• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Beating MK's Tornado while on the Ledge safely.

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
Ok so I guess I'm being a bit generous here lol

I've decided to try and help out a bit more around the boards.

As most of you know there is probably no other place to be in the MU that is worst then being stuck on the ledge.

What makes it even worse is when MK's decide to nado over the ledge to potentiallly pull you off of the ledge with relative ease.

The perfect way to beat out MK's nado while being bound to the ledge is to Ledge Drop and Dancing Blade 1 towards the stage.

This is very similar to Ledge Drop Fair but the pluses to this is that it OUTRANGES Fair, and it can also combo into a second jump up air if you hit their Tornado at certain heights.

Some things to take note of with this technique.
1. When done properly you will still be glowing with invincibility frames.

2. If an opponent were to block the Ledge Drop DB1 you will have more than enough time to use your second jump to safely regrab the ledge.

3. If in the event an opponent were to run off the stage after blocking the Ledge Drop DB1 you will ALWAYS have enough time to second jump up air to hit them or cause enough shield stun in order for you to regrab the ledge with an Up B uninterrupted.

4. If an Mk were to try and Up B OoS or to just attempt a grounded Shuttle loop Marth will still be safe, as he is invincible at the beginning of the Ledge Drop DB1

I have also tested this out 2-3 weeks prior to posting this and I have already told a few other players before making this thread. Even if an opponent were to Perfect Shield it they won't have enough time to run off and hit you. As a matter of fact they won't even have enough time get off stage in the event that they did block it lol

I may make some more threads/contribute to other things such as mu's and stuff. But enjoy these for now I guess.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Never thought of that, good idea! I'll definitely give it a try next time I play a MK.

Ced5000

Smash Cadet
Nice find never could stop mk from nadoing me off the ledge, and do u think this technique is useful in other match ups to get off the ledge I could see the invincibility being a big plus to getting off ledge.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
The tornado thing is what plagued me for so long after my trip to the states (because of m2k).

However in my recent playing of him.... all I would do would do > ledge drop dolphin slash (weak hit) that would then combo into an uair/fair/another dolphin slash. (Tornado would hit you to cancel it).

-Cross-

Smash Ace
The damage taken is minimal though. In fact, Shaya's method is the best imo, given the fact that you can combo after it. Btw other options that beat MK's tornado above you is ledge jumping DB1. I think it has to be below 100% or else you don't get enough invincibility frames, and also you have to do it asap to get the max invincible frames. Going off of that you could technically do DS and counter, and in order to hit MK out of tornado with an aerial is that you have to hit his hurtbox during your first few frames of invincibility, but the chance of clashing is high, so it's not worth it.

DS or DB1 ftw!

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
Good **** Kadaj. Even I did not know of this :p
I tried to tell you about something along the lines of this in the BBR chat :/ . Kadaj expanded on what I told him and created this (all of this is his credit) but NOOOO you and the rest of the chat had to LAUGH at me......instead of considering what I had to say and expanding on it and creating something useful like kadaj did......
Just sayin

<3 BBR
Kadaj did not post this on japanese boards iirc

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
I tried to tell you about something along the lines of this in the BBR chat :/ . Kadaj expanded on what I told him and created this (all of this is his credit) but NOOOO you and the rest of the chat had to LAUGH at me......instead of considering what I had to say and expanding on it and creating something useful like kadaj did......
Just sayin

<3 BBR
Kadaj did not post this on japanese boards iirc
I did not laugh at you, I said that I did not understand the way you were describing it.

Also, DB1 from the ledge is still inferior to Fair EXCEPT to beat Tornado.

Freezewish

Smash Ace
I did not laugh at you, I said that I did not understand the way you were describing it.

Also, DB1 from the ledge is still inferior to Fair EXCEPT to beat Tornado.

You still think so even though Db1 outranges fair, doesnt require you to DS back to the ledge and has follow up possiblities?

**Havok**

Smash Lord
When Kadaj showed me this legit *** strat, we both facepalmed.

It took us how long to figure this out????

:)

<3 kadaj

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Without a power shield, you can't grab the ledge off of Marth from a planking fair anyway.
DB1 you're likely to be having your head poked upwards and just doesn't produce enough shield stun at all.

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
Without a power shield, you can't grab the ledge off of Marth from a planking fair anyway.
DB1 you're likely to be having your head poked upwards and just doesn't produce enough shield stun at all.
so you being below the stage has your head poked upwards?

did you even try this?

Top Bottom