• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Biggest August summer Melee + Brawl tourney?

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
As some of you might know, I am planning on going to Europe if there is like a 200+ (really big money wise so i profit a lot, but I'm also looking for some fun and a good time before I fully retire from smash) really big BRAWL + MELEE (can't just be 1 must be both I play both equally) tourney this summer. If I go I'll probably be bringing 1 friend from EC maybe PC or some other dude or something. I'm letting you all know this now so maybe you could all plan in advance to hold something huge since it will probably be my only visit ever to this country. Looking forward to it

I'd also prefer if another tourney was like, back to back to this (driving distance obviously), like maybe 1 weekend apart, if you guys want me to stay like 10 days or so instead of just a weekend. Just a suggestion.

edit - mods do not close this

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
Like I wrote in that other topic.
M2K: I strongly doubt that there will be a tourney this summer with 200 participants in Europe. It has happened only one time, maybe two, in the whole European tourney history. And you can't expect to have both games on that tourney either, cuz some countries in Europe doesn't play Brawl at all. You should rather count on the level of the players that are attending, not the quantity. Of course, we're not talking about tourneys below 50 participants here, but you get my point, right?
We almost never get tourneys as big as 200+, so it probably won't happen this summer, unless someone makes an awesome plan.

Oh, and btw: retireing is ******** ;)

voilentjack

Smash Journeyman
Like I wrote in that other topic.

We almost never get tourneys as big as 200+, so it probably won't happen this summer, unless someone makes an awesome plan.

Oh, and btw: retireing is ******** ;)
I think Kone is looking to host a big european tourney this summer (melee/Brawl)

but no news on that lately , he probably busy or something

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
kone's one should be awesome :p it's kone after all

would be nice to meet you m2k, people have bad views on others before meeting them..i found out i shouldn't do that after meeting justin wong at BoD :) he's an alright guy

But since it's your thread m2k trust me there's gonna be a lotta spam ~_~ I'll keep an eye on it

"Today, 03:43 AM " haha

Faith

Smash Apprentice
On the dutch boards there was some discussion about hosting a big international tourney in the netherlands. I guess Marc or someone will reply in here sooner or later with more info about it.

Scar

#HarveyDent
i think he's counting on big numbers b/c he would be flying over to get there

i would think that all the hardcore european smashers would want to come out for that tbh

Blad01

Smash Lord

Utto

Commander Keen
BRoomer
First of all, the Dutch tournament Faith is talking about is dead and probably won't happen.

Second, as others have pointed out before me, we rarely have 200+ tournaments around here. I've been around for six years now and I can only recall one (ESA2). At this point, your best bet would probably be TSL4 in France or Kone's tournament in England (not confirmed yet). I don't think you are going to make big money over here though, we simply don't have the resources some American tournament have.

Now of course loads of European smashers would like to see you play the likes of Amsah, so if you are really serious about this I'm sure we could work something out (like planning several mid-sized tournaments close together). Also, most smashers would be more than happy to help you out with things like housing, food and transportation if you'd want to save some money in that area. Anyway, sticking to this thread only probably isn't going to get you anywhere since it will most likely be flooded with spam, so I suggest you contant Marc and discuss your plans with him (you could even do it in the backroom).

Anyway, it would be awesome to see you over here. Even if you don't get much Smash, the experience will still be worth it I'm sure.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Expecting several events back to back close to each other with over 200 attendants is just not realistic. Although most (if not all) American regions have a smash scene, the same can not be said for all European countries.

We had plans for a big Dutch summer tournament at some point, but it would all depend on a few people that just don't have the time right now to deal with the preparations for something like that. We could always get a smaller event going, but we can't deliver big stuff this year. There will be some tournaments in the (early) summer, and I'm hoping Kone will pull through with his event. He's a reliable host and could definitely do it.

EDIT: Nice timing, Utto.;)

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I like the fact that Kone is seen as reliable and that he is from the UK.
It would be good for there to be a European tourn for lazy people like me and so I can **** everyone in my homeland. I would like to apologize for the **** I am going to supply at the event to people and make sure they know it is not personal.
UK BABY, UK!

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
I think TSL4 is the best option, very few people of spain is going right now, but WAY more would come if other european countries and some top players from America came.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
guys quite honestly, August is my only real chance to do this, so please make a really big one then. That's in 5 months from now, and I have no plans for then (I don't have a passport so I can't really do other dates). I'm saying this 5 months in advance so you all know about it and hopefully can make something really big around then. Otherwise I probably can't/won't go

also please make it a REALLY big tourney, whatever one had the highest attendance in the past or something I guess, just make another one. I need brawl to be in it too, since brawl is more reliable money for me since I never really get worse/rusty in it.

Vegard

Smash Lord
guys quite honestly, August is my only real chance to do this, so please make a really big one then. That's in 5 months from now, and I have no plans for then (I don't have a passport so I can't really do other dates). I'm saying this 5 months in advance so you all know about it and hopefully can make something really big around then. Otherwise I probably can't/won't go

also please make it a REALLY big tourney, whatever one had the highest attendance in the past or something I guess, just make another one. I need brawl to be in it too, since brawl is more reliable money for me since I never really get worse/rusty in it.
Ok, you're good and everything, but no tourney is confirmed for that period of time yet, so you want Europe to settle down a big *** tournament just for you?

I like it :p

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Super Lion 4 is in August... The Super Lion tournaments have had usually around 100 people I think (correct me if I'm wrong..) although it seems this year a hell of a lot more people are interested and it will be a 3 day event as well. =D

Ryuker

Smash Lord

I've never read a more egocentric post in my life :S. Tourney's like these don't pop out of the ground you know? They don't grow on tree's every year. We have to plan them and a lot of people are involved in organizing them and running them smoothly. And they cost money and time...

The tourney's planned have already been posted. If a host decides to do another one we'll post it. But we can't host a 200 man tourney just cause you and scar wanna come over :S.

Judging by your post you want all the europians to march over to 1 spot just cause your going to be there with scar? On top of that it has to be 200 man tourney so you earn your trip back? And 2 of those 1 week apart O.o. And what will happen if you somehow lose to amsah and co?

You want 200 man to turn up 2 weeks in a row in a fading scene that is losing players? The next couple of weeks are gonne be some of the most exciting weeks in the melee scene we had for a long time.

Bottom line.. Learn a bit of respect!!

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
looool It's funny how Mew2king REALLY thinks that people will suddenly put in some massive effort now that he has said that he MIGHT arrive to an event.
He is living in some fantasy world in his head, like people will suddenly change plans for him.
Lets have a all melee event where ever it is lol..

Faab

Smash Ace
So many worthless posts.

If you're only reason to visit europe is to win a big 200+ mixed european tournament and nothing else, then you might aswell stop making plans for this since it isn't happening. What could be doable is a 150 man tournament if there is a venue for it. So just go for the fun, the culture (traveling europe for 2 weeks or so) and win you're money back with a smaller tournament (which will most likely include the best of europe).

VA

Smash Hero
I also extend that I won't be participating in anything smash related for sometime. This inculdes the notion of a european tournament. I have applied, and, been accepted to teach in poland for the summer.
Ed's tournament is not happening. What's the problem with everyone going to Tournoi du Super Lion 4?

Mew2King

King of the Mews
wow lol i didn't think with 5 months advance notice it would be hard to have a huge tourney at any point in august. Didn't know there was specific times that these tourneys could be held, I figured an ENTIRE month during summer break would give a wide margin of picking a date. I heard several big tourenys happened just recently in Europe, and these aren't even during summer break (I am assuming europeans are also mostly on break during summer like americans are) so I don't see why it is such hassle to have a large one around august. That's 5 months from now

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
loool Oh sorry I just realized it was 5 months.
I will get to work to host an entire tournament just for you to come over here with 300-350 people attending just to guarantee your arrival with £20 entry to melee and about £30 for brawl since you for more comfortable in that so you get loads of money.
Please can I start tommorow because I really need a rest today as I have been working so hard and I would really appreciate it if you gave me the permission to do so?

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
wow lol i didn't think with 5 months advance notice it would be hard to have a huge tourney at any point in august. Didn't know there was specific times that these tourneys could be held, I figured an ENTIRE month during summer break would give a wide margin of picking a date. I heard several big tourenys happened just recently in Europe, and these aren't even during summer break (I am assuming europeans are also mostly on break during summer like americans are) so I don't see why it is such hassle to have a large one around august. That's 5 months from now
The point is that the smash community is getting smaller by the day. It would probably be impossible to organise a huge tournament without taking financial risks and getting problems with getting every good player there. If you really want to come here for fun etc. instead of for making money there's no problem. There will probably be a lot of tournament in the Netherlands. What if Amsah beats you at Melee and you underestimated Dutch Brawl players and lose the GF? Then neither Scar or you will have the money you wanted and you came here without making money. So I recommend just coming here to visit the good players and play some smaller tournaments.

By the way, I think you're being very egocentric. I have no idea why we should organise a tournament because of you. You don't play PAL and aren't used to it. You aren't even the best player in the world. There's absolutely no reason why we should do this, even if you were the best player in the world.

porc

Smash Journeyman
Even if for now Super Lion 4 is limited to 96 participants, we're working on having a second venue (right next to the first one) and be able to receive a lot more people. M2K or not :p

It's only an idea for now, i'll keep you up to date soon.

king_NDj247

Smash Ace
A possible solution to this would be to contact a gaming company and see if we cld get a funded tournament.

We would have to show that we can get a decent turn out so i recommend getting a petition signed to show how many people wld be interested.

It cld then be advertised in there shops and since it would be over a couple of days the turn out would be huge only problem would be getting ppl within Europe to fly over to the host country and finding a large easy accessible venue it would just require alot of planning and alot of NO FLAKES

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Peter just blocked Neutral.

Owned hard.

He also beat him on brawl, for on topic.

Askeflink

Smash Journeyman
Super Lion in France, Unnamed Tournament of Doom in Sweden. Two mid-large tournaments in August getting warmed up until you arrive. And if you join the Dutch up to the Netherlands, they'll for sure host a nice little tournament in between.(small country, lot of great players) Happy?

Zephynazo

Zobaia -Deus- Ariana
Check out Yuna's tournament in August this summer. He says it can take up to 300 people. Tho only problem (for M2K) is that the entry fee will be set to very low. But at least it's going to be a giant tournament =)

Top Bottom