• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bidoof Academy - Pokémon Trainer Q+A Thread

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
yeah if i'm gary, and AD is ash, pmirl is definitely professor oak

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
I like Ash, Gary, etc., etc., but I really like Red the most. I love the Pokemon Manga.

Anyway, thanks for the help. I hope to be around the Pokemon Trainer boards more often. He is probably going to be my main. I love Sonic, but the Pokemon game has always been my favorite. So, why not use him, right? Yeah...

Bomber7

Smash Hero
How do you play as a fast pokeon trainer? I see on all the PT vids that you guys can move as if it were nothing and every move is precise and fast as well. When I play everything is slow. I know its my own fault cuz I though TL as that at first then as time went by he became faster to me and it didnt seem as laggy. but anyways, how do I play as a fast pokemon triainer? Do i just keep playing and practicing and as I get familiarized more with PT I will know what to do and eventually I wont have to worry about being a slowpoke?

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
yeah you have to just get familiar with your character. once you are, you'll know what to do in each situation, and as a result you'll play "faster".

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
it's a struggle to get familiar with pt because it's three characters that you can't even play a whole match with (without hacks) so it takes work. but you'll get there.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
>.>

I really dont mind. I knew the big responcibility of taking on PT as my main. I'm willing. He's too fun to frop just because hes the most difficult person to master....asside from falcon.

DemonFart

Smash Lord
yeah but PT is cooler then falcon so it doesn't matter.
god I love PT so much now.
only thing is...i dont wanna lose wario.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I asked Reflex on my Trainer Tips thread to give a summary on spacing for PT. I'm hoping he will reply and give his opinion and knowledge on the matter but I also want to get any one of y'all side of it, just incase something more is listed here, so I can add tothe tip. :)

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
Alright, I am needing some help again. Haha. How do I get better spacing with Ivysaur. I know "practice" but be more specific. Against another person, just brawling, or training?

Also, I think I am needing some help with my Charizard. I just can't connect with my hits, which results in getting punished for missing. Any other help that you can give me there? Should I be trying a different style of fighting with Charizard?

Toby.

Smash Master
Reviving sonic discussion several pages back because I missed it and feel like posting :p

From my experiences the only semi effective anti sonic strategy with ivysaur is a **** load of nair, dtilt and the occasional bair.

Almost everything else gets destroyed really easily. Tis sad times. Bullet seed is riskier than usual as well do to his insane punishing capabilities.

soz if i derailed anything

oh and uair can be ok sometimes as well, just don't try and use it through an aerial spin charge.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Alright, I am needing some help again. Haha. How do I get better spacing with Ivysaur. I know "practice" but be more specific. Against another person, just brawling, or training?

Also, I think I am needing some help with my Charizard. I just can't connect with my hits, which results in getting punished for missing. Any other help that you can give me there? Should I be trying a different style of fighting with Charizard?
Charz's grabbing is a beast(like him). Use it alot but dont over use it where it's obvius that you are gona grab. I'm begining to pick up spacing with Charz due to his flame tip. dear god that thing is awsome, you'd be amazed as to what knock back it has at a low % and it can kill at a decently lower-mid %.

keep a mixture of physical and special attacks, I found it works quite well. I would suggest starting off on training mode and practicing his bair and other airs, as well as different combos like doing charz's nair and instantly following up with neutral A. also practice you flying, practice flying down onto the stage and then floowing up with a smash attack like F-smash, you get no lag and it follows up instantly, you can use C-stick for it if you like. I cant think of anymore to say other than go to training mode and go experiment.

DemonFart

Smash Lord
I see the general idea of training mode but in reality, the opponent wont stay still or have a computer play style. so actually, he wont know if the moves he performed would actually work on a human player. I suggest doing some friendlies since its actually against a human player.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I see the general idea of training mode but in reality, the opponent wont stay still or have a computer play style. so actually, he wont know if the moves he performed would actually work on a human player. I suggest doing some friendlies since its actually against a human player.
well Training mode and trying out moves is just the first step. Once you get used to them you go and friendly people and experiment on a higher level, eventually you go off to tournies and do the same thing on a even higher level. When your arent playing in a tourny, oyu go back down to friendly level and keep fighting and experimenting until you find what works.

hdrevolution123

Smash Ace
well Training mode and trying out moves is just the first step. Once you get used to them you go and friendly people and experiment on a higher level, eventually you go off to tournies and do the same thing on a even higher level. When your arent playing in a tourny, oyu go back down to friendly level and keep fighting and experimenting until you find what works.
Oh yeah. I forgot you were a PT main

Bomber7

Smash Hero
@HD- yeah TL is my second main. I'm just taking a break for a while, which is why I am here, to get tips and info that will better my PT game.

DemonFart

Smash Lord
oh well that makes sense.
i still have yet to go to a tourney, i wanna go to one and represent PT.

Yoshi-Kirby

Smash Journeyman
oh well that makes sense.
i still have yet to go to a tourney, i wanna go to one and represent PT.
Representing PT is gonna be hard. Not many people take him seriously cuz of his lack of representation and postion on tier list. I main Lucas, but secondary PT, so it's gonna be really hard to go to irl and people to take me seriously. The last tourney I went to though, I placed pretty high with Lucas. I hope you do the same with PT.

Pichu Sensei

Smash Apprentice
Dear PkmMasterIRL,

My name is Pichu Sensei, and I've been experiencing difficulties while playing with your product. It seems that whenever I play as pokemon trainer, I get my butt kicked by Meta Knights. Now usually this wouldn't be a problem, but I've noticed a strange increase in the number of Meta Knight players that I face. My question is, why is everyone starting to play as Meta Knight and how can I use Pokemon Trainer to stop it?

From your not so distant cousin,

Peechew S3nsaoiw!

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Dear PkmMasterIRL,

My name is Pichu Sensei, and I've been experiencing difficulties while playing with your product. It seems that whenever I play as pokemon trainer, I get my butt kicked by Meta Knights. Now usually this wouldn't be a problem, but I've noticed a strange increase in the number of Meta Knight players that I face. My question is, why is everyone starting to play as Meta Knight and how can I use Pokemon Trainer to stop it?

Peechew S3nsaoiw!
People are using Meta Knight all the time because he's completely obliterating the tournament scene and has no bad match-ups whatsoever.

Let me clarify that: if you are Meta Knight and are facing anyone other than another Meta Knight, you will be at an advantage.

That's why everyone has been using him lately.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Dear PkmMasterIRL,

Peechew S3nsaoiw!
Being beaten by MK cant be helped. All you got to do for now is fight like the Red army during WWII, leave no MK alive. No mercy, take it to their land, their blood. (ok bad reference) but really man, show no mercy fight like a wild beast, a cornered fox or something. Dont even give MK a chance to breath. Even if you lose, feel good about the way you fough, know that you went all out.

hdrevolution123

Smash Ace
Being beaten by MK cant be helped. All you got to do for now is fight like the Red army during WWII, leave no MK alive. No mercy, take it to their land, their blood. (ok bad reference) but really man, show no mercy fight like a wild beast, a cornered fox or something. Dont even give MK a chance to breath. Even if you lose, feel good about the way you fough, know that you went all out.
Good analogy man

Miles.

Smash Champion
Dear PkmMasterIRL,

Peechew S3nsaoiw!
Charizard is a MK counter.

Top Bottom