• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

bdacus

swordsaint

Smash Master
I was playing friendlies today, and I did a BDacus after a ledge get up, (no attack). Works amazingly well if you keep it unpredictable.

blub. you use msn? I need more help with the bdacussssss. you seem like you got it down 100%

swordsaint

Smash Master
never even heard of icq bummer

i think that a video of someone doing the input would help a bit. (as in seeing a persons hands on the control)

swordsaint

Smash Master
BluB seems to be the most consistent at the BDacus, so if it's not too much trouble, or doesn't invade the privacy of your hands (lol) can you do it?

BluB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Crazy_Arni
ahm, I could do it probably tomorrow.
I also want do make a falco tech skill vid. Well, then I'm going to make both tomorrow.

E: I'm going to make the video tomorrow. I do not have time today.

swordsaint

Smash Master
Blub, try giving it a go out of an empty landing...when I was jumping around I felt like I buffered a dash. and if you can buffer a dash you can bdacus.

BluB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Crazy_Arni
k, I'm going to try that out today when I wake up.

I Dair You

Smash Ace
NNID
mike824
3DS FC
0834-4241-7942
This is how I bdacus, the inputs must be executed very quickly.
Click the control stick forward.
Input dash attack and click the control stick forward again at the same time.
As dash attack animation is about to start, hold up+Z.
Basically the same as a regular dacus, except it's buffered and the frame window for pulling it off is more limited.

DCStyle

Smash Apprentice
The bigger issue isn't really inputing the three actions (control right, neut control, up smash twice) as the timing for those are universal.
The bigger issue is actually knowing when to input the three actions after the lag begins.

I think?

Edit: I got the u-smash to bdacus down consistently because of timing the directional input right when falco's back leg starts crossing his front leg into his normal stance.

swordsaint

Smash Master
I think I've been doing it wrong. I've been under the impression the input was dash > c-up > c-up

not

dash + c-up > C-up

DCStyle

Smash Apprentice
To answer that question:

Some ending lag takes so long that dash, c-up, neutral, c-up works.
Some ending lag is so short that you need to dash + c-up, neutral, c-up it.

Either way, you need to have the directional stick neutral before your second c-up.

M@v

Subarashii!
im practicing seriously for the first time right now, and I'm hitting it about 25-30% of the time out of the dthrow, and about 50% of the time out of spotdodge, and every time I screw up. The input motion isn't bad; its timing it right that's tricky. Your timing has to be dead on for it to work.

im practicing it out of dthrow and spotdodge to start off, and im having an easier time with the spotdodge. just start inputing the bdacus immediately after you put the spotdodge motion in, since falco's spotdodge is so fast.

EDIT: after 10 more minutes i almost got spotdodge bdacus down consistent. This isn't as bad as I thought :p.

Although, I tried doing one of those shdl ones. that will take me a few days probably X_X

M@v

Subarashii!
yeah like I said, I think spotdodge bdacus is the easiest, followed by dthrow. It might just be my personal preference though. With the spotdodge, try the inputs right after you input the spotdodge. You may have to wait a very minute time, but I may have just adjusted without consciously realizing it.

rolrctermaniac

Smash Apprentice
In my first round at MLG I killed my opponent with a bdacus out of a SHDL. and M@v i think d throw is way easier than spotdodge.

I Dair You

Smash Ace
NNID
mike824
3DS FC
0834-4241-7942
Just to clear some things up, I've been doing the BDACUS before I even knew it was considered different from a DACUS... Around the time Diddy's BDACUS was discovered it became coined that Falco also one. But guess what?
THE BDACUS DOES NOT HAVE TO BUFFERED THROUGH AN ATTACK OR SPOTDODGE AT ALL.
It can be buffered through Falco's startup dash animation, and the inputs shown here seem WAY harder than how I do it. Try this:
1. Flick control stick forward.
2. As soon as Falco's dash animation starts, flick the control stick forward again and simultaneously DACUS. The only difficulty in it is in the timing.

Heres some effective BDACUS setups:
1. Double short hop fasftall>laser>bdacus
2. IAP>bdacus (Extremely effective if opponent is airborne bc IAP hits them into the ground)
3. Of course the dthrow BDACUS.
4. dthrow (waits for opponent to airdodge)...BDACUS ;)
5. At lower pecentages, bair>BDACUS chains well if they're not expecting it.

Furthermore, it is not so much the BDACUS that will boost Falco's metagame, but the BUFFERING ASPECT. His dacus, his dair, his boost pivot grab, and especially his dthrow buffer extremely well. Here's a clip of me using BDACUS and other buffered moves:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLeWnq70_kA

SSSnake

Smash Journeyman
i thought your "dash grab" was pretty good, but who was the samus? no offense but there were some points where the samus didnt respond or just had a slow response time...

I Dair You

Smash Ace
NNID
mike824
3DS FC
0834-4241-7942
The Samus was Muz, the best Samus I've played. He edited that clip from 5 friendlies. It's not an attempted combo vid or anything, its just showing how buffering speeds up Falco's game.

Meta knight no.1

Smash Rookie
i know how to do a DACUS but not a BDACUS
: only a game cube controller and do a DACUS and a Bdacus

FORWORD(hold forward then when u do cstick down u can slide the moveing thing to up)+ cstick down+slide round to up+ Z

do it on snake first so after you know how to do u can do it on falco ,shiek, wario, wolf ,jigglipuff

if dosent work go to youtube type it dacus tutorial
easyer way:How to DACUS with Sheik vid from jackierabbit5

hope it works:)

ludvigpasse

Smash Cadet
i know how to do a DACUS but not a BDACUS
: only a game cube controller and do a DACUS and a Bdacus

FORWORD(hold forward then when u do cstick down u can slide the moveing thing to up)+ cstick down+slide round to up+ Z

do it on snake first so after you know how to do u can do it on falco ,shiek, wario, wolf ,jigglipuff

if dosent work go to youtube type it dacus tutorial
easyer way:How to DACUS with Sheik vid from jackierabbit5

hope it works:)
Excuse me but are you some kind of ******?

Ignoring the fact that you basically ***** the English language by using words as "FORWORD" and "moveing" and "only a game cube controller and do a DACUS and a Bdacus"
This thread is about Bdacus, NOT Dacus. Almost everyone can perform the Dacus, and theres alot of guides right on this site on how to do it, and on youtube. Besides you dont need a gamecube controller to do the dacus or bdacus. There is something called, customize the controller settings. and you can give the wiimote a c-stick by making the 4 arrows be smashes. And grabbing with the "1" or "2" instead.

Ray Robo

Smash Ace
NNID
RayRobo
Now reading about this I have just realized when I was practicing my DACUS I did bDACUS after my dash attack by accident. It's unpredictable and helpful if used wisely. The way I do it is like dash then extremely fast and literally right after do the inputs for DACUS. I use gc controller btw.

AGENT-DOUBLE-D

Smash Rookie
Bdacus, instead of using Z to initiate the usmash you use A, i set my attack to the L button as well as normal green A since i use R to sheild anyway, for those who dont know & wana know

z3r0C0oL

Smash Apprentice
So I finally click this thread to see what this bdacus is and WOW, ive been doing this **** since i dunno, last year lol .

I recall seeing Japanese Falco (bombsoldier?) do this to a MK on Smashville and wonder how the hell he got sooo much distance with his dacus.

After learning Sheik and her DACUS, i realized that it works for Falco and , Snake, and it gives Fox a Dacus, Fox timing is the hardest to do.

I should have made a thread ages ago, sorry guys.

Like people have already stated, D throw to Dacus is great tool for those who dont expect it.

Edit: I didnt read the entire thread, but the easiest way to do it is to change R to Attack, then use that in place of the shorter Dacus. Im not calling it bdacus, its still just a dacus with different input :p

.AC.

Smash Lord
So I finally click this thread to see what this bdacus is and WOW, ive been doing this **** since i dunno, last year lol .

I recall seeing Japanese Falco (bombsoldier?) do this to a MK on Smashville and wonder how the hell he got sooo much distance with his dacus.

After learning Sheik and her DACUS, i realized that it works for Falco and , Snake, and it gives Fox a Dacus, Fox timing is the hardest to do.

I should have made a thread ages ago, sorry guys.

Like people have already stated, D throw to Dacus is great tool for those who dont expect it.

Edit: I didnt read the entire thread, but the easiest way to do it is to change R to Attack, then use that in place of the shorter Dacus. Im not calling it bdacus, its still just a dacus with different input :p
bdacus is a totally different thing than what you think it is

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
Ahem.

Brawl has a 10-frame buffer window and moves at 60 fps. This means you have 1/6th of a second before your animation finishes to input control stick to the side, let it return to neutral, then when it's returned (or while it's returning), C-Stick up twice.

Yes, you have to let the control stick return to neutral before the FIRST C-stick. The idea here is you want to input a dash attack, then an upsmash, during 1/6th of a second. If you hit control stick and c-stick at the same time, the game reads running upsmash. You have to input the first c-stick while the control stick is returning (or has already returned) to a neutral position. The second c-stick inputs the upsmash.

If you're trying to learn BDACUS, I recommend first analyzing the timing for the move you want to BDACUS after. For those of you still learning, I recommend Dthrow.

To start, try buffering a dash attack using these controls with Dthrow. Perform your Dthrow, then, roughly around when Falco shoots his very last laser downwards, input control stick to the side, return to neutral, c-stick up. If you UpSmash, you inputted the Dash too soon, or you didn't allow the control stick to return to neutral. If you sliding UpSmash, you inputted Attack too late. Once you can consistently do an instant Dash Attack out of Dthrow, move on to BDACUS. All you're doing is adding a C-stick up after the first two motions.

While practicing BDACUS, if you...

UpSmash - You are performing the Dash, and probably the first C-stick, too soon or too close together.

Sliding UpSmash, but not very far - You have the motions perfectly, but are not inputting them fast enough.

Dash Attack - You have the motions properly but are not inputting them NEARLY fast enough. Specifically, the second C-Stick is coming out too late to cancel the Dash Attack.

Laser - Something's wrong with you.

*vanishes again for another few months*

This should probably be stickied or something. I'm not sure how I missed it the first time through, great job.

Twinster

Smash Cadet
I started to do Bdacus after a spot dodge witch after a while became really easy. What I think is if you start out with spot dodge and work your way up through something like d-throw then to SHDL then it will come to you very easy.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I don't know if i asked this already, but i'm having trouble with Bdaucus, but my friend pulls it off all the time after a SHL :l
Any suggestions on the easiest way to perform it? Or at least a frame depiction.

Twinster

Smash Cadet
@Lucas Perfected
Try doing it after spot dodge before anything, in my opionion, it is the easiest.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcDLKBJyQzk is an excellent starting place to learn. DaB4sHeR (BluB) Explains it all in the description. Also in the video his hands are shown so you can somewhat learn what it will feel/look like.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Kay so guys, can we choose a Bdacus thread between this and Mav's?

Think it could be somewhat annoying for people to jump between separate threads for a discussion on a single thing.

You have TWENTY FOUR HOURS ♪ DUN DUN DUUUUUN ♪

Top Bottom