They want to catch up on the series before its sequel.

Ah forgot about that we are on a smash forum after all.

^^^ In the quote

Hong

The Strongest
Legolastom said:
The game could have not gone without Black Knight? have you really played PoR
Since Ashnard is more powerful, knows about the amulet and has infinitely greater equipment, he could have just as easily killed you know who and unlike Black Knight, he'd have actually killed Ike since he's not afraid of the Beast King. (I can never remember his name.) The reason why Black Knight was used instead is because he has Warp Powder, though I'd imagine Ashnard's mount would only take a matter of hours to go from Daein all the way to Gallia considering how godmode it is. The point of my post is just to say the king is infinitely more powerful than the Riders of Daein and puppet them even to their doom. Though the obvious brightside to having generals is so that your authority can be in more than one place at a time, so they have a reason to exist.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Since Ashnard is more powerful, knows about the amulet and has infinitely greater equipment, he could have just as easily killed you know who and unlike Black Knight, he'd have actually killed Ike since he's not afraid of the Beast King. (I can never remember his name.) The reason why Black Knight was used instead is because he has Warp Powder, though I'd imagine Ashnard's mount would only take a matter of hours to go from Daein all the way to Gallia considering how godmode it is. The point of my post is just to say the king is infinitely more powerful than the Riders of Daein and puppet them even to their doom. Though the obvious brightside to having generals is so that your authority can be in more than one place at a time, so they have a reason to exist.
Why would he fly all the way over there to kill Voldermort you know who when he has no reason to... on the other hand BK doing it was in a more personal duel than anything and remember how he got his Armour?

Just because he is more powerful doesn't mean he is more important.

Hong

The Strongest
Why would he fly all the way over there to kill Voldermort you know who when he has no reason to... on the other hand BK doing it was in a more personal duel than anything and remember how he got his Armour?
At that point, it doesn't matter. The fact is he has it so he has it and that's that. That and well, I won't reveal anything else. Play GoD when it comes out. :p
Just because he is more powerful doesn't mean he is more important.
Again, the post isn't saying Ashnard is more significant since Black Knight had more direct involvement with the characters. He's just the ultimate villian, albeit passive second seat until the end of the game. The point is he had the second most influence on Tellius, only behind the efforts of Ike and Elincia. It isn't putting Black Knight down or discrediting him. It's just saying Ashnard is a worthy boss for Super Smash Brothers Brawl.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Well of course Ashnard is a worthy boss but as importance to the game he isn't as important as BK (BK gave him his Armour actually).

IllidR

Smash Champion
It isn't putting Black Knight down or discrediting him. It's just saying Ashnard is a worthy boss for Super Smash Brothers Brawl.
Well of course he's a worthy boss, and a lot of the people in this thread are hoping that Ashnard would be a boss. Because that would mean that A) Sakurai is using characters from the newer Fire Emblem series and B) Black Knight isn't a boss so there's a chance he can be playable!

BLACK KNIGHT FOR BRAWL!

Venoxxis.

Smash Cadet
well .. guys - nintendo do need to have a "bad guy" of fire eblem..

So they'll choose him or/and king ashnard

RDK

Smash Hero
Why add yet another FE character to Brawl? Nix Roy and bring back Marth.

What about Ephraim / Lynn / Hector? I'd rather see one of them in than Black Knight. But we should really only have 2 FE reps.

prettymanfairy

Smash Lord

What about Ephraim / Lynn / Hector? I'd rather see one of them in than Black Knight. But we should really only have 2 FE reps.
Personally I like Michaiah because she's a mage. I'd be a tad disapointed if we had three Fire Emblem characters that all had swords. Black Knight would be the exception though, because he's really unique and a villain. I'd like to see more of those.

Hong

The Strongest
While this is not the best thread to say this, I'd definately prefer Macaiah over any other second rep. In the game, she can attack physically with staves, which have pretty cool critical animations. They could combine this with the multitude of Light magic available to make for a very interesting moveset.

I also wouldn't assume Marth is coming back as a playable character. Being the first Lord isn't that important to every Fire Emblem veteran. His stats were moot and his character wasn't the best. (The latter probably due to the fact it's an old game so you get cheesy characters.) I wouldn't be surprised if qualities from Marth were dispersed over Ike and Takamaru. (If he shows up.)

IllidR

Smash Champion

I'm against only 2 Fire Emblem reps, I'd rather have 3-4 as long as they all bring something different to the game. Marth, ehhh, I mained him in Melee but if he didn't return it wouldn't be a very big deal seeing as he isn't the most important character in the Fire Emblem series and Ike could take some Marth-esque moves. I don't really like Ephraim very much but Lynn and Hector are some good choices for character slots. My ideal characters that would be included from Fire Emblem would be Black Knight, Ike, Hector, and Marth.

BLACK KNIGHT FOR BRAWL!

GenG

Smash Lord
FE isn't the most popular of the series so I think the quota will be 2 characters max, 3 if the third is a clone.

The problem with Hector is that he isn't totally the main character of his game. Eliwood is. And Eliwood is the lamest thing on earth. I can't picture neither of the three lords of that game separately. The same for Sacred Stones. I think both sets should be AT attacks, more faitfull to their roles.

Potential FE characters: Marth (Akaneia), Sigurd (Jugdral), Roy (Elibe) and Black Knight (Ike's nemesis). Sigurd's time has passed. Roy may drop, but it isn't 100% sure. I'm opposed to all non-lord presence as playable chacters (lord not necessarily main character, but most important figure in his timeline), not until many games are represented.

So, possible scenarios from this:

· Ike alone (worst case scenario)
· Ike and Marth (fast counter character)
· Ike, Marth and Black Knight as a clone (best scenario)
· Ike, Marth and Roy as a luigified clone (less likely scenario)
· Ike and Black Knight

But again, that's just me.

Top Bottom