• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Big secret muscles

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Agreed^. I've found myself starting to centralize around down-b, always looking for situations to trap opponents with it. 15% is a lot of damage, and down-b is probably the easiest move to land on a cautious opponent. Not impossible to follow up after either :).

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
Agreed^. I've found myself starting to centralize around down-b, always looking for situations to trap opponents with it. 15% is a lot of damage, and down-b is probably the easiest move to land on a cautious opponent. Not impossible to follow up after either :).
Well, I'm pretty sure all DKs do this(no offense if you don't lol)

Grab>D throw> Dtilt(into trip)> Ground pound= 31% starting combo?

:dk2:

Omari

Smash Journeyman
Watch yourself Will when playing against Boss (all smashers, but mainly Boss) because you can count on it that he's definitely watching repeats.

Cable

Smash Lord
I'm 2-0 with Boss IHOP we must go!

But Will use alot of d-tilt when you see him jump bair away dont let luigi get inside plz don't Boss is crazy with the combos and do alot of the Up-B tricks he hates them LOL!

btw Dajayman you havnt heard me scream I think im the loudest person in the community ask my region how I am

DKwill

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3497-1934-6087
Boss kept gettin hit by that down-b!
but then we mm'd and he won

Good luck Will
I'm 2-0 with Boss IHOP we must go!

But Will use alot of d-tilt when you see him jump bair away dont let luigi get inside plz don't Boss is crazy with the combos and do alot of the Up-B tricks he hates them LOL!

btw Dajayman you havnt heard me scream I think im the loudest person in the community ask my region how I am
Thanks so much guys! I'm going to take all of your advice to heart <3 And I just found out I'm playing on the main VGBootCamp recording setup vs Boss. Ahhhhhhhh this is getting me so hyped/nervous! I can't wait now =)

http://vgbootcamp.com/content.php?33-Pound-V-Pools

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
jab>shoryuken isn't guaranteed on DK.

when he jabs you, the worst he can do is d-smash or grab

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
yeah, I think a few others.

just don't hold up when he gets in. otherwise it might be

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
Probably just a shield. It's better to do the shield and possibly get grabbed then try to counterattack and get FJP'd imo.

Obviously it's best that you keep that silly plumber away with DK's beastly range. :dk2:

Do work Will!!! <3

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
If it's not guaranteed what do I have time to do? Bc he might still go for it lol, he's done it before.
you have time to roll. during the 2 frames that everyone is vulnerable for before their roll luigi's up-b always coins. even if it's a sweet spot. it doesn't shoryuken

crifer

Smash Lord
And remember, all of DK's tilts break fireballs, up+B can go through or cancel them out, and jabs also break them.
"break" is the wrong term since it gives you frame disadvantage against mario... Will,
watch out that he won´t take a advantage of your moves that cancel out his fireballs.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
"break" is the wrong term since it gives you frame disadvantage against mario... Will,
watch out that he won´t take a advantage of your moves that cancel out his fireballs.
Mario's lag with the fireball is a decent amount of frames as well, so as long as you aren't right in his face, you should be ok, fighting my friend who mains Mario, I am 90% positive tilting a fireball hasn't gotten me punished so long as I'm spaced.

ardirok

Smash Apprentice
Good luck Will!

I really wanted to go to pound5 :(

Someday I hope to meet all the DK mains xD

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
I'm by far the most entertaining DK main.

By far the nicest Peach main.

:peach:
:dk2:

That greedy Peach, always on top.

:peach:

Chaosgriffin

Smash Ace
yeah, jab up b does not work, he can jab grab, jab down smash, jab ftilt, jab dtilt then upb at high %'s only like 120+

watch for rolls and down b to get inside, and swat his fireballs away

DKwill

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3497-1934-6087
Thanks everyone! I'll be sure to clash the fireballs with tilts. Luigi's fireballs are much slower than Mario's so using jab is a little tricker since jab does not last as long the tilts. I played Kirin's Luigi today as practice and 3 stocked it by doing nothing but d-tilt/down b to keep him out and b-air edge guarding lol. I got thissss.

Omari

Smash Journeyman
Thanks everyone! I'll be sure to clash the fireballs with tilts. Luigi's fireballs are much slower than Mario's so using jab is a little tricker since jab does not last as long the tilts. I played Kirin's Luigi today as practice and 3 stocked it by doing nothing but d-tilt/down b to keep him out and b-air edge guarding lol. I got thissss.
Did you play my Luigi? 10upBs.
Since Kirin's giving you free Luigi practice, I'll even the fight by giving Boss free DK practice ; )!

Omari

Smash Journeyman
Haha! Kirin doesn't really play Luigi, but he's the only practice I can really get until this Saturday. And we only played one round =P
You do know Boss can go either way (Mario Bros.), right? Nah but on some real ****? I'm cheering for both of you guys!!!

Top Bottom