• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BiM 2013 | Game Over!

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Soup, you realize any reactions Zen may have had to you shooting him were immediately ruined by you asking the mod if your actions worked pre-game right ?

So what exactly are you getting out of your exchange with Orbo ?
What? Asking if they work was the icing on the cake of that whole reaction. I wasn't looking for him to react to the shot, rather the intention.

Scum.

#HBC | ѕoup

But tell me why soup
Because you're being systematic again and it's bothering the hell out of me. I already told that I disliked your lack of initative and you're still not showing me anything that makes me doubt myself. I'm not going to ask you why you feel this is a good idea, rather what you think will happen if we go along with it.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
I disagree in complete, from my POV it'd be better to act like your confident the action will go through, thereby (in teory) tricking Zen into thinking it didn't matter.

#HBC | ѕoup

I disagree in complete, from my POV it'd be better to act like your confident the action will go through, thereby (in teory) tricking Zen into thinking it didn't matter.
It doesn't take a genius to read the rules, then again I might not be giving some people enough credit.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Because you're being systematic again and it's bothering the hell out of me. I already told that I disliked your lack of initative and you're still not showing me anything that makes me doubt myself. I'm not going to ask you why you feel this is a good idea, rather what you think will happen if we go along with it.
It's an open setup. It's expected that you will use the rules to the advantage of your faction. This happened in philosophers and you weren't scumreading me there.
If we go along with it, we get two clears that town can listen too and know that they are aiding their faction. We avoid accidently shooting them. if someone does shoot a claimed bomb we know that the shooter is scum. And scum doesn't want to have clears around, so they NK them to get it out of the way. We avoid explosions, we avoid a cop or daykiller dying. win win.
No, you. You're the scum.
Sorry, I misread that. What has shown scummy intent form me? Why is it any different from the way i tried to use the system in X1's game?

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
Hmm, Soup from your POV wouldn't Zen's reaction to your intent to shoot him, if he read the rules, just be somewhere along the lines of : Soup pls.

I mean, what was the best you were hoping for by doing it ?

#HBC | ѕoup

Oh god, let's not use meta from another game now. This is completely different.

If we go along with it, we get two clears that town can listen too and know that they are aiding their faction. We avoid accidently shooting them.
Guess what? Scum can fakeclaim. Are you going to blindly believe someone if they claim bomb, regardless of anything? There will be a point in time in this game where everyone will claim, and it is much more beneficial to let people claim on their own accord. It's like you ****ing forgot how mafia works or something. Not to mention, you're forgetting that scum can also possibly kill a bomb? Did you forget about this aspect? Why give scum everything they need and let them plan things out by forcing claims?

someone does shoot a claimed bomb we know that the shooter is scum. And scum doesn't want to have clears around, so they NK them to get it out of the way. We avoid explosions, we avoid a cop or daykiller dying. win win.
Scum doesn't give a **** about clears. They can shoot them if they have to and it's likely there will be counter-claims in this game.

Sorry, I misread that. What has shown scummy intent form me? Why is it any different from the way i tried to use the system in X1's game?
You're forcing things that aren't an issue and you're hiding behind mechanics and the alike instead of actually approaching this game by yourself. I also didn't like your aggressive attitude towards me simply because I wouldn't cooperate. The only thing you should be worrying about is shooting scum, but instead you're worried about how it all goes down and what's going to happen. It's almost like a scum trying to seem townie without having an intention to be townie because you don't have really anything else to say.

#HBC | ѕoup

Hmm, Soup from your POV wouldn't Zen's reaction to your intent to shoot him, if he read the rules, just be somewhere along the lines of : Soup pls.

I mean, what was the best you were hoping for by doing it ?
No, he would react. That's all I wanted, a reaction. Regardless if he was being absentminded and didn't read the rules.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Oh god, let's not use meta from another game now. This is completely different.
How is it different soup?

Guess what? Scum can fakeclaim. Are you going to blindly believe someone if they claim bomb, regardless of anything? There will be a point in time in this game where everyone will claim, and it is much more beneficial to let people claim on their own accord. It's like you ****ing forgot how mafia works or something. Not to mention, you're forgetting that scum can also possibly kill a bomb? Did you forget about this aspect? Why give scum everything they need and let them plan things out by forcing claims?
Guess what? Then we have one of the scum pinned down. It's in a group of 3 to four people, and those people could be cleared/damned by the cops, especially if we kill the GF

Scum doesn't give a **** about clears. They can shoot them if they have to and it's likely there will be counter-claims in this game.
Scum wants people to mislynch. it's not about scum not wanting clears anyways, it's about town having people they know they can trust.

You're forcing things that aren't an issue and you're hiding behind mechanics and the alike instead of actually approaching this game by yourself. I also didn't like your aggressive attitude towards me simply because I wouldn't cooperate. The only thing you should be worrying about is shooting scum, but instead you're worried about how it all goes down and what's going to happen. It's almost like a scum trying to seem townie without having an intention to be townie because you don't have really anything else to say.
I'm hiding behind mechanics? More like I want to use the mechanics of the game to the best of my ability in order to give town the best chance of winning.
You don't like me being aggressive? since when is aggressiveness a scumtell?
I'll have stuff to say when people get talking. Besides, the mechanics talk stripped rvs right out of the game.

#HBC | ѕoup

How is it different soup?
Different game. Different players. Different setup. You didn't come in here going "I'm going to play the exact same way I did as philosophers." Nobody does.

Guess what? Then we have one of the scum pinned down. It's in a group of 3 to four people, and those people could be cleared/damned by the cops, especially if we kill the GF
No, you're ****ing ********. Excuse my language but I can't help it. You're assuming you know what's going to happen but you ****ing don't. You don't magically pin scum in a setup like this, and you're neglecting the point that you're implying everyone is not only going to go along with it, on top of the fact it's an awful idea and there is much more optimal to not force claims. I've pointed out my logic to all this and instead you insist on fighting me and holding to your ideals when you have majority of people who have posted saying that you're wrong.

Scum wants people to mislynch. it's not about scum not wanting clears anyways, it's about town having people they know they can trust.
Scum wants to survive. What are you even saying at this point? Do you even remember what you were arguing against? Not about scum wanting clears? Why'd you bring up the clear factor in the first place? Town having people they know they can trust? I'm sure that will come to fruition much like any other game. You're not very good at arguing.

I'm hiding behind mechanics? More like I want to use the mechanics of the game to the best of my ability in order to give town the best chance of winning.
Town is going to lose if they follow you. I guarantee this. You say you're out for the town and you want to win, yet you're asking town to do all the handy work for you. Yeah, town! Let's out the bombs! Yeah, town! Let's restrict the shots! Great job team.

You don't like me being aggressive? since when is aggressiveness a scumtell?
Lmao. You're being aggressive for no reason. Town has a reason behind being aggressive, scum just wants to bull**** and look like they have one. Your move.

I'll have stuff to say when people get talking. Besides, the mechanics talk stripped rvs right out of the game.
There is no RVS in this game. You talk about mechanics but you seem to have an awful grasp of them yourself. Don't try and say "My content helped town and that makes me townie!" Because it isn't the case.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
/confirming

Orbo why didn't you read the rules?
I'd rather not have bombs claim.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Having the bombs mass claim is kinda silly. Its detrimental to the town\ and not very beneficial. As long as people aren't ******** and start quickshooting like crazy, there are smarter ways to handle bombs claiming, namely, they can claim when they feel like someone is about to shoot them to prevent that from happening.

If they mass claim right from the get go, the godfather really has no risk of claiming alongside them if he sees fit. The cops wont be able to do **** about it, since if we assume the bombs and the GF all claim, then they would all come up inno to investigation. Overcentralizing for no distinct town benefit other than putting the GF in a group of three. And that assumes that he claims.

And what do the scum get out of it? Free bomb targets for a quicker mylo AND they know exactly who not to kill at night to get to that mylo as fast as possible.

So yeah, I'm not gonna be throwing a huge tantrum if you guys decide to go with bomb claiming since we do get a slight benefit out of it (prevents ******* from quick shooting a bomb without them even getting a chance to defend themselves and put out the risk the players pose for shooting them) but in the end I think we lose a little bit more than we gain by giving the scum that info.

Trying to establish a pseudo voting system is also stupid and we shouldn't waste our time with that. As long as people are vocal about who they believe should be shot and who should do the shooting, that should be more than enough to give us a legitimate paper trail for analysis as we move forward.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Different game. Different players. Different setup. You didn't come in here going "I'm going to play the exact same way I did as philosophers." Nobody does.
I'm going to approach the setup the same way. I'm going to say "let's see what i can squeeze out of this to help my faction" That's what I got from it.

No, you're ****ing ********. Excuse my language but I can't help it. You're assuming you know what's going to happen but you ****ing don't. You don't magically pin scum in a setup like this, and you're neglecting the point that you're implying everyone is not only going to go along with it, on top of the fact it's an awful idea and there is much more optimal to not force claims. I've pointed out my logic to all this and instead you insist on fighting me and holding to your ideals when you have majority of people who have posted saying that you're wrong.
It's what I would expect to happen. You and ruy said no. Rake and I say yes. That's majority?

Scum wants to survive. What are you even saying at this point? Do you even remember what you were arguing against? Not about scum wanting clears? Why'd you bring up the clear factor in the first place? Town having people they know they can trust? I'm sure that will come to fruition much like any other game. You're not very good at arguing.
Scum's best way to survive is to have as many people possible that they can get a lynch on/kill. Yes, there's only one member of scum who can kill. but if town knows those two slots that can kill other townies if they are shot are town, then that benefits town. If someone shoots a claimed bomb, then we know that person is likely scum.

Town is going to lose if they follow you. I guarantee this. You say you're out for the town and you want to win, yet you're asking town to do all the handy work for you. Yeah, town! Let's out the bombs! Yeah, town! Let's restrict the shots! Great job team.
Town's going to lose if they follow me? way to throw FUD on this. Restrict the shots? Restrict the pool of who we are shooting at. If we have scummy people take shots, then that means they are essentially cleared.

Lmao. You're being aggressive for no reason. Town has a reason behind being aggressive, scum just wants to bull**** and look like they have one. Your move.
I'm being aggressive because I think this is the right thing to do. That's my reason.

There is no RVS in this game. You talk about mechanics but you seem to have an awful grasp of them yourself. Don't try and say "My content helped town and that makes me townie!" Because it isn't the case.
You haven't said why any of what I said is bad soup. You've assaulted me for saying what I think should be done with the mechanics.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
100 is something I was looking for. Thanks FF.
@BSL- I did read the rules. I skimmed over the roles because I've read them before when gheb first posted the setup.

#HBC | ѕoup

I'm going to approach the setup the same way. I'm going to say "let's see what i can squeeze out of this to help my faction" That's what I got from it.
Okay.

It's what I would expect to happen. You and ruy said no. Rake and I say yes. That's majority?
You're wrong. Rake doesn't know what he's talking about.

Scum's best way to survive is to have as many people possible that they can get a lynch on/kill. Yes, there's only one member of scum who can kill. but if town knows those two slots that can kill other townies if they are shot are town, then that benefits town. If someone shoots a claimed bomb, then we know that person is likely scum.
No. Stop. No. Stop. No. Stop. No. Stop. You're so ****ing wrong it hurts. It literally hurts me to read this. I'm not going to repeat myself but you're either being deliberately dense about this or you forgot how to read words.

Town's going to lose if they follow me? way to throw FUD on this. Restrict the shots? Restrict the pool of who we are shooting at. If we have scummy people take shots, then that means they are essentially cleared.
"Throwing FUD at this" Mafia Lingo makes your argument better. 100% Fact.

