• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best of What in NorCal 2007

petoo0

Smash Ace
well im too lazy to talk about all characters.
but as far as ganondorf frotaz's ganon is best in nor cal.
he has the tourney results to back that up.
mr ganndorf is good..but he is new...and has like one good tourney under his belt.
as for me...dont give ****. lol

Miztik

Smash Master
man i wonder if Socal will make a thread like this that will be interesting to see anyways

NORCAL *****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KingJiggyWiggy

Smash Lord
Who actually remembers how many stock they beat a certain person by? lol i never pay attention to that garbage:)
Orly? I guess this means you don't remember the time I 4 stocked you 4 times in a row.

well im too lazy to talk about all characters.
but as far as ganondorf frotaz's ganon is best in nor cal.
he has the tourney results to back that up.
mr ganndorf is good..but he is new...and has like one good tourney under his belt.
as for me...dont give ****. lol
Why doesn't anyone recognize Mr.Ganondorf? I think he is a great Ganondorf.

MEXICAN

Smash Lord
Although its been awhile since i've played Frotaz's ganon, i've played Mr.Ganondorf's ganon recently, and i think that its really good. He has the best ganon in norcal imo. All of our matches were extremely close at SCC, lol, and i even had to counterpick sheik against him cuz i was so afraid of losing to his ganon and not making it out of pools. He even beat St.Patrick, another good ganon from someplace thats not norcal (i have no idea where he's from), and St. Patrick beat me pretty bad in our money matches

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
So the argument for Mr Ganondorf's Ganon being better than Frotaz's is that he beat an UNRANKED Socal player in a GANON DITTO, who happened to beat an UNRANKED (though he will be ranked next time ^_^) Norcal player in a MM?

This is what you said. Read it and tell me if that makes sense to you. I don't care about the list, I just take issue with the logic.

MEXICAN

Smash Lord
So the argument for Mr Ganondorf's Ganon being better than Frotaz's is that he beat an UNRANKED Socal player in a GANON DITTO, who happened to beat an UNRANKED (though he will be ranked next time ^_^) Norcal player in a MM?

This is what you said. Read it and tell me if that makes sense to you. I don't care about the list, I just take issue with the logic.
I'm saying that his ganon gave me a lot of trouble, and i know my opinion is biased since i haven't played frotaz's ganon in a long time, but when i did, i never had any problems with it. This is just an opinion, and so what if someone isn't ranked? That doesn't mean that the person isn't good. I placed higher than everyone in norcal at scc with the exception of falcomist, and tang/ss whom i tied with, and i'm unranked. Rank doesn't mean anything

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
players get a lot better. i'd hate for people to judge me off of playing me even a month ago because i've got way better since then.

i hear mr ganondorf's ganondorf *****, but if you don't have a good idea of frotaz' you can just champion the cause of mr ganondorf without bashing frotaz ^^

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
mr. ganon's ganon is pretty good yea

frotaz prob. has more history doing well as a ganon player, and history is normally what the NCPR people go by so whatev.... IRISH FOR NCPR!!

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
Placings do not mean anything...at all. Falcomist placed higher than a lot of ppl in norcal at oc3, scc and vls, does that mean he's the best in norcal? no

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
who you beat matters. and usually if you place that high in a national tournament YOU BEAT SOME PRETTY GOOD PEOPLE.

usually.

and falcomist placing so well is a sign that he's likely better than people ranked higher than him...

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
who you beat matters. and usually if you place that high in a national tournament YOU BEAT SOME PRETTY GOOD PEOPLE.

usually.

and falcomist placing so well is a sign that he's likely better than people ranked higher than him...
Well "usually" doesn't mean anything, its easy to get a much tougher bracket than someone else, so you could be far better than someone and still place lower. I placed higher than bob$ at oc3, does that mean im better than him? fk no im not lol

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
if you did it at THREE STRAIGHT NATIONAL TOURNAMENTS, an argument could be made.
Of course an argument could be made, but the argument would have to be that he beat good players, not "oooh the number next to his name in the results means he had a good finish so he the best". Falcomist was just an example, it could be anyone.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
... Dude, did I not just say that?

"who you beat matters"

the point is while at a bi-weekly or some local tourny "who you beat" comes into play, but at a national tournament you're ONLY going to be facing REALLY good players if you make it out of pools and into brackets (or even the second round of pools, or in pools, etc.), so to place that high means you earned it. Meaning it goes without saying that he beat really good people... So beating a lot of really good people at three national tournies = **** = strong indicator he's better than people ranked higher than him who didn't do so well.

OOS > local

FALCOMIST

Smash Ace
lol wow arguments about me...

Just plz stop i just dont care who is the best cause really im tired of it ^^.

true i got those placing at those tourneys but ppl are correct and that people can have harder or easier brackets...

I vote SHERIDAN for Best Falco

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
Coincidentally enough I don't think this "argument" -- I dunno, too harsh a word to call it that; I felt this was rather mild -- is about you individually.

But point is you're really good at this game.

MEXICAN

Smash Lord
yeah, i'm sorry everybody, i was under the impression that i could say my opinion here. I didn't know i wasn't allowed to have my own opinion. Then i agree, Sheridan for best Falco since i'm not allowed to have my own opinion

HomeMadeWaffles

Smash Lord
srry guys i screwed up

i made the thread outta boredom and curiousity but i dont wanna drama cause soo0o0o i apoligize if ive done so srry

jaime say wut u want who cares wut ppl say

**** i didnt expect this thread to be like so0o0o intense

im stupid i guess

nealdt if u feel it should be closed then i guess u'll do it...srry to everyone

Top Bottom