• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Berlin not happening?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kone

Smash Master
Joe/robby/sam/mike/george - housing for this is at the venue fri and sat night. Sun night is looking dodgy me thinks. Was wondering if you guys would be up for hostelling is for fri,sat and sun night instead ? looked at prices and for a 8 person room it is £28 for three nights. If you guys want to stay at the venue how about hostelling is sun night? or maybe monday aswell? its like £9 a night for a hostel. Im just wanting to make more of this trip then just for smash/see berlin/go out for a night and dont particularly want to sleep on the floor at the venue with 90 people. Starting to feel my age :)

Let me know

ed

Kone

Smash Master
Thought you would be good with that man :). Supposedly some tim can house us but im trying to find out what days. I don't know at the moment if it'll be housing on the days that there isn't housing at the venue or housing for all the days. If it is the latter then we won't need the hostel but if he cant house us when the venue is open then I reckon we hostel it. There is a hostel 30 mins away I believe. Really cant be arsed sleeping on floors and having no showers.

There is def a spot still free in the car.

Plan at the moment would be getting there fri night. Tournament runs sat and sunday. When do people want to be coming home?

Kone

Smash Master
Im needing people to send me £7 for the ferry. Im currently skint and need my money for house deposit next week thereofre cant trump up the money myself.

I think the car is; me, joe, jam, mike, george, robby and craig/alan =s ? so will pm you guys my bank details.

AmcD

Smash Ace
Yo, I can't go to this now as I've spent money I would've used for this due to not having a place.
I'm still interested so I will try and muster some cash up but not entirely sure if I'm even on the list!

J03

Smash Master
right so swap out craig/alan for sam.

and if jam cant come replace him with craig/alan lol.

either way myself, robby, sam, george, jam/craig/alan and mike (if hes back) need to send the money asap.

same method as last time? paypal/sendin details?

Kone

Smash Master
dont paypal as it takes money of me when i transfer it to my bank account. Instead, ill pm you guys my bank account and just transfer money to it from yours by online banking or at your branch. Im to lazy to go downstairs atm as im well rough so expect the pm later or in the morning.

craiigg

Smash Lord
wassup, speaking to joe about this now

Joe says:
7 for pertol, 30 for fuel, 20 for entry.
looking at £100
craiigg <3 says:
and its when
Joe says:
april 2-4th
1 week after gt2
craiigg <3 says:
thing is im waiting back from 3 business about some projects which could get me near £3000
but i dont know yet
Joe says:
wow
so without that backing, whats your chances of going?
0?
craiigg <3 says:
not 0
but i wouldnt keep my seat open if someone else can definately come
if it doesnt happen that is
but ill know prolly mid this week

obviously if someone can go that's been interested/better organised than me then take em but would be nice to get dutch crew back =D

J03

Smash Master
About Berlin. As ed doesnt have the funds ill be booking the ferry there and back. i need the 7 confirmed or i wont book. on my list is:-

Me - confirmed
Ed - confirmed
Alan - confirmed
Yeniths
Beast
Robby
Mike

please confirm or confirm on their behalf (robby for mike and sam) i need your full names. also please dont confirm unless you have a passport lol. Ed if i need anything else let me know. I want to book by the end of the week

Also i have a problem with beast mike and Robby coming. im worried that having all 3 of you there will encourage you guys to basically become your own 'group' and possibly disrupt the dynamic, basically i want a good time. Im like 99% sure its not gonna be an issue but can you guys please be aware of it =D

i dont so much need you to confirm, but i definatly need your details...

Kone

Smash Master
Joe - when you are ready to book please do so with me online. We can go through it step by step to ensure the right times are booked and you will need my car details etc. From everyone else you only need their first names and surnames.

Mike is definetly confirmed and so is robby and same I believe.

VA

Smash Hero
We're all confirmed? I posted it in another thread. I think it's kind of lame that you said that thing about the group joe. It's like me saying if you will and alan go I'm worried about you becoming a group. Personally I wouldn't even think about something like that.

tbh ed and mikey are going to be homo loving each other all the way to germany, power tripping with their superior age etc etc. I'll be telling Yeniths everything I know about smash and beast will sit there in silence, amused by the goings on inside his head.

