• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BC Melee Rankings: Late Fall 2012

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Daltsy is 3-0 against Carl the Falsefalco. Carl lost to him and said he'd beat him next time, then lost again. Now they think he can beat Blunted.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Stevo

Smash Champion
If Carl is on his game it will be a good match.
vs. Dan too.

I dunno if you played Carl when he was drunk or something teh_icy, but Carl is pretty good.

BC > Alberta for sure though. No argument there

sad_day

Smash Journeyman
aàáâäæãåādam bröwñ aka x x x noob king x x x aka brown town aka brown boun aka **** aka facial aka inverse motha fukahhhhhhhh jiiizzzz

:phone:

edgeluca

Smash Lord
NNID
Edgeluca
3DS FC
2879-0257-1267
I still don't understand how we went from having Adam as 10th, to Matt as 10th, to me as 10th. Why did I go down below Matt when earlier on no one considered him to be on at all, let alone above me?

Yakal

Torquasm-Rao
matt...had a strong showing...? I guess?

he's actually really good, people just slept on him like a teddybear

I played him the other night, so good

except when he's terrible

also adamragequitcausehestoogoodfor10thorsomethingstupidlikethat

edgeluca

Smash Lord
NNID
Edgeluca
3DS FC
2879-0257-1267
I'm not denying Matt is good, I'm just wondering how suddenly including him on the list makes me drop to 10th. Especially since I don't remember Matt beating Adam, Manuel or Tim like I have. That's all...

Sion

Island of Horizon
Why did I go down below Matt when earlier on no one considered him to be on at all, let alone above me?
he's actually really good, people just slept on him like a teddybear
yup

it's great that you beat people like manuel, tim, and adam, brennan, but you're losing to evan (who you beat before) and booshk. you also didn't make it out of swiss for some reason. as far as i'm concerned, matt seems to be more consistent than you and he does well at times

Diakonos

Smash Lord
I would be opposed to Matt above Edgeluca.

Matt has choked at a billion tournaments; I can't imagine why Brennan choking at one should affect him.

Brennan has done better, in my eyes. Unless Matt ***** at the last two tournaments, I don't see why that should change.

With your guys' permission, I'm going to update with

Diakonos
Sion
Dieslow
Daltsy
Spacefalcon
Meta
Booshk
Tahsis
Edgeluca
Donkey Kong

Sion

Island of Horizon
sorry, manuel, but matt has done sort of well recently. i think we need some extended discussion on this.

and brennan choked at 2, not just 1

in your eyes, manuel. get ***** LOL

edit: actually, he's remained consistent for a long time (iirc placing around the same place everytime, maybe a bit higher and lower here and there aka rotunda2.0)

edited cause i can

Yakal

Torquasm-Rao
matt has outplaced brennan is the past 2 tourneys and sion is right

Matt places around 7th ish at most tourneys, where is he choking?

guys excite bike is 27 years old

Sion

Island of Horizon
i didn't suddenly include him on my list, i was merely stalling to get people's input on matt (almost no input though), so i did a little bit of thinking and put matt at 9th.

if it's still unclear, his consistency is unparalleled. it's even better than my consistency

diak said:
Consistency. A good player is consistent in his smash game. You can’t beat Diakonos one day and then lose to that scrub booshk the next. To be considered for this ranking, you must perform well in tournament most of the time.
edit: everyone thinks they can tap my fox

edit edit: i may be overlooking some things. need another panelist. any takers?

booshk

Smash Lord
Think u should change it to 'that scrub sion'

Think u can tap my fox or something
I laugh

U spelled unparaplled wrong

booshk

Smash Lord
Ryan u wanna smash at 9? Tryna get sum quick smash in b4 i hav to study lol. Marvos down

Gimme a call/txt ill pm u my # on facebook

Diakonos

Smash Lord
I'm still unconvinced about Matt above Brennan.

Can I have the last three tournaments/ win-lose tabulation/placement for these guys?

Also, I chuckled at your quote, Sion. ON THE BUS

I would like to update tonight, by the way.

edgeluca

Smash Lord
NNID
Edgeluca
3DS FC
2879-0257-1267
Umm, Booshk is not a scrub... I don't see how losing to players who were already considered higher than me on the list makes me go even lower... My last tournament placing was definitely disappointing, I agree. But at least both my losses were legit players.

Yakal

Torquasm-Rao
rotunda 1.0
5.Brennan
didn't enter iirc
5.bwmat
didnt make bracket.brennan
sfu62
7.bwmat - lost to silent wolf and boosk
9.brennan - lost to booshk and evan

all i know

edgeluca

Smash Lord
NNID
Edgeluca
3DS FC
2879-0257-1267
Yeah at 2.0 I didn't make bracket. I got screwed over imo, had to face Eric and then immediately after someone else really good, I think Sion. But I beat Matt in the swiss before I faced Eric.

booshk

Smash Lord
edgeluca, who you lost to in swiss bracket is not really an argument, i mean i had dieslow and eric in mine, all pools were made fairly according to who you lost and won against amirite

and sion was joking
i hope
LOL

Sion

Island of Horizon
manuel, not to be mean or anything, but it feels like you're putting a lot of emphasis on him beating you and placing 5th. i'd really like to hear why you think edgeluca should be above bwmachoke. is it 'cause he beat you once? he did well once? iirc rotunda 2.0 was stacked as hell. it even had a mini round robin as a tie breaker. if brennan beat you and tim, there should be no reason as to why he didn't make it out of that.

and then he shows his incredible consistency losing to evan and booshk, two people that he has beaten before and should've beaten, given his incredible wins against you and tim.

we don't give spots on "maybes" and "what ifs", we give spots to people deserving of them. my question is, do you really want to give brennan the 9th spot, knowing that his consistency is shaky and is potentially slumping? i'm done arguing, manuel. it's up to you who you want on the 9th/10th spot. consistent matt or one shot wonder brennan.

I'm still unconvinced about Matt above Brennan.

Can I have the last three tournaments/ win-lose tabulation/placement for these guys?
and i'm honestly tired of posts like these. you state that you're unconvinced, then put up no coherent argument? then you give me crap like this:

I would like to update tonight, by the way.
it really boggles the mind sometimes.

My last tournament placing was definitely disappointing, I agree. But at least both my losses were legit players.
think about it this way: was matt's performance disappointing the last two tournaments? hell no. was yours? you even stated it yourself. yes it was.

your losses weren't legit. you beat players of higher caliber than booshk and evan. there's no reason why you should be losing to players like that if you can freely say "i deserve 9th because i beat **** players like manuel and tim, but my various losses to worse people are legit". if you honestly think you deserve the 9th spot over matt after doing worse than he has, then please continue to say that you deserve it. otherwise, step down and do better next time.

i seriously need another(more) panelist(s). i'm tired of laying down the hammer and chewing people out.

Sion

Island of Horizon
any serious panelist nominations? i think yakal would be an okay choice

will is also a good choice (LOL ELEGANT.PANELISTS)

any others?

Top Bottom