• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bendigo Brawl at The Zone on 17th of May- Rules Added!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siyro

Smash Journeyman
This tourney is not hosted by me, I am just advertising this for those who are interested.

The Zone Family Entertainment Complex
Rohs Rd, East Bendigo, VIC 3550, Australia‎
Ph: (03) 5441 7046 ‎

The Zone Family entertainment complex will be hosting a Brawl Tournement on Sunday the 17th of May. Call (1300 THE ZONE) to book your place.

They have more then Smash too, If your interested in Laser Tag, Go-Karts, Mini-golf or Roller skates, this is the place for you. For those of you who are over eighteen and interested there is also a paintball area. They also have Arcade games and machines that reward tickets.

Here are a couple of websites with info for you too look at if you wish.

http://www.thezone.net.au/
http://www.bendigotourism.com/accom_result1/the-zone-family-entertainment-complex/

Rules!
Super Smash Brothers Brawl Competition!

Rules of Play
May 17th 2009 at The Zone
• Players will be chosen randomly to battle in a 4 player match
• Winners advance to the next Round until the final
• Players may choose control type or bring their own
• All Unlockable characters will be available
• Only 30 seconds will be given to choose character
• 2 minute time limit applies to each brawl match (Finals may differ)
• All Items will be available on Medium Level
• Damage Ratios will be set to 1.0 (Finals may differ)
• Any interference with other players may result in disqualification
• If a players pauses or restarts the match they may be disqualified
• Event Staff reserve the right to disqualify any player that does not adhere
to the rules

Major Prize : Qty 1 Brand New Nintendo DSi, Valued at $300.00
Other prizes anounced on the day
Register Now by calling
1300 THE ZONE
See you on the Day !
GOOD LUCK !!

# Management reserve the right to change any or all of the rules prior to the event
ATTENTION: Even though the rules have been listed the host for this tournement is open to changes prior to the day if it means that we are going to get a larger attendance.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay, Tanman and I will be running a second tourney for you all to enjoy...

SMASH ZONE
Bendigo’s Officially Unofficial Brawl Tournament
AKA 'The After Tourny'

Time/Venue:

Sunday, May 17th approximately 6:30pm – 10:00pm at the ‘Zone’ complex. In other words, after 'The Zone's Smash Bros. Brawl Tournament.

The Zone Family Entertainment Complex
Rohs Rd, East Bendigo, VIC 3550, Australia‎
Ph: (03) 5441 7046 ‎

Cost/Prize:

$5 Entry, Cash prizes will be awarded to 1st 2nd and maybe 3rd based on the amount received from entry fees.
1st Prize will be a minimum of $10 and 2nd, $5.

No refunds unless requested from Tanman/DrixonSypher BEFORE the start of the tournament!

Rules:

3 Stock

6 minute timer

1.0 Damage Ratio

Items are set to "off" and "none"

All characters available.

Refer to ‘stage list’ for list of stages.

All sets are best of 3 matches (With the exception of the Final, which is best of 5)

In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

Ganondorf, Bowser’s, King Dedede and Kirby’s suicide kills on the final stock of both players counts as a win for the user of the move, unless a breakout is clearly evident.

You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties. Controller settings (Eg. Tap Jump off.) Must be requested to be set before the match. Any damage done to equipment at the Zone or provided for the tournament will incur a fine.

Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

Stalling is banned*. Any actions outside of the game (Eg. Swearing, Physical contact) or that interrupt gameplay (Pausing) May result in penalties or Disqualification, depending on the offence.

Dedede cannot play on any stages with a (D) next to it (see stagelist below) unless agreed upon by both players.

If a player fails to make their presence known after being called, the next two players will be called for their match, and if that player has not contacted the Tournament organisers before the end of that set, they will be disqualified.

One Television will be dedicated to friendly matches. Please be courteous and try to rotate as much as possible, however, ‘Calling’ the next match is advised to ensure a place. Any Tournament based TV that is seen playing a friendly will result in either penalties, or an immediate disqualification from the tournament.

*Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 200% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

Event organisers reserve the right to change any or all of the rules, as the Rules are subject to change on the day, depending on the numbers/time, etc. Current plan is for a ‘Double Elimination bracket’ but may need to be changed due to numbers. Tournament Organisers of Tanman, and DrixonSypher can be contacted for any disputes, questions or problems.

