• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BC Melee Rankings: Late Fall 2012

Harrisburg

Smash Journeyman
yo wtf what about me, :D

also, in no particular order cept for adam.. LOL jks

Ryan
Tony
John
Tiep
Eric
Manuel
Sion
Roby
Tim
Adam

Our pr *****, lets get this back up

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
any serious panelist nominations? i think yakal would be an okay choice

will is also a good choice (LOL ELEGANT.PANELISTS)

any others?
Well you can nominate me... but I won't be most useful until I get back of course.. unless I have videos and such =P

Until then umm I think Evan (Meta) would be an okay choice or Hitsugaya I think would be good too!

Tiep is a Sion fan boy lol...

Patooty

Smash Ace
[COLLAPSE="sion's stuff"]manuel, not to be mean or anything, but it feels like you're putting a lot of emphasis on him beating you and placing 5th. i'd really like to hear why you think edgeluca should be above bwmachoke. is it 'cause he beat you once? he did well once? iirc rotunda 2.0 was stacked as hell. it even had a mini round robin as a tie breaker. if brennan beat you and tim, there should be no reason as to why he didn't make it out of that.

and then he shows his incredible consistency losing to evan and booshk, two people that he has beaten before and should've beaten, given his incredible wins against you and tim.

we don't give spots on "maybes" and "what ifs", we give spots to people deserving of them. my question is, do you really want to give brennan the 9th spot, knowing that his consistency is shaky and is potentially slumping? i'm done arguing, manuel. it's up to you who you want on the 9th/10th spot. consistent matt or one shot wonder brennan.

and i'm honestly tired of posts like these. you state that you're unconvinced, then put up no coherent argument? then you give me crap like this:

it really boggles the mind sometimes.

think about it this way: was matt's performance disappointing the last two tournaments? hell no. was yours? you even stated it yourself. yes it was.

your losses weren't legit. you beat players of higher caliber than booshk and evan. there's no reason why you should be losing to players like that if you can freely say "i deserve 9th because i beat **** players like manuel and tim, but my various losses to worse people are legit". if you honestly think you deserve the 9th spot over matt after doing worse than he has, then please continue to say that you deserve it. otherwise, step down and do better next time.

i seriously need another(more) panelist(s). i'm tired of laying down the hammer and chewing people out.[/COLLAPSE]
If you don't do this, someone less capable will. Good work sion.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
yo wtf what about me, :D

also, in no particular order cept for adam.. LOL jks

Ryan
Tony
John
Tiep
Eric
Manuel
Sion
Roby
Tim
Adam

Our pr *****, lets get this back up
best pee arr ever guyz.

Also, the running joke about me being terrible is back in style I'd say. Ever since Ryan (sorta) came back into the community.

hey, did u guys know that I'm terrible at smash? XD

Sion

Island of Horizon
yeah, it gets sort of thankless at times, but some people help me through it. =)o

looks like the search for panelists is going nowhere. i think i'll just speak with manuel and we'll pick someone

Diakonos

Smash Lord
manuel, not to be mean or anything, but it feels like you're putting a lot of emphasis on him beating you and placing 5th. i'd really like to hear why you think edgeluca should be above bwmachoke. is it 'cause he beat you once? he did well once? iirc rotunda 2.0 was stacked as hell. it even had a mini round robin as a tie breaker. if brennan beat you and tim, there should be no reason as to why he didn't make it out of that.

and then he shows his incredible consistency losing to evan and booshk, two people that he has beaten before and should've beaten, given his incredible wins against you and tim.

we don't give spots on "maybes" and "what ifs", we give spots to people deserving of them. my question is, do you really want to give brennan the 9th spot, knowing that his consistency is shaky and is potentially slumping? i'm done arguing, manuel. it's up to you who you want on the 9th/10th spot. consistent matt or one shot wonder brennan.

and i'm honestly tired of posts like these. you state that you're unconvinced, then put up no coherent argument? then you give me crap like this:

it really boggles the mind sometimes.

think about it this way: was matt's performance disappointing the last two tournaments? hell no. was yours? you even stated it yourself. yes it was.

your losses weren't legit. you beat players of higher caliber than booshk and evan. there's no reason why you should be losing to players like that if you can freely say "i deserve 9th because i beat **** players like manuel and tim, but my various losses to worse people are legit". if you honestly think you deserve the 9th spot over matt after doing worse than he has, then please continue to say that you deserve it. otherwise, step down and do better next time.

i seriously need another(more) panelist(s). i'm tired of laying down the hammer and chewing people out.
I think Icy would be a fantastic panelist when he comes. Next time we need to update, he'll be around, I think.

I don't think you're making much sense, Sion.

I'm not putting a lot of emphasis on Brennan beating me. I'm putting emphasis on seeing him do well and place well. He did badly at the swiss bracket tournament (apparently; I don't know how it works). But that doesn't change that he did well just prior.

It shouldn't affect Brennan negatively at all that he lost to people being placed above him. Sure, he beat me and Adam, but those achievements shouldn't be used as ammunition against him for losing to people who are better than him... that's illogical. You might say that he's being inconsistent, but it hardly matters, since I'm not suggesting we put him above those people that he lost to. In one sense, he "should" be losing to those people.

