• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Berlin Calling ~ 2.4 - 4.4 2010 [95 PEOPLE LIMIT -> CONFIRM YOURSELF !!]

Kone

Smash Master
da - try 0049 before the number you are attempting. This is the interntional dialling code for germany, you may need it?

milkieee

Smash Journeyman
I just sent him a pm with the information on how to get to tim's place from schoenefeld-airport but somehow there are some other issues with tim. We'll see how he handles it, Luma is with him so there won't be a problem at all and if they'll solve it as good as possible I guess =)

Aldwyn McCloud

Smash Ace
1. Armada
2. Amsah
3. Remen
4. Ice
5. Pasi
5. Aldwyn (retired, but I had to play loser between Amsah and Ice and would have most likely lost)
7. KjaB
7. Pepito
9. Aniolas
9. C
9. Pamaro
9. Baxon
13. Jeapie
13. Daumling

Hope I didn't do any mistake, this is how I remember it.. I didn't see the matches of Top 4 because me and the other Italians had to leave earlier so I'm basing myself on Oni's word.

Jeapie

Smash Journeyman
Any other updates?
yeah Pamaro is too good
Shoutouts too you man ^^
alright so maybe i will just do some quick shoutouts right away, here goes:

Amsah: This is PAL. Congratz with 2nd place tho, You need to teach me the goodies ^^
Wie wil daar springen

Armada: The beast from Sweden did his thing
1st in singles
1st in doubles
1st in low tier tourney `?`

I enjoyed the bracket match we played. I did alright right?
At least I was more of a challenge for you than back @ alliance when you 3stocked me 2 times =D
Also I do not understand how a peach can move that fast, you are crazy =o

Too good.

Remen : Your set with Armada was tense! Good stuff, thx for the friendlies as well. I will see you @ Zest ^^

Baxon: ahw man, we had to play more =( Your coming to Zest5 right like next month>? I`ll be sure to play you for a longer time being this time! ^^ ( MJ ditto`s )

Fernandez: als een aaron
Rian: als een Rian
Joeri: als een Joeri

Shifting Shadows: Thx for the friendlies , it was much fun ^^
Panda: another great falcon player. Dude it is like you are my twin brother. Our playing styl is too similair. It is scary! =o

Thx the guys for playing random stuff like bowser challenge and falcon challenge and FFA falcon only, lol xD
I forgot the nicknames of these people, =(

Kjab: Great team set man. You and your teammate made a huge comeback on me and fernandez. We got lik 2-0 and then you won with 3 to 2. Kjab is too good ^^

Pepito: someone who gets 2nd in pools gets 7th place in the singles tournament. Ha you also too good! There were too many good players @ berlin calling , altho some were missing too!
You got your revenge on me in teams. 2-0 and then you and C went sheik and fox and you guys won with 3-2 , best team set ever for me , thx
Want to play some friendlies with me next time? I won with 2-1 in pools against you but it was really really close. You gave my falcon a hard time with your fox man, I had to play fox too. For the first time in a tourney I picked fox instead of falcon haha. Anyway you coming to Zest5 in Holland? :D 7th place! o_0 ****n..

C: TIPPER!

Aniolas: Can we play some matches @ zest5 if possible? Its odd I have never had to play you yet and I would like to play some friendlies if thats oke with you? ^^
Congratz with 9th place in singles and 1st place in teams ofcourse!

singles: 13 Jeapie
Doubles: 7th Fernandez and Jeapie
Low tier tourney: Last place :p( Hoe is dat eerlijk )

I am pretty satisfied I think =)

thx to the german hosts for making this tournament possible!

Also this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwMHzaP69m0&playnext_from=TL&videos=Nq4D7qdjrWM

WATCH IT!
Thx to all players for attending this tournament and for this hype! =D

Aldwyn McCloud

Smash Ace
The tournament overall run pretty well. Organization was fine (although I was hoping to finish singles in time but meh, **** happens), the venue was smaller compared to other ones but still had enough room for us. There also were enough TVs for everyone, which was one of the initial concerns we had. Our return in Italy went into some troubles but in the end we made it so no real problem here either. Berlin is a nice city. For some reason I feel unstatisfied with my results. And it's not like 5th and 3rd are bad placings so I guess competition just bores the h€ll out of me nowadays lol. In the beginning I wasn't even sure wheter to attend singles or not, and actually wouldn't have played had the other Italians not convinced me to do so as my real goal here was just being able to see everyone again and play friendlies. Too bad CalleW wasn't there, I wanted to play him badly.

P.S. LOL @ me losing to Smasher89 in pools and getting 4 stocked from Ice and Remen (from Remen on video).

P.P.S. Amsah you lost the game ;)

Navn

Smash Apprentice
I had a good time! Next time i'd like to be destroyed by more top-players. I'm thinking it will help me focus on my faults when playing. I really appreciate Dax playing me for 3 hours straight between Sunday and Monday.

A thing i would really like to see is bigger pools for singles. My pool consisted of 4 people, and with the likes of Aldwyn and Smasher89, my chances for making it out looked pretty grim. I don't really mind that, but if i'm not going to make it into brackets, i'd like to have at least 4 / 5 sets before calling it quits. I really think we had the time for bigger pools, seeing as this was a Melee-only event. Alternatively, i could just be more open-minded and play friendlies against the good players.

@ Amsah: Also, this doesn't look like Eagle at all :chuckle:

melt87

Smash Cadet
Yeah, next time i will make it out of pools (hopefully without getting caught by emotion). Congrats for organization, thank you for pre-tournament housing. See you next time

Ryuker

Smash Lord
Had a great time guys ^^.

Running went pretty swift. There weren't as many setups as I expected but we managed fine with what we had.

Great seeing old and new faces. Looked like Germany stepped it up. Carpooling over there was fun as hell. Jeapie, Fernandez(Aaron I know) and Rian you guys rock ^^.

Saw some great matches in the last part of the brackets. My favorites were Jeapie vs Pamaro, Remen vs Armada and Ice vs Remen. Crazy ****.

Hope to see everyone again at ESA4 and ROS5.

Might do some more shout outs later.

Kone

Smash Master
ros5? meh make sny ryuker! why make ANOTHER swedish tournament. SNY is ganin to be muc better lol

SNY = birmingham (2nd largest city) cheap to get to, HUGE UK presence i.e. good banter, 2 meals cooked for you a day, large sports hall, 2 kicthens, 2 lounges, bedrooms etc etc make it

Ryuker

Smash Lord
ros5? meh make sny ryuker! why make ANOTHER swedish tournament. SNY is ganin to be muc better lol

SNY = birmingham (2nd largest city) cheap to get to, HUGE UK presence i.e. good banter, 2 meals cooked for you a day, large sports hall, 2 kicthens, 2 lounges, bedrooms etc etc make it
Still planning on going there don't worry :p. It's just that ros5 and esa4 are earlier in the year ^^.

milkieee

Smash Journeyman
Hope you guys had fun =D

It was fun for me to play some of europes top-players I don't get the chance oftenly ^^

to play with remen, amsah & the swedes yesterday at Luma's was really cool too.

hope to see you again guys

VA

Smash Hero

lol fail at timing with Apex at the same time. I don't see the turnout being that much.

UK presence without one of the top 3? the rest is meh, not good presence :p

Kone

Smash Master
I dont think one of the UK's top three being away is really going to stunt the presence robby lol. Especially yourself who is pretty much unknown compared to charles. Also, the UK isnt known for its competitive scene but more is social scene and this is what will drag people here. On top of that im a ****ing good host, know europe well and will make sure this thing has ample turn out.

Furthermore, Ive already started to get the hype rolling for this and the majority of every countries scene is interested. Armada is confirmed and Amsah is likely to come. We already have money in the works to pay for amsah if needed. Apex wont have the same turnout as pound as people simply cant afford to travel to america twice a year meaning that a lot more people will make sny. On top of this it is the first sny therefore won't get 200+ but ill lay the best possible foundation so that next summer (sny 2 is booked) will be the largest tournament in europe ever.

Lastly, stop being a **** robby. Your post was NOT needed. First european UK tournament and you think it is necessary to undermine it like that? I can see straight through you robby and know this is you spitting your dummy out about Berlin. I have apologised.

Want to come to mine this weekend? lol

Top Bottom