• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 Best Buys Smash Bros Demo

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
That's something I'm concerned of. Anyone think it's possible for us to be limited compared to the invitational?
Something tells me we wouldnt be. But why would the invitational players use newcomers? They dont know squat on how to properly use the newcomers, so I doubt we'll see the newcomers at the invitational tournament.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Something tells me we wouldnt be. But why would the invitational players use newcomers? They dont know squat on how to properly use the newcomers, so I doubt we'll see the newcomers at the invitational tournament.
Depends on if they have time to work with it, but I more mean the amount of options and stuff. It's a question on how much of a demo or maybe us getting the final product; honestly, I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Depends on if they have time to work with it, but I more mean the amount of options and stuff. It's a question on how much of a demo or maybe us getting the final product; honestly, I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
I doubt this, since Im just about sure that these professional players have been using Melee/64 mains for years. I also think well get a pretty big demo, since the game is almost done (Or at least the 3DS version is)

Johnny Wellens

Smash Apprentice
Assuming the characters we'd like are the ones available, I'm going for Sonic first. Followed by Diddy Kong.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I'll try to provide any opinions and modifications, for both historical and informative reasons.

I plan on going to the one in Denver, where the Best Buy over there get's the goods normally.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
I'll try to provide any opinions and modifications, for both historical and informative reasons.

I plan on going to the one in Denver, where the Best Buy over there get's the goods normally.
I think we're going to notice changes, but keep an eye out for small things; that goes to everyone. Some people might miss small stuff.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I think we're going to notice changes, but keep an eye out for small things; that goes to everyone. Some people might miss small stuff.
Well, for getting a prospective now at least.

Keep in mind some details like the balance could change between now and the release.

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
some details like the balance could change between now and the release.
This could be the brightest or darkest part of this all. What if we preemptively cry out against a character as being OP and then falsely accuse to the point that they're wrongly nerfed? Or the opposite scenario?

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Ravio most likely. What, no? Fine then Hilda. Wait, you kidding? Tetra then obviously. Wait, really??

Since Ridley will overheat the Wii U, I'm thinking I might go with Samus. She's amazing.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Question, does anyone know when they announced the store list last year?

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Last year it wasn't so probably not.
Ugh, so I'll be watching Youtube videos wishing I could play. New Albany isn't getting Smash love anytime soon haha. All of you going, please record your gameplay so I can watch!
P.S. Play as Villager

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
Is this going o be at all Best Buys? Or just big city ones? If so, Villager is who I'll be playing first.
Chances are pretty solid that it'll be mostly in major cities and some outlying cities around those areas. Last time they did an event like this the closest Best Buy running the event was literally an hour's drive for me. I'm not that desperate to play a demo of a game for two minutes. A lot of people aren't going to get to play, but the whole point of the event is to impress and get good word of mouth.

And get people to purchase Wii U's and MK8.

Last edited:

The_Woebegone_Jackal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Faver_Jo
3DS FC
4854-6514-7143
Chances are pretty solid that it'll be mostly in major cities and some outlying cities around those areas. Last time they did an event like this the closest Best Buy running the event was literally an hour's drive for me. I'm not that desperate to play a demo of a game for two minutes. A lot of people aren't going to get to play, but the whole point of the event is to impress and get good word of mouth.

And get people to purchase Wii U's and MK8.
Its a good thing I live 10 minutes from my states biggest city. :D

Greda

Smash Journeyman
WII. FIT. TRAINER.

Speaking of this whole smash demo, has the dates or location and stuff been announced? Haven't really been in touch with this, sorry if I sound like an idiot. Don't hurt me pls.

andimidna

Smash Master
:rosalina: To learn a bit of her Luma mechanic and attempt to start to master it.
If she's not available...
:4zelda: I want to try out Phantom Zelda
I'm pretty sure she'll be available, but my next priority would be...
:4sheik: I'd like to try out Burst Grenade and Jumping Fish.
:4zss: I have been maining her lately. But I am AWFUL at her because of her TERRIBLE RECOVERY. But they fixed it!!! So I want to play the new Zero Suit right now!
:4charizard:I'd like to try out his new side special and down special
If he's not available...
:4greninja::4megaman::4wiifit::4villager::4littlemac: Any of the other newcomers. I like them all. But Rosalina is my top priority.

Ragel

Smash Apprentice
I feel like I'm in a small boat of people who will play Link first :(. Even that said, I reside in Canada, so I doubt the event will even take place here. I'll be very disappointed if I don't get a chance to play, the wait is killing me.

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
I just hope they have some in Northern Virginia, I'm not driving two hours south to hillbilly country just to play Smash Bros.

Miss Fit

Smash Rookie
I'm gonna try out any of the newcomers that are available. If Mac is in it, I'm gonna try and master his amazing ground game as early as possible. Also I have to practice keeping myself on the ground because I suuuuck when it comes to that. I would want to try out Villager, Megaman and WFT, but frankly they don't look terribly interesting so I'm gonna hold off for release.

As for veterans, I'm gonna try out regular Samus. I am very curious to how they've changed her and if they FINALLY made her fun to play as.

Last edited:

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
Cannot attend, but I'd want to try :4bowser:, :4megaman:, :4pit:, :rosalina: or :4greninja: the most if I did attend. If :ness2: or :falcon: appear before E3 though, all bets are off!

Last edited:

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
WII. FIT. TRAINER.

Speaking of this whole smash demo, has the dates or location and stuff been announced? Haven't really been in touch with this, sorry if I sound like an idiot. Don't hurt me pls.
Locations have not been announced, but a lot of people have suggested last year's E3 participating Best Buy stores will be hosting it. As for dates, I don't think they mentioned it. During E3 for sure, it may not go beyond that.

I'm hoping there are more stores participating this year. The one from last year is close by (like 10 minutes), but still in a weird location and it's the only one in the state.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
For people who are curious about when it will happen, last year their Best Buy event was on Wednesday (the day after their Nintendo Direct), from 1-5pm and on that Saturday from 4-8pm.

Last edited:

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
How far are people willing to drive for this?

I would probably willing to drive for an hour, hour and a half max.

muchomario

Smash Cadet
I hope our best buy participates. It probably won't since I live in a passerby town. But if it does that means that there won't be a whole lot of people at the demo, and I'll be able to play for quite some time. I'll start off with all the newcomers, and make my way through my favorite vets. Absolute first will be the obvious :4megaman::denzel:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom