• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Meteor Smash?

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Ness Dair spikes at the lowest percentage -> Good (But not that easy to hit with i find)

Falcos Dair spikes a little bit to the front, not straight down and can be a good end of CG to the edge -> Good (You have to hit with the beginning of the move :/)

Samus' Dair has a nice hitbox and because of here floatness it's somehow easy to hit with -> Good (But has startup-Lagg)

Diddys comes quick out, good hitbox and diddy can recover good -> Good (Not that strong like others)

Ganondorf, low percentage, good hitbox, but dangerous because of a not so good recovery -> Not that Good, but OK ^^

Snakes is good too, but comes out slow and laggs -> OK

That's enough fo now xD

And yeah, it's my opinion ^^

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
Dk, Yoshi and Snake...have like the same Meteor Smash (F-air) with different Animations, and I prefer Yoshis (lawl Bias). The timing on Snakes seems very odd, so I find it, personally the worst of the 3.

DK and Yoshi's hitbox's are less troubling to hit with, but Yoshi's has like...little landing lag, if at all...I don't even know if it does anymore, since when I miss and it doesn't hit their shield I can jab. With Donkey Kong if I miss....ya...

Also Ness's D-air has a wierd hitbox/start up lag.

Zelda is a hooker.

Ganondorf's is bad ***.
It's just >.> due to his recovery, however well...if he's using it right, the recovery doesn't matter as much.

Ganondorfs ftw, kthxtacoissexybai

Kamikaze!~

Smash Rookie
Ike's is pretty effective and is relatively easy to hit with... Marth's is one of the fastest, but it can be kind of hard to hit with, if you aren't good at judging distance.

lulz, lurker post.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Luigi.

No, but really, it's Ganondorf, with Ness at a close second.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Kirby Metor Smash is sick. He can fly in the air and D-Air you to death and he can come back with ease.

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
Dude Zelda. Just think.

"Aw man I'm totally makin it back this wimpy girly kick can't stop meGZZZSHH AH F**K"

TP

Smash Master
Ganondorf's Thunder Stomp, and Ike's vA are tied in power
Uhhh... wrong.

Ganon has the strongest spike and it is disjointed on the sides. Unlike nearly every other spike, there is nothing strange about his movement. He just kicks down. His recovery does hinder him, I'll admit.

The thing that REALLY stops Ganon's Dair from being a very useful spike is that his Uair is much better at spiking in just about every situation. More range, quicker, less end lag, etc.

Oh, and doom dragon 105 needs to read my sig.

Lex Crunch

Smash Journeyman
Ganon's Thunder Stomp because it's easy to use, it's safe, has long hitboxes, kills easy, and doesn't require a sweetspot. End of discussion.

Mr.Victory07

Smash Lord
Kirby's is amazing, every hitbox spikes, and he has the recovery to always try it. Ganon and Ness are also great, but their recoveries hinder them somewhat. Marth is also good, but if you time it wrong you die
Yeah and like Denzi is saying, theres a bajillion threads on this topic. Seriously

Denzi

Smash Master
There are already threads like this.
Luigi's D-taunt is the best, but in regards to airials, it's:
1. Gannon Stomp
2. Ness Dair
3. Wizard's Foot

_clinton

Smash Master
Ness' dair is the strongest out of the dairs at early % and has 7 frames of hit stun...but that doesn't really matter when 90% of the time your foe only needs 30% to kill them no matter what almost...actually to be fair...only one spike beats Ness' early on...and that is Weegee's taunt...

The hit box is DJed so the size of it is a lie...plus because it is DJed it eats through everything...fun fact...MK's shuttle loop trades a hit with it...oh and have I talked about how it works with his double jump...rising Dair double jump=sexy

Plus you've got Pillar spike/Caz Combo to work with as well...which is very good at setting the sucker up...

Even the so called "sour spot" of it kicks ***...I mean...really...it is stronger then his Nair's strong box as far as hits go ^_^

I mean what isn't there to like about the move? Other then the fact that the move has 19 frames of start up time...and as far as damage % goes is sort of lacking compared to some other moves...but yeah overall...the +s out do the -s IMO

Really...if you want to call Ganondorf's Dair a better spike (which btw it isn't) you may want to look at everything the moves have...overall...Ness' beats his...

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
Uhhh... wrong.

Ganon has the strongest spike and it is disjointed on the sides. Unlike nearly every other spike, there is nothing strange about his movement. He just kicks down. His recovery does hinder him, I'll admit.

The thing that REALLY stops Ganon's Dair from being a very useful spike is that his Uair is much better at spiking in just about every situation. More range, quicker, less end lag, etc.

Oh, and doom dragon 105 needs to read my sig.
LOL I said in POWER. Both Ike and Ganon can spike the foe at very low damage percentages. You're correct on the hit boxes, I'll give you that, and I still think that Marth's is the best, if you can hit with it. (The Ken combo helps too.) But Ganon and Ness have the easiest spikes to pull off, with a big plus being that there's no sweetspoting invloved...

.Marik

is a social misfit
Oh.

For a second, I was thinking of Melee.

Oh well, I'll say it anyways.

Yoshi's Fair. <3

Evil E.

Smash Ace
NNID
Elmoyounasty
I gotta say snakes, because there is absolutley no coming back after it. The heel of those combat boots leaves a knot on any competitor's head. The timing needs work, but with practice you will be able to kill your opponent with under 60% damage.
Thats all.

Adapt

Smash Lord
mario's dair doesnt spike, and he only has a mediocre jump

Generally people find falco, samus, and diddy easiest to hit with

Top Bottom