• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

best combo character?

Matt07

Smash Master
Mario's uair on heavy characters works wonders. It combo's really well. D-air is ok for combo'ing (it combo's better when they're both in the air.)

Edit: B-air to fsmash works well at low percents too.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
haha sheik has a lot less true combos than you guys would think

it's just that her attacks link really well and people don't react fast enough to get out of onslaughts sometimes

lvl 9 cpu's escape my stuff often :p :018:

XienZo

Smash Lord
duh, throw to Fsmash

and uh.... other throw to Fsmash

and...

the other throw to the other smash...

RazeveX

Smash Ace
haha sheik has a lot less true combos than you guys would think

it's just that her attacks link really well and people don't react fast enough to get out of onslaughts sometimes

lvl 9 cpu's escape my stuff often :p :018:
shhhhhh!!!! you'll spoil our secret!!! :p

It's cool to make people think that I'm comboing them, though; it's like saying "don't even bother getting out of it."

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
I'm not very familiar with Mario but i want to start using him. What combo's can Mario do on the ground that Luigi can't?

They can both combo with Utilt and they can both use jabs pretty well for combo's. I would of thought that their combo game was equal on the ground but you would know more then i would.
Mario has some extra setups with fireballs, cape, and the FLUDD. Also, Mario Uair and Utilt juggle slightly better than Luigi's. Mario is a bit faster than Luigi which allows him to follow up slightly quicker. Mario also can do a few things with his Dair that Luigi can't, but Luigi still has his Fair which gives him a lot more options than Mario's Fair. It's tough to say which one really juggles better than the other but I'd say Mario has a few more options even if he's not outright better at juggling than Luigi.

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
I see not a lot of Marios are played. People don't realize how well he can juggle.

Best jugglers in my opinion

Metaknight
Samus
Mario
Luigi
Sheik
Pikachu
Kirby
Wario
Peach
Yoshi
Marth
Lucario
Rob? maybe

Garquille14

Smash Apprentice
Snake can 'combo' well, used in light terms. His combos would be rather unorthodox compared to what you would think when you hear 'combo', but I suppose they can be considered combos if you want them to. It's all in cornering them and setting them up for a good burst of pummeling.

Gindler

Smash Champion
DDD, only one with so many guaranteed "combos". Sure they're just chained Dthrows but it's inescapable for alot of the cast.

Snake has the easiest 20% combo in the game (ftilt)

Then there's juggling which Bo X7 covered perfectly well.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Most people haven't fought good Samus's.

I have in the form of Rohins, and dang it's impressive.

Peach has seriously a TON of combos that start off a dair or a grab though. There's so many ways to rack up 50% damage it's not even funny...oh wait, it is.

All of her aerials autocancel and her tilts come out instantly as well, and her float lets her chain up aerials.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Samus is crazy. I agree with Box.

I didn't know D-air autocancelled, and not only did HtH's Samus get me all the time whenever it landed with a D-air bait, but the followups of actually landing one were impressive D;

Uffe

Smash Hero
Most people haven't fought good Samus's.

I have in the form of Rohins, and dang it's impressive.

Peach has seriously a TON of combos that start off a dair or a grab though. There's so many ways to rack up 50% damage it's not even funny...oh wait, it is.

All of her aerials autocancel and her tilts come out instantly as well, and her float lets her chain up aerials.
Now try KingChaos.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
For those who say Marth doesn't have combos...

He kinda doesn't.

That's not to say that you can't take advantage of the fact that your opponent isn't a computer and hit stuff like dtilt > Dancing Blade, fair > fair, auto-cancelled nair > ftilt... etc. Nothing wrong with illusions if they work. Play to win.

And I think EVERYBODY has good combos illusions at low percentages.

Darth JoBak

Smash Apprentice
And I think EVERYBODY has good combos illusions attacks landed sequentially without being hit at low percentages.
ftfy

jk

it really does seem to be a lady thing (excluding zelda, and does sheik really count as a lady? ;) )

Imo toon link deserves a mention in this

wangston

Smash Lord
Captain falcon. Jab, jab, grab, down throw, uair. Only at low percents as in you must start at zero. Once there percent is to high they can airdoge or jump out of the way of the uair, but I real falcon knows that and he reads the air dodge and then Knees you in the face.

Top Bottom