• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 Best Buys Smash Bros Demo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
How far are people willing to drive for this?
If I could drive then I'd say an hour to two hours. But since I can't, half an hour max. Unfortunately all the locations last year were at least an hour and thirty minutes away from me.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I didn't go last year, but I do recall them having one of those events here last year. I wouldn't be surprised if it happens again, though Omaha is one of the few places in Nebraska where such a thing could probably be held lol.

eenertv

Smash Rookie
I didn't go last year, but I do recall them having one of those events here last year. I wouldn't be surprised if it happens again, though Omaha is one of the few places in Nebraska where such a thing could probably be held lol.

This details it.

Last edited:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I don't think Im going to play the demo, but I can't wait for all the video footage

TheUnsullied

Smash Apprentice
Nintendo must be really confident that the game will be received well and that is enough for me to go out and try it.

Morbi

Scavenger
Link,
He come to town,
Come to save,
The princess Zelda,
Ganon took her away,
Now the children don't play,
But they will,
When Link saves the day
HALLELUJAH!
Now Link,
Fill up your hearts,
So you can shoot,
Your sword with power,
And when you're feeling all down,
The fairy will come around,
'Till you be brave,
And not a sissy coward.

Now Link,
Has saved the day,
Put Ganon,
In his grave,
And now Zelda is free,
And now a hero shall be,
Link,
I think you name shall go down into history.

I will choose Link first...

Last edited:
Link,
He come to town,
Come to save,
The princess Zelda,
Ganon took her away,
But they will,
When Link saves the day
HALLELUJAH!
Now Link,
Fill up your hearts,
So you can shoot,
Your sword with power,
'Till you be brave,
And not a sissy coward.

Now Link,
Has saved the day,
Put Ganon,
In his grave,
And now Zelda is free,
And now a hero shall be,
Link,

**** yea! System of a Down!

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
Link,
He come to town,
Come to save,
The princess Zelda,
Ganon took her away,
But they will,
When Link saves the day
HALLELUJAH!
Now Link,
Fill up your hearts,
So you can shoot,
Your sword with power,
'Till you be brave,
And not a sissy coward.

Now Link,
Has saved the day,
Put Ganon,
In his grave,
And now Zelda is free,
And now a hero shall be,
Link,

Fun fact, I knew about this song before I knew about the Zelda proper.

KaBlamJamDan

Smash Ace
NNID
Kablamjamdan
3DS FC
5129-0509-8499
I'm probably going to skip this one out if the 3DS version comes out before this event because when they did the whole "Nintendo Experience" thing, it was a mess.

I waited 3 hours in order to play 1 level of 3D world!

Nintendo or Best Buy better have more then 1 booth because I'm not going to wait an hour in order to play like a 3 minute match of Smash.

Last edited:

kylexv

Smash Master
I'd drive two hours max, but I need to know what day and where it is.

EDIT: Same locations as last year. Not going.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
I'm probably going to skip this one out if the 3DS version comes out before this event because when they the whole "Nintendo Experience" thing, it was a mess.

I waited 3 hours in order to play 1 level of 3D world!

Nintendo or Best Buy better have more then 1 booth because I'm not going to wait an hour in order to play like a 3 minute match of Smash.
I thought the event was occurring concurrently with E3. So the 3DS version isn't going to be out before the event to my knowledge.

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
I am getting a group to go and we are going to steal the demo then upload it to the internet and this song will play as we do this all of this...

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

Have they revealed the locations?

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
My plan:

1.Get all of my friends in the car
2. Drive to nearest supporting Best Buy
3. Get in pairs
4. Each agree to try a different character
5. Video-tape ourselves playing said characters
6. Profit

Custom

Smash Cadet
The demo will have to turn up somewhere right? I mean if you're going to put it in every Best Buy some employee will leak it....

So after that we would essentially have another half year of watching the demo be torn apart as well as the DS version.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Have they revealed the locations?

They have not said which locations will be participating yet. The stores from last year are probably a good guess as to which stores will be participating this year. But I doubt they will be exactly the same, though. There will likely be additions/exclusions to last years Best Buys.

http://e3.nintendo.com/#2014/bestbuy

Keep checking there.

I am getting a group to go and we are going to steal the demo then upload it to the internet and this song will play as we do this all of this...
I thought of this, but I think the logistics are unrealistic. Unless you're planning on bringing guns/weapons it may not work. It seems more difficult because of what I heard in another topic, which was something along the lines of: A Nintendo rep has a special card they put into the Wii U so the game can be played. I don't know if this is true, but if it is it makes it very difficult to steal as the game is not on the Wii overnight.

My plan is simple, but probably difficult to pull off without some funds and a good team. We would have to do it during a lull in the players, so around closing time. Someone would need to create a distraction (no idea what that would be) while we unlock the case that holds the sacred Wii U. We switch it with a Wii U that was for sale, and quickly lock it back in the case. While another of us goes and buys the Wii U that was for sale (which is actually the display Wii U with the card and demo on it). We have to move quick. We would also have to never go to that Best Buy again. But it's doable.

If that's wrong and they download the game on to the Wii U and it stays there then it may be easier. We could (possibly):

1.) Get passwords from a Best Buy that may allow us to download it ourselves.

2.) Get a job at Best Buy (good luck guessing which one will have it) using a fake name and steal it yourself.

3.) Break in overnight and take it (though, this requires more specific skills)

Or,
Option #4: Get a job at Best Buy and play it a lot.

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
They have not said which locations will be participating yet. The stores from last year are probably a good guess as to which stores will be participating this year. But I doubt they will be exactly the same, though. There will likely be additions/exclusions to last years Best Buys.

http://e3.nintendo.com/#2014/bestbuy

Keep checking there.

I thought of this, but I think the logistics are unrealistic. Unless you're planning on bringing guns/weapons it may not work. It seems more difficult because of what I heard in another topic, which was something along the lines of: A Nintendo rep has a special card they put into the Wii U so the game can be played. I don't know if this is true, but if it is it makes it very difficult to steal as the game is not on the Wii overnight.

My plan is simple, but probably difficult to pull off without some funds and a good team. We would have to do it during a lull in the players, so around closing time. Someone would need to create a distraction (no idea what that would be) while we unlock the case that holds the sacred Wii U. We switch it with a Wii U that was for sale, and quickly lock it back in the case. While another of us goes and buys the Wii U that was for sale (which is actually the display Wii U with the card and demo on it). We have to move quick. We would also have to never go to that Best Buy again. But it's doable.

If that's wrong and they download the game on to the Wii U and it stays there then it may be easier. We could (possibly):

2.) Get a job at Best Buy (good luck guessing which one will have it) using a fake name and steal it yourself.

Or,
Dude I was only joking, calm your panties.

Sqa$

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bazaar
To start, it depends on who is available as to who I would be playing. The roster will probably look like the following for the demo:

Mario
Bowser
Yoshi
Samus
Zero Suit Samus
Pikachu
Zelda
Sheik
Sonic
Peach
King Dedede
Link
Donkey Kong
Mega Man
Kirby
Fox
Pit
Wii Fit Trainer
Villager
Little Mac (maybe)

Most of those are pretty obvious why they will be available for play. some of them are speculation for me as to whether they will be in it. Nintendo will want to throw in some newcomers to get people interested in the new play and make them buy the game, otherwise it's honestly a shutdown otherwise.

Sonic will likely be playable just because he was in the last game and people loved him and it's a SEGA thing. Showing their inclusion of third party characters makes more people want to buy into the game, since not everybody is like us and know everything about the game.

Megaman, Wii Fit Trainer, and Villager are the most likely of the newcomers to show up in the demo because they were advertised in the first trailer for the game (the wii fit trainer soon after the first trailer). As such, I think that Nintendo would leave them as playable from the start, maybe even in the game itself, just to show how cool the new things are, like how we had Peach from the start of Melee, or Wario in Brawl.

Some of the extra characters such as Jigglypuff, Captain Falcon, Falco, Ness, Olimar, Toon Link, Rosalina, Little Mac (potentially if not playable above), Diddy Kong, Lucario, Charizard, Greninja, Ice Climbers, what have you, will probably not be available in the demo because they want people to buy the game. Granted a five minute play doesn't give you the feel of the game, but by keeping more things hidden than revealed, one gets the urge to unlock all of those things. These characters are probably unlockables (some of them) in the real game and they would need the full game in order to find them.

So I guess after all of that, using my list, I would start off with my home base character of Peach to see how things feel and how the physics of the game are. Soon after, however, I'd jump over to one of the three newbies in the demo, probably wii fit trainer or the Villager, and give them a try with a fresh perspective on a character. I'm personally excited for this event and will definitely try to make it to this.

Custom

Smash Cadet

Or,
Yeaaaaaaaah or just let it inevitably leak out like the majority of piracy which comes from retail stores.

KatKit

Smash Lord
I just have one question: If you win, you get to keep playing, right? If so, I apologize in advance for hogging the game at the Best Buy I'm going to.

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Does that even happen? Was the Mario Kart 8 demo from last year leaked?
No, but we can't say that people didn't try. Maybe people will try to leak Smash. We just have to see if they succeed. :laugh:

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Yeah, this E3 Preview stuff is under tighter supervision then other game demos so I doubt that will happen.

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
Im definitely gonna try to get there early for Smash 4. Given the confirmed roster, the people i'd definitely want to try playing as first would be:

Pit, Bowser, Fox, WFT, MM, LM, Toon Link, Lucario and Greninja. Mostly the newcomers though, plus Pit and Bowser since they have somewhat changed movesets.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Gonna try all the newcomers along with Lucario and Charizard to see how they are

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Newcomers:

Wii Fit Trainer
Greninja
Megaman
Rosalina

Veterans:

Fox
Olimar
Diddy
Sonic

Giga Man

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna play as Mario first. I REALLY want to play as Mega Man, but I need to pick Mario first and get a feel for the game. If I get a second chance, I'll pick Mega Man for sure.

Rymi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kuratis64
3DS FC
2363-6076-5143
Switch FC
3858-7901-1006
i would try villager since no ness or lucas yet

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID