• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BiM 2013 | Game Over!

Kantrip

Kantplay
If he does it again it'll be a different story.

I don't LIKE the fact that he shot on impulse like he did, and it could easily be a scummy action if he hit town.

The fact is, he hit the godfather. THAT'S why he's town. Not because of when or how he took the shot, but because of who it hit. That doesn't mean I'd let him do it again.

Also, I'm not saying you and Nabe are BOTH scum, but I AM saying I dislike your suspicion of RR. Maybe you're paranoid town over scum spreading FUD, both of you. Maybe one of you is scum and one of you is paranoid. I don't know. What I DO know is I don't like it. Look elsewhere.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Kantrip, you honestly believe both Nabe and I are scum, trying to throw FUD around and cast doubt on RR? Is that honestly what you're seeing right now? Or am I, perhaps, just concerned that Red Ryu shot soup without questioning him, or asking him to claim? Two things that we can pretty much all agree are things we should be doing before pulling the trigger. I mean, I was thinking about shooting soup too, but I wasn't gonna do it without making more of an effort to read him. We got really lucky this time by hitting the godfather, but soup could have been a bomb or something.

You think it's unreasonable for me to not just pat him on the back for a job well done? 2/3rds of his reasoning for that shot is "I just felt like shooting someone and soup is a meanie head." The other 1/3rd is something I already pointed out at the end of D1. I didn't call him scum for it, but I think putting a little heat on Ryu for that is justifiable. You just wanna slap a "confirmed townie" gold star sticker on him and let him do it again? What if he hits one of the bombs next time?
To reiterate. Yes, you're completely right. The shot was bad.

But RR hit the GF. He better not shoot again like that, but do you think he's scum or just dislike his shot?

If the latter, what good is questioning him about it over just telling him not to do it again?

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
I also wanna point out that Kantrip did this little dance where he latches onto somebody "obvtown", and pointed out how obviously town I was in "Don't Play This - Toonami". He was right, I was town, and he knew that because he was scum in that game. Don't get too comfortable with him just because his reads look accurate. Read him.
That's alot of talkin' for someone who's been mute on Kantrip so far.

Are you going to take my side ?

It's a different situation, but you read it the same, tell me, do you think Kantrip would replay his old game ?

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
Kantrip way back D1 you said I was approaching you differently.

How did you mean that exactly ? And why did it make you skeptical ? If you were skeptical, why did you never try to interact with me in any way shape or form, up to and including to my best knowledge up to now ?

Why does it feel like every slot you interact with is happening for the sake of interaction and not actually helping you achieve anything ? (Rhetoric)

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Red Ryu:

1. Tell me your reasoning for wanting to shoot me in your #297? (As you have already explained Soup)
2. I want you to give your opinion on Soup v Me.
3. Why won't you shoot again? Just wondering.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Kantrip:

Your #221 seems more like you are asking Zen to shoot Soup since he is being a distraction. "Zen, can you shoot Soup because he's because he's being super distracting and scummy? Thank you" It seems implied, since Soup has been VERY distracting there and it would be easy for anyone to go "Yeah shoot soup". It would be easy to not have to give reasoning.

Now, I have to consider the possibility of you really trying to gauge Zen into shooting soup. You asking Zen to shoot Soup on the surface, implies that you think Zen is town (with a gun), and Soup scum. Not SvS. (Or possible you know he's town and know Soup is scum) I just wonder why you would want to gauge zen into shooting Soup, instead of stating that you thought Soup was distracting and you wanted him dead. It just seems more like you only had one opinion, but had to backtrack (or rather, wanted to backtrack) when Zen had changed his mind on Soup.

In your #231 you mention you asked Zen to shoot because you thought it was SvS and wanted to see if he would shoot. I find it questionable you believed him backing down instantly meant they were both just town.

Now here's my problem: After Zen backed down from his scumread on Soup, you said you were just townreading Soup totally on gut. (#236) Basically your reasoning for TownSoup was "He wouldn't do this to townies as scum" and this is wifom. I don't really find it solid reasoning to have a townread on Soup. I mean I just think your read on TownSoup was bs by trying to justify you not considering it being tvs.

Moving on, the reason you thought it was SvS was because you were getting vibes Zen didn't think Soup was scum. He asks where you picked that up, and you said you picked it up from him building up an interaction between him and Soup. This would mean you thought Soup blew up because of something Zen said, but this was not the case. I explained this to you in my #238, but you never tried to refute my point here. You just answered my question. So, tell me. What exact post did you think made Soup blow up to Zen, and why was it a distance between the two?

In conclusion, I feel you initially thought Soup (as your scumbuddy) was a loud liability, and therefore asked Zen to shoot him for you (for obvious reasons). I then think you tried to cover up your intentions by saying that you just thought ZenvSoup was SvS and wanted to see if he would have shot. I also think you saying your read on Soup was entirely gut was to cover for you not considering TownvScum at all. It seems more like you instantly considered TvT to leave Soup alone.

FOS: Kantrip

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
To reiterate. Yes, you're completely right. The shot was bad.

But RR hit the GF. He better not shoot again like that, but do you think he's scum or just dislike his shot?

If the latter, what good is questioning him about it over just telling him not to do it again?
I'm not calling Ryu scum any more than you're calling me scum. I get why he shot soup (If there was a person to shoot at that point in the game, it was soup), but I'm not exactly down with the "YOLO" approach to this format. That's all I'm saying. Now is not the time to just try on your "be like marshy" pants for funzies.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Red Ryu:

1. Tell me your reasoning for wanting to shoot me in your #297? (As you have already explained Soup)
2. I want you to give your opinion on Soup v Me.
3. Why won't you shoot again? Just wondering.
1. Your interactions with Soup, and Rake. Did not like them looked like fishing and kind of shallow questions.

2. TvS right now, you being town with his scum flip, I could see it as a bus but you are not my #1 pick for busing and distancing Soup. that remains to be Kantrip.

3. I'm not shooting because I am cleared and me shooting against doesn't benefit town, same reason why July shooting me in BIM4 was a bad move. It didn't let Sworddancer be cleared and helped scum win the game, even if Luxor was the absolute main reason town lost that game. Still July's shot did not help. I want town to get info on others, this goes back to my scummy/?mark people shooting a scummy/?mark.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I'm not calling Ryu scum any more than you're calling me scum. I get why he shot soup (If there was a person to shoot at that point in the game, it was soup), but I'm not exactly down with the "YOLO" approach to this format. That's all I'm saying. Now is not the time to just try on your "be like marshy" pants for funzies.
But dude, I wanted to make that shot soooooooo bad.

I love being a vig.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
You think it's unreasonable for me to not just pat him on the back for a job well done? 2/3rds of his reasoning for that shot is "I just felt like shooting someone and soup is a meanie head." The other 1/3rd is something I already pointed out at the end of D1. I didn't call him scum for it, but I think putting a little heat on Ryu for that is justifiable. You just wanna slap a "confirmed townie" gold star sticker on him and let him do it again? What if he hits one of the bombs next time?
But come ooooonnnnn.

You know you want to shoot first ask questions while shooting!

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I also wanna point out that Kantrip did this little dance where he latches onto somebody "obvtown", and pointed out how obviously town I was in "Don't Play This - Toonami". He was right, I was town, and he knew that because he was scum in that game. Don't get too comfortable with him just because his reads look accurate. Read him.
This leads into why I think he is scum.

He's not trying to push town into info that helps us, he is trying to put info out that makes him look good.

Heck his intro to D1 wanted people to shoot me because I was posting Sherlock Hound Pictures. Like it is a scum tell....which I've done multiple multiple multiple times as town.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Ok thanks. I am also satisfied with your reasoning for not shooting if necessary.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352

Perplexing, I'm gonna fully reread D1 tomarrow, aka not from my phone like I did today.

Kantrip give me your shot picks and why.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
This leads into why I think he is scum.

He's not trying to push town into info that helps us, he is trying to put info out that makes him look good.

