• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Black Knight for Brawl (SPOILERS AHEAD)

IllidR

Smash Champion
I say Black Knight's chances are higher than Hectors or Ephraims. Hector is about as popular but even though Black Knight is another sword wielder, there's a lot more you can do with him especially with his Warp Powder and mystic character. Oh, and he also uses a spear for his secondary.

I think his Final Smash should open up a dark vortex around him that pulls stuff in while making him invulnerable to attacks while still being able to act. Of course it has to be powerful enough to be deadly, yet not last too long as to be redundant and unfair. Just a thought.

For you Black Knight fans, you should check out "Fire Emblem: Goddess of Dawn" come November 5th. His criticals look amazing.
That's a good idea for his final smash but maybe it shoots them out afterwards.. adding like 100% damage.. not always an auto-kill but when you reach 45%+ it will be. I also hope he wields his sword from FE9 in it too.. spear is kind of lame. Also, will Black Knight be in Goddess of Dawn?

BLACK KNIGHT FOR BRAWL!

Hong

The Strongest
I wouldn't say that line if he wasn't. And I said Spear as a secondary for a reason. It'd just be for certain attacks or even just a single special move. Just for variety. Even though Adonite, his sword, can fire swords beams, he could throws javelins at an upward ark that would come back down. Perhaps with control like Yoshi's egg.

In Goddess of Dawn, his critical combos are really cool so it's definately worth checking out. xD He's playable.

On another subject unrelated to your post.
What bothers me about some people on this forum, is for some reason they consider him a "nameless" Knight without any character. I can definately say, 100%, that they didn't play Fire Emblem 9. Up until I played Fire Emblem 9, Kefka was always my favourite villian. But then I was introduced to Black Knight. He's the only villian that gives a reason to be scared of him, in that he's obviously far superior to you. What's worse is they decide to make him have an appearance during early chapters. Stepping anywhere in his attack range is instant death. I won't even get into that menacing theme song of his. xD

If he didn't have enough character development in Fire Emblem 9 for you, just wait until you play Fire Emblem 10. His identity, and ties to Greil (beyond being a Rider of Daein) is revealed!

Hong

The Strongest
I wouldn't say that line if he wasn't. And I said Spear as a secondary for a reason. It'd just be for certain attacks or even just a single special move. Just for variety. Even though Alondite, his sword, can fire swords beams, he could throws javelins at an upward ark that would come back down. Perhaps with control like Yoshi's egg. That would leave his sword beam as a faster yet ground based projectile. I'd want Black Knight to be tediously slow, yet give him a moving wall-like approach and projectiles to stop runners.

In Goddess of Dawn, his critical combos are really cool so it's definately worth checking out. xD He's playable.

What bothers me about some people on this forum, is for some reason they consider him a "nameless" Knight without any character. I can definately say, 100%, that they didn't play Fire Emblem 9. Up until I played Fire Emblem 9, Kefka was always my favourite villian. But then I was introduced to Black Knight. He's the only villian that gives a reason to be scared of him, in that he's obviously far superior to you. What's worse is they decide to make him have an appearance during early chapters. Stepping anywhere in his attack range is instant death. I won't even get into that menacing theme song of his. xD

If he didn't have enough character development in Fire Emblem 9 for you, just wait until you play Fire Emblem 10. His identity, and ties to Greil (beyond being a Rider of Daein) is revealed!

dynamic_entry

Smash Ace
I wouldn't say that line if he wasn't. And I said Spear as a secondary for a reason. It'd just be for certain attacks or even just a single special move. Just for variety. Even though Adonite, his sword, can fire swords beams, he could throws javelins at an upward ark that would come back down. Perhaps with control like Yoshi's egg.

his spear should be his main weapon. a big part of the fire emblem franchise is rock-paper-scissors gameplay. ike already has a sword, marth might return, and plenty of other characters wield swords. give him a spear so that he can be like ganondorf in melee (slow, but with range and POWAAARRR!!!). also, that blackhole thing would be cool. sucks people closer to him, where he excels (at CQC, snake eat your heart out) and takes no damage. he wouldnt need the extra 100% damage boost. overpowered. also, the ability could be directly attributed to his armour, which is magic isnt it?

Legolastom

Smash Hero
BK One of my favorite villains of all time!

He takes off the mask in FE:GOD...

(He also reminds me of black knight from Monty python and the holy grail XD)

GoldenS1104

Smash Journeyman
BK One of my favorite villains of all time!

He takes off the mask in FE:GOD...

(He also reminds me of black knight from Monty python and the holy grail XD)
His final smash could be losing all his limbs.:laugh: How lame would that be? They could just roll him right off the edge...

Hong

The Strongest
his spear should be his main weapon. a big part of the fire emblem franchise is rock-paper-scissors gameplay. ike already has a sword, marth might return, and plenty of other characters wield swords. give him a spear so that he can be like ganondorf in melee (slow, but with range and POWAAARRR!!!). also, that blackhole thing would be cool. sucks people closer to him, where he excels (at CQC, snake eat your heart out) and takes no damage. he wouldnt need the extra 100% damage boost. overpowered. also, the ability could be directly attributed to his armour, which is magic isnt it?
It wouldn't make sense to give Marth his Falcion, Roy his Sword of Seals, Ike his Ragnell but then give Black Knight some random spear. Alondite is a magic sword like all of the others. But due to its size, it delivers slow vertical slices as opposed to Ike's fast horizontal slices.

IllidR

Smash Champion
I wouldn't like the Spear as his main weapon is what I'm saying, his magic sword is his main weapon so that's what he should stick with. And i was just suggesting the extra 100% damage boost because I was thinking the attack would surround a certain area around him, so it gets those who are near him when he activates it and any who are knocked into it. Meaning if you're trying to avoid it you can, so it should deal some harsh damage... it needs at lease some extra damage if you're on the bottom of Hyrule and it doesn't kill.

BLACK KNIGHT FOR BRAWL!

Hong

The Strongest
His final smash could be him doing something in his tru identity.
I won't spoil anything, but his true identity is rather weak. Other than his amazing strength and skill, a lot of the Black Knight's power comes from his armor, which is blessed by the Goddess. Revealing his identity in combat would be a bad idea. :p

RWB

Smash Ace
I won't spoil anything, but his true identity is rather weak. Other than his amazing strength and skill, a lot of the Black Knight's power comes from his armor, which is blessed by the Goddess. Revealing his identity in combat would be a bad idea. :p
The armor is invulnerable to most things, making him rather invincible. But his true identity is by no means weak. Storywise he is as fast(or faster) and strong(or stronger) as the king of beasts, from what I've heard.

IllidR

Smash Champion
The armor is invulnerable to most things, making him rather invincible. But his true identity is by no means weak. Storywise he is as fast(or faster) and strong(or stronger) as the king of beasts, from what I've heard.
Awww man! Just making me want to play as him more by the second!!

New topic to discuss in here.. What would be his role in the Subspace Emissary Adventure Mode? Would he be a main villain that Ike must face? Will he be a bad guy gone good in order to defeat the greater evil. It's for you to discuss!

BLACK KNIGHT FOR BRAWL!!

GoldenS1104

Smash Journeyman
Black Knight's definitely gunna be Ike's villain in the Adventure Mode. IMO, every series needs at least one hero and at least one villain. Black Knight should be the Fire Emblem villain.

Hong

The Strongest
Ranulf said he moves very fast considering he's in all that armor, which is true. But I don't think he's like, incredibly fast or anything. He has never been shown to have fast attacks in gameplay or the cinematics. If I remember correctly, he has been seen running in FE10 and it wasn't that fast. :p
His identity isn't weak I guess, just not as significant as the Black Knight.
I will remain with the assumption of him having slow attacks with a few weak faster attacks to give him more control.

