• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BC Melee Rankings: Late Fall 2012

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
That list looks good, don't understand what your trying to prove by taking yourself off (Well actually I do) but the decision is up to you.
I'm not sure what's left to understand. I am not going to be playing smash competitive any longer. It doesn't make sense that I remain on the PR if I'm not going to be showing up to tournaments etc. This is explicitly stated in the first post, mang.
my theory is manuel wants off the PR cause hes not #1.

Why? after cast4 he argued to become 1st on PR (even though he already said hes 'quitting', but failed and remained 2nd.

what would have happened if we agreed to him being 1st? =S
now hes resorting to just leaving the PR altogether. luls
Extremely presumptuous. It would benefit your ego to think that, and so you do. Refer to below.
meh, people tend to quit after not being 1st :laugh:
Jumping to conclusion; also induction by low sample size.
Why, because after playing against you all the time he does okay against you? I play against Evan all the time and when we go against eachother in tournament sets it's always just shy of even, but he does way better than me against other players. If you play with someone way more than everyone else your say should mean less, not more.
This is valid. But you're assuming that I haven't considered that, which isn't the case. It is not only with me that I see him play. While "learning someone's style" is a factor, seeing how he reacts to different situations is something that can be observed. Reaction time, creativity of combos, consistency in edgeguarding, all this is independent of the opponent. Technical consistency, even. Not only that, but I play a multitude of characters against him, thus throwing off the "play style" he might be accustomed to. And as an ex-panelist, it would be hoped that my judgment of one's skill is somewhat adequate.
At CAST he said he wanted to be off the PR.
Just sayin.
Thank you. And when I came back, I didn't argue for first. I said that if I were to remain on it, that I thought I deserved first. That's a big if.
What drama? This PR is a list made up of arbitrary rankings for a game that will never reach high enough velocity to escape and become an international phenomenon; a list that essentially exists to stroke the ego of it's users. A list defined by a competitive gaming community will ultimately never amount to anything in it's own respect. It's drama over nothing, plain and simple.

What drama? :laugh:
Good points, but I think you push the line in a few of them. The rankings have a screening process, and although human judgment of any sort has to be at least partly arbitrary (such as yours on the function of a PR), we have a methodical approach to PR placement as described on the first page. In this sense, it is less arbitrary than your post suggests =P. I do not see what the spread of the game has to do with anything, as this is a local (well, province-wide) PR, and does not claim to be representative of anything except that region.

It is a stretch to say that it exists essentially to stroke the ego of its users. It serves as recognition for players who have done well, and it promotes healthy competition. That is perhaps why we give out medals to the highest-standing performers at the Olympics, but I'm sure you don't disagree with that. Abuse of the PR is where drama comes in. :p

============
I am not planning on playing competitively any longer. I think this is plenty reason to not be on the PR. Regardless, am I supposed to justify myself for no longer taking part in this ranking? Come on guys. The PR is a good thing, let's not make it about ego or worth.

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
Lol Apparently you guys missed the whole part where everyone was QQ'ing about having a PR not updated and during that WHOLE time the panel lists were also saying it but not msging each other with their opinions. This is all during where I cared and wanted them to do something. When I finally didnt care anymore they wanted it updated. It happened for about 3 months where I just got annoyed.

Another thing was about 4-5 random people who i wont name was adding me on msn and emailing me JUST to say "Update the PR"

unityole

Smash Lord
Lol Apparently you guys missed the whole part where everyone was QQ'ing about having a PR not updated and during that WHOLE time the panel lists were also saying it but not msging each other with their opinions. This is all during where I cared and wanted them to do something. When I finally didnt care anymore they wanted it updated. It happened for about 3 months where I just got annoyed.

Another thing was about 4-5 random people who i wont name was adding me on msn and emailing me JUST to say "Update the PR"
u guys are to blame, john quit cause of u peep. lame

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
All our PR thread makers quit smash for some reason lol.

yeah.. waiting till after UBC seems best

Metà

Smash Master
Yeah, so busy that you couldn't even take off time to play Rock Band with me and Mark all day >_>

Not that I think uploading/editing videos is more fun than Rock Band, but, NO JOHNS. Seriously, just give the videos to me and I'll upload them. I can figure out how to edit them myself, as long as you give me the converted files.

Rusty Shacklefurd

Smash Lord
South-east of New Zealand, and no, you'll never fi
Yeah, so busy that you couldn't even take off time to play Rock Band with me and Mark all day >_>

Not that I think uploading/editing videos is more fun than Rock Band, but, NO JOHNS. Seriously, just give the videos to me and I'll upload them. I can figure out how to edit them myself, as long as you give me the converted files.
I say friday doesn't count as the weekend.

EDIT: BREAKING NEWS- All videos have mysteriously disappeared and will never be viewed by the public. What a shame.

Supertramp

Smash Cadet
I really should know but where the hell is the tournament page for UBC 28th? ill try and get some scrubs + better players to come out to the tournament.

Tim_Dalton

Smash Cadet
This thread seems to get the most attention so I posted here instead of the tournament thread.

Yay for seeing Vancouver smashers again! I missed you guys <3<3 Everyone show up to UBC and Jacks smashfest on the 7/8th please... MM's all around for ****s and giggles. Does anyone know how late the venue is open till/does anyone feel up to hosting me some smash somewhere else if we get kicked out? Gotta make the trip worth it...

best of 5 gg no re cause thats how we roll in victoria

<3<3<3<3

unityole

Smash Lord
This thread seems to get the most attention so I posted here instead of the tournament thread.

Yay for seeing Vancouver smashers again! I missed you guys <3<3 Everyone show up to UBC and Jacks smashfest on the 7/8th please... MM's all around for ****s and giggles. Does anyone know how late the venue is open till/does anyone feel up to hosting me some smash somewhere else if we get kicked out? Gotta make the trip worth it...

best of 5 gg no re cause thats how we roll in victoria

<3<3<3<3
according to brian, that he heard from the UBC host( s ), they have 6 TVs, with a +2 TVs possibility they might be able to get it for their tournament. i got too much work, have to study also 64 doesnt happen until 9:30 pm, so in the end i decided not to go.

they planned their schedule out fairly well, so look forward to their tourney.

Top Bottom