• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BC plays MELEE - no Brawl allowed - May 15/16, 2010 - Burnaby+Vancouver, BC, Canada

Ambios0

Smash Rookie
Diaknos / James, I am thinking AJ, Crispy stay at your place, Jugs and I somewhere else. Can you give AJ and Crispy a ride to venue I wonder. Also I need the address of your place. Maybe Crispy will call you tomorrow. Oh **** I am amped. Do you have a doubles partner?

Love Buzz

Smash Rookie
do you have a cell phone?

I'll give you my number(s) if you want to contact me. I'll help you sort out your housing issues but I'd prefer if we did it over phone (or possibly msn if you use it).
Neither Taffy nor I have a cell, but I could call you from my place b4 we leave tomorrow (~noon) or talk to you on MSN then. I could also try a pay phone once we hit the ferry or downtown van.

Deap

Smash Ace
NNID
Deap92x
im going to bring my camera for pictures and maybe im going to buy the canadian flag(if i found where i can buy it) i want all the people to sign the flag,because this is going to be my last tourny here in BC.

90% i'll comeback next year(january)

booshk

Smash Lord
btw how are richmond people getting to the tourny now that eric isnt here?
adam? how u getting there
man i dont wanna bus! : (

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Okay, cool Deap.

I just fired an email to a fellow from church. I'll call tomorrow to confirm that he got it. We gotta realize it's 2 days' notice, and I can't really promise anything. It's odd to have 40 strangers step into a public building with only 1 member there who you know.

It would probably play out like this, though:

4pm or so a few people come set up. We would be downstairs in the fellowship hall. It is a big room, and we could set up dividers to make it several mini-rooms. I don't see the need for that, though. Extension cords are a must. There are two washrooms close by. There is easily enough room for 50 people; during potlucks we have like 90-100 people there. There are lots of chairs and tables, that's not an issue.

There are places to eat nearby on Main street. Not QUITE walking range, but a quick 3 minute bus ride away. There's a microwave in the kitchen we could use if we are very careful to be clean up afterwards.Food and stuff is fine in the big room, so long as we aren't 3-year-olds and spill everything.

There is LOTS of free parking in our parking lot.

We could host the side events from 4:30-10pm. We would have to clean up by like 10:30.

I will not allow alcohol or drugs of any kind near or inside the church. If the folks allow us to have the tournament there on such short notice to a bunch of strangers, I wouldn't take advantage of that, but instead be respectful of the place. That means I don't want so and so going out to smoke weed and coming back. I would take serious issue with that. It would be stupid for someone to be at the tournament half drunk, too. There are plenty of places we could go for drinks after the tournament. If I can't be promised this courteous conduct, I won't agree to run the tournament there, even if they say yes.

We have a projector screen. If we can somehow set up the finals to be connected to the projector screen as well as the TV, that could be cool.

We have hot chocolate and marshmellows, we could whip those out at about 9pm. That would be fun.

Sound okay? Any serious grievances? I'll call by 11am tomorrow and have an answer. In the meantime, it would be good to arrange people who could drive TVs over to the church at 4pm on Sunday. The address is 109 E40th Ave. It is easy to bus to. It is near the intersection of 41st and Main St. To bus there:
(a) Take the normal skytrain to Joyce Station, and take the 41 to Main Street. (about 20 min)
(b) Take the Canada Line skytrain to Oakridge 41st, and take the 41 Joyce bus to Main Street. (about 5 minutes)

chocolate thunda

Smash Cadet
soooo... im kinda concerned about the people that are coming from OOP that do not have housing or rides yet. i've read some of the posts on the thread recently and no1 is addressing the ppl coming from other places and their requests for housing/pick ups from train stations etc.

with the tourny only 1 day away, BC needs to step up and take care of these people so that they want to come back again sometime instead of going back home saying how crappy of a time they had coming here. stop failing BC!!

ps. if everyone has been accounted for with housing and finding rides, then disregard this post haha

Love Buzz

Smash Rookie
do you have a cell phone?

I'll give you my number(s) if you want to contact me. I'll help you sort out your housing issues but I'd prefer if we did it over phone (or possibly msn if you use it).
My msn is saltyshanty at hotmail dot com

I added you and I should be around for another couple hours.

Michael_BluFalco

Smash Journeyman
Okay, cool Deap.

I just fired an email to a fellow from church. I'll call tomorrow to confirm that he got it. We gotta realize it's 2 days' notice, and I can't really promise anything. It's odd to have 40 strangers step into a public building with only 1 member there who you know.

It would probably play out like this, though:

4pm or so a few people come set up. We would be downstairs in the fellowship hall. It is a big room, and we could set up dividers to make it several mini-rooms. I don't see the need for that, though. Extension cords are a must. There are two washrooms close by. There is easily enough room for 50 people; during potlucks we have like 90-100 people there. There are lots of chairs and tables, that's not an issue.

There are places to eat nearby on Main street. Not QUITE walking range, but a quick 3 minute bus ride away. There's a microwave in the kitchen we could use if we are very careful to be clean up afterwards.Food and stuff is fine in the big room, so long as we aren't 3-year-olds and spill everything.

There is LOTS of free parking in our parking lot.

We could host the side events from 4:30-10pm. We would have to clean up by like 10:30.

I will not allow alcohol or drugs of any kind near or inside the church. If the folks allow us to have the tournament there on such short notice to a bunch of strangers, I wouldn't take advantage of that, but instead be respectful of the place. That means I don't want so and so going out to smoke weed and coming back. I would take serious issue with that. It would be stupid for someone to be at the tournament half drunk, too. There are plenty of places we could go for drinks after the tournament. If I can't be promised this courteous conduct, I won't agree to run the tournament there, even if they say yes.

We have a projector screen. If we can somehow set up the finals to be connected to the projector screen as well as the TV, that could be cool.

We have hot chocolate and marshmellows, we could whip those out at about 9pm. That would be fun.

Sound okay? Any serious grievances? I'll call by 11am tomorrow and have an answer. In the meantime, it would be good to arrange people who could drive TVs over to the church at 4pm on Sunday. The address is 109 E40th Ave. It is easy to bus to. It is near the intersection of 41st and Main St. To bus there:
(a) Take the normal skytrain to Joyce Station, and take the 41 to Main Street. (about 20 min)
(b) Take the Canada Line skytrain to Oakridge 41st, and take the 41 Joyce bus to Main Street. (about 5 minutes)
its a church so pple gotta keep it clean dawg

Metà

Smash Master
Thanks for pulling through and getting us a venue Manuel. I really appreciate it, and I'm sure everyone else going will too. What's the name of the church though? I'd like to put it in the first post along with the directions.

Metà

Smash Master
Diaknos / James, I am thinking AJ, Crispy stay at your place, Jugs and I somewhere else. Can you give AJ and Crispy a ride to venue I wonder. Also I need the address of your place. Maybe Crispy will call you tomorrow. Oh **** I am amped. Do you have a doubles partner?
you and kaelen can stay at my place. I talked to James about that the other day

I may be having taffy and love buzz stay at my place too though, but I have lots of space. I just need to make sure my parents are ok with it.

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Immanuel Baptist Church
109 E40th Avenue

It is on the corner of Quebec St. and 40th. So when you get to Main street, walk two blocks north (from 41st to 40th, there is a street in between called Woodstock or something) and turn LEFT. You'll see the church almost immediately. We can enter from the parking lot, going down the stairs. I'll have the door open.

We are actually allowed to use the building for free, which is a lot better than a small community centre charging us like $500. I really need to ask that we be courteous, though. Please, let's treat the place as if someone is graciously enter their house, because that is what's happening. I repeat, there can be no drinking or smoking or anything like that during the tournament. If you need to smoke or drink oh-so-badly, there's always after the tournament, and there are nice places to eat and drink. I was thinking we could go to Simply Delicious with Deap after the tournament, it's relatively inexpensive and it's nice.

If someone decides to ruin this for us, it'll be very disappointing.

That aside, y'all are invited to come on Sunday morning, we have service at 11am til 12:15pm. Normally we go out for lunch after, and anyone who comes is welcome to chill with us til 4pm, when we start setting up. =]. I am looking forward to organized crews as well, complete with commentary.

