• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BiM 2013 | Game Over!

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Yes and fake killing ie saying "shoot" is grounds for being modkilled. Which you forgot. You're also attempting to get investigated by intentionally playing scummy because you are godfather.
wow, i missed this. GJ zen rip in peace

I don't bother with pregame. Gonna ignore everything before Gheb's post and go from there.
Have you changed your mind about this, Ryu? Pregame had a lot of relevant things, including the part where Zen read soup to a T (quoted above).
Pregame is dismal. Waiting for some d1 content.
is this talking about me or the game in general? i was confused about this but forgot to ask.
Then who's to shoot #1 if he doesn't? This was brought up earlier but shot down.
I agree with gheb's philosophy. Shoot first,ask questions later. Maybe preceded by wave gun around until answers are found.
and it is gheb's game. some might say it's fate to do exactly this.
But that's already running thin, and I feel like it'd be a lot more fun just to kill him and go from there.
I'd like Rake or Kantrip shooting, if the shot were to go off right now.
Ryu I want you to substantiate that for me.
Ryu, I don't recall ever seeing you substantiate. For reference,
I asked for the cooldown. I knew it had been 24 in the previous BIMs. I knew what could shoot, what exploded, etc.
previous BIMs is not this BIM. You didn't read the roles of THIS open setup, yet you talked about the importance of using the open setup to our advantage.
is having skimmed the fact of the cooldown scummy?
no, not reading the roles, but still talking about...advantage (see above).

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
EBWOP:

"Ryu, I don't recall ever seeing you substantiate. For reference,"
should continue with:
Ran wanted to know why you were looking at shooting him/Soup

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Ryu, why is Ran no longer on your radar? Why was he on your radar earlier?

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
joker, bsl, RR, who's the play today?
I haven't decided who should be shot yet. I'd like Rake or Kantrip to shoot though. I want this Day to last a few days at least, though.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Ryu, disregard my 404 and 405, I missed page 10 on my reread.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
people would be fine with rake shooting kantrip about 48 hours or so form now?
I'm not fine with that. 48 hours isn't enough, IMO. That's the inactivity timer, so it's possible that players will have one post between now and then. Lets get a lot more discussion please? We can go back to that after.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Obviously, if activity starts to drop and nothing is happening, I'm not going to ask for more time like that. But don't interrupt discussion with a shot, please.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
Not gonna wait 48 hours for kantrip to post more nothing.

Letting him live any longer is just extending our suffering.

Unless the next 4 hours are amazing, I'm wifoming between shooting him right now and shooting him when I get home.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

I understand wanting to get more discussion going, but at this point it's going to be Kantrip flailing around more trying to muddy the water's and a lot of circular discussion of what happens after Kantrip.

And I highly doubt something better is going to be on the horizon.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

BSL if you can give me one solid reason why Kantrip should live longer that isn't discussion, I wont shoot him.

otherwise I'm shooting him following your response.

If you don't respond by the end of my lunch I'll assume you have found no such reason and will shoot him.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
BSL if you can give me one solid reason why Kantrip should live longer that isn't discussion, I wont shoot him.

otherwise I'm shooting him following your response.

If you don't respond by the end of my lunch I'll assume you have found no such reason and will shoot him.
The solid reason is getting more talking done in general. It doesn't even have to be talking with Kantrip. I want to flesh out my own reads more, and I assume most people wouldn't mind having more discussion. Hell, ignore every single one of Kantrip's posts and pretend like he's already dead for all I care. I just want the Day to last longer. YesterDay was over in 24ish hours. Let's not do that again. We have no deadline.

Reverse this.
As in Kantrip shooting Rake?

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
If he does it again it'll be a different story.
Why would it be a different story? You've already called him cleared.

The fact is, he hit the godfather. THAT'S why he's town. Not because of when or how he took the shot, but because of who it hit. That doesn't mean I'd let him do it again.
Why are you adding the latter? How do you expect that you would stop him from shooting again, and (if it were justified) why would you?

I'm not calling Ryu scum any more than you're calling me scum. I get why he shot soup (If there was a person to shoot at that point in the game, it was soup), but I'm not exactly down with the "YOLO" approach to this format. That's all I'm saying. Now is not the time to just try on your "be like marshy" pants for funzies.
What do you think of this post, KT?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Rake, frozen needs to contribute before we move on.

#HBC | Nabe

I shot Soup because,

1) I wanted to shoot him back for toonami
2) I wanted to shoot my gun and just not give a ****.
3) he made a post justifying his rage as a town tell.