I don't know how well Machoke has been doing, but apparently quite well. Has he done better than Brennan at the last 3 tournaments? That's why I'm asking for "who'd you beat/lose to".

Sion

Island of Horizon
manuel, before you make any further arguments, please review your material on BOTH brennan and matt.
though he did well at one tournament, i think that doesn't give him special treatment and let us disregard not making the swiss bracket

and i used that ammunition only to state his slump/incosistency

also, read the thread more

rotunda 1.0
5.Brennan
didn't enter iirc
5.bwmat
didnt make bracket.brennan
sfu62
7.bwmat - lost to silent wolf and boosk
9.brennan - lost to booshk and evan

all i know

booshk

Smash Lord
also in rotunda 2.0 if i recall correctly
edgeluca lost to yakal
and matt lost to me and i think meta
don't know any other losses, though

the way i see it is that yes, brennan did have notable wins at rotunda 1. however, he is losing to people like yakal, evan and me
the losses from 6-10 i see from matt are by me and i THINK meta. they're losing to pretty much the same people, but matt has outplaced edgeluca twice. in rotunda 1 matt didn't enter, but i think no entry in one tournament is better than not making it out of pools in edgeluca's case.

it really depends on who wins the argument between sion and manuel lol

Diakonos

Smash Lord
I don't know who's arguing.

I saw Tahsis' post. I guess I'm waiting for the players themselves to actually say who they beat/lost to, instead of some other guy saying "I THINK that ____".

I am clearly saying I don't know enough about Matt, which is why I'm waiting for proper information. Think about it this way; I have personal experience playing Edgeluca, and have considered his placings. My intuition and interpretation of the information at hand put him above Matt. I think it's close. Perhaps we should take into consideration what the more recent results were. Maybe that puts Matt above; I dont' know.

What I would like is some mutual respect.

Regarding Brennan's "inconsistency", I think it can hardly be said that he's being "inconsistent" by losing to people who are better than him. Inconsistency qualifies when you lose to people you shouldn't be losing to. Beating people you shouldn't be beating (eg. me) doesn't mean that we all of a sudden expect more from you; rather that you've shown you're capable of doing well. Nothing more, and nothing less.

It's like as if I beat Mango in a set, and then lost to Zhu. Obviously you're not going to point a finger at me, and say YOU'RE INCONSISTENT, LOOK AT THAT YOU BEAT MANGO BUT CAN'T BEAT ZHU. It's more like, wow, you managed to do well at least that one time, and then you lost to someone better than you, which is fine.

I hope that makes sense.

booshk

Smash Lord
i was just trying to help you with results, manuel. you can scratch the 'i think'-- i'm pretty much positive. if i knew where matt was, i would tell him to come and post his own wins/losses. unfortunately, i don't have him on msn or anything of that sort.

you do bring a point with the inconsistency issue, though. because if he DID beat everyone 6-10, and also tim and you, he would be a candidate for something higher, like 4th or 5th place, right?

but bringing the situation you made up: if you beat mango at a national but placed worse than zhu, would you be above him in a world wide PR? i would say maybe not. our situation is a bit different, but not by much.
but it's really up to you guys.

i am just trying to contribute lol. ttuls

edit
LOL i saw on your fb wall the capitalized 'Him' thing LOLOLOL
/creep

Bwmat

Smash Ace
well, as for my wins/losses, I don't really remember precisely, so I'll go with whatever has already been posted.

Honestly imo me and brennan are pretty close, and I don't have reason to argue one way or the other.

Sion

Island of Horizon
as panelists, we should really be paying attention to players and have a general idea of how they do. i think we owe them that much. i understand that you've missed the last 2 tournaments, but the reason i've been calling you out is because
1. you smash on very rare occasions
and 2. you go to a tournament, play only good people, and leave right after singles.
of course i'd question your judgement, but i can see that i've been somewhat of a jerk.

rant aside, i'll get to the points now.

i'm pretty sure we have conflicting definitions of consistency, manuel. it's not the fact that brennan lost to better people i'm putting emphasis on, it's the fact that he didn't make it out of swiss. i didn't say it wasn't really close between the two, but i'm pretty sure matt out consistency'd brennan. not taking away anything from brennan's accomplishments, it's just the way i see it.

your analogy was good, manuel. i see your point, but i honestly feel it's too early to give brennan that 9th spot if he hasn't shown he can play well time and time again. i believe matt has shown this. i honestly would like more time to judge these two, but i'm gonna stay with

9. bwmachoke
10. edgeluca

i got 50 bucks on matt's dk charged arm

booshk

Smash Lord
i don't know if either of you will give up your views on 9/10 spots

but i'm going to have to agree with sion on this one, even though my opinion counts for nothing

cept my fox is godly

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Your mention of precedence (w regards to Mattchoke having shown to be consistent in the past) makes sense. I think that since it's so close, the fact that Matt did better at the more recent ones can be the tie-breaker. I'll update now, if that's okay.

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Please let me know of any changes.

I am also thinking that I will consolidate a bit of space by making the "Player" and "Location" columns a bit thinner.

Top Bottom