• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Beginnings of a new A.T.?

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Hey guys, I'm going to be late to work if I make this too long, so to make a long story short, I somehow canceled the landing lag of aerial wizard kick at the edge of a platform. Watch the vid and discuss please. I'm pretty sure it was the PK thunder that gave me sideways momentum, but I'm sure we can do some more testing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ua8ASE0egqY&feature=channel_page

ShinGaruda

Smash Journeyman
Huh. That is really bizarre.

It's hard for me to say, personally. I mean, it didn't seem to serve much of a purpose in the match. But it might be possible.

TP

Smash Master
DLA, you're not gonna believe this.

2 minutes after you left the chat, I did the same thing, only with Fair.

In both examples, we were both experiencing knockback in the other direction at the time. That is clearly the key.

Kalm can put up the replay of mine if he wants, he's got it.

This is an amazing coincidence.

:034:

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Yeah, the horizontinal momentum pushed you off of the platform - canceling out the landing animation.

Swoops

Smash Lord
NNID
SwoopsTii
Jekyll's talked about both of these things. He even uploaded a video of the f-air cancel one time.

The only thing is, no one has been able to recreate these with even a hint of consistency. It has all been weird momentum glitches where it's only dependant on the other player.

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
I'm thinking it only works when you are still in the influence of the attack's knockback. Lol I guess in doubles Squirtle could water gun you out of your lag. Probably not too practical.

weinner

Smash Apprentice
That looks awesome. Situational, BUT AWESOME. Imagine the mindgames we could pull off if we master this!

:034:

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Huh. I was testing this out and I found out how to instant Warlock Punch on demand. I'll upload a vid in a sec

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
lol of course I'm kidding, I thought it would be nice for you guys to experience some joy though

thexsunrosered

Smash Lord
you guys are gonna go crazy when I write up something about a new SUPER situational AT that I did; and no TP, it's not what you're thinking while you're reading this lol

Top Bottom