• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

-Best of 2006- SoCal United December 30th Results

araknophobik

Smash Master
**** jtb, if you post up the one of me vs emerican on youtube, everyone can see why im the #1 worst smasher in socal. SD FTLoss :(

crewbattle was too close

boss: where were you for teams? that was a ***** *** move. best believe im coming for that *** (ive been watching too much boondocks)

boa-**** you ****, i had to experience it in person. iono if you were being sarcastic or serious when you said i was doing good against you, but its whatever cuz my sheikums let me down today :(

baby boa-sorry i didn't catch your name, but nice jiggs

mike y-don't trip my *****, you gots this, pdale was just ontop of their game and LA smashers were off :(

champ- rocky dies o.O :(

gabe-fun teams, rainbow cruise ****ed me up though, but that taco bell match was too close ^_^

omar-a ****ing beast, too crazy

neal-my araknophobiK, not araknophobiC :(

luigi-tough break *****, if you woulda taken gabe im pretty sure you had a legit chance of power rankings =/ but you beat oscar and oscar so its all good

S.O.S.

Smash Lord
blitttzzzzzzz i <3 you and smash alliance team taco belllll for going double peach and only doing one move the entire tourney we pwnd lolz taco bell is just unbeatable lol

nublet06

Smash Lord
aaah yes. finally home. and neal pro is too good for having the results up.

DEEP SOCAL!! you guys are too good. azeem and edrees are a super team in doubles. way too good. champ and his combo were owning people all day. every time i looked i saw a champ combo. knives was so good they didnt even have to use him in rankings crew battle, and mike y is friggen mike y. deep socal is too good.

panda super cool tourny and good job that was sooo fun. we can play more matches next time. you def know how to handle a luigi though. most sheiks have more trouble than you.

speaking of sheiks. OMAR. wow man. really awesome. your spacing is superb and it was so hard to get a hold of you with my luigi grabs. thanks for being real cool in our set too. you owned me pretty bad :(

SOS thank you for being the first peach i ever beat in tournament. even if you only played peach one match. i hope you still love me. i hate your sheik on FD tho.

LEE PUFF congrats on your first tourny. dont worry you will be pro next time.

rest of palmdale i love you too. Emerican, BoA, Aesis, Teba, petoo, ****, creepy, will....everyone. palmdale is too huge, and too good. ( sorry if i forgot anyone, there are too many of us, 3 seperate cars? wtf)

sowwy i sucked ballz in teams brett. it was my fault.

by the way.... i am still undefeated in money matches. so someone needs to beat me already. maybe my greed and love for money boosts my playing abilities. which reminds me....i forgot to mm knives :(

emerican

Smash Ace
i had fun everyone.. panda, awesome job man, and good matches early in the bracket. my only complaint... IT WAS FKN COLD!

nice to finally meet the legendary Neighborhood P and Araknaphobik...also good to see Johnathan again, from waaaay back at the burbank tourney.. also blitz, yojo and fugito... u guys are too good

mike y, been waiting like 3 tourneys to play you man, lol... only got 1 match in, oh wellz, next time.
-the rest of you guys, (azeem, edrees, champ, knives) nice too see you all again.. fun matches all around.

Lots of friendlies played.. too many names to remember. one that stands out, Nemar Pott... too good man, fun matches. your fox is pretty quick.

<3 palmdale crew - ROFL, BoA, Aesis, Teba, Petoo, Jizzanator, LeePuff, Sos, Creepy Fingers, and Will... was a fun *** tourney...

see you all next time.

-JTB, can you PM me or Aim me with the link to the vids when you upload them? that'd be awesome. thanks in advance

Nashun

Smash Ace
This was a lot more fun that I expected it to be. I got in a lot of friendlies and it was good seeing everyone again.

I'm going to apologize in advance for everyone that got swallowed to their death. For those of you that got swallowed in a tourney match, I'll buy you ice cream or something.

Panda: Nice tourney. I was watching some of your matches and it looks like you've gotten a lot better since that last time I played you. (SB? I think that was it)

Jake the Boy: 9th in doubles isn't too bad for a team with no synergy whatsoever. Sorry I missed the jab every time you rested. Kirby's too slow to wake a sleeping puff. Oh, and you r0x at MKDS <3

Fabian: where's my money match? =( you steal $2 from my falco but you don't gimme re with kirby? s'all good, i dont feel as bad for swallowing you in doubles (and counterpicking rainbow cruise)

Dodger: You got a lot better since the last time I saw you. nice matches

Fugito and Ultra Luigi: cheaters. I swear ultra luigi has some kind of turbo mod in his controller. and fugito was up wayyyy past his bedtime

Blitz: nice seeing you and your falcon again. i'd pay money to play your peach, though

Knivez: I'm jealous of your tech-skill. i think you cheat too

everyone else: socal is too good.

Zenith

Smash Ace
Shout outs

Nashun - F***ing Kirby *****

Blitz - What happened to Peach? Falcon?

Fabian - i didn't play you but were you high or somethin?

JTB - Jiggs is too good for Falco, f***ing Brinstar counterpick

Dodger - G&W vs Kirby = Kick a** match up

NeighborhoodP - F*** Needles

I want a cup of noodles - 1 vs 2 is too good

The other team we lost to - So I got to see brandon's mighty Doc, read above messege^^.

Gabe - toughest Yoshi I've ever faced, f***ing djump invincibility

Anybody else I either don't remember you're name or I don't care.
You know whatz funny, I didn't face a single Fox yesterday, where were all the Fox players?

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Omar's top 20 team beat DSF's top 20 team by 3? stock.

Deep Socal beat Palmdale by a couple of stock.

PandaX

Smash Lord
Seriously guys, thanks for making this one of SoCal's greatest tournaments of 2006. If it wasn't for the specific people that attended, the heart of SoCal wouldn't have been there.

A special thanks to Scamp and Falconmist from norcal heading down from NorCal. And a special thanks to Omar coming from AZ.

Glad we had some wii matches, lots of friendlies and that no one was really kicked out at all! lol.

Sadly, this will probably be my last tournament, but I'm not 100% sure about that. Maybe best of 2007 and palmdale can host it? lol Doing that for Brawl would be too good!

Zander805

Smash Ace
by the way.... i am still undefeated in money matches. so someone needs to beat me already. maybe my greed and love for money boosts my playing abilities. which reminds me....i forgot to mm knives :(
HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...Wait, are you serious? I'll MM you, and since I know you'll just bltch about how cheap Falco's lasers are when I win, I'll MM you with DK... Deal?

nublet06

Smash Lord
HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...Wait, are you serious? I'll MM you, and since I know you'll just bltch about how cheap Falco's lasers are when I win, I'll MM you with DK... Deal?
where did that come from?

ill gladly money match you. and since you are such an ******* about it make it 20 dollars.

and if you are basing your chances agaisnt me off of a 3rd day OC2 friendly in which i had stayed up until 3 in the morning playing with azeem and rob$ the night before, i feel sorry for your 20 dollars.

and dont worry you can play whatever character you want.

Dodger

Smash Ace
Yesterday was a lot of fun guys. I'm happy to say, that even though I placed horribly, I at least I can say I was playing well. I was worried I'd be playing horrible due to being out of practice, but I think I did alright. I did have some annoying SDs though, but oh well. On to the shoutouts!

Neal: Thanks for partnering with me :-). We didn't do so well, but we once again had the best team name. You're program is awesome! Sorry for sucking on corneria.

Azeem: We gotta smash more regularly in Irvine. I need to get better. Congratulations on taking teams man. But how come you were forfeiting all your singles matches?

Edrees: You freaking rock man. I was in the lead at one point on yoshi's story, everyone needs to hear that ;-).And I can't wait to get my hands on that Castlevania CD. Thanks so much for burning it for me!

Mike Y: It's always great to see you Mike. Smashing in Irvine's not the same without you.

NeighborhoodP(Wamp Wamp): Good games. I want a rematch though :-)

Zenith: Wow, I don't think I've ever been called out before :-). But yeah, low tier battles are lots of fun. You going to Thomas' tourney? We can have our rematch there.

JTB: Haha I'm glad me and neal at least took one round off you guys in doubles. Why did you have to record me though? I always suck when I'm being recorded for some reason. It's all your fault! :-)

Ultra Luigi: We didn't get a chance to play again. Hopefullly next time. It's always a pleasure to play your Luigi.

Panda: Another guy I haven't played in a while. Awesome tourney man. Why didn't you enter singles?? Or did you not enter doubles either?

DSF: Your Link finally got his revengsies. Although it wasn't in tourney so it doesn't count. LOL, just kidding :-)

Scamp and Falcomist: Hope you guys had a great time down here. It was fun playing you in teams!

S.O.S: I really enjoyed fighting your Gannondorf. I came pretty close to beating it. I look forward to playing it again. Not your DK though. Ugh.

E40: Wow you've really ogtten a lot better since last time we played. Keep it up!

Nashun: It feelds kind of cool to have a rival kirby player in the area. More of an incentive to get better. I'l get you one day. Maybe.

GOOD GAMES SoCal. Can't wait to play you all again.

Zander805

Smash Ace
where did that come from?

ill gladly money match you. and since you are such an ******* about it make it 20 dollars.

and if you are basing your chances agaisnt me off of a 3rd day OC2 friendly in which i had stayed up until 3 in the morning playing with azeem and rob$ the night before, i feel sorry for your 20 dollars.

and dont worry you can play whatever character you want.
Naww, I dun even wanna play you anymore, cuz last time, all you did was bltch. I dun like playing with bltches.

Hey, PS ROFL, I was ROFLing after I DK Donkey Punched your mom last night.

nublet06

Smash Lord
*****? sorry that i think its lame that people laser spam me on FD in a friendly. is that supposed to be fun for me? i play with SOS, the dirtiest play to win guy there is....and even hes not that lame when we play for fun.

and your john was "luigi is rigged and can chain grab" maybe if your a ****** who cant DI luigi can chain grab you. cry more and nice john backing out of the money match. i thought you were cool too. thanks for being an ***.

Zander805

Smash Ace
*****? sorry that i think its lame that people laser spam me on FD in a friendly. is that supposed to be fun for me? i play with SOS, the dirtiest play to win guy there is....and even hes not that lame when we play for fun.

and your john was "luigi is rigged and can chain grab" maybe if your a ****** who cant DI luigi can chain grab you. cry more and nice john backing out of the money match. i thought you were cool too. thanks for being an ***.
If you CG me in a friendly, why shouldn't I spam lasers to avoid getting grabbed?

I feel bad for you, it must suck to think you're all good cuz you camp to beat good players, and then get pwnd by a nub Falco like me that only knows how to SHL running away from his opponent. But it's cool dude, no hard feelings, you're just a bltch.

Now go ahead and have the last w3rd, it's all yours.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Shoutouts :chuckle:

Panda- Thanks for hosting another great tourney, make sure you get some weekends off from work so you can keep playing ;)

Nashun- I guess we don't need Insane Puffball Techno Mindgames to win :laugh: 3-2 isnt bad for no team practice whatsoever :p We complimented each other quite well, maybe with some practice we could dominate XD

Neal- Thanks for keeping the tourney running very smoothly, it was probably the fasted ran tourney I've ever been too. And your ICies are great in teams too, I think it was always down between me and you at the end :p

Dodger- Well, no revengsies on my puff after the UC battle ^_^ Sorry about the recording, I wont do it next time, I didnt know >_<

Palmdale is too awesome, it was cool to see everyone supporting each other at every match, although I was eliminated in singles by Palmdale :( ROFLs luigi is crazy too :p

Knivez tips are too good, but I guess I wasn't ready against campers and counters :(

My internet is being a ***** now, so I probably wont have the videos up until later this week when I have better internet at UCR.

Overall, I had a great experience, and I'll be practicing for the next (real) tourney whenever it comes up.

And I think another Riverside tournament will pop up in the future ;)

PandaX

Smash Lord
Enough already. We ended this on the right foot last night, no need for any bad wounds to open. ROFl, 20 dollar MM next time we play :3

petoo0

Smash Ace
Well that was a fun tourney. I sucked but w/e still too good.

I feel really sick and crappy right now so my shout outs will be short.

Panda:Thanks for hosting the tourney. It was too much fun; nice to finally meet you, maybe we can play sometime.
NEAL PRO!!!:Neal is too pro <3. As always thank you x100 for helping make sure the tourney went smoothed, calling out matches and what not. Too good. <3.
Ultra Luigi:Dude we have to finish a set someday <3.
Edreese/Deep SoCal:Too good. We have to actually play sometime Edreese. </3. Rest of you guys too much fun. Crew Battle was awesome, you guys are too good. Champ I will have revengisies..or not w/e lol <3.
Palmdale:BoA, Teba< Aesis, Emerican, ROFL, ****, Will(Syk0), Creeoy and SOS tooo much fun guys always more fun when we all go to tourney together an dprobably my last one with you guys since I have to go back to Berkeley for school </3. But I think I will probably see you all like...tomorrow or something so yea I'm done. Alan sorry I sucked in teams. I wasn't doing anything right.

To anyone i missed, thank you for the matches. Had a great time.

And I almost forgot Neighborhood P...we never money matched O_o.

By the way, Zander...in case you didn't know ROFL beat Mike Y, SOS, Champ, took Omar to 3 rounds, and other really good people....In all the matches I watched he never camped...not once. So i don't know what you are trying to say.

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Now now children, enough is enough.

Is this what happens when I go out for an hour and can't watch over you? Tsk tsk.

;)

Dodger

Smash Ace
haha, Jake, no worries. That was just major Johns on my part :-) I will have my revenge on your puff some day though. I hope.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
And I almost forgot Neighborhood P...we never money matched O_o.
I know man, I had no idea who you were.

By the way, Zander...in case you didn't know ROFL beat Mike Y, SOS, Champ, took Omar to 3 rounds, and other really good people....In all the matches I watched he never camped...not once. So i don't know what you are trying to say.
Word, I saw the results and was like... wtf, ROFL is ridiculous. I want to play him now :(

gtfo

Smash Apprentice
zander and nublet, just fight or something; stop the talking.

and congrats to dsf.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I think the highlight of yesterday wasnt the crew battle, but that one guy that was talking **** to everyone XD

S.O.S.

Smash Lord

lol i wonder if i should take that as a compliment lol but yea in friendlys its just for fun so zander i wouldnt be talking crap about rofl. he will pwn ur face off.

Zoap

Smash Master
:psycho: LOL Great stuff Falcomist way to represent Norcal Power lol. Much love for all Socal hope you all had fun

TheBOSS

Smash Lord
**** jtb, if you post up the one of me vs emerican on youtube, everyone can see why im the #1 worst smasher in socal. SD FTLoss :(

crewbattle was too close

boss: where were you for teams? that was a ***** *** move. best believe im coming for that *** (ive been watching too much boondocks)

boa-**** you ****, i had to experience it in person. iono if you were being sarcastic or serious when you said i was doing good against you, but its whatever cuz my sheikums let me down today :(

baby boa-sorry i didn't catch your name, but nice jiggs

mike y-don't trip my *****, you gots this, pdale was just ontop of their game and LA smashers were off :(

champ- rocky dies o.O :(

gabe-fun teams, rainbow cruise ****ed me up though, but that taco bell match was too close ^_^

omar-a ****ing beast, too crazy

neal-my araknophobiK, not araknophobiC :(

luigi-tough break *****, if you woulda taken gabe im pretty sure you had a legit chance of power rankings =/ but you beat oscar and oscar so its all good

yo fabian, dude, i'm so sorry, and so pissed i couldn't come. president ford died this past weekend and i was in palm springs. long story short, his church was there and they closed down the 74 (the way home) for like 4 hours folr the cerimony. so lame, i was way bummed. hope u did well, next time for sure man. srry again, peace.

FALCOMIST

Smash Ace
HEY SOCAL XD YEA im STILL in Socal in a computer room and gonna make my shoutouts now from who i remember xD.

Deep Socal - TOO GOOD omg all of u are soo good was kinda intimadated by everyone cause of everyone unique style and mind game ^^.

Edrees: Crzy Peach as ever OMG ur peach is too good and i got major practice out of it. Hope to play you again soon and ill try not to SD much -_-.

Champ: HAHA ur right man i only know how to fight fox/falco i suck against everyone else. Awesome to see ur CHAMP COMBO ^^. Hopefully ill try it with Falco and see how it goes WOOT. OMG U WAVESHINED ^^. I also appreciated the tips u were giving me against Mike Y. I tried to listen to everything u said while i was focusing on playing haha well ill take ur tips to consideration of course and thx again.

Mike Y: By far the craziest marth ive played in awhile. I love those spike combos and it was fun playing friendlies with u since i dont play a lot of good marth ^^. OMG KOREAN POWER too bad not korean haha. Hope to play u in friendlies and make ANOTHER COMBO VIDEO OF SPIKES WOOT.

Knives: DUDE i should of SD when u did to make the matches fair -_-. Anyways man was fun playing u in tourney, Im glad i got to play one person from Deep Socal in a tourney match and im glad it was u. Hopefully next time get some friendlies in if i ever come back to Socal. I better watchout too cause ur fox is MASASHI XD.

Azeem: Only got to play u in teams but u have a crzy samus. Very smart and unique hope to play u again soon.

Aesis: Sorry man yea -_- not enough friendlies but least got to play ur shiek a few times. Keep up the good work training palmdale xD. We'll play again soon hopefully.

PetoO: Hey man no friendlies but it was nice seeing u again. See u again in Norcal man and keep that Ganon going ^^.

Boa: OMG MARTH haha ur Marth really good i really enjoyed playing u too bad u didnt have falco experience as much haha. Great marth BOA too GOOD and good job in crew battles.

Teba: Crzy shiek man i just got lucky against u i think haha. Hope to play u again.

DSF: HAHA Norcal represent dude xD.

Wolf: Our match was SOOO CLOSE ARGH how can u stay calm the entire match sigh... Great matches against ur peach. Hope to play it again soon.

Gabe: Got to see ur yoshi first time ^^. U have such a great Yoshi and i enjoyed watching in crew battle and singles. Sorry no friendlies but maybe next time ^^ but Yoshi ***** falco -_-.

David C: Crzy Fox man it very smart and unique and enjoyed playing it in teams too bad no friendlies man -_- oh well maybe next time ^^.

Nealt: OMG THX FOR EVERYTHING THE RIDE, TOURNEY, YEA I LOVE U ^^.

Ultra Luigi: HEY MAN OXNARD FTW HAHA. Good seeing u again too bad we didnt get any friendlies though -_-.

ROFL: Didnt play u but awesome luigi i wouldnt mind playing it ^^. ERRR but luigi ***** Falco haha oh well ill play u next time.

SCAMP: Always a pleasure to see u at a tourney. Thx to u i wasnt the only Norcal player haha xD. We did pretty good in teams for the fact WE'VE NEVER teamed before haha. See u back up in norcal.

OMAR: ARGH DUDE WE HAD FRIENDLIES AND A TOURNEY MATCH AND ALL I CAN SAY IS AWESOME SHIEK. I WANT TO PLAY IT MORE HAHA. ANyways nice seeing u again man hope to play again soon ^^.

PANDA: OMG JUNGLE JAPES FTW BUT NEVER BRING ME THERE XD. Thx for hosting the tourney and giving me direction and such and help so i could make it to this tourney. Even got to play u in tourney match haha really good shiek there ^^ I hate shiek's haha. Hope to see u again soon and since i know u live like 3 min away from pomona maybe play smash again soon when i visit my sister.

FOR EVERYONE I MISSED OR FORGOT THX U SOCAL. I had a lot of fun. More then at a tourney in Norcal -_-. Socal is the **** man and I be glad to hang out with palmdale or Deep Socal or anyone else in the future. Ill be leaving Socal on New Years SO.

HAPPY NEW YEARS SOCAL ^^ ENJOY YOUR NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!

Atlus8

Smash Master
AWESOME TOURNY!!! The ATLUS CHALLENGE has not been conquered.:laugh:

Boa: Killer Marth that you have, man. It was great meeting ya and hopefully I'll see ya again.

Nick:Didn't get to play you, but glad that you were able to make it. We need to get in a game sometime.Still, great to see you again.

UltraLuigi:That is some killer wavedashing that luigi has. You do some preety sick stuff with that up B.

NeighborhoodP:Don't know if you knew, but you were close to beating the ATLUS CHALLENGE: you three stocked me when we were playing a friendly match.

Panda:It was a GREAT TOURNY! Hope you can organize some more in the future, especially for Brawl.

HAPPY NEW YEARS TO EVERYONE!!!

dr.d

Smash Apprentice
HIS NAME WAS THE JUGGERNAUT, *****.

:)
O ya man he was awesome i was playing him with ness and he started quoting the entire video i couldn't stop laughing while i was playing him and he was saying it with a straight face, and being really serious about it.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
H Hope to see u again soon and since i know u live like 3 min away from pomona maybe play smash again soon when i visit my sister.
I live in Pomona o.O

NeighborhoodP:Don't know if you knew, but you were close to beating the ATLUS CHALLENGE: you three stocked me when we were playing a friendly match.
****, were you that puff on the black and white TV, the one who beat Oscar? :O You shoulda told me, I could've tried to gay you out or something XD

O ya man he was awesome i was playing him with ness and he started quoting the entire video i couldn't stop laughing while i was playing him and he was saying it with a straight face, and being really serious about it.
Oh **** Doc insane was there? Wtf I would've got our epic mm :(

creepy fingers

Smash Journeyman
funnest tourney i been to so far by far!!!!, o yeh almost forgot ......
"PALMDALE PWNS BIATCHES!!!!!!!!!" u can quote that:chuckle:

hay lee puff how u spell your smash name, ima add u to my banner but dont wanna spell it hella dumb lol.

s.o.s im comin for your link!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

**** we are gonna own in 07, ima get like twice as better by the end of january

E thx for findin my backpack!!!! and bein hella cool to smash at your house

teba im comin for your link to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

boa i hate your marth, make me feel so noob lol :(

petoo i gotta play your ganon some more, u and s.o.s ganons are polar opposites *_*

lee puff ...... im scared of your lil jiggy legs lol

rofl i need some of that ghostly luigi practice so i can make link ghostly like that lol

aesis i want to play your doc again!!! o and how did them pics come out?

will your fox got way better i like them shines u got me wit :p

i pray i didnt forget anybody if so its becuz im drunk its new years!!!! PALMDALE COME BACK TO ME I MISS U AND I LOVE U BABY!!!!!!! LOL

Top Bottom