Well only one real point is legitimate, rest is just lulz. I have a gun so I said **** this I'm playing like Marshy and shooting first. In hignsight I should have pressed him for stances or something but oh well.
@3, which post specifically?
Why didn't you respond (at or around the time that you shot Soup) to Ran's question about justification of your reads?
Why did you make that comment about hindsight, and then say the following antithesis:
For the record I would probably do that again if I got a daykill in future BIM games.
which suggests that, in hindsight, you'd actually do no such thing?

#HBC | Nabe

I'm not calling Ryu scum any more than you're calling me scum. I get why he shot soup (If there was a person to shoot at that point in the game, it was soup), but I'm not exactly down with the "YOLO" approach to this format. That's all I'm saying.
But you said the following earlier.
Ryu, why did you shoot soup? The reason you gave at the time of the actual shot was unsettling.
This suggests that you weren't only interested in Ryu's approach to the setup, at odds with what you said in the other quote.

I also wanna point out that Kantrip did this little dance where he latches onto somebody "obvtown", and pointed out how obviously town I was in "Don't Play This - Toonami". He was right, I was town, and he knew that because he was scum in that game. Don't get too comfortable with him just because his reads look accurate. Read him.
What was your read on Kantrip at this juncture? You used phrasing that suggests a scumread, but I don't recall a scumread on Kantrip prior to this / in D1.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Badwolf, why pjb and nabe?

Why is kantrip awesome to you?

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
Badwolf, why pjb and nabe?

Why is kantrip awesome to you?
PJB I can never read correctly and at this point I'd just rather have that thorn out of my side tbh.

Nabe is being.... difficult. I'm not sure why he's disagreeing with everyone else but I don't like it. It's not that I don't disagree with a Katrip death, it's that he wants things his way and doesn't bother explaining why. Plus I have Rake as town.

Kantrip is cool because he and I seem to be on the same page about a lot of things. He's impressing me by posting things that I had said in my notes. I want him around for at least another Day.

:applejack:

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Kantrip , your joker read smells of OMGUS
Why? Are you scumgoggling kantrip?
Not gonna wait 48 hours for kantrip to post more nothing.

Letting him live any longer is just extending our suffering.

Unless the next 4 hours are amazing, I'm wifoming between shooting him right now and shooting him when I get home.
No, you're going to wait and give us at least fourty eight hours. You know as well as I do that I'm likely to not be here when you plan your shot. I don't want a shot today.
PJB I can never read correctly and at this point I'd just rather have that thorn out of my side tbh.

Nabe is being.... difficult. I'm not sure why he's disagreeing with everyone else but I don't like it. It's not that I don't disagree with a Katrip death, it's that he wants things his way and doesn't bother explaining why. Plus I have Rake as town.

Kantrip is cool because he and I seem to be on the same page about a lot of things. He's impressing me by posting things that I had said in my notes. I want him around for at least another Day.
Just because you can't read him doesn't mean others can't. Would you be willing to trust, say, mine or RR's read on him?

Bolded is contradictory and I dislike it. would you be willing to shoot today? Not necessarily kantrip, but just be the shot.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
I agree with Orbo on the part he bolded.

Orbo means be the shooter, not be the shot.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Hmmm.

Nabe: Wulf nutriding Kantrip telling y/n ? Why can't we be friends ?
Orbo/BSL/Ran: Killjoys
Wulf: I'm town / not a play because ? And you notes are a day late and a dollar short :applejack:

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
So Badwolf, you're saying you think the fact that Nabe disagrees with you makes him scum? What if he's just, let's say, a better player than you, and sees stuff you don't?

We have infinite time, there is no deadline. How about instead of killing people that you don't understand, you just take some time to try and understand them instead? There are no "liabilities" on D2 in a game where there's no deadline.

Now tell me about Kantrip. What thoughts of his, specifically, are lining up with yours?

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
and if you tell me to look at your notes and figure it out for myself, I'm going to give serious consideration to just shooting you. Work with me here, please.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
I agree with Orbo on the part he bolded.

Orbo means be the shooter, not be the shot.
Yea. that.
Hmmm.
Orbo/BSL/Ran: Killjoys
Suck it up.
What ever gave you that idea.

If I didn't know better I'd think you had skimmed something fierce, at least in regards to my posts.
I've read everything. I don't want you shooting today just yet.
But joker...

That would suggest Kantrip had thoughts.
Dislike this.
Joker, rake read?

Top Bottom