Heck his intro to D1 wanted people to shoot me because I was posting Sherlock Hound Pictures. Like it is a scum tell....which I've done multiple multiple multiple times as town.
I completely agree with this. It's easy to look like you're reading people by explaining to everyone why X person is town, and I think it might be what's going on here. That's how it feels.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
After reading back over stuff, I think Kantrip is gonna be the one to go today. If we decide we want someone else instead, Kantrip shoots them. It can be no other way.

Kantrip attempted to bus soup by asking Zen to shoot him. Kantrip cannot shoot, because he is scum. I'd be surprised is it was any other way, quite frankly.

1.) Red Ryu*
2.) BSL*
3.) Orboknown*
4.) Nabe*
5.) Handorin*
6.) Zen*
7.) Ranmaru*
8.) Soup*
9.) frozenflame751*
10.) Potassium
11.) Badwolf28738*
12.) Private-Joker Brown
13.) Anomandaris_Rake*
k im going to sleep now

It may be worth noting that these are the people zen was looking at.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I think Badwolf might be the other guy. Zen saw something there, and Badwolf thinks Kantrip is the most on the ball town player in the game, for some reason. I can see the QT now

Kantrip: Yo Badwolf, since you're the assassin, you should totally bus the **** out of soup and make yourself look like a bawse!

Badwolf: wtf?! No man, he's the godfather, we need him. I'm not doing that.

Kantrip: pfft, fine. I'll just ask Zen to shoot him. Zen will shoot anything if he's got a gun.
Yea... I can see it too.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Mafia killing their GF D1 intentionally is the worst ****ing play you could make in this game. If the scumteam is me and Badwolf, why would we shoot soup who is obviously better than the rest of the team (Kantplay and Badbad)?

Kantrip

Kantplay
Seriously ****.

I joined this game to shoot people, not to spend days trading walls with people.

You want me to defend myself, I will. With my gun.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Kantrip:

What exact post did you think made Soup blow up to Zen, and why was it a distance between the two?
Who are your shot picks and why? (Give three)

Kantrip

Kantplay
I don't understand your question. I was wrong and Zen was town, and also there was no specific post that made me think it would be distancing. I don't ****ing know when soup "blew up" at Zen, he was scum and probably faking it.

Picks are Joker, Nabe, BSL

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Why?

Also, opinion on orbo v soup in the start of the game? What do you think soup was trying to accomplish?

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
After reading back over stuff, I think Kantrip is gonna be the one to go today. If we decide we want someone else instead, Kantrip shoots them. It can be no other way.

Kantrip attempted to bus soup by asking Zen to shoot him. Kantrip cannot shoot, because he is scum. I'd be surprised is it was any other way, quite frankly.

It may be worth noting that these are the people zen was looking at.
That readlist isn't real.

Man PJB I've been liking your posts so far and you're throwing it all away stop :c

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
I agree with orbo, RR don't shoot anymore. Though we don't need to tell you this, you already understand it.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Ruy, do you still plan on shooting inactives, or are you going to push that scummy players shoot them instead?

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
I still don't like orbo. He was talking to soup about how it was an open setup and we should be using that to our advantage, and he didn't even know what the roles did.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I do find his activity dropping concerning. I look forward to his thoughts on kantrip.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
I still don't like orbo. He was talking to soup about how it was an open setup and we should be using that to our advantage, and he didn't even know what the roles did.
I knew exactly what the roles did. Where did I ever imply that it didn't? reread about to commence.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
When we talked about how you hadn't read the roles? When you asked about how the roles worked?

Orboknown

Smash Hero
I asked for the cooldown. I knew it had been 24 in the previous BIMs. I knew what could shoot, what exploded, etc.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
It could have been really interesting distancing (that was one angle I was seeing it from), but with Zen now backing off and calling soup town and saying I'm sparking interest, I'm pretty sure it's TvT. That's not the point that he would back down if it were SvS.
about to go to class, but rake gimme your thoughts on this. I wanna see if you catch what I caught form it

Orboknown

Smash Hero
PJB Ran Ryu town.
Nabe and rake can stay alive for today.
FF and Hando i want to call town but need more out of them Same with BSL
shoot pretty much anyone else outside of that five afaik. The chatter form today should help narrow it down.

Top Bottom