• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bidoof Academy - Pokémon Trainer Q+A Thread

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Well. Chaos Sauske Bowser is gona get a shot at those goggles when Sudai goes on I think it's crews. Cuz he's gona be making a trip around the country in a clockwise motion I think he said. so if anyone is gona be rubbing in our faces how they got those goggles its Sauske, though I have no confidense in him I dont think he's that good. And if he does, if anyone is gona receive the most mock and ridicule, its me cuz I'm the one who got all excited about challanging Sudai to the match and being over excited and pronouncing too all my friends that I could get Santi's goggles: now form fitted with godly TL and ROB powers =D

chaos11011

Smash Lord
NNID
IDSeason
lucky if only if i can fly over there (like charzard) so i can get a shot.ButT_T i have no transportation or im not good enough TT_TT

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Well, where exactly is Boca Raton? is it at the southern most tip? is it on the Atlantic side? or is it on the panhandle side, close to alabama? or is it smack dab in the middle of Florida? Cuz maybe on Sudai's return trip FL will be one of his last stops.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
ahhh.... maybe later this year you can look around and see if a tourny is nearby, maybe sudai will be there. or maybe plan a road trip to the tourny sudai is going to, with a bunch or friends. Though I dont want to start a nation wide war against Sudai. But Sudaio said he wants to lose those goggles on the east coast, so if I lose I'm gona respect those wishes. either way, if I won, those things would go with him for crews. I just want those goggles for a while to try them out. I changed my mind about keeping them. So yeah, they will go cross country win or lose =D

Bomber7

Smash Hero
we have it in a chat room. sorry about the spam, and I'll get on the ROB match up some other time maybe in the next day or so cuz I wana learn about that. =D

Miles.

Smash Champion
Sonic ***** Ivysaur pretty bad.

That is the most useful thing I learned at my last tourney.

The guy playing Sonic plays against AD a lot and after our match he was like "Lol AD always switches to Zard, I was wondering why you left Ivy in."

My Ivy got *****.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
ya? thats interesting IRL. we should consider changing it to disadvantage ivy.

Bestiarius

Smash Ace
I thought Ivy could hold his own against Sonic. Doesn't he outrange Sonic? I thought projectiles could be used for good spacing, but if Sonic got inside, he could combo Ivy like a fiend.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
unless you have laserz

what about using lots of nair up close? the lack of range shouldn't matter that much, you won't get getting totally outprioritized that much. the important thing is that it comes out fast and ends fast. same with bair but that move doesn't do much

Tenki

Smash Hero
I was messing around online with Ivy's B-airs and stuff.

Sure, Ivysaur can outrange/space with a rising B-air, but all it takes is like, a shield tap and you can close distance while Ivy's still falling. It has really little shield stun, which didn't really feel very consequential, until I did a SH B-air, didn't fastfall, and had it shielded --> dashgrabbed by a Falcon.

edit:
yeah, Sonic is pretty much > almost any projectile spam.

PK Fire? if he shields it, he can dash attack and get a free hit. Wolf lasers? Shield 2, and bam, grab range.

Falco SHDL? He can close distance while Falco's rising, and just have to avoid the laser shot while landing, so if Falco wants to laser spam, he'd better be on a stage that gives him lower ground, or just stay on the floor, but grounded laser spam < spinshot (fast-moving insta-double jump).

Honestly, almost everyone > projectiles, provided you can shield and powershield, but the most awesome part about using Sonic for that is that he covers so much more distance than anyone else in the lag time before the second projectile(s) can come out.

Bestiarius

Smash Ace
I thought if Sonic is above Ivy he gets *****, like just about anybody over Ivy does.

On another note, how many frames per second? I'm trying to test some stuff and don't know this.

Miles.

Smash Champion
I thought if Sonic is above Ivy he gets *****, like just about anybody over Ivy does.

On another note, how many frames per second? I'm trying to test some stuff and don't know this.
Sonic isnt going to be above you much...

And what about frames?

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Ok so I have my tourny tommorow and I'm goign agaisnt Sudai and he plays ROB. I'm interested to hear what you guys have to say about that match up for tips, what to do and not to do. I do have one idea though with squirtle to keep ROB in a pressure game and it involves water gun. I just plan on spamming water gun while he is recovering cuz I know Sudai likes do do some edge games and go under the stage and stuff. It's an idea, no idea if it would work, but I'm thinking a continuous wave of water gun would eventually ware out his revovery.

Bestiarius

Smash Ace
I'm not saying Sonic would be over Ivy much, but Adriel just said he could just jump over Ivy, and I thought that would be akin to suicide. My question was, how many frames are in one second?

Adriel

Smash Journeyman
umm let's just say the poketrainer vs sonic match-up is like the poketrainer vs meta match-up.

Bestiarius

Smash Ace
First of all, Zeph, I don't have any vids up, so you can't definitively say he's better than me. secondly, he probably is, so I don't need you to point it out.

hdrevolution123

Smash Ace
Staying the same char between deaths

Hey mate, how do you stay the same char with PT as you were after dying? Is it possible? I've seen some PT players do this somehow. How do you do it? I die as Squirtle and wanna stay as Squirtle than having to down-B twice.

Thanks

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
hd you need hacks to do that.

agreeing with the "sonic is ****ing annoying" sentiment. sonic matches take sooooooo loooooooooong. you should switch as much as possible imo, stamina is more of a problem with sonic than with most characters.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Hey mate, how do you stay the same char with PT as you were after dying? Is it possible? I've seen some PT players do this somehow. How do you do it? I die as Squirtle and wanna stay as Squirtle than having to down-B twice.

Thanks
...... hack brawl?

hdrevolution123

Smash Ace
hd you need hacks to do that.

agreeing with the "sonic is ****ing annoying" sentiment. sonic matches take sooooooo loooooooooong. you should switch as much as possible imo, stamina is more of a problem with sonic than with most characters.
Wait are you referring to my PT against a Sonic or me being Sonic because my avatar contains Sonic? If so why does PT have to switch as much as possible if he's just one char? Is Sonic a particularly bad matchup for PT? I PWN'd a really good PT player the other day with Meta Knight. He tried Ivysaur on my, Charizard and I destroyed his Squirtle. Is the MK PT matchup also quite bad?

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
Alright. I have a question. And it may be because PT is my secondary, not my main. But, here it goes...

The Pokemon get fatigued after 2:00 minutes. Also, take away time for special moves, etc. Right? Well, I know that it actually affects PT pretty good. But, in which ways EXACTLY? I would really like to know if I should change, or just let this Pokemon go down to have a fresh one come to the start. I play all three Pokemon, not just main one.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Alright. I have a question. And it may be because PT is my secondary, not my main. But, here it goes...

The Pokemon get fatigued after 2:00 minutes. Also, take away time for special moves, etc. Right? Well, I know that it actually affects PT pretty good. But, in which ways EXACTLY? I would really like to know if I should change, or just let this Pokemon go down to have a fresh one come to the start. I play all three Pokemon, not just main one.
Congratulations, you just asked one of the most difficult and context-dependent questions you could have possibly asked about Pokemon Trainer.

Whole guides could be (and have been) written on the best (and worst) times to change Pokemon. It's absolutely impossible to give a straight answer to this question, and it is part of the calculations and strategizing all PT mains have to make constantly.

For instance, if I'm at mid-percentage against Bowser with Ivysaur and KO him, I'd generally find it much safer to stay as Ivysaur rather than change, because fatigue has very little effect on Ivysaur at low percentages, and he'll rack up significant damage against Bowser at the start of the next stock.

Conversely, if I'm fighting Sheik with Ivysaur at a high percentage, I will almost certainly change when I get a safe chance to do so. Sheik has a mean off-stage game, something Ivy fears. Conversely, a fresh Charizard will be somewhat difficult for her to take out, and will be able to tank that stock more effectively than Ivysaur can, possibly surviving past 150% for some time and racking up serious damage.

It is a VERY situational question to ask.

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
Congratulations, you just asked one of the most difficult and context-dependent questions you could have possibly asked about Pokemon Trainer.

Whole guides could be (and have been) written on the best (and worst) times to change Pokemon. It's absolutely impossible to give a straight answer to this question, and it is part of the calculations and strategizing all PT mains have to make constantly.

For instance, if I'm at mid-percentage against Bowser with Ivysaur and KO him, I'd generally find it much safer to stay as Ivysaur rather than change, because fatigue has very little effect on Ivysaur at low percentages, and he'll rack up significant damage against Bowser at the start of the next stock.

Conversely, if I'm fighting Sheik with Ivysaur at a high percentage, I will almost certainly change when I get a safe chance to do so. Sheik has a mean off-stage game, something Ivy fears. Conversely, a fresh Charizard will be somewhat difficult for her to take out, and will be able to tank that stock more effectively than Ivysaur can, possibly surviving past 150% for some time and racking up serious damage.

It is a VERY situational question to ask.
Ok. Basically, just however I feel about the situation myself? That seems pretty straightforward. Thanks for the help. I wasn't really sure if there was a "certain" way to do it, ya know? But, thanks. This seems like a Prof. Oak style forum. Haha.

DemonFart

Smash Lord
Ok. Basically, just however I feel about the situation myself? That seems pretty straightforward. Thanks for the help. I wasn't really sure if there was a "certain" way to do it, ya know? But, thanks. This seems like a Prof. Oak style forum. Haha.
dude...that gives me an idea.
pokemonmasterirl change the title to " ask professor oak a question" lol.

Top Bottom