Set format (In Order of Procedure):

1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. Random ‘Starter’ Stage selected
3. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
4. Each player may announce one stage to be banned from the counterpicks after their first win.
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches

*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match
Anyone who does not understand this process should consult a tournament organiser.

Stage Lists:

Starter:
Battlefield, Final Destination, Smashville, Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

Counter:
Castle Siege (D), Halberd, Lylat Cruise, Pokémon Stadium 1, Brinstar, Delfino, Frigate Orpheon, Jungle Japes, Pictochat, Pirate Ship, Pokémon Stadium 2, Rainbow Cruise , Luigi's Mansion, Corneria (D).

Banned:
Distant Planet, Green Greens, Port Town Aero Dive, Yoshi's Island Melee, Norfair , 75m, Big Blue, Bridge of Eldin, Flat Zone 2, Green Hill Zone, Hanenbow, Hyrule Temple, Mario Bros., Mario Circuit , Mushroomy Kingdom I, Mushroomy, Kingdom II, New Pork City, Onett, Rumble Falls, Shadow Moses, Skyworld, Spear Pillar, The Summit, Wario Ware.

Contact Details:

Tanman (Ryan Tan)
Email/MSN: ryan_tan100@hotmail.com
Mobile: 0418184279

DrixonSypher/Siyro
Email/MSN: drixonsypher@hotmail.com
Mobile: 0447037081

Current List of People Attending / Subsequent votes / Wii :

:fox:Siyro (DS) I'm up for something cause I got off work :)/ Food & Whatever / Wii
:shiek:EdgeGames
:sonic:Tanman (Maybe, if not I'll come watch) / Junk Food of some sort followed by Smash. / Wii

:yoshi2:Jei (Car, room for 3 including)
:random:Khoa
:ivysaur:Vermii
:diddy:Tibs

:wolf:Caotique (Car...?)

:ganondorf:Ugly (Car, Room for 4...?)

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Nix if I can I am driving down with people who are willing to come.
I'm capping it at 3 people not including me because of a baby seat in the car.
At the moment it's me, Vermy, Khoa and Lee but Lee most likely won't go so if you want...
Also I haven't even asked the others either lolol

Nixernator

Smash Ace
Quite obviously I was sandbagging dude, gosh people these days. XP. /Johns
I don't think I'll go Jei, Bendigo is just a little too far, thanks for the offer tho.
Edit: Lol tanman man sounds funny

Slashpockets

Smash Apprentice
You were only sandbagging because you know that you stand no chance against me. =P
I have to try keep up with Tanman man, I know pretty much all what Sonic can do.

Edit:
Jei, There is only one guy at the zone who knows what is happening there. He works from 10am - 6pm on monday so we should know sometime in between then.

Tanman

Smash Journeyman
Well, I took the time to call. 2 min time matches, 1 v 1, 1 match knockout was the gist of things. After that I didn't bother getting more detail of the rules since he said he'd draft them up tomorrow. Still, he said I stood a chance of getting there before the end of the first round (Which makes me think 1 TV...) and that DSi is mighty tempting. I'll just kill once as my Hedgey and then stall out the match, heh.

As for you Melbourners, I'd advise not coming unless you REALLY want that DSi; time matches suck. At least it's not free for all, but still...

EDIT: I would host at my place after though, but I only have one TV and I'd have to beg my parents and bribe them with cleaning my room and dishes for a month. Still, if you guys REALLY want I could try, very unlikely though...

Tanman

Smash Journeyman
*Pulls out the Game and Watch especially for Jei*

Now, I think you guys also have to register a spot, AND there's a cost involved, and this has to be done before the tourny I'm pretty sure... I'll get Drixon to check. But, if it is, I should be okay to pay your entry fees and you guys pay me back later/register you when I go down myself. I dunno what the cost is, so I'll get DS to ask/beg the guy since your interstaters you get in free.

tibs7

Smash Champion
i really want to go to this......do you know if we are playing with wiimotes or gc controller?

Tanman

Smash Journeyman
Alright, a few more MINOR details I missed.

Entry is $5 per person
Starts as a 4 person free for all, then we get down to 1 v 1.
Tickets available on the day, or you can pre-register.
BYO controller.

And... I think that's it. Yup, should be all. What time were you guys planning on heading back? I was thinking we might go down to one of Bendigo's many fine restraurants (Pay your own =P) Or If I can arrange it, Smash back at my place or something. I need numbers and times stat!

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
I think we need what time it starts and ends before we can make plans like that...
I can stay as late as whenever afterwards because I don't work Mondays but remember I have 3 other people I need to take home who most likely need to be somewhere the next day.

tibs7

Smash Champion
smash afterwards or whatever it is we're doing afterward is fine by me =)

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Yeah I think I'm down. I play like a ****** in timed matches, if the EB tourney is anything to go by, any car space for me?

Tanman

Smash Journeyman
Estimated start time is 12-12:30, estimated end time is 6-7 depending on numbers. At least, I'm pretty sure that's what he said.

Siyro

Smash Journeyman
They are still drafting up a final set for the rules. Will post the info when I have it.

And tibs coming means my chances have gone out the window is pretty cool.

tibs7

Smash Champion
haha siyro...time battles can go anywhere its so dodgy. i bet a scrub will win.

Tanman

Smash Journeyman
Alright, I need EVERYONE coming to Bendigo to post Here and state they're coming (Or subsequently, someone who states who's coming with them.) And votes on whether we go somewhere for a bite to eat, Smash at AdrenaLAN (Provided I can book the place/get prices...), both, if we have time; or something else like Cinema, etc.

I'll be doing my price scouting Wednesday, so best get in quick. Also, if you vote for eating, gimme an idea of what sorta eating you want to do/prices.
Current List of People Attending / Subsequent votes / Wii :

Siyro (DS) (Depends on work) / Food & Whatever / Wii
EdgeGames
Tanman (Maybe, if not I'll come watch) / Junk Food of some sort followed by Smash. / Wii

Jei (Car, room for 3 including)
Khoa
Vermii
Tibs

Caotique (Car...?)

Ugly (Car, Room for 4...?)

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I am going to Bengido! And take that Peach off my name, it's hideous. Replace it with something cuter, like Woxy.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Yeah and I don't usually enter timed matches with Pit...is it only ONE character we have to choose?
If so I will probably go Yoshi but that's still not a definite either..

Siyro

Smash Journeyman
@Caotic: Done and Done

@Jei: I'm not entirely sure what the rule set is yet, I just put those pictures there due to boredom, So you can have whoever you want there really, lol

Tanman

Smash Journeyman
Which means Leisha can come and possibly 3 others? Crazy.

Also Vermii, I'll bring Melty Blood if we manage to have Smash after so you can recruit me =P

Dedu

Smash Lord
take that Peach off my name, it's hideous. Replace it with something cuter, like Woxy.
Aww I thought Peach was tooo cuuuuuuuted for the rest of the cast.

Foxywoxy is huggable though ;)

tibs7

Smash Champion
gl condog the more the merrier!! i dont know if ill be using diddy tho.....takes a long time to kill and dies a low percent...my character will be a surprise hehe

NoahMotion

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, i'm from Bendigo and me and a few more mates will be attending.
Wondering how many people will show up?

Tanman

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, i'm from Bendigo and me and a few more mates will be attending.
Wondering how many people will show up?
A Bendigo Smasher? That I haven't met? Wow, make sure to seek out 'Tanman' at the tourny (Will be wearing Target uniform)

As for how many showing up, Me and 2 other Bendigo fellows, and approximate 6 - 12~ Melbournites. Other than that, whoever else turns up down there on the day.

tibs7

Smash Champion
A Bendigo Smasher? That I haven't met? Wow, make sure to seek out 'Tanman' at the tourny (Will be wearing Target uniform)
i lold at the targer uniform, and tanman bring this man with you to the next tourny =)

Siyro

Smash Journeyman
i lold at the targer uniform, and tanman bring this man with you to the next tourny =)
Lol, Tanman can't bring him. Cause I bring Tanman and Edge. I'm only on red Ps so the passenger limit of one between ages 16-21 applies (Edge is my bro and therefore he is excluded from that rule for me).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom