• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Falco players?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Sethlon is the only Falco I have played personally and he is very good. IDK any other Falco players sadly.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
bombsoldier. i cant say for sure cause the dude lives in japan but i think he might be slightly better than seth. the pace and tempo he has are just crazy and he pressures like nobody's business

redgreenblue

Smash Ace
Unfortunately, there are barely any Falco videos on youtube. What there is is just decent as of now... no good players yet. There is Sethlon and Bombsoldier, however I'm sure there are better Falco players. I think there are no videos of Falco players because the Falco metagame isn't far enough along for a good Falco player to show themselves. I'm sure as the Falco metagame develops, good players will start to appear. Wait a couple months then ask this question again.

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
These threads should not exist until about a year mark. There can be a lot of speculation, but no one is sure. It is incredibly difficult to gauge higher level play through videos with this game, where as in Melee it was mostly cut and dry. There are too many players who may be very good, but just aren't sure yet because of lack of national play. On that note, if you are making this thread to hopefully find players to study from, just stick to Falcos winning tournaments, or placing high consistently.

Exousia

Smash Journeyman
My money right now is on Sethlon and Bombsoldier.

But its still way to early to see anything big.

Exousia

Smash Journeyman
......SK92......in Vegas? I must challenge him nao!!11

And yea I've seen Foward play in Melee so he can also be there with the best Brawl Falcos.

D

Deleted member

Sethlon is really great. He is not only really good with Falco but also just good in general. Watch some of his on the fly spot dodges, you can tell he is very experienced and has good reflexes.

bowz10190

Smash Apprentice
Bombsoldier is NOT better than sethlon. From the videos i've seen, bombsoldier looks to have a good falco. Sethlon has a great falco.
Also, from what I've seen from the videos, it looks like 90% of the people they played had NO idea what to do against falco. They fell for the chaingrab to spike consistantly, and many other easily avoidable mistakes by them.
Not saying I have one of the top three, just to let you know. But i'm sure there are others just as good, if not better than those two.

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
......SK92......in Vegas? I must challenge him nao!!11

And yea I've seen Foward play in Melee so he can also be there with the best Brawl Falcos.
Forward being good with Falco in Melee means little of his skill with Brawl Falco. They are two totally different characters in two totally different games.

superman969

Smash Journeyman
whoa, i didn't know Forward and Bombsoldier played Brawl, especially not Brawl Falco....well now that i think of it, i think i did know Bombsoldier played, but are there any vids of him yet? on that note, are there vids of either of those two playing brawl?

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I live within one hour of seth. i play him alot. He is by far the best falco in the USA as of now. no one has placed better than alex(sethlon) does. in fact im the one who films him. plz check out my sig to see all of his f-ing amazing falco vids.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Forward being good with Falco in Melee means little of his skill with Brawl Falco. They are two totally different characters in two totally different games.
Wrong.

Since he was a extremely good Falco in Melee, it means he took the strong effort and time to get at that very high competitive level. Given the fact he's playing Brawl competitively, you can only expect the same thing. He will take more effort and time then others, and once again be amazing.

There's a reason why people like Cort, Mew2King, PC Chris, etc. are still dominating tournaments.

Two totally different games but the same will to dominate the tournament scene.

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
Wrong.

Since he was a extremely good Falco in Melee, it means he took the strong effort and time to get at that very high competitive level. Given the fact he's playing Brawl competitively, you can only expect the same thing. He will take more effort and time then others, and once again be amazing.

There's a reason why people like Cort, Mew2King, PC Chris, etc. are still dominating tournaments.

Two totally different games but the same will to dominate the tournament scene.
Thanks for that voice of reason. It really irks me when people made/make claims that because it is a new and different game, that new and different people will be dominating the scene. Granted there are some new good players, but there is a strong reason why the best melee players were indeed the best.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Agreed. Gotta love M2k, as soon he picked up DeDeDe, DDD tournament stats went straight up XD

*Edit* O and to TC, its Bombsoldier and Sethlon, Sethlon has the best aerial game but BS pressuring is overall better.

Kirin

Smash Journeyman
I'm not going to lie, I didn't see anything particularly special in Forward's vid. He's probably gotten better since then though, how long ago was that taken?

I'd say Sethlon and Bombsoldier are first and second, respectively, with an undecided third.

D

Deleted member

Yes but I don't recall hearing that Forward has been winning tournaments with his Falco.
Hes been placing very high. Hes one of the best falcos, and probably the best on the west coast.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
^i agree with that. ^

also, the fact that the opponent was very high calibur could have a lot to do with how he looked in the vid.

but back to the top two
but i still think BS's offensive-defensive transitions and pressure game are better

and @ knee of justice:
YOUR OPINION MEANS NOTHING!!
YOU SUCK!!
when I get back to the Roc., you are goin DOWN

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
I'm not saying he's bad, just that he doesn't seem up to par with Sethlon and Bombsoldier.
Lol. It's Forward. He is practically the Ken of Falco. He has the talent and know how to reach **** status with anyone. I'm sure very few people actually compare to him. Remember, this game isn't about being flashy in videos, it's about being gay, over and over.

@Kyle. MONEY MATCH!

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Yes but I don't recall hearing that Forward has been winning tournaments with his Falco.
How many Falco playes are? LOL
I'm not saying he's bad, just that he doesn't seem up to par with Sethlon and Bombsoldier.
1. You're saying he doesn't seem up to par with them because of videos...right? So, you're comparing 1 vid to like, 40 something. You know Futile is an EXTREMELY good player too, right? I didn't expect Forward to do so well, especially since he still seems to be new to the tournament scene.

2.What the hell has Bombsoldier done?
Make 2 videos with his friends?
...WOWZORZ, HE MUZ BE DE BEZT

Remember when everyone thought Bombsoldier was a beast in Melee because of his vids, then when he came to America and lost to Forward, DaShizWiz....Zjin, so forth.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Forward came to Texas for the last big Melee tournament here. He played Sethlon 3 times in different tournaments.

In singles, Forward did not get 1st seed in his pool. Sethlon did :). This was because Sethlon 2-0'ed his entire pool...including Forward.

In the random tournament Forward was taken out by again, Sethlon.

And then in the low tier tournament guess what again? Sethlon beats Forward.

You know the best part?

Sethlon uses Roy :).

<3 Forward XD.

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
I think it would be foolish to train and claim though that Sethlon is better than Forward overall in melee. Sethlon is tight as $hit, but Forward is one of the defining forces of the metagame, and does very well generally at national events. Let's get to the point though, this is Brawl, not Melee. Right now Sethlon is proving himself a lot, but Forward has proven himself before, and can do so again. We also don't know much about East Coast Falcos. We need to give it more time before we start catering to ******** threads like this.

asob4

Smash Champion
forward is great, creepy fingers is also really good. i can account for both of these players.
videos aren't always the best way to gauge someone, especially when someone has a lot and the other doesn't.
creepy fingers is great but i doubt you guys have heard anything about his falco.
just my 2 cents

PS i am in no way saying seth is not good. just giving accounts of people i have played

BEES

Smash Lord
Seth and Bombsolier are the only ones with videos, so even though there are better falcos lurking out there... somewhere... that's what people will see.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Is Sethllon the only Falco winning tournaments?

Top Bottom