• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 Best Buys Smash Bros Demo

Status
Not open for further replies.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
I just got back from the Gaithersburg one. The line was crazy long when I left but I got there early. I got to play the 3DS one twice and the Wii U one twice. I played Greninja on 3DS, Samus on both and Pit on Wii U.

In general:
First I played Smash Run on 3DS with Greninja. It was alright but, I was exploring Greninja more than I was actually playing Smash Run because I only playing against computers (for good reason I'll get into that). The map was really big and I felt kinda lost too. Sorta just ran around messing with Greninja's movepool. The special match I got was Super Sudden Death time match. Game controlled really well here and ran and looked really smooth. Not worried about the 3DS version visually or control wise at this point. Just hoping they confirm circle pad pro support.

Next this is where things get a bit grim. From what I could tell we weren't supposed to be able to play the VS. mode in the 3DS version, but somehow the players got it running. I participated in a FFA as Samus with two other humans and the game lagged. A lot. This is probably why smash run was played vs cpu's. It could have been the environment we were in but this was very troubling. It was like Brawl wi-fi except now the game also dropped frames. It also did this in a FFA with two humans but it didn't look like it dropped frames as much.

Next for Wii U. Very pretty and very smooth. Videos don't do it justice until you see the game running on a TV yourself. I played as Pit and Samus. In general the game definitely feels much faster than Brawl did. At least IMO. I don't think I managed to pull off any good combo's but I'm also just bad at combo in all smash games. Issue I had is it that it felt like there was some input lag. I don't know if it was the TV, the game itself or wireless interference (everyone was using Wii U Pro controllers and there was a ton of phones and 3ds's on) In general though I had fun in the chaos. I won one FFA as Pit and got second as Samus in another.

Character wise:
Greninja's nair (which I don't think we've seen yet) is similar to Mewtwo's nair. Greninja struck a pose and a ball of water appeared inside him and dealt multiple hits. Again this is in smash run so I don't know how it will knock away actual opponents. His U-air is an upwards drill kick like Samus. Seems to link together well. Also know how Shadow Sneak works specifically. After you hit B to start it. A shadow appears on the ground that you can move around. This is where Greninja will re-appear when you let go of the B button. It also seemed to work differently in the air but I didn't get to try it much. His up-special is like a combination of Pikachu and Lucarios. He can only move in a straight line like Pikachu but he can still turn at certain point just by trying to change direction like Lucario.

Samus was eh. She can not missile cancel period. Whenever she hit the ground during the animation she would just continue to fire the missile as normal. Her bombs are the same as brawl, so disappointing. She still has that lagless or almost lagless landing recovery with her zair. Her zair also locks onto the ledge just like in Brawl. In general she seemed to have more kill power with her physical moves (dash attack is a kill move again). Her new Nair is alright, not sure if I prefer this over her old melee nair. Didn't get to use it too much. Samus also has a phazon suit color pallete. It's silver and dark brown as opposed to silver and black though, so it might be more of a Dark suit/Phazon suit hybrid.

Pit was also eh. It was too chaotic for me to really do anything unfortunately but I'll try my best. His nair and uair seem bigger than Brawl. Upperdash Arm was fun to use. Didn't seem too powerful though. His new recovery seems crazy strong. Basically you hold the B button as you aim where you want to fly. It didn't seem like you can hold it very long though. Like less than a second. After you let go he will fly really far really fast. He can not attack out of it. Interesting to note that there was no Dark Pit palette available.

Now some general things from what I just happened to see. DK and Mario have their Brawl Final Smashes, but they seem to have been improved. According to the person who played DK it was much easier to get the right rhythm (and it must have been cause you couldn't hear anything.) Mario's is almost much harder to escape from. I got hit with it twice and only barely survived once from being dragged all the way across the stage with it.

Sonic looks faster in general just like everyone else. It didn't seem like he had his brawl shield cancels with his spindash. I asked a guy to try them and it didn't seem like he could do it.

I also saw a a glitch with Giga Mac and the trampoline item. Little Mac transformed into Giga Mac on Pilotwings, hit the trampoline turned on its site and got locked into the T-pose until the plane shoved him onto the next part of the stage. I have video of it. Everyone thought it was funny.

I'll be posting all the footage I recorded. I tried to record most of it with my iPhone. I'll post as I upload them. Also going back on Saturday.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

How are the lines? I just wanna know what time I should arrive at Best Buy to reserve a decent spot.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
I got there like 2 hours early and was around person #20. By the the time i left (like an hour into the event maybe) the line almost completed a lap around the store.

Last edited:

Wonk

Smash Rookie
So, has anyone who per-ordered got their gold coin? Because the Nintendo rep at the ABQ (NM) Best Buy said that all of their coins were scratched somehow, and instead of 70 people, EVERYONE would get a coin that would come in with the game at release, so long as they per-ordered it today or Saturday. She flashed this SSB Coin that really was too worse for wear, so everyone believed her... Anyone got any extra input on this?

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
So, has anyone who per-ordered got their gold coin? Because the Nintendo rep at the ABQ (NM) Best Buy said that all of their coins were scratched somehow, and instead of 70 people, EVERYONE would get a coin that would come in with the game at release, so long as they per-ordered it today or Saturday. She flashed this SSB Coin that really was too worse for wear, so everyone believed her... Anyone got any extra input on this?
I was told they changed it because people were mad that they had to be one of the first 70 people or something.

Last edited:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Yeah, some coins were a little bashed up.

Last edited:

Wonk

Smash Rookie
I saw some coins at my Best Buy and they weren't scratched. Must be a defective error. But the change did happen. It's everyone at my place now.

EDIT: Oh. I saw some. They weren't looking too good. But not every coin, but a good amount.
Thank you, I just thought the rep was being shady. Anyone got pics of the coin yet? I cant seem to find one.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Oh as for the dark pit not patlette swap.

Simple unless its the same amount of patlette swaps per character threw the series then alternate costumes not in.

Aka if wireframe mac is not usable there you go dark pit is just a alternate cotume.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Oh as for the dark pit not patlette swap.

Simple unless its the same amount of patlette swaps per character threw the series then alternate costumes not in.

Aka if wireframe mac is not usable there you go dark pit is just a alternate cotume.
I'm confused want to try to repeat that? If your trying to say that if other alternate costumes aren't available then of course Dark Pit wouldn't be, I saw male wii fit trainer being played.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I'm confused want to try to repeat that? If your trying to say that if other alternate costumes aren't available then of course Dark Pit wouldn't be, I saw male wii fit trainer being played.
Oh ok.

Then "A"boss for palutena temple stage, or "B" unfinished patlette swap, "C" alternate costume with voice difference (if there was in kid icarus uprising game.) (which would help mewtwo for both male and female voice.)

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
I'm going with B or C. He has the same VA as regular Pit, Antony Del Rio. He just puts a darker inflection on the voice, so a different voice shouldn't be to difficult to include.

Videos are going up. The Smash run video will take a while though. The guy I had holding the camera kept moving around the 3DS.

EDIT: VIDEOS UP. Pre-emptive apologies for my friends and my commentary. You don't/can't hear anything really important so you might wanna turn the volume down cause I'm kinda loud in some of them. Last few might still be processing.

Last edited:

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575
God the Dallas one was a clusterf*** (I've said that in a thread or 2 now). It was fun getting to play as Mac and Megaman, but I was there 3 hours (got there an hour and a half early, took about an hour to get to play after a 30 minute delay), and was hoping to play again.

Our WiiU froze, so it took them 30 minutes to troubleshoot the issue, including bringing new TVs in (took 3 different Best Buy TVs).

The line wasn't really a line. People kept rushing up from the back to watch gameplay, then just sorta morphed into the blob that existed (while the lady kept telling us to make a line, but not really enforcing anything).

By the time we started up, the line went through 4 different aisles and OUT THE DOOR. There's a good chance that the people who were there around 4:00 when it started won't even get to play tonight (everyone got 2 2:00 matches, so every 4 people took roughly 5 minutes of time, and there were 5 hours to play the game).

But butt-hurtedness aside, I got to sample the game twice, and becuase I got there early enough, I didn't have to wait 6 hours, like some people probably are doing right now.

Boss N

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Boss-N
3DS FC
0044-3869-2757
I just got home, was there for the entire event but because the line was so bad I only got to play it twice.

I already made a first impressions post which is at the bottom of the previous page but I got a chance to watch some more matches before we where kicked out.

Sonic has completely new palette swaps including a Silver color scheme, Greninja comes in shiny form and Lil macsshorts changes patterns depending on the color. He doesn't have his Arcade vector costume and again, there's no blue fox so it's pretty clear that not all the color options are in the demo, hence no Pittoo either.

No one seems to have had their final smash changed besides Zamus, which we already saw in the tournament, Giga Bowser was powered up immensely though.

Marth's up-tilt has a lot of lag afterward and seems to be a bit underpowered from his changes

Greninja's moveset is super sexy, though I didn't get the time to figure out how to work his side B and Up B felt like it never registered for some reason.

I got a chance to watch the 3DS which was being passed around and it looks so good it made me have eyegasms. This is whiteout a doubt the best looking handheld game I've ever seen in my life, it basically runs exactly like the console version, and considering that was already brain blown good looking. The special match was a coin battle and I think the top players of the round become golden, characters would turn into gold at certain points of the match. I don't think the coin physics have been implemented yet cuz they kinda just hover in the air.

Gameplay feel felt wholly unique to this game, it doesn't feel like any smash game before it, it doesn't even feel like Project M. The reasons are in my last post. But it was excellent and super tight, I can't wait to see what the final even more polished complete product will feel like.

Over all totally worth it, not just because of the awesome gameplay but I also met a group of smashers here in Connecticut, if anyone here from CT goes to the Grid on Thursdays, better watch out cuz you got a New Challenger approaching tomorrow! ;D

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
So, I hear Luigi, Sheik, Yoshi, and Clone Link is in the 3DS version. Does anyone have any info on their gameplay? I've been looking around for some but to no avail. Only seen Luigi's FS, which missed, so I can't really say how good it is yet.

Regardless, I'm going Saturday so I will have Luigi gameplay to write about after then.

Boss N

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Boss-N
3DS FC
0044-3869-2757
So, I hear Luigi, Sheik, Yoshi, and Clone Link is in the 3DS version. Does anyone have any info on their gameplay? I've been looking around for some but to no avail. Only seen Luigi's FS, which missed, so I can't really say how good it is yet.

Regardless, I'm going Saturday so I will have Luigi gameplay to write about after then.
The 3DS demo is the exact same roster as the WiiU Demo. They're not in it.

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Hmmm weird, he wasn't in the demo we had
From what I gathered people got access to the 4 player ffa in the 3DS version even though they "weren't supposed to".

So, I guess I have my plan, heh.

Oh, from what I also hear, Clone Link's FS is still exactly the same as Links. Yep.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
I definitely fought two Shieks on the 3DS demo. The rosters are different for the demo and the rep even commented on it, assuring people in the final versions the roster would be the same.

Last edited:

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I'm bringing my own 3DS on Saturday, so I'm going to be playing Smash in line too. Gonna be great!

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Also speaking of the 3DS version, the reps did not seem against using headphones for the 3DS demos. Unfortunately I didn't bring mine. Next time though I'm definitely brings headphones for the the demo. People with recording devices might want to consider bringing audio cables so we can get direct audio.

Last edited:

Lanuigi

Smash Cadet
Hmmm weird, he wasn't in the demo we had

Luigi Sheik Yoshi and Toon Link are definitely in the 3ds version replacing Rosalina Olimar Link and someone else

Lines around the San Francisco one appeared to be 1:30-2:00 hrs long. I got there early so I played within 10 mins. I'm assuming Saturday will definitely be longer so go early (seriously) if you dont want to wait long.

You get two 2min matches on Wii U and a chance to play 3ds right before the Wii U section. They disencourage playing Smash Run I think.

Tried Luigi (3ds), Villager and Megaman(Wii U). 3ds controls are hard especially if you normally jump with the control stick instead of x or y. I might have to convert to that. Game runs amazingly smooth on 3ds. I always felt Luigi was pretty good in Brawl besides some matchups and he feels very similar to his Brawl version with some tweaks. Still even has the ability to change the direction of his hand on his Forward-smash.

Played Villager. Won with him. Didn't die. His Down B (Tree Cutting) and Charged F-Smash (Bowling Ball) are pretty strong. Was playing on Megaman stage so unsure if down-B's killing potential will be as good as I saw it.

Played Megaman on Battlefield. Got second. Had no idea wtf I was doing.But definitely a fun character. His running A attack certainly feels like a better version of Luigis Running A.

I'll probably go again on Saturday to try out some others like Greninja or Donkey Kong

Last edited:

Scicky

Smash Journeyman
This was awesome, got to play 5 matches of Wii U and 4 smash runs. Mostly played Megaman and Greninja. Played one match with Villager and a smash run with Mac. Mac's a pretty fast faller so his air game shouldn't be that big of an issue 1 v 1, but it is pretty bad. His side b and maybe his down aerial seem like his only real options.

Villager was awesome but difficult to get the hang of, probably should've played more but I saw quite a few villagers winning matches, doesn't seem to have many kill moves but f smash seems like a good one, didn't really see the tree at all. Dash attack is another one. Both side aerials are the slingshot. Saw megaman do a few cool combos that seemed fairly easy to pull off and his pellets seem pretty useful, if situational. Up Tilt was a good kill move as some others have said, but otherwise I had some difficulty getting kills in.

Greninja was probably my favorite to play as, fair, u smash and downsmash are fairly powerful, he's also very quick on ground and midair. I found myself using shadow sneak a lot instead of his up b by mistake, but that's my own fault. Up B is like Pikachus, but unlike Pikachus it can go the full length in one direction, coupled with Greninjas already great jumping power makes his recovery pretty excellent. Water Shuriken is good from what I saw, but you're unable to hold the charge (I think), which was somewhat disappointing. Shadow Sneak rules, but it's not entirely unpredictable as Greninja takes a certain stance when charging, and the length is very short if uncharged.

Crowd was also super hyped up and full of friendly people, good times all around.

ChillerDuu

Smash Cadet
This post is already on another thread about the Best Buy demos and our experiences but I'll just put it here too I guess to join in more discussion. Not really going to try to restate it all if that's okay.

Had a great time at the Baybrook location in Texas. Not sure there was a 3DS version there. I'm hearing there was at Best Buys. Oh well, had no time to play it.

The Drive: We took an hour only because we had mistakenly went to one location. The strange thing is that location was said to be a participating Best Buy on Nintendo's official site, just not on Best Buy's site. We should have called and asked before we went there. We planned to be at least 2 hours early, got to a Smash Fest location 30 minutes early.

The Wait: It took almost 3 hours to play the game. The line reached around the entire kitchen appliance section of the store. Not incredibly huge. At least we ain't talking about other places like in New York. It almost didn't feel worth it to me. I think our Best Buy had the greatest method for organizing the players. They took names (first name and last initial) in order through the line and had a survey asking how they came to know of the event. They called out of that list the names so people cutting was not a problem. Everyone was so fortunate such efforts were made to ensure such an organized event.
Cool bit of all the waiting was talking with other people. Funny thing at Best Buy was that there was a mom and her kid who went to the event and it seemed to mom was most stoked to play it. She was cool, I just found it funny it wasn't the other way around.

The Watch: We also watched other people play once we got close enough to see. Every time that Megaman Final Smash came out, everyone went nuts! We had some Little Mac one-hit KO moves that sent the crowd into a loud cheer. Greninja got most played. The New Super Mario Bros stage was also mostly played.

The Play: It was 2 matches per each 4 people called to play. Each match was 2 minutes long. Best score wins. Used Pro-Controller as I guess was the same in other Smash Fest locations. I played with my 2 brothers and this small kid. I had played as Bowser both times. Yeah I think I should have tried one newcomer or at least a different character but I was stoked about Bowser with his new powerful stature and moves. I have fun and won both times. His attacks hit like a truck so kills weren't hard to come by. I love how he plays now. He feels like a boss with strong hits that towers over his opponents. It wasn't enough time to get a feel for the game but I loved it. It does play closer to Brawl than Melee, has it's own little things and I had fun without all the shortcomings Brawl had like tripping or dodging out of hitstun. No details about it. I am not that observant to catch it all. No Smash Balls showed up for us in any of the two matches. Oh well.

The Loot: Got all sorts of things. What was there but didn't bother getting was this Disney Calender with some Nintendo stuff on it (I don't get the connection) and some Bravely Default cards. Well I did but I gave them to my older brother who'd probably be more interested. They really aren't anything special.

Content: Mario Kart 8 Flag, Wii Fit U Headband, Smash Brother Stickers, Smash Brothers Buttons.

It was fun and I look forward to playing it even more. I think it could turn out to be a solid game. Wonder what kinds of things we will see change at release when it's finished.

Last edited:

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Just got back.
The matches I played were with Wii Fit Trainer (Male in Green Top) and Villager(Alternate Male outfit). We used pro controllers which felt amazing.

First match in Wrestling Arena, second match on Battlefield. I gotta play two rounds of 2 minute timed matches.

I preordered the game for the 3DS but didn't get the coin, I got some cool smash bros pins and coupons though. They said that the coins were "defective", so I gotta go back later to pick a coin up.

We weren't allowed to take photos or video BUT I may or have some interesting stuff to post tomorrow ;).

Sonic the Hedgehog had an interesting outfit where his arm bands are replaced with purple chaos emeralds. Pikachu's outfits are the same as brawl, yall have already seen the teal and purple mario from the e3 tourney. Lil Mac I think had some red white and blue shorts with a black top? And a white shirt with black pants, I dont think they were shorts.
I saw chespin and victini and evee appear. Victini didn't seem to do anything, but chespin stays in the spot its summoned and pulls exploding nuts or something out of the ground and cheerfully tosses them above his head so that they rain down around him on either side. Evee does a butt tackle.

Villager Moves(most of this was probably known)
Forward Tilt is him swinging an umbrella in front of him.
Side special is Gyroid Rocket.
Down Special is Plant Tree, Water Tree and Grow it, Chop Down Tree
Up special is Baloons
Back Air is slingshot
His grab involves him pulling out his net, if you catch someone in the net he simply tosses them in the direction that you press.

Wii Fit Trainer Moves
His grabs all seemed to be based off of Volleyball, like spiking, serving etc.
Sorry I can't remember much, but I was focusing on grabs and specials, also I kept trying to knock down the lights above the wrestling arena, so I was standing on top of the scaffolding obscured from camera view. Interestingly, down smash didn't damage the lights but down tilt did. Seeing wii fit trainer wield the super scope is weird.

I saw someone do a 3 hit combo, it looked like they were using neutral A, but the last move stuck the opponent in the ground like DK's side special.

If anyone else plays this Saturday, check out tilts and grabs!

Last edited:

SuperSmashNoob

Smash Rookie
I got back from the one in Lee's Summit a little while ago. The line was pretty long (I waited about an hour and a half, but I imagine there were longer lines in bigger cities), the first few minutes I was there it looked like they had to reset the Wii U because of problems, but they got it working. Also, the TV faced away from everyone except for the 10-ish people at the front of the line. I was kind of hoping they would put the game footage on the other TVs in the store, but not so.

The 3DS demo went around near the beginning of the line and I played smash run (there were two 3DS', but multiplayer had quit working) with regular Samus. I thought Samus was pretty decent (similar to Brawl/Melee Samus, but with more side-to-side kick aerials if that makes sense), but I think that either Sakurai was mistaken when he said that Samus was the strongest, that Samus has a relatively high learning curve that Nintendo testers have overcome, or he was simply referring to some statistic that isn't that obvious (something along the lines of hit priority maybe). To be fair, I might just not be used to the 3DS and the demo 3DS could've been worn (I got one a while ago, but my sister more or less broke the circle pad the first week or so I had it and I've been putting off trying to get it repaired or replaced), but the circle pad didn't feel as fluid as I would've liked for a game like Super Smash Bros. That said, a portable version of Super Smash Bros. is pretty sweet regardless.

I played two 4-player free for all matches (two minute long time matches) on the Wii U demo with a pro controller. I won the first match by a decent bit as Zero Suit Samus (I can't remember the stage, but it was pretty static if that helps) and won the second match in sudden death with a dash attack as Lil' Mac on Wily's Castle. Zero Suit Samus is definitely better and has a lot more aerial KO potential then in Brawl IMO. I also liked Lil' Mac, though I never really tried his aerial game (other than his up B, which isn't bad other than it being completely vertical) because I heard bad things about it. His neutral B stood out to me. It is a charged punch somewhat akin to Falcon Punch, but Lil' Mac slides forward almost the length of a small stage (like battlefield) as he does the punch. It's really strong and is nice to use when your on one side of the stage and the other players are on the other side distracted with each other. I also landed a KO punch, but didn't get any final smashes (I remember seeing Greninja's, which functions pretty similar to Ike's in Brawl).

The overall gameplay seemed faster than Brawl and ofc tripping was removed, so that's good. It'll be interesting to see how the game develops and what competitive scene develops for it. I'm looking forward to it.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
I'm going with B or C. He has the same VA as regular Pit, Antony Del Rio. He just puts a darker inflection on the voice, so a different voice shouldn't be to difficult to include.

Videos are going up. The Smash run video will take a while though. The guy I had holding the camera kept moving around the 3DS.

EDIT: VIDEOS UP. Pre-emptive apologies for my friends and my commentary. You don't/can't hear anything really important so you might wanna turn the volume down cause I'm kinda loud in some of them. Last few might still be processing.

Holy sh#@ this footage is great! And were u recording in front of the nintendo rep!?! Ya got ballz man. That dark samus assist was cool. Will be speculating your vids for weeks.
I'll try to upload what little I got tomorrow. The screen got obscured by a friggin Nintendog though, shows off 2 of Lil Mac's alt outfits though.

OH! Also because I was the first to play the demo they interviewed me, I don't know where they might have uploaded the interview tho.

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
This seems very chaotic with mulitple threads being used for the same purpose and so many having impressions to give.
Explained earlier how the trailer in the digital event concerning various modes and content made me nervous but what you described got it even worse.

Btw, Giratina as pokemon? I WANT FOOTAGE!!!

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Explained earlier how the trailer in the digital event concerning various modes and content made me nervous but what you described got it even worse.

Btw, Giratina as pokemon? I WANT FOOTAGE!!!
We recorded quite a few matches, but they'll take a bit of time to get up.

In general I was pretty impressed with the game itself... but boy was the crowd just too much.

modshroom128

Smash Cadet
NNID
katamari
i drove 50 minutes to go. found out there was a production issue with the coins and now everyone gets one at launch... stood in line for like 2 hours with 3 bros. never even played the game as there was still a much longer wait

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mog80RdvMAE

Last edited:

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Holy sh#@ this footage is great! And were u recording in front of the nintendo rep!?! Ya got ballz man. That dark samus assist was cool. Will be speculating your vids for weeks.
I'll try to upload what little I got tomorrow. The screen got obscured by a friggin Nintendog though, shows off 2 of Lil Mac's alt outfits though.

OH! Also because I was the first to play the demo they interviewed me, I don't know where they might have uploaded the interview tho.
Nice job getting interviewed. Hope it gets uploaded.

And thanks. I was worried the camera on my phone wouldn't be to great but good to know you like how it turned out! I was recording right in front of the rep but we were sort of facing each other so he couldn't actually see what I was recording. He also didn't seem to be enforcing the rules that much anyway. He did tell some people who were getting pretty close to screen with an actual camera to make sure someones head was in the shot but didn't do much to enforce it afterwards.

Last edited:

PlasmaPuffball

Smash Apprentice
The Best Buy website doesn't list South Carolina so it looks like a no. Hopefully the list will be updated to include SC before the demo happens.

And I feel your pain as I'm from South Carolina too.
Actually, I found this link on another thread regarding the demos. I live in SC too, so I was sad to see it wasn't on the list.

http://e3.nintendo.com/smashfest/

But when I typed in my Zip Code on this page, it had a Best Buy location about 5 miles away from where I live that had it listed as participating in the event. And I made sure and called them as well. So more Best Buys may be participating than people think.

noterday

Smash Rookie

I used him in smash run and spend the first two minutes testing out his move and the rest of the time fire punching enemies.

I didnt really see anything new about any of his moves. One thing that i noticed was that his fast fall speed was really high compared to what im used to. Like he is falling faster than in melee even thought the game is pretty floaty in general. That might just be because of the speed boosts i got in smash run? Thats sounds kind of weird but i dont know.

His up b might have been a bit longer? Again i might be wrong because i mostly used it to attack and didnt really think about recovering because i played in a walk off stage.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Four of those videos I promised are already up (may still be going through the stabilize thing to remove some of the shaking). In total I'll eventually have around 10 so keep an eye on this playlist if you're interested in it:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLmHi1rPbj_RqLsgls9WkFVmPrXSO-Zw1I

Our particular smashfest had an odd rule; you can't record matches unless people are in the frame of the video. That limited how much we could zoom in but we pushed the buck as much as we could.

Also, I am playing in just the first two of those matches: DK in the first and Zelda in the second. My play quality is very, very far from tournament level, unfamiliar game, controller, situation, etc., etc.. We did our best though, and I was focused more on gleaning info than playing well (I win both of these games anyway).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom