• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BC Melee Rankings: Late Fall 2012

Diakonos

Smash Lord
yuhh n1gguhh
nukkuhhhhh

bloody mary jesus 69 satan !!!

:phone:
Dude, what makes you think it's alright to be so profane and religiously insulting? Do you suppose that makes you a respectable person? I'm not a Catholic, but have some decency and remember that respecting others' beliefs is part of being a functioning member of society. I'll only say this once; if you pay no heed I will assume you know you're being insulting/disrespectful but you don't care.

Bwmat

Smash Ace
lol getting mad at mike. I don't know about everyone else, but I mentally filter out his joke posts without even thinking about it.

michael_li

Smash Ace
Dude, what makes you think it's alright to be so profane and religiously insulting? Do you suppose that makes you a respectable person? I'm not a Catholic, but have some decency and remember that respecting others' beliefs is part of being a functioning member of society. I'll only say this once; if you pay no heed I will assume you know you're being insulting/disrespectful but you don't care.
ya you think so?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BhoXYn11GoM

xXx-satan69_jesus666-xXx

:phone:

Jason!

Smash Lord
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCIfsxskC4c&feature=related

"When someone thanks god I don't get offended"

Get over it.

Diakonos

Smash Lord
:p Thanks, guys.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCIfsxskC4c&feature=related

"When someone thanks god I don't get offended"

Get over it.
Haha, the only way that this would be even remotely relevant is if your beliefs are being denigrated when someone thanks God. It's otherwise a pretty ridiculous comparison. It seems to me that when you say religious people should just "get over it" when their beliefs are being insulted, you're entitling and privileging another position -- your own.

The fellow in the video seems decent enough, but he too is being inconsistent: "I think I have to right to say I'm not a believer in god..." is not the same thing as "I am justified in insulting your religious beliefs." Part of the issue is that in an internet culture this quickly becomes a mob mentality and popular rule passes off as reason.

In other news, the PR is updated! :)

Yakal

Torquasm-Rao
Thanks a lot, Manuel. Hope to see you soon :)

y'all best recognize and step yo **** up
People are getting better everyday and if you aren't careful, you might get overtaken ;)

Bwmat

Smash Ace
:p Thanks, guys.
Haha, the only way that this would be even remotely relevant is if your beliefs are being denigrated when someone thanks God. It's otherwise a pretty ridiculous comparison. It seems to me that when you say religious people should just "get over it" when their beliefs are being insulted, you're entitling and privileging another position -- your own.

The fellow in the video seems decent enough, but he too is being inconsistent: "I think I have to right to say I'm not a believer in god..." is not the same thing as "I am justified in insulting your religious beliefs." Part of the issue is that in an internet culture this quickly becomes a mob mentality and popular rule passes off as reason.

In other news, the PR is updated! :)
updated where? I don't see any image in the first post...

Smash Apprentice
Dunno if this is the right place but, wsup peoples. I'm recently moved up here from the states, I'm not amazing or anything but I'm looking for some steady play, I live in white rock. Anyone want to get together and play at some point?

Top Bottom