Black Knight's definitely gunna be Ike's villain in the Adventure Mode. IMO, every series needs at least one hero and at least one villain. Black Knight should be the Fire Emblem villain.
While Ashnard was the evil of FE 9, The Black Knight definately had more direct involvement. I know Fire Emblem veterans may or may not want to shoot me down for this, but he's easily my favourite villian in the series.

IllidR

Smash Champion
Ranulf said he moves very fast considering he's in all that armor, which is true. But I don't think he's like, incredibly fast or anything. He has never been shown to have fast attacks in gameplay or the cinematics. If I remember correctly, he has been seen running in FE10 and it wasn't that fast. :p
His identity isn't weak I guess, just not as significant as the Black Knight.
I will remain with the assumption of him having slow attacks with a few weak faster attacks to give him more control.

While Ashnard was the evil of FE 9, The Black Knight definately had more direct involvement. I know Fire Emblem veterans may or may not want to shoot me down for this, but he's easily my favourite villian in the series.
I imagine Black Knight being moderate speed with a small jump. Slow but powerful as you said. And yes, he is easily the favorite villain in the Fire Emblem series for many people, this combined with appearing in multiple games gives him a great chance of appearing in Brawl. And all these people i hear saying he would be an Ike clone that's just crap. I don't see how the two would recieve the same moves.

Also, for the Subspace Emissary, he should definitely be boss, but also a playable character, if not the main Fire Emblem boss then Ashnard can be a non-playable boss.

Edit: You need to post here more Kidsmash, you are the owner of this thread and must help it thrive! :D

BLACK KNIGHT FOR BRAWL!

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Black Knight is actually a B-... im not going to say it.

Anyways BK has got to have at least one counter type move.

IllidR

Smash Champion
Black Knight is actually a B-... im not going to say it.

Anyways BK has got to have at least one counter type move.
Could be possible, but then again that gets people started that Black Knight will be an Ike clone (If he has that move.) I would like to see Black Knight with this move if possible, being a Marth player, as an easy transition from Marth to Black Knight. :p

BLACK KNIGHT FOR BRAWL!

GenG

Smash Lord
Black Knight won't fit as a FE villain. His involvement in PoR was weak, sort of Ike's nemesis instead the whole villain, and what I head from GoD he isn't evil either, more like neutral. He lacks the strong presence that Metaknight or Masked Man (MOTHER 3) have, and loses a lot of appeal when you know who is in reality.

He can be worked very easily as a very (very) heavy, but still I don't think he doesn't deserve to be in. We need more FE characters decisive to the evolution of the franchise since it has 10 titles. You could put the BK out of the plot, of replace him with another character, and nothing would change.

And... booo for being a Camus ripoff -_-

pyschomc

Smash Cadet
The BK (burgerking =P) Is a cheater, look @ his stats in the first game he was in!

I would rather have this guy as a AT then playable, he couldn't jump in that armor.

IllidR

Smash Champion
Black Knight won't fit as a FE villain. His involvement in PoR was weak, sort of Ike's nemesis instead the whole villain, and what I head from GoD he isn't evil either, more like neutral. He lacks the strong presence that Metaknight or Masked Man (MOTHER 3) have, and loses a lot of appeal when you know who is in reality.

He can be worked very easily as a very (very) heavy, but still I don't think he doesn't deserve to be in. We need more FE characters decisive to the evolution of the franchise since it has 10 titles. You could put the BK out of the plot, of replace him with another character, and nothing would change.

And... booo for being a Camus ripoff -_-
He wasn't the main villain, that is correct, but players had more interaction with Black Knight than they ever did with the main enemy, Ashnard. And him not being a main villain may also be helpful to his inclusion, so the Boss in the Fire Emblem part of the Subspace Emessary can be non-playable Ashnard, and he can be included as a playable character that counterparts Ike. As far as his real identity goes, you wouldn't need to display it in a Brawl if it that big an interest-loser.

What characters would fit better to provide more diversity? You can't deny that Black Knight hasn't had some impact on the game or else he wouldn't appear in multiple titles, which few villains of Fire Emblems have. A very (very) heavy sword fighter could add something new to the Brawl roster that hasn't been there before. Sure there are other characters you could add such as Lyn, a light-weight female sword fighter, but is there not room for both?

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
He wasn't the main villain, that is correct, but players had more interaction with Black Knight than they ever did with the main enemy, Ashnard. And him not being a main villain may also be helpful to his inclusion, so the Boss in the Fire Emblem part of the Subspace Emessary can be non-playable Ashnard, and he can be included as a playable character that counterparts Ike. As far as his real identity goes, you wouldn't need to display it in a Brawl if it that big an interest-loser.

What characters would fit better to provide more diversity? You can't deny that Black Knight hasn't had some impact on the game or else he wouldn't appear in multiple titles, which few villains of Fire Emblems have. A very (very) heavy sword fighter could add something new to the Brawl roster that hasn't been there before. Sure there are other characters you could add such as Lyn, a light-weight female sword fighter, but is there not room for both?
Fire Emblem is a very interesting series because most of the games storys don't carry over. I mean what reason is there to add the Black Knight into brawl? Just because he's a villain? I mean of course with the updates about the Subspace Emissary (Petey) many people are thinking that there will be a boss type character for every single franchise; that I don't think will happen.

I don't think FE will have a villian so to speak because of how important the lords are; I mean I would want to have diversity in the game not just have FE reps from one game, Which is why I think characters like Marth, Sigurd, Lyndis and Hector have an edge over the Black Knight.

IllidR

Smash Champion
Fire Emblem is a very interesting series because most of the games storys don't carry over. I mean what reason is there to add the Black Knight into brawl? Just because he's a villain? I mean of course with the updates about the Subspace Emissary (Petey) many people are thinking that there will be a boss type character for every single franchise; that I don't think will happen.

I don't think FE will have a villian so to speak because of how important the lords are; I mean I would want to have diversity in the game not just have FE reps from one game, Which is why I think characters like Marth, Sigurd, Lyndis and Hector have an edge over the Black Knight.
MOST of the game's stories don't carry over, but some of the characters do. And Black Knight is one of the few that does appear in multiple games. And not just because he's a villain but because he could bring us the unique fighting set of a very (very) heavy sword fighter, he is a popular character, and because he's a nemesis of Ike (Not a main villain so a main villain can be a boss character.)

It would be good to include him on Sakurai's part because he is from the newer Fire Emblem games, not saying they all have to be, and this could help boost sales with his inclusion. A kid saying "wow, this guy Black Knight is pretty cool in Brawl.. makes me want to get the Fire Emblem games so i can play as him" is very likely. People like Roy were only included to set promote the newer Fire Emblem games, and that worked. So I think Black Knight would be a great addition to Brawl's roster.

BLACK KNIGHT FOR BRAWL!

GenG

Smash Lord
I think main characters should and must have an edge before enemies and sidekicks. Let's put it this way:

You are Sakurai, back to Melee, 2001. You can add Metaknight and Dedede for the Kirby franchise, or extend the array of characters and series picking Marth and Game & Watch. What would you do?

You have this little problem: FE have 10 games and the story doesn't carry over. It's not like Zelda or Mario, with recurring characters, so you may have people who like a certain game over another. They should aim to the more diversity of characters possible, and since the BK and Ike are from the same game, plus the fact they are both heavy swordmen, it won't be a very useful move, since there are other heavy swordmen like Ganondorf on the line.

In short, if there were only a FE, I wouldn't object to the BK: The more FE characters, the better. But since this game will have limited spots, and there will be 1 or 2 FE characters, they shouldn't stick with PoR for all of them. That would be like bullying the rest of the series.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
MOST of the game's stories don't carry over, but some of the characters do. And Black Knight is one of the few that does appear in multiple games. And not just because he's a villain but because he could bring us the unique fighting set of a very (very) heavy sword fighter, he is a popular character, and because he's a nemesis of Ike (Not a main villain so a main villain can be a boss character.)

I see what your saying however Marth was in multiple games as well; and I also agree with him having a unique fighting style. I just don't like over the over repping of FE9 that he seems to bring.

It would be good to include him on Sakurai's part because he is from the newer Fire Emblem games, not saying they all have to be, and this could help boost sales with his inclusion. A kid saying "wow, this guy Black Knight is pretty cool in Brawl.. makes me want to get the Fire Emblem games so i can play as him" is very likely. People like Roy were only included to set promote the newer Fire Emblem games, and that worked. So I think Black Knight would be a great addition to Brawl's roster.

BLACK KNIGHT FOR BRAWL!
Actually imo since you brought up the Roy think Mikaya(sp) would be a better choice since she is a lord of FE10 and very unique since she uses magic (iirc I'm trying not to spoil to many of FE10 details). I mean it seems the only reason why people want him is for a Ike vs Black Knight showdown is all.

I just don't see him in the game; perhaps has a boss only character but other lords take prority over him.

IllidR

Smash Champion
You've got some good arguments, I'll give you that. And I'm not much of a debator, so i can only go for so long. I'll just say that I don't just want Black Knight in Brawl for an Ike vs. Black Knight showdown. I'd rather have Black Knight in than Ike.. always liked Marth better than Ike anyway. I'm also hoping that Ganondorf doesn't have his sword like in Twilight Princess for Brawl because that wouldn't give me very much hope about Black Knight being in the game.

I agree Black Knight is not the most significant of the Fire Emblem characters but he's one I'll remember that stands out among the rest. In the case that Sakurai does want to incorporate a villain from Fire Emblem, he's my choice. I'm hoping for 3 to 4 Fire Emblem characters in this game, with Black Knight in the mix.

Well this is a call to arms of any Black Knight fans, defend your character!

BLACK KNIGHT FOR BRAWL!

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
Notice how the FE stage is a generic FE stage and isn't based off of any one particular FE game? That means that they're going to have playable FE characters from different FE games. If they were only going to use FE characters from POR, it would have been a POR stage. I personally think that Marth will return, he's the original hero of FE and the only FE character to star in more than one FE game.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Yes... Because if they have the same hair color they'll be exactly the same....

Honestly Ike and Marth are almost nothing alike(based on the screen shots already).

Hair color is a very ****ty argument.

IllidR

Smash Champion
Who said there is a quota for something like that? Where are all of these rules written!

And the BK has blue hair too...
Omg! Where's the spoiler alert!:dizzy:

And I'm not saying in my arguments that Black Knight and Ike should be the only Fire Emblem characters in Brawl. We're not confined to having only two Fire Emblem characters, I'm just saying there should be Black Knight, Ike, Marth (Maybe), and one more if possible. That would be my ideal addition to Brawl as far as Fire Emblem comes. And the stage is a generic stage because there are many castles throughout the entire Fire Emblem series and if they happened to call it "Ashnard's Castle" this board would have exploded with "ASHNARD IS IN BRAWL!"

BLACK KNIGHT FOR BRAWL! (500th post on Black Knight)

EDIT:
Nappa: Vegeta what's the scouter say about "Black Knight for Brawl"s view count?
Vegeta: *Crushes scouter* IT'S OVER 9000!!!!!
Nappa: What 9,000?!?!?!

GenG

Smash Lord
Omg! Where's the spoiler alert!:dizzy:
BK: Ike... you don't recognize my voice?
Ike: Your voice... NO! IT CAN'T BE!
BK: Yes, you know who I am...

*The Black Knight removes his suit*

Ike: It's YOU! OH SHI-

Now, seriously, since a lot of FE chars have blue hair, that won't be possibly a spoiler. More like a reminder that hair color isn't something to restrict... if we can have more than ONE brown hair character, ONE blond character and so on, why not more than one blue haired character?

Top Bottom