• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best smashes

• Thread starter Deleted member 189823
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 189823

What would the best smash attacks be?

I'd say the best Up-Smash is Zelda's, as it has 6 frames startup and it's pretty strong.
Best F-Smash would have to be Wario's. It has an alright startup (9 frames), good knockback and SUPER ARMOR frames even if the range isn't too good.
Best D-Smash is obviously MK's, being extremely fast on startup and combining a decent amount of knockback.

It's up for arguement, by the way.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Best usmash is probably Olimar's
Fsmash...either Wario's or Lucario's
Dsmash...damn this one is hard. They're all so different. MK/Snake/ZSS/Wolf.

D

Deleted member 189823

I'd choose Olimar's, but it's kind of pikmin-dependent. And I've heard that Fox and Olimar's are about tied as the first best. But how many frames of startup does it have? I choose Zelda's over Fox because a 4-frame advantage makes it easier to land...and it only kills about 20% later.
What does Lucario's F-Smash got to it? I thought it was rather slow.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Just because it's slow, doesn't mean it's not a good move.
Slow moves are generally still good if they have good range and are safe on shield (eg Lucario fsmash, MK fsmash, ZSS dsmash).

D

Deleted member 189823

But it's horribly weak on default (assuming this is what we're talking about).

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Olimar's usmash is not pikmin dependant besides white. Maybe a tiny bit of % difference but usmash kills soooo soon with Olimar

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
The knockback is definitely Pikmin dependent, and I know that yellow usmash (yellow moves in general) have ridiculous range on them.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I meant Olimar's usmash is still the best even if its still just red/blue pikmin.

Combos into itself at low % (yellow denies the combo though) and kills at a very good %

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Lucarios Fsmash is crazy. I'm afraid of Lucario because of that move. It's safe and has such a long lingering hitbox to it.
Dsmash I'd say is hard to tell because of all the different ones, but ZSS and MK are top.
Usmash is like Fox or something.

Alberto1866

Smash Journeyman
Even at low percents Lucario's Fsmash works great as a wall and with his aura boost you don't have to worry much about staling it, you can still generally kill at around 100-120%.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Zelda's down smash. Activates sooner than MK's and also has a nice knockback angle :)

D

Deleted member 189823

Zelda's down smash. Activates sooner than MK's and also has a nice knockback angle :)
MK's D-Smash is only 1 frame slower and is stronger. :p
Although Zelda's is pretty good as it tends to get them by surprise, making them fail their DI.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
...?
Not really...if you're on the ground against a grounded Zelda and you're worried about getting killed, you should be holding up.
It DIs dsmash properly, causes you to SDI out of fsmash and only a few characters can SDI out of usmash anyway...and you have enough time to react to that to change your DI to left/right

Pheta Ray

Smash Ace
Usmash - :zelda:
Fsmash - :wario:
Dsmash - :ike:

The sole reason I say Ike for Dsmash is because of the power inside of the move. Sure, it's a pretty slow move, but Ike is a slow character. Wario for best Fsmash is obvious. Zelda's Usmash is probably the best I've seen because it hits you so many times, and it has a potential for good knockback.

GanonPwner

Smash Rookie
Usmash=Fox (Arguably the best in the game)
Fsmash=Wario, DAT SA!
Dsmash=Tbh I see Falco's and Fox's to be better. No, start up lag and very little ending lag, Fast and very powerful move.

Zekeishere

Smash Ace
Lol at Fox/Falco/Ike's D smashes being good.

U smash is either Fox(cause its range, speed, and KO potential), or Olimar.
F smash I like the idea of Lucario here. Cause its so easy to throw out. I'm trying to think of a punishing f smash but I just come up with Pit so... I'll go ahead and give this to Lucario.
D smash is pretty much MKs > Wolfs > anyone else I can think of.

Myollnir

Smash Ace
Yeah ZSS has the best D-Smash imo.
I don't know about the F-Smashes (MK, Lucario, Olimar, Wario...)
Up Smash? I don't know which one to decide between Fox, Olimar, and Charizard. Probably Fox.

Bobwithlobsters

Smash Journeyman
I think there is more to olimar's up smash then just it that makes it good. If bowser were to have it I don't think it would even really go over his head. It's olimar's size ground control and ground mobility that make his up smash so good. Just fits his character perfect. Not necessarily the best up smash if you don't have the olimar using it

edit: I just keep seeing bowser tossing pikman up just a little past his head like he doesn't know how to throw. Just such a funny mental image.
:phone:

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Comes out quickly, low cooldown, has ridiculous range when yellow and still good range otherwise, ridiculous knockback on purples and still good knockback otherwise (except for whites) and does good damage.

D

Deleted member 189823

Lol at Fox/Falco/Ike's D smashes being good.
Fox's D-Smash is pretty decent. It has similiar knockback angle to Zelda's D-Smash and comes out as early as frame 6. It doesn't KO from the center, but it can kill from the edge pretty well.

I'd say Wolf has the best D-Smash. Comes out fast, kills early, and can also hit characters that are hanging on the edge.
MK's isn't very good. It may come out super quick but it's pretty weak.
Wolf's is better. ZSS' too
But MK's D-Smash is only slightly weaker than Wolf's, and to make up for it, it comes at at frame 5 vs. Wolf's 9 frames. Maybe I'm not getting the knockback angles well in this one, so correct me if I'm wrong.

As for ZSS' D-Smash - I don't think it's that good. It may allow cool follow-ups like B-Air, U-Air or another D-Smash, but it's kind of slow. I can easily punish it with Wario's N-Air OOS or even F-Smash OOS.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
I can tell already you've never played a good ZSS before.
Yeah it's slow. It's also transcendent with huge disjoint and safe on block. A good ZSS isn't going to use it in a position where Wario will be able to punish it with nair/fsmash OoS before it comes out -.-

-LzR-

Smash Hero
ZSS is dsmash is totally on another level compared to other dsmashes in this game. It's ridiculous.

D

Deleted member 189823

I can tell already you've never played a good ZSS before.
Yeah it's slow. It's also transcendent with huge disjoint and safe on block. A good ZSS isn't going to use it in a position where Wario will be able to punish it with nair/fsmash OoS before it comes out -.-
That's offensive to the ZSS players I've played. I've punished it before, that doesn't mean they always throw it out unsafely.

D

Deleted member 189823

Which ZSS players have you played?
I haven't played noticeable players like NickRiddle and/or Salem, which are way more than just "good", anyway.
You wouldn't recognize them even if I told you. We're not from the U.S, and we're just Mid-level players.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
If you go with knockback, it's wolf. If you go with more damage and possible juggling, i'd say ZSS
:wolf:'s doesn't have significant knockback. People just don't DI it well unless they're top level players.
Just imagine ZSS dsmash + Ivysaur usmash
Genius!

I summon Reflex to see if he's done this before.

Usmash: :olimar:
Fsmash: :gw:
Dsmash: :zerosuitsamus: or :metaknight:

As someone who uses :wolf: lemme tell ya that Dsmash does not kill people because it's so hard to land on someone at top level of play. At mid level it's great. It's only a sure fired move to hit if someone is over the edge and hasn't gotten the ledge yet. :metaknight:'s Dsmash is so fast and the 2nd hit kills earlier then :wolf:'s Dsmash as far as I know having used :metaknight: for years. :zerosuitsamus:'s Dsmash is just combo city and it's relatively safe on block. :gw: Fsmash is the ultimate punisher/kill move and it probably is the "safest" (Due to it's quickness compared to :dedede:'s/:ike:'s) Fsmash kill move.

:018:

Top Bottom