=D

Walking directions:

VA

Smash Hero
Manuel I spoke to Alex Strife and he said someone will DEFINITELY drive you back to NY from Apex. Also there is a housing thread, please come man xD

Bamesy

Smash Ace
...making interesting maneuvers in the Okanagan...
You're supposed to team with AJ since Chris and Kaelen are teaming and you guys would make a good team.

You staying with Evan will be good for you, learn some Jiggs or something. Though it would be great to have you and AJ BOTH stay with me so I could help you as a team and individually. Is Chris driving or are you?

Whatever, see you tonight.

I might team with Will but he hasn't confirmed and might not enter doubles so I'll get stuck with nobody and have to singlehandely pull more upsets for the 10th time in a row with someone not as good as any of the competition...again. :\

Recording setup is good, tested today and I can record commentary as well. I think we have at least three entrants coming with us in our car as well as two full setups plus my recording stuff. I guess we'll see you guys either tomorrow night or Saturday when we're giving you a Victoria style whomping.
Too good!

90% i'll comeback next year(january)
<3

Good stuff
Everyone read that lots
Did it pull through Manuel?
:O

Yo, there is a good chance that Jugs and I would love to stay at your place, Meta. Is there a number we could contact you with, I wonder.
I relayed everything to Chris so just get it from him. Are you driving and that's why you not staying here? ... Same question again, would be good to have you and AJ together. LOL

hype?

Manuel got this

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
btw how are richmond people getting to the tourny now that eric isnt here?
adam? how u getting there
man i dont wanna bus! : (
I called/texted you. I was hoping you might be able to score a ride and was gunna go with you. Either way we should go together. Fuzzyness and myself are going to catch a 410 to richmond center and then skytrain from there. WE ARE CATCHING THE 410 AT 9AM AT THE VERY LATEST. Just so you know...

My msn is saltyshanty at hotmail dot com

I added you and I should be around for another couple hours.
I added you bro.

you and kaelen can stay at my place. I talked to James about that the other day

I may be having taffy and love buzz stay at my place too though, but I have lots of space. I just need to make sure my parents are ok with it.
And we all know how often that's failed in the past >___> or at least I do.

Quic

Smash Journeyman
Fuzzy, you gotta rep for europe man =D
also, since this is in a church no live stream XD are important matches recorded?

Metà

Smash Master
Guys, does anyone have some working N64 controllers? They're hard to find these days... Also, I don't think I can find my copy of 64, but I have an N64. I think we'll have enough set-ups for Melee (or at least, we will if everyone brings them!), but I don't know about 64. Usually Rob brings a bunch of 64 stuff, but he's not coming... Dammit Rob! I wanted to finish what we started at UVic last time I went, lol.

Michael_BluFalco

Smash Journeyman
Guys, does anyone have some working N64 controllers? They're hard to find these days... Also, I don't think I can find my copy of 64, but I have an N64. I think we'll have enough set-ups for Melee (or at least, we will if everyone brings them!), but I don't know about 64. Usually Rob brings a bunch of 64 stuff, but he's not coming... Dammit Rob! I wanted to finish what we started at UVic last time I went, lol.
i lent jack my 64 system + ssb64 + 2 controllers & i probably gonna take it back soon cuz he said "i quit smash" thx u reminded me

Bamesy

Smash Ace
...making interesting maneuvers in the Okanagan...
how does bot20 work with OoS players anyway? Can they even enter?

still seems lame to me.

might as well just do a mini-tourney/smashfest thing.
That's because it IS lame!

Will and I will be teaming

...but we're arriving after registration ends so lol
You *****! Now I have no teammate again. DAMMIT WILL!
Every time. lol

Evan, I can bring my 64 set up. I have everything except controllers. 0 controllers :\

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Attention!!!

ATTENTION!!!

Vish, Toph, and Paff are arriving tonite around midnight at the train station.
Roby Extreme has allready agreed to house them for their stay here but we need someone with a vehicle to pick them up tonite and drive them to robys place. I have Toph and Vish's numbers. If anyone sees this and is able to pick them up try giving them a call! Dynamism, I heard you were picking up some others around this time tonight so I'm kind of hoping you could do the same for the Washington players. thanks.

Toph 808-352-1086

Vish 1-206-819-3452

Top Bottom