• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BC Melee Rankings: Late Fall 2012

Diakonos

Smash Lord
I want everyone to post for themselves.

Booshk, what is the order of those placements? eg. 9th, 5th, 5th, is the 9th like the latest one? Or what? Also, I want to #3, (who you think should be above you from that list).

edit:// Will, I respect that decision. I think it would be hard to place you on this update anyway, since some singles entrance is important to making placements. I still appreciate your feedback, though.

Sion

Island of Horizon
you juys keep forgetting matt

and are we all in favor of keeping tim on? if he's on, why don't we keep eric on? then more of you guys won't make it on =D

poor eric lost his post before he posted it =(

i nominate ryan as panelist

ThePrime

Smash Lord
lolllll u guys are having a hard time deciding pr huh? Well all I have to say is there is no obligation to update a pr for the sake of updating. A pr update should more or less unanimous with little ambiguity. Posting past tourney results is definitely good for the record, but people who are taking games off better players should always be building up to something that has more significance.

I say you guys should wait until the next tourney, or have a smaller event for a pr 6-10 pools.

Diakonos

Smash Lord
LOL this thread is heