• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 Best Buys Smash Bros Demo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Do you think it would be acceptable to set up a tripod for a camera?
Well, if it's like last year's Best Buy E3 demo event, Nintendo reps will ask photo/video takers to make sure at least one item (like a person's head or hand) is in front of the screen as they won't allow direct video shooting.

Last edited:

BBG|Scott-Spain

Smash Journeyman
Well, if it's like last year's Best Buy E3 demo event, Nintendo reps will as photo/video takers to make sure at least one item (like a person's head or hand) is in front of the screen as they won't allow direct video shooting.
So long as I don't get kicked out for it, I'm okay with that.

TerraRizerKing

Smash Cadet
Ike if hes in, Then Little Mac and Greninja as my secondary choices. Though im really excited for mac.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Megaman, Charizard, Greninja, Little Mac, Kirb-
You know, I think I'll just play until I get kicked off.
This guy right here pretty much answered this for me. I'm just gonna go ahead and play with everyone that I can while I can.

I'm too hyped to only play as a few characters. XD

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
I plan to play as:
Wii Fit Trainer
Zelda
Mega Man
Rosalina & Luma
Little Mac
Greninja
Zero Suit Samus
Charizard
and whatever other newcomers might be announced at E3 (if they're in the demo).

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
If it's a tournament, marth or dk

if it's just free play, villager or yoshi

(or if she's available, puff guaranteed)

Last edited:

NFTsmasher

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shoob24
Let's be honest, there will be nothing but 4-player Mega Man FFAs.

Anyways, any idea if the Best Buy demo will be JUST 3DS version, JUST Wii U version, or BOTH? I really hope more people can get involved through download play or something. It is supposed to be a "Smashfest" after all, not a "Let's all wait in line for 3+ hours at the one game station to play one match for 2-3 minutes!"

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Let's be honest, there will be nothing but 4-player Mega Man FFAs.

Anyways, any idea if the Best Buy demo will be JUST 3DS version, JUST Wii U version, or BOTH? I really hope more people can get involved through download play or something. It is supposed to be a "Smashfest" after all, not a "Let's all wait in line for 3+ hours at the one game station to play one match for 2-3 minutes!"
Everything I've seen only mentions Wii U, so I'd say it's a safe bet there won't be a 3DS demo.

BombKirby

Smash Journeyman
Well the event is being livestreamed, so we'll be getting coverage from the Big N himself.
I'm very sure they are not live streaming the Best Buy demo since theres like one hundred of them and streaming all of those would be difficult.
Anyone else feel weird for going to Best Buy solely for Smash or am I just weird?
You'll be there with a few dozen smash fans and a guy straight from Nintendo who knows how to talk about video games. It won't feel weird.
If it's a tournament, marth or dk

if it's just free play, villager or yoshi

(or if she's available, puff guaranteed)
The tournament isn't related to the demos at all. It's just like a normal video game demo kiosk found in Gamestop, but you have to hand your controller off to the next people in line or whoever signed up next on the wait list.

Last edited:

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
Anyone else feel weird for going to Best Buy solely for Smash or am I just weird?
I wouldn't feel weird for going. If it was actually closer to me than Tampa, I'd totally be going to at the very least check it out.

Having said that, I'm not particularly concerned about going because:

1.) The Smash Invitational is going to be livestreamed. If it's anything like normal Smash tournament livestreams, we're going to get a TON of solid, hype-generating gameplay out of it.
2.) We're going to be sifting through literal HOURS of footage from people both at E3 playing the demos, and Best Buy playing the demos.

As it stands, most of us not going will be sitting here sifting through hour after hour of uploaded Smash videos.

synesthe-sia

Smash Journeyman
You're weird. You weirdo.
Apparently you haven't heard about the last time I attended a Radiohead concert. I went alone for a different experience and it was a huge mistake. I walked in a bit late and the band just stopped playing. Thom was like, "HEY EVERYONE! LOOK AT THAT GUY!" and pointed at me. Then everyone looked at me and I heard, "what a weirdo", "wow", "look at him" and then someone yelled "HOLY **** HE'S ALONE!" Then Thom said, "no, we'll wait for you." I just sat off to the side and they kept playing. Their bassist kept giving me dirty looks. Then when the concert was over, Thom Yorke came over and pushed me down and everyone started to throw their drinks on me. I thought security would come to break it up, but they only kept beating me. I was in tears at this point. It all ended with one fatal swift kick to the groin area by Jonny Greenwood. I was then arrested for "inciting a riot" and I'm now banned from the Palace of Auburn Hills.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Apparently you haven't heard about the last time I attended a Radiohead concert. I went alone for a different experience and it was a huge mistake. I walked in a bit late and the band just stopped playing. Thom was like, "HEY EVERYONE! LOOK AT THAT GUY!" and pointed at me. Then everyone looked at me and I heard, "what a weirdo", "wow", "look at him" and then someone yelled "HOLY **** HE'S ALONE!" Then Thom said, "no, we'll wait for you." I just sat off to the side and they kept playing. Their bassist kept giving me dirty looks. Then when the concert was over, Thom Yorke came over and pushed me down and everyone started to throw their drinks on me. I thought security would come to break it up, but they only kept beating me. I was in tears at this point. It all ended with one fatal swift kick to the groin area by Jonny Greenwood. I was then arrested for "inciting a riot" and I'm now banned from the Palace of Auburn Hills.
...Is that actually true?

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Here's the plan.

Pit 1st.
Get back in line.
Greninja next.
Get back in line.
Lucario after.
Get back in line.
Punch a child in the face to move ahead in line.
Take a chance and pick Villager.
Wrestle the police off me.
I forgot to mention the police were called after I punched that child in his face...
...And after refusing to leave the Best Buy.
Fail to wrestle the police off me.
Slip from their grip and run away.
Will come back that following Saturday to try Fox.

Last edited:

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Okay im at the front of the linw for the smash bros demo at best buy! Can someone please redirect mw to a thread for posting footage if there is one?

Scicky

Smash Journeyman
How big is the lineup? I mean obviously it's different everywhere, I'm just wondering how big they're generally going to be.

Last edited:

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
Plz Dakota, just stream something... All I want is see Sm4sh.

Boss N

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Boss-N
3DS FC
0044-3869-2757
Im in a line too, right now it's 10mins before it starts & the line is Disney Land level long!
I'll be lucky if I even get 5 in before 9 O_O
This is Connecticut btw.

Last edited:

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575
Line in Dallas isn't too bad. It's just a blob of maybe 30 people or so

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
I'm livetweeting my experiences bc smash boards on my phone is slow @SSF2DevTSON on Twitter if ur curious

Boss N

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Boss-N
3DS FC
0044-3869-2757
I was just kinda joking about the Disney Land line... Until we found out there's a second wrap around line INSIDE the best buy T_T

Last edited:

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Okay they told me im not allowed to record footage but ill try something.The line has about 100 people or more its gonna start in 50 minutes. Theres a lady setting it up right now. She has some sorta usb with maybe the smash demo in it. So tempted to take it and run she left.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Ive got a samsung galaxy 3 im gonna try to record something with it. I dunno they said I could take pictures with me in the picture.

Scicky

Smash Journeyman
Line in Dallas isn't too bad. It's just a blob of maybe 30 people or so
Okay, well, my city is about the size of Dallas population wise, so hopefully it's not too bad. Also, I'm Canadian and a lot of people don't seem to know that we're getting a demo so maybe I'll get lucky. Not to mention it's not in a very good location. I can dream.

TK Wolf

Smash Ace
Any info on how they're handling the promo coins? I reeeeeeeeeally want one. (Will be at the demo in San Francisco... maybe showing up at 3?)

Boss N

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Boss-N
3DS FC
0044-3869-2757
I'm Canadian and a lot of people don't seem to know that we're getting a demo so maybe I'll get lucky. Not to mention it's not in a very good location.
Thats what I thought in my area, but It's been an hour and Im still in line.

Any info on how they're handling the promo coins? I reeeeeeeeeally want one.
You don't get it immediatly. Basically you put your name on a list and you have to order the game from that specific best buy on release date. I don't know about everyone else but mine increased thier pre-order limit from 70-100 so you might not have to show up early.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Any info on how they're handling the promo coins? I reeeeeeeeeally want one. (Will be at the demo in San Francisco... maybe showing up at 3?)
They require a preorder of either game.
EDIT: :4greninja: 'd

Last edited:

TK Wolf

Smash Ace
Thats what I thought in my area, but It's been an hour and Im still in line.

You don't get it immediatly. Basically you put your name on a list and you have to order the game from that specific best buy on release date. I don't know about everyone else but mine increased thier pre-order limit from 70-100 so you might not have to show up early.
Great info, thanks! So do you enter that list after you play the demo or something like that?

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Great info, thanks! So do you enter that list after you play the demo or something like that?
One guy I know got it just by preordering.

Asked him to try doing that and seeing if he got the coin, and he did.

Boss N

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Boss-N
3DS FC
0044-3869-2757
One guy I know got it just by preordering.

Asked him to try doing that and seeing if he got the coin, and he did.
It could vary area to area whether you get it immediatly. For me we had to sign it as soon as we got in line.

Last edited:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
It could vary area to area, for me we had to sign it as soon as we got in line.
I'd guess so.
I'll ask him for more details.

I declined a pre-order seeing how my past with Best Buy and preorders is a little... shaky.

Boss N

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Boss-N
3DS FC
0044-3869-2757
Hey everybody I just got through a match as fox, just to see how it compares to the other games.

First impression is that it feels drastically different from the other games, it feels like it has the longest hitstun of any game, the gravity is between melee & brawl yet the speed & combat is right from melee which would explain the unique feel.

The characters have different voice actors and they dont have all the palette swaps of the characters. (No blue fox)

The roster is the same that was announced for the invitational.

Feels like it's harder to get knockouts.

Graphics are outstanding!!!

Fox's fury kick lasted alot longer tgan expecting before finnishing, like at least a good second

Items appear to be on low. The Ore Club is surprisingly under-powered.

Thats all for now, worth the nearly 2 hr wait for 2minuts, going in line agian, gonna play as greninja this time. Im open for questions & I'll answer to the best of my ability

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom