• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BC Melee Rankings: Late Fall 2012

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
I dunno what you guys are talking about other then Mike.. The community seems fine other then a few things.. laziness may be one of them but I'm planning on getting a venue and hosting in December. I help other players get better at this game and I also listen to advice people give to me reguardless of how much experience people have. So if there are other particular people that have been unhelpful and other problems to the community let me know either on here or PM me or something.. I want to fix this!

sad_day

Smash Journeyman
I dunno what you guys are talking about other then Mike.. The community seems fine other then a few things.. laziness may be one of them but I'm planning on getting a venue and hosting in December. I help other players get better at this game and I also listen to advice people give to me reguardless of how much experience people have. So if there are other particular people that have been unhelpful and other problems to the community let me know either on here or PM me or something.. I want to fix this!
i talked to violen about it and this is the address

5558 Lane Street, Burnaby, BC V5H 2H5

its like 5 blocks from royal oak station. i sent an email asking howmuch$$ to rent for 1 saturday.

u can look at their site n times here http://www.magicstronghold.com /contact_us

On that note, you guys need to seriously back off on Evan, and I didn't want to name anybody but we all know I'm talking about mike. You've said some stupid things before to a few of us and i was willing to look past it, but for the little while that I have you haven't done anything for the community other than **** talk to other regions and make us look like even worse. I don't care how much of a joke it is, there are bad jokes that people take to heart, and you have a lot of them. calm down.
y r u blaming me. i see adam n roby make fun of evan all the time irl. i just follow them cuz im a sheep bahh bahhh bahhh. i help new players get better by encouraging them instead of telling them what to do <good strat btw. i spend lota $$ for specific chosen peeps to in our community. n if u were aggro by some things i said in top 20 thread then good cuz if u got aggro then alota other did to, i was helping someone out of trouble. that person owes me bons breakfest now.

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
Well I'm deffinitely aggro by what you said on the top 20 thread.. But I think I understand your actions now.. anyways I'm gonna call that place tonight or check it out tomorrow and see if we can get something happening.

sad_day

Smash Journeyman
im enjoying a glass of remi martin before i sleep.

cuz tom is the day

where adam brown can possibly get rejected at the border & i lose 55$ on a nonrefundable greygound ticket.

gn. signing out.

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
Well Eric to answer your msn question before and what I meant. Its pretty simple. It's like what Kage said. Remember when we had players like Troy/Nick/Darius/Jeremy etc. We were all friends and could talk casually not just about smash but everything. They would welcome anyone and teach them how to get better and those players like Evan had problems before but they worked on it and changed because the community got annoyed by it.
Also if there was new players that he already knew in the community. That person would help introduce them but now I don't know more then half the players. Like Manuel met Tony and introduced him to me. If I was new I wouldn't want to come to a 2nd smashfest if the first one I went to was a bunch of people yelling ****! OH ****! GET *****! And especially if people were always like MONEY MATCH ME and if they didn't then he wouldn't get any games in with other top players because they would think they have to put money on the line.

Theres a lot of things that can improve but im not gonna post it because it'll look like im attacking people, but im sure those people know who they are.

Like smash can't be the only thing you guys do and there can be reasons to see each other instead of just smash. Choco also hasn't been coming to anything because he has felt the same way for as long as I have and even though we dont play smash we are still talking.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I wonder wtf happened in 2010-2011 to change A LOT of people this way.. i mean with ridiculous egos. I blame the internet for that change to become insensitive *******s.

sad_day

Smash Journeyman
i welcome all new players. i suggest everyone to encourage n build confidence for our noobies instead of telling them what to do n how to shffl n techchase n combo. just show em the resources available instead.

:phone:

Diakonos

Smash Lord
I don't think it's just what you do, but how you do it.

How people are treating people who are already in the community says a lot. A new player comes to an SFU hosted by Meta, for example. What does it look like to her/him if everyone is trash talking the host? If everyone is coming late? If people will only play with them for money matches? If everyone is swearing and doing drugs?

I'll give you an example. I hosted two smashfests this summer. Many new players came, ones that normally don't make it far out into SFU because of distance. Yet only a few of our regulars were there to greet them. Many of our regulars played with each other instead of engaging with them. And it was the NEW guys who brought setups and TVs, and it was the NEW guys who helped me clean up. Will and Eric are the exception here. The rest just high-tailed it out.

I think there's a lot of selfishness going on here.

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
lol community

as long as there is at least 2-3 people i can call up to play and like a tourney with 8 or more good players entering then its all good

only like 1 out of every 20 people wana keep improving when they get *****, the rest can go screw themselves and play brawl

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Well, maybe that's part of the problem. What if we wanted *all* players to have a drive to improve? Would our attitudes help them?

Divinokage

Smash Legend
That's not really for you to decide. The only real thing you can do is be nice to the people around you, that's all you need. The people that really want to improve will search for you guys or try to get things going by getting you guys to go to his place. The road of a student should be as such. When newers players want to play me, I just play them and have fun.. if they ask me questions as to how to improve then I try to help the best I can think of, even though i suck at it. =p

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
That's not really for you to decide. The only real thing you can do is be nice to the people around you, that's all you need. The people that really want to improve will search for you guys or try to get things going by getting you guys to go to his place. The road of a student should be as such. When newers players want to play me, I just play them and have fun.. if they ask me questions as to how to improve then I try to help the best I can think of, even though i suck at it. =p

turbo_ja

Smash Apprentice
Just felt like popping in and seeing how the BC smash scene is doing (good to see adam/eric are still in the business after 8+ years :D ). Looks like it's still live and well! If there is a tourney this christmas I'll come just to play for fun!

turbo_ja

Smash Apprentice
I reckon I don't play anything haha. I do enjoy link alot though for some reason..I'd probably do fox if it were realsies!

turbo_ja

Smash Apprentice
Aw darn. I have an exam on the 19th and the 17th so that definitely can't happen. Let me know when the next one happens! Or when you guys are just playing around

turbo_ja

Smash Apprentice
I'm going to get wooped by all of you anyways :p. Wow in 2 months time it'll mark the 10 year anniversary of me being on this website...why is melee so compelling..

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Stronghold is a sick venue, and I had a blast playing the new guys! :D They're really smart players and just have to become more experienced with the game; the rest should come naturally I think. Also a Falco ditto between Harry and Adam (not Noobking) would be hype as ****!

BC has two venues, people getting along, lots of new players, and some new birds. Things are looking awesome for Falcoland!

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
Using a magic the gathering venue is a great idea to attract new players. Just make sure they don't see evan or violence camp the whole match.

damn if I was a new player and saw fox/falco/falcon flying across the stage I'd get a hardon first, then a gamecube controller second.

Top Bottom