• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BC Melee Rankings: Late Fall 2012

booshk

Smash Lord
might not go anymore, this is the weekend before my girlfriend is leaving for 4 months. i'll have to see lmfao

and icy you guys will have to place better, play better, and beat better players in a season than 1 person on the PR and each other to be considered, if you didn't know how it works (this is of course a generalization but i'm sure you know what i mean)

Yakal

Torquasm-Rao
might not go anymore, this is the weekend before my girlfriend is leaving for 4 months. i'll have to see lmfao

and icy you guys will have to place better, play better, and beat better players in a season than 1 person on the PR and each other to be considered, if you didn't know how it works (this is of course a generalization but i'm sure you know what i mean)
I like the way you put this

FrenchToasts

Smash Journeyman
plz give me spot in erics car. i wanna go to bens house n i call shotty on that nice big couch + sleeping bag i used last time. gg.

:phone:

Bamesy

Smash Ace
...making interesting maneuvers in the Okanagan...
go booooooooooshk
Hi Yakal, here I am! I'm around, only when AJ/Eric/you or someone links me something these days though.
Icy, keep stepping it up, All you have to do is watch, listen and try it once, go again and again and again and everything comes in time. ;)
You guys seen Kaelen at all? How's Vic doing too?

Yakal

Torquasm-Rao
I propose bimonthly updates after we start having biweeklies at Press Start(most likely starting in January).
I believe the seasonal update is fine; it gives us a chance to reflect and make a concise decision on who is where and their current skill as displayed in multiple performances. Bimonthly isn't much different and smells less organised and more complex than it needs to be. With seasonal updates we can simply look at the standings in every tournament that season without being all "well I won last tourney so I should be above blah". What booshk said about pr placement is great. Somewhere up in this thread or the tourney thread lol

booshk

Smash Lord
So.... after the tournament on Dec. 17th... We work on updating this PR for winter?! =D
Wasnt it just updated ? A winter update would consider tournament placings that happened in winter (which isn't over yet), right? That's what we've been doing for a while at least.
But if panelists wanna random update up to u guys :o

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Hmm. I see the benefits of both. The difference is really just, "do we update every 3 months or every 2?"

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
I think it also depends on attendance.. specifically Daltsy and other Victoria players who won't be able to come up every other weekend.. I think we can do bi-weeklies, but big tournaments that involve WA + Victoria, etc. should count more..?

booshk

Smash Lord
Bi weeklies updates seem tedious, especially when we only have 3 panelists who aren't always present. Changing it from seasonal to 2 months is very doable but i really dont see too much of a point for that?

Ignore first part i thought you guys wanted to update every couple weeks lol.

Diakonos

Smash Lord
No, I think Eric's talking about how we could biweekly *tournaments*, and that might help us in making more regular updates. But he's also saying that we should remember that not everyone can make it to frequent tournaments, so in updating it'll be tough if someone like Daltsy can't make it out.

Though, I don't see much of daltsy anyway :p.

I'm fine with either. Maybe we should stick to every 3 months until we have some of those regular biweeklies, and we'll see how that goes.

booshk

Smash Lord
i see.

either way, wouldn't it hard for all the PR members to attend these biweeklies every time?

but yeah, we should just see how it goes with the bi weeklies.

Top Bottom