• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best of What in NorCal 2007

HomeMadeWaffles

Smash Lord
chok did this post about a year so i guess i'd update i guess so ppl can place thier opinions on who has the best of wut if they do so soo0o0o0o... yea place ur opionions!!!!

here's mine

Best Doc-Bob$

Mario-Foxroar

Luigi-Meep

Peach-Hella/Frotaz

Yoshi-Park

DK-Mexican

Bowswer-Lucien

Falcon-Isai/SilentSpectre

Ganondorf-Frotaz

Falco-Falcomist/Zhu

Fox-LuninSpectra/Tang

Ness-Simna

Kirby-Warp $tar Warrior

Zelda-Kawn

Shiek-BTZO

Ice Climbers-Choknater

Samus-Narfanator(No Darkmike:()

Link-Germ

YLink-Kizzo

Jiggly-King

Pikachu-Bob$

Roy-Zelgadis

Marth-Bob$/Meep

Mewtwo-Quak

Pichu-Delphiki

Mr. Game and Watch-Snap

DRGN

Technowizard
Hey this is neat. But will it be closed I wonder?

Oh well, maybe not, so I'll join in!

Ok, looking down the list:

No offense to to tc1, but my man Catnip has a better Mario. tc1 just doesn't keep up that practice.

I'm pretty confident my Kirby is better than Warp $tar's. I've seen his work, and, to be frank, I'm just not that impressed (I think he has poor choices on attacks sometimes. and doesn't have the best game with his bair). T!mmy even complimented me on my Kirby, :D. (the other day I beat my crew's best falco and best marth with Kirby, I realize that doesn't tell you a lot but oh well, I was happy about it, lol, plus I get to tease them now haha (Kirby beating Marth? wtf that should never happen! lol))

I'd like to debate best Zelda & Samus, but I haven't been out there playing those guys in a while, so I don't really know anything there with much certainty.

Zoap

Smash Master
No offense Drgn but beating your crewmates doesnt make you better, esp since W$W beat Bob$ in friendlies and recently placed 5th in a tournament using Kirby. I've never seen you use kirby b4 in my life and I doubt youd ever in tournament. Also just cuz T!mmy said he liked your kirby doesnt mean its the best. Also Narfs samus is better than yours no question. And although Kawn does not play as much his Zelda remains better than yours. I have no comment on the TC1 comment but I've never seen Catnip use Mario b4 in tournament so I dunno about that even.

Best Doc-Bob$, HMW is def second though

Mario-Foxroar(He took a round off SS wit mario in tourney once)

Luigi-Meep pssh no question there

Peach-Hella/Frotaz/Zoap

Yoshi-Park again no question

DK-Mexican wow no question

Bowswer-Lucien(he is really good)

Falcon-Isai/SilentSpectre

Ganondorf-Mr.Ganondorf

Falco-Falcomist/Zhu/Snap

Fox-LuninSpectra/Tang

Ness-Simna although he is lame :)

Kirby-Warp $tar Warrior

Zelda-Kawn

Shiek-Isai/BTZO

Ice Climbers-SideFX

Samus-Darkmike(Still Norcal)/Narf

Link-Germ

YLink-Kizzo

Jiggly-King

Pikachu-Bob$

Roy-Zelgadis/Dread(Phil07)

Marth-Bob$/Zelgadis

Mewtwo-Germ/Quak

Pichu-Delphiki/Zoap

Mr. Game and Watch-Snap

DRGN

Technowizard
No offense Drgn but beating your crewmates doesnt make you better, esp since W$W beat Bob$ in friendlies and recently placed 5th in a tournament using Kirby. I've never seen you use kirby b4 in my life and I doubt youd ever in tournament. Also just cuz T!mmy said he liked your kirby doesnt mean its the best. Also Narfs samus is better than yours no question. And although Kawn does not play as much his Zelda remains better than yours. I have no comment on the TC1 comment but I've never seen Catnip use Mario b4 in tournament so I dunno about that even.
Haha, yeah I know. The only reasons I had for saying I thought mine may be better is from 4 videos I've seen of him, and that I had never heard of him (until like a month ago).