"Who we are shooting at." No. Stop. No. Stop. No. Who are you shooting at? Who do you want to shoot? Enough hiding behind the fact that you're supposedly town and you have best interest for town always. If you do this again, I will personally put a bullet through your skull.

I'm being aggressive because I think this is the right thing to do. That's my reason
I'm arguing with you because I think it's the right thing to do. Am I town?
You haven't said why any of what I said is bad soup. You've assaulted me for saying what I think should be done with the mechanics.
Holy ****. Yes I have. Many ****ing times. Don't make me quote it.​

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
100 is something I was looking for. Thanks FF.
@BSL- I did read the rules. I skimmed over the roles because I've read them before when gheb first posted the setup.
I meant roles not rules. Typos.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Have you since gone back and reread the roles? Obviously you forgot some of the stuff in them, so make sure you know what everyone can do. It's an open set up, use it.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Sorry for being late to the party. Worked earlier today, then I had to go out to my storage unit, and pull out my 2 big ass containers of legos for my 5 yr old nephew. Been playing legos with him for most of the day, plus he likes to play smash brothers too. He gets mad at me when I'm sitting at the computer and I tell him I'm "reading stuff", but he's getting ready for bed now.

Anyway, onto the game.
@post #6, I'm down with bombs claiming. There's 2 bombs, so if someone claims it, there's no reason for the other bomb to counterclaim, cuz he knows there's 2 of them. It's just the other bomb.

I do see the point about it narrowing down the NK pool for scum though, so here's what I propose. People should be waving their guns in someone's face before pulling the trigger, so they can claim before they get shot (this is a given). If you're a bomb, and you see the other bomb claim, you claim too. That way if we get scum claiming bomb, we know it, because there's 3 bomb claims. I realize that weeding out the scum from 3 bomb claims is a little daunting, but there's literally no way we can avoid the possibility of scum claiming bomb. It's always gonna be a possible scenario. At least this way, we know there's scum in there for sure. We don't have to reveal the bombs to scum before it's necessary, but there's still the contingency for knowing who the bombs are before they die.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Orbo and soup please stop talking to each other. It gives my head great ache.

if they get NK'd that means that they don't explode. if they get NK'd it's one more daykiller we have left alive. scum wants to kill the vanillas, not the cops or bombs at night. scum wins if we can't daykill even if we have majority.
I don't get you man. You say here, that scum doesn't want to kill the bombs at night. That's exactly why they SHOULDNT claim. We, as town, WANT scum to kill the bombs at night. By outing who they are, it just tells scum who not to kill as frozen said. There's no benefit in bombs claiming right now.

Soup, what the heck? How did Orbo ruin you getting a reaction from me? You knew that I knew it didn't count. So what other reaction would you be getting? Or rather what could Orbo have ruined about getting that kind of reaction?

So,
-Bombs aren't claiming. That's the end of that discussion.
-We aren't using a voting system. That's the end of that discussion.
-Ryu is a bomb.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Joker did you read Frozen's post before making yours? If not, do you now see why bombs shouldn't claim?

Also if one bomb dies, other bomb should NOT claim unless they are about to be shot. And cop should claim immediately upon getting a guilty.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I actually find Orbo's aggressiveness townie. It also makes sense for him to ask the question to Soup's 'shot'. I even thought to myself "Why would he shoot Zen, who just came back?". I think it's a genuine reaction to the shot, and I also do see it possible he skimmed the rules. (Yet I would have just waited for a mod flip to see if it was a real shot or not)

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I get that bombs shouldn't claim up front here in the start of the game. There's no need to wittle down the NK pool for scum for no reason.

I do think that if a bomb is about to die, and he claims, the other bomb needs to come forward as well. This is because scum could claim bomb to avoid being shot at, and both of the actual bombs would be unable to effectively counterclaim if they just think "well there's 2 bombs, and I'm one of them. That guy says he's a bomb, so we must both be the bombs". I know having the bombs all ending up claimed at that point is a slight disadvantage, but I'd rather have them come forward if there's a chance that we could be catching scum in a counterclaim scenario.

Top Bottom