Kone

Smash Master
Ferry Information​

£70 return. £10 each.

Leave Thursday at 16.45 arrive France for 19.00. Arrive Berlin midnight.

Ferry back at 15.00. Leave Berlin early monday morning. Everyone home from evening monday.

Alan/Joe/George - Want to head to mine Wednesday? get some practice in and the local pub has a football table lol NW V WM ;).

For alan Liverpool-Birmingham is £1 lol and get you in at 11.30 am. Megabus.

Joe - You have three options with megabus for £4 (9.30am, 8pm, 11pm). Train from manc is £15 single and takes two hours wth two changes. Upto you obviously what you want.

Edit - Joe there are alot of funfares from manc to brum for £4 with national express at moe reasonable times on the wed. May want to check them out.

George - Worcestr to Stourbridge junction is £5 return and takes thirty minutes. You have alot of options so it is upto you whether you come for wednesday nigth fun or early thursday before we set of.

Ill be leaving Brum for 11 on the Thurs.

Robby/Mike and Sam I wont be going via Brighton as it adds on two hours. Blame the souh coast for not ahving a decent motorway. You need to go somewhere convenient for pickup. I propose that you get the nationalexpress coach from brighton to london and jump off at the Gatwick stop. It isnt far fromthe M25 for me. Get there for around 2 and we will be in good time for dover. Checked prices and it'd be a £4 coach.

Let me know if there are any issues with the dates and times. We can work round them if needed.

J03

Smash Master
Ed- i got uni now so ill be online from about 6 onwards. Also Need to raise a few points. My+Chloes Aniversary is on April 1st, i also have a lectre that day from 2-4. Now id love to see Chloe on our anniversary haha, so want to talk to you on msn for a few mins about possible solutions. Shes easy going and if i had to miss it its not the end of our relationahip of anythign silly.

Robby- Im Sorry about the groups thing, i mean it too. I dont know what i was thinking, i got a notion in my head and just ran with it =/. Again im sorry dude.

Ed if we only need first/last names then i got um all. you sure we dont need middle names?

Craig Ceddon
Alan Mcdonald
George Boon
Robert Gee
Michael Stern
Samuel Scaife

just a reminder ill be back and ready to book around 5-6 tonight. Ed plox be online, same to anyone else who want some HYPE ^_^. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Kone

Smash Master
Joe - Yeah we may have issues with that. Basically, there no crossings on the friday that are affordable (without adding on quite abit more each). Cheapest crossing we could take is very early Friday morning and for £90.

In terms of Thursday the later we go on the thursday the more costly it gets. I alo just realised its a 9 hours drive from calais to berlin which im pretty gutted about. Dont know why I thought it was 5 hours. This means we in fact should take a earlier ferry on the thursday.

The journey time from calais to berlin is so crappy that we cant do early morning ferries like last time. Driving 2am onwards for 9 hours is abit ****ty for me and mike.

We can look at the ferry times later and discuss this but not sure what we can do. I completely understand that you dont want to miss your anniversary with chloe for this (i know kate would be peed at me) though your lecture isalso at a poop time :lick:

ps im having to throw a major sicky this week to make this lol

Edit - f things get ****ty we could potentially go late thursday maybe and camp a night in like holalnd or belgium to break the jounrey up. Ive not put any thought into this idea though lol

J03

Smash Master
hmm, considering ill prolly have to miss that lecture anyway, i suggest we leave earlier on thursday.

though im loving he camping idea, sounds like a good time waiting to happen. Or at very least a bad time which well tell our grandkids about xD

Kone

Smash Master
Yeah the 9 hour drive knacks things in general. Didnt realise it was going to be so long. Means we are going to be leaving pretty early thursday morning and that you guys need to be at mine very erly thurs or wednesday makes more sense. Im going to look at the route and plan in a substantial break somewhere as 9 hours in the car is not going to be pleasant for any of us.:chuckle:

J03

Smash Master
agreed. i reckon one stop every 3 hours, one of um being a relatively large one, maybe if we see womewhere nice of someting i dunno. are you following googlemaps directly from calais to berlin?

