• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BC plays MELEE - no Brawl allowed - May 15/16, 2010 - Burnaby+Vancouver, BC, Canada

JPOBS

Smash Hero
will there be livestream of this?

also, who (if anyone) is confirmed for coming from america/toronto?

Bamesy

Smash Ace
...making interesting maneuvers in the Okanagan...
Side bet that Jack is taking 1st in 64 and I'll lose to him somewhere along the way!

Who's taking first then? Didn't Sion say he isn't going, Eric ain't here. Are Manuel, John or Ryan taking it or are Roby, Tiep or Adam steppin it up? Tim's not there. Fuzzy capable, Will maybe?

Too close!

Be ready Tony! Be ready!

unityole

Smash Lord
i wanna bet that john will take first, but not likely he hasnt smash for a long time, still he will probably warm up quickly.

other than that i say tony will probably take first.

edit: james u shouldnt bet on me taking 1st in 64, im not going. although theres the guy from victoria he might beat me in 64, and im rusty, so thats not a safe bet lol

Taffy

Smash Rookie
So my brother and I are arriving in van tomorrow and aren't really sure what to do for the night. Last couple times I came, people were up at sfu the night before the tourney playing smash. Is that kind of thing happening again?

Also, we still don't have any housing. I was told we could use the couches at sfu, but considering my first point, that hinges on whether anybody else will be there. Even then, we would only be able to use them for Friday night because the place is closed Saturday night, and that is why we are having day two at sfu Burnaby, correct?

Michael_BluFalco

Smash Journeyman
So my brother and I are arriving in van tomorrow and aren't really sure what to do for the night. Last couple times I came, people were up at sfu the night before the tourney playing smash. Is that kind of thing happening again?

Also, we still don't have any housing. I was told we could use the couches at sfu, but considering my first point, that hinges on whether anybody else will be there. Even then, we would only be able to use them for Friday night because the place is closed Saturday night, and that is why we are having day two at sfu Burnaby, correct?
sfu burnaby day 1 & sfu surrey on day 2

Metà

Smash Master
URGENT INFO, PLEASE READ

Guys, SFU is ****ing me over once again, and it's looking like day 2 might not even happen... I have spent pretty much the entire day working stuff out for the tournament, and I haven't found another venue for day 2. I've called every community/recreation center I can think of, and the lowest rate I could find was $400 for the day. SFU Surrey is going charging me a ridiculous fee if I host it there, and is requiring me to hire an event organizer or something, and would cost like $25/hour. Not gonna happen, sorry... I am still looking for alternatives, but it's not looking good. : (

Additionally, one of the rooms I booked for Saturday isn't available... Apparently, as of today they're starting renovations on it, which means that I had to relocate. I got us an even bigger room (map will be added within the hour) though, but the only problem is that we're going to need a LOT of extension cables and power bars. I think I can manage this though, and I even managed to book us 4-5 TV's, for no charge! If you were planning on bringing a TV though, please bring it.

Also, if you have a GameCube, Wii, N64, Melee disc, 64 cartridge, RF adaptor, power bar, or exention cord, PLEASE BRING IT, IF YOU ARE ABLE TO. I don't want there to be a shortage of equipment, and I'm really hoping this isn't a problem, cause we've already had enough **** happen to this tournament. Also, it is totally not my fault that day 2 got so messed up; blame BC hydro and SFU surrey if you want to blame anyone.

Metà

Smash Master
Well, that's the good news, but the bad news is that day 2 may not be happening.

Manuel may have a solution, but it would mean we have to start by 4 pm on sunday... Would that be a problem for anyone? 4 - 10 pm would be most likely, but that's only if Manuel gets approval from his church. It's not exactly an ideal timeslot, but it's better than nothing.

Oh, and if anyone's interested, I'm gonna try to take Fuzziness and some people out for karaoke and possible drinking. Any takers? lol

Taffy

Smash Rookie
We are coming from Victoria, yes, but are not traveling with whoever else might be going from here. To be honest I don't even know which of them plan to go.

Deap

Smash Ace
NNID
Deap92x
Well, that's the good news, but the bad news is that day 2 may not be happening.

Manuel may have a solution, but it would mean we have to start by 4 pm on sunday... Would that be a problem for anyone? 4 - 10 pm would be most likely, but that's only if Manuel gets approval from his church. It's not exactly an ideal timeslot, but it's better than nothing.

Oh, and if anyone's interested, I'm gonna try to take Fuzziness and some people out for karaoke and possible drinking. Any takers? lol
could i go??

i don't drink :ohwell:

Love Buzz

Smash Rookie
I'm in, and that church is a sweet smash venue, and day 2 time slot is better than none, and Taffy, are you coming with Victoria or what?
Taffy and I should be in van around 6pm, we gonna go for sushi somewhere, then ideally meet up with some peeps who wanna smash the night away (though I will need to sleep a little :psycho: ). However, if no one can house us or let us into SFU, we could always stay in a hotel, but I'd like to avoid that if possible.

And yeah, after Tim left, we have been kinda cut off from the Victoria melee players. Francis, Daze, and Howard don't post much on the facebook group and we don't have any of their numbers.

Is Timmy really not coming? :(

Patooty

Smash Ace
for some pple gotta enjoy it when they r drunk pple self conscious of their voice ***** & when ur drunk u forget all of that and feel on top son
You should type how you speak... This doesn't make any sense!
Typing unintelligently is only cool if you don't deviate too far from who you are....

*grumble grumble*.... made no sense ..... *grumble*

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
URGENT INFO, PLEASE READ

Guys, SFU is ****ing me over once again, and it's looking like day 2 might not even happen... I have spent pretty much the entire day working stuff out for the tournament, and I haven't found another venue for day 2. I've called every community/recreation center I can think of, and the lowest rate I could find was $400 for the day. SFU Surrey is going charging me a ridiculous fee if I host it there, and is requiring me to hire an event organizer or something, and would cost like $25/hour. Not gonna happen, sorry... I am still looking for alternatives, but it's not looking good. : (
Fuzz - Evan this does sound silly, theres no reason to need an "event organizer" and it does not cost $25 an hour for a staff member to watch over it. Either they're talking out of their *** or they just want someone to probably watch over the university rooms at I'm sure they prob dont feel 100% about non students and random people coming into the university

Love Buzz

Smash Rookie

^^^^^^^^^^^

Not to hassle too much, but we kinda need an answer cuz we are leaving tomorrow at noon and wont have any way in getting in touch with ppl after that.

Metà

Smash Master
^^^^^^^^^^^

Not to hassle too much, but we kinda need an answer cuz we are leaving tomorrow at noon and wont have any way in getting in touch with ppl after that.
do you have a cell phone?

I'll give you my number(s) if you want to contact me. I'll help you sort out your housing issues but I'd prefer if we did it over phone (or possibly msn if you use it).

DaZe

Smash Apprentice
Recording setup is good, tested today and I can record commentary as well. I think we have at least three entrants coming with us in our car as well as two full setups plus my recording stuff. I guess we'll see you guys either tomorrow night or Saturday when we're giving you a Victoria style whomping.

Yakal, I want my moneyz back!

Top Bottom