I used Kirby in tournament last weekend in a low tier tourney, though I doubt that counts. Kev beat me in finals. Then again I've never done Kirby vs. Luigi before. But still, I'd love to see Warp $tar beat Kev's Luigi with Kirby. (of course the simple fact that he might have ideas of how to use Kirby against more characters could make him better if it's true) And I didn't know he's beaten Bob$ in tournament before, that's really impressive. I'd love to have seen that.

:urg: I wish I could play you guys more. Whether plausible or completely untrue, there's nothing I can really say to contend anything. And of course the simple fact that they've both probably played the whole, deeper Norcal more than I can probably makes it likely to be true. I'm sure they have a better understanding of how you guys play, whereas me or anybody else from Sac is pretty much new to it and it'd take us a while to learn the intricacies of your play. Long story short: I wish I could play you guys more! :cry:

Oh and about the Catnip thing, I think everybody who plays or has played both Marios here in Sac agrees that Melvin's has 'ascended beyond' the great tc1's. (tc1s such a cool guy, but he just doesn't really play anymore so he has gotten rusty) (PS, never seen foxroar's Mario though)

Miztik

Smash Master
Warp Stars kirby is a beast, its so good, and its so good, he is so hard to kill, hit, did i mention he was good ;)

and Kawn is hella good also his Zelda is crazy

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
DRGN's Kirby is good, but he doesn't main Kirby. W$W probably has less tourney experience than DRGN, but he puts his focus into learning Kirby inside and out. I haven't had the pleasure to meet W$W yet, so I can't compare the two. But I have to say my opinion is always swayed by dedicated Kirby mains. ;)

Also, TC1's Mario is amazing. Mexican (DK), Delphiki (Pichu), Simna (Ness), and King (Jiggly) are all obvious choices.

Miztik

Smash Master
you have to play W$W in person to appreciate how good he truly is he has vids up but its much better in person

KIngGerudo

Smash Lord
uhhh i dont have much tournament experience but i think my Ganondorf should be atleast considered for best in norcal. The people i have played know my ganon is pretty good and its only gone up from the last timed i played.

HomeMadeWaffles

Smash Lord
srry guys i dont wanna start drama thats the last thing i want

i did this thread to update it and to have guys say ur opinions but hopefully not agure

im srry i didnt think about that my bad

with the approval of norcal

i think i have the 2nd best dk
like i beat hella's ganon with dk but that doesnt really count

i hate trying to get ppl to notice y did i do that oh well

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
you have to play W$W in person to appreciate how good he truly is he has vids up but its much better in person
lol he's alright. all you have to do is counter pick him.

projectile characters counter kirby.... (hard)

darkatma

Smash Hero
Tourney wise I think frotaz deserves best peach

However, i contend that Zeldafreak has a better peach than both hella and frotaz. (I've played all three)
Although maybe it depends on matchup because some people are just better in peach vs sheik matches than others, but I know zfreak is also fairly good on spacies.

Also, kawn has best zelda hands down =] Even though he's retired

not enough people have played my zelda to judge it =[ But it is fairly good, i'll prove that sometime soon by beating some good non-spacy players with her (maybe some falcos too)

btzo... needs to show me how to beat zhu with sheik
i've only done it once in my life loll, and that was when zhu was sandbagging

Edit:
Is mr. ganondorf's ganon better than julian's ganon? Julian has a pretty sick ganon :p beating chok and all >_>

anyways the obvious character winners to me are.. meep(luigi), mexican(dk), germ(link), kizzo(ylink), The King(jiggs), and Bob$(doc)

And i'd say foxroar is a close second for doc, having played both HMW and foxroar's docs before

DRGN

Technowizard
this is Delphiki

chok is best NorCal ICs, for sure. Maybe best WC.

tc1's Mario is not good.

Frotaz has best Peach, I think. But he never tries so I'm not sure.

Mr. Ganon has the best Dorf.

Most of the rest are no contest.

Oh and my Pichu might be the beastliest but I don't Skull Bash in the Pichu Challenge like foxroar, and I don't 2 v 1 Falcomist like Zoap. LOL

^_^

oh and Silent Spectre has the best MTG card named after him

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
Best Doc-Bob$/foxroar

Mario- foxroar

Luigi- Meep

Peach-Frotaz

Yoshi- Park

DK- Mexican

Bowser- Bootle

Falcon- SilentSpectre

Ganondorf- Frotaz e z

Falco- Zhu/Falcomist

Fox- Tang/LuninSpectra

Ness- Simna

Kirby- foxroar

Zelda- Kawn

Shiek- Biteezio <3

Ice Climbers- SideFX

Samus- Narfanator since Dark Mike gone

Link- Germ

YLink- Kizzo

Jiggly- The King

Pikachu- foxroar

Roy- Zelgadis

Marth- LuninSpectra

Mewtwo- Quak

Pichu- foxroar obviously

Mr. Game and Watch- Snap

I didn't put Isai cuz i've like never seen him play singles lately srry x_x and plus almost everything would be "/Isai"

PHIL07

Smash Journeyman
BEST CARPOOL PAPPA PETE!=)
BEST DREAMLAND MAIN=fire samurai
Best Doc bobby, E14 (hayward)
Mario-KDL
Luigi- LAYZIE KDL
Peach-Hella/Frotaz/Zoap

Yoshi-Park

Dk-Bootlesofwater

Bowswer-Bootleofwater/fulu/lucien

Falcon-Dread then isai mb ss next

Ganondorf-Mr.Ganondorf FROTAZ!

Falco-Falcomist/DREAD

Fox-LUCIEN LuninSpectra/Tang

Ness-Simna

Kirby-fire samurai

Zelda-Kawn

Shiek-Isai/BTZO LUCIEN

Ice Climbers- BP SideFX( if he could learn to waveland on to the stage lol)

Samus-DYRL!
Link-Germ but mines is better then tangs as proved

YLink-Kizzo

Jiggly- KING DREAD

Pikachu-JR!

Roy-Dread(Phil07)

Marth-DREAD HUSBAND MIKE666
Mewtwo-Quak

Pichu-Delphiki/DREAD

Mr. Game and Watch-Snap

MEXICAN

Smash Lord
I wann play Narf. I heard he was pretty good, but i wanna see for myself. Narf, if you ever read this, i'll play you samus vs samus (yes, i do have a samus, i just don't usually ever change from dk, not cuz i can't just cuz i don't want to), and a DK vs samus. Honestly, i'm not even trying to talk **** or anything, but i'm sure i'll definately beat your samus with dk, but i dunno about samus dittos. Should be fun though. =)

My list would be

Doc- Bobby
Mario- I dunno, haven't played enough marios
Luigi- Meep
Peach- Hella
Yoshi- Park
DK- HMW's cuz he's black, lol
Bowser- I dunno, but i assume Zodiak Luicen cuz he's godly.
Falcon- SS
Ganondorf- Mr.Ganondorf, he's too good
Falco- Zhu/Falcomist
Fox- Lunin/KFC (I think KFC is greatly underrated)
Ness- Simna
Kirby- I dunno, I say T!mmy, so what if he's not even NorCal
Zelda- Kawn? haha, i dunno, i've never really played any zelda's, but i assume its kawn
Sheik- Isai
Ice Climbers- Choknater
Samus- I dunno, Narf i guess? Since DarkMike is gone
Link- Germ i assume, never played it though. hahaha
Y.Link- Kizzo, definately
Jiggs- King obviously
Pikachu- Bobby
Roy- I have no idea
Marth- Meep, i haven't really played Zel's so my opinion is biased
MewTwo- Taj, cuz he's that good that he's the best even though he doesn't live here
Pichu- Delphiki
G&W- Snap i guess, since i haven't played anybody elses

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
doc - foxroar
mario - zoap
luigi - KFC
peach - PARK
yoshi - PARK
DK - PARK