J03

Smash Master
haha we take the same road up to antwerp, except we go south bound on the ring road this time xD, lets keep our eyes open for the go**** turnings =P

theres a nice big park at essen/dortmund that we drive relatively close to 3h 44m called naturpark Hohe mark

another about 30 mins before we hit Hannover

other then parks i imagine itd be really nice to stop off at any proper quaint lil towns =D

edit off to uni, be back bout 5.30

Kone

Smash Master
Yeah joe it would be quite nice to stop of somewhere quaint for wee while and grab something to eat. Not sure how do-able this is though. Ill look at google maps later and see whats what and if theres anywhere that we can easily pull of at.

Alan - Yeah Wed makes the most sense especially for yourself. You cant moan at £1 buses lol. Also, you get to see my new house LOL :chuckle:

Kone

Smash Master
Yeniths has flaked. There is a car seat available. We really want to get this booked by 2moro night. We are leaving thursday coming back monday. Ferry is £10. Petrol is £30 and then your tournament stuff on top.

If you are interested reply asap!

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
When do we have to pay the petrol fee by?

/e actually last I checked the venue was full =/ unless he's booked for more

/e2 nvm limit was raised I see =) All I need to do is double check my term times and tell my parents.

Kone

Smash Master
Alex all you need to pay is 10 pound to joe at GT. Then the petrol money when we actually go. You are replacing yeniths so your already be registered.

Jolteon

That works for me dude, I just checked my dates and I'm off on the 1st of April. So count me in. :)

/e Ed get on msn if you can, my mates on.

J03

Smash Master
we are now booked for berlin.

Myself
Ed
Alan
Robby
Mike
Sam
TC

YAY!!!

everyone of you is coming to gt2 correct? pay me then, forget and ill tear your face off.

K00P

Smash Apprentice
we are now booked for berlin.

Myself
Ed
Alan
Robby
Mike
Sam <--------------------------------------------
TC

YAY!!!

everyone of you is coming to gt2 correct? pay me then, forget and ill tear your face off.
If that is me, Ashton Kutcher needs to f*** off, I refuse to be punk'd.

Kone

Smash Master
Okay guys I got some terrible news. I have had the most stressful weekend of my life and so many things went wrong in my move down to birmingham. The only one (though not the main one :() that matters to yourselves is that we lost the MPV. The clutch went on it on my way down on saturday which was ****ing terrible as i had to get towed to a garage in Doncaster and then wait for my dad to drop stuff of in a van in birmingham then drive to doncaster to get me and all my stuff that was in the mpv. THEN i had to unpack it all. So i have had a very ****ty and miserable weekend.

Basically to be blunt we dont have the 7 seater car. My dad is a mechanic and wont put it in for repair as he can find a clutch second hand and do it himself. I cant afford to pay for it to go into a garage.

That leaves us pretty much ****ed. I have my car but it is a 5 seater and im not sure what would happen in regards to the ferry crossing.

Sorry guys i dont really know what else to say. I have alot on my plate at the moment with moving so please tread lightly with your replies lol i aint had much sleep since thursday.

Im in Brum now and painting the new house. So will leave msn on regularly. Catch me on there if you want to discuss ideas to sort this out or get crap of your chest 1:1.

Joe if we dont go ill give you money to cover losses.

Also, lol, anyone is still welcome to come down wednesday or anytime this week/the weekend. Im bored ****less in this creepy new house on my own (though i painted the bathroom and it looks nice)

sorry folks, i do love you all, if this doent happen ill pay for the ferry ticket to paris and you can all have a free crossing k?

mucho mwas

x

Jolteon

Ok, no worries Craig. It's not your fault and you've obviously got a lot on your mind; so don't let this bother you too much.

J03

Smash Master
Ed, if you want to go in the 5 seater then me and alan can pull out. Were both immensely tight for money atm and Alan has a job interview which could have potentially meant he couldnt go either way =/. i'm pretty sure you guys would still be able to take the ferry although youd prolly have to update the registeration so if you need my details then lemme know

are you still hosting the fest this wednesday? << just finished your post, will prbs still amke it down on wed if i can drag coey out of rochdale haha

also gimme a ring if you wanna talk more dude

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom