• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Berlin not happening?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kone

Smash Master
With the change of date of the berlin tournament I am in a better position to make the tournament. Thinking of driving over there so does anyone want in? by anyone im talking about people I can cope with in the car.

Cost breakdown;

£7 return for the ferry
£30 petrol

& then whatever you think you need for tournament costs, food and drink.

Tournament is the 2nd-4th. Im still teaching till 3.30 on the friday (may attempt to get it of). So maybe a late night crossing but we will see. There are actually some really good times available for cheap so may try get the day of. Will be coming back either late night sunday or monday. I don't really have a need to rush back depends on other peoples committments and housing issues. As i say ferry prices are looking nice.

Joe has said he is up for this. Looking at robby, craig and mike next to re-untite the beautiful team. After that there'll be two spots available. Jam/Yen/Tamoo?

Ed

Pickled_No0b

Smash Journeyman
hmmm wont you miss all of the tourney on the friday? Wont pools have started by then? Also, wow, £30 seems very reasonable, do you have an electric car? :p

Kone

Smash Master
Using viamichelin.com and how many miles I get to a tank it'll cost £150 return between Calais and Berlin. Divide that by seven and you are left with £21 each. The extra £9 each is for petrol costs within the UK. Even if the trip cost more than the calculations I made it probably wont be more than £35 each return for petrol. £42 altogether with ferry return AT MOST.

Calais to Berlin is only eight hours :) so petrol really isn't that bad.

In terms of friday I didnt know that is when the tournament started. Will look into details and just tweak plans. Just needs to be worked around.

Charles : Not sure I could be in the car for that long with you lol =p

Joe : confirmed :)

J03

Smash Master
what is tamoo actually like? when he was up at mine all he did was speak to you charles lol, ive never held a conversation with the lad =x

Kone

Smash Master
lol charles ive not met tamoo. However, joe said he was decent the other day but his recent post says contrary lol. Joe????? anyway, george is welcome, def a good egg there :)

J03

Smash Master
well i cant say mauch about about tamoo as ive not had a convo with him, but the notion that he was round at my house all night and never spoke to me should be notion enough imo

Kone

Smash Master
Aye I get what you are getting at joseph ;) lol. Well, we have me, you and robby. We need to get mike sorted.. This i a bit further than Ermelo so I definetly need the second driver. Haven't heard from craig yet either.

Pickled_No0b

Smash Journeyman
Oh wow you have a seven person car? Guess that brings the price down a bit. Spoke to dacacia this evening, if you cant find people you know and trust to fill the car, we may be interested in coming.

Dacacia

Smash Journeyman
Oh wow you have a seven person car? Guess that brings the price down a bit. Spoke to dacacia this evening, if you cant find people you know and trust to fill the car, we may be interested in coming.
Joe knows me - whether he trusts me or would want to spend several days with me in a car though... lol

Also, I can drive :bee: Obviously I haven't been driving as long, and my insurance on the car would probly be expensive, but I'm just throwing that out there if you're looking for alt drivers.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Ed if their is any way I could make it up with you guys that'd be great :). Let me know! :)

Kone

Smash Master
Okay so that is joe, robby and george confirmed. Next people im waiting to ehar from are craig, jam and mike. Dacacia and pickled will let you guys go if they can't (offer them first as theya re who id normalyl travel with)

AmcD

Smash Ace
If it's possible for me to go then I'm interested. I'll talk to Joe more about this though on Wednesday when I go to Manchester.

Pickled_No0b

Smash Journeyman
Okay so that is joe, robby and george confirmed. Next people im waiting to ehar from are craig, jam and mike. Dacacia and pickled will let you guys go if they can't (offer them first as theya re who id normalyl travel with)
sounds fair

Kone

Smash Master
Pickled - Yeah just want to offer people I know first and then move onto others. No offence or anything meant by it :)

Allan - Hmm id be happy to have you about but I don't really trust that you would end up coming :/

Tamoo

Smash Master
wow, don't even have to post in a thread to get insulted anymore :/
joe - Sorry dude but you know, it's very obvious we're two totally different people, I wasn't intentionally not talking to you or anything, we just had nothing in common to even get going or anything :/
Charles - What does that even mean lol?
Kone - Cheers for considering me but I get horribly travel sick, esecially in cars, I don't think you'd want me in your car for 8 hours lmao!

AmcD

Smash Ace
Yeah I completely understand. Well I have no idea what I can do to assure you I would go haha

J03

Smash Master
tamoo: it was more of a courtesy thing for me i guess, i believe its a persons perception of common knowledge that decides whether they have any or not. we both play smash for example xD. Though lemme make it clear that i dont hold it against you in any way, as you didnt talk to me, i also didnt talk to you much so were cool in my eyes =P. Although you still have to make it up to me for accusing me of being gay ROFL!

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Didn't you accuse him of being gay too? lol. though it didn't look like you were serious

Kone

Smash Master
Robby - Get beast to post on here and let me know etc then ill put him on the list. Want him to tell me lol so i know he is in ;)

Tamoo - No problem.

Alan - Just can't risk losing money. Joe said he is seeing you wed i think. He says that he knows you well enough that he will be able to tell in person if you are reliable. Soooo ill let joe decide then trust his judgement. Sorry dude just haven't met you enough to be convinced myself ;)

VA

Smash Hero
I live with him? So it's kind of stupid for me to have to get him to post when I can just tell you!

I spoke to Mikey on the phone and he's confirmed.

Kone

Smash Master
me, you, mike, george, robby AND beast are the only ones i currently trust/am happy with joe. After that its jam. If jam can't then we still have a spot frEe which will go to allan first then dacacia or pickled.

The tournament is a while away and we are driving so having a list is good. I expect some people may drop out etc.

May ask for £7 each via paypal or w/e for people to confirm a place to book ferry. Maybe.

Kone

Smash Master
Are you sure? you have alans and allans. Im pretty sure that I had seen his name with two. Anyway, not sure why that would make a difference if he came with us. I wouldn't be spelling his name out when im wanting his attention o_O

edit checked msn got confused with scottish allan. Alan does in fact have one 'l'.

SwizzyUK

Smash Journeyman
Want him to tell me lol so i know he is in ;)
Guess I'd better post then :lick: - Count me in. F*** knows if I'll have any money by then, but I'll work something out for sure even if it means borrowing.
I'll stay at Robby's before this for a while to get my game back, I'm worried that 6 months will have made me rusty... 24/7 smash for a week should sort that out fast.
Robby - make sure beast comes! Will be well good having him there too.

VA

Smash Hero
3rd world lol

Beast is coming. And I'm currently bored of winning at smash, I can play my absolute worst and still 4 stock beast :(

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
haha Ed tell me if a seat ever pops up - though I doubt it will since your seats seem to be in high demand. ;)

Kone

Smash Master
Mike - yeah you beter confirm *****! lol glad to see your in for this, couldnt do it without ya :laugh: . Looking forward to some good indian stories :embarrass. Also, I aint played smash since holland so your as rusty as me.

Alex - Will put you on the list man and let you know. You have jumped ahead of pickled and dacacia cos i know your good :)

Sooooo so far = me, joe, george, robby, mike and beast (real name?) and 1 more. Jam first then others can fight for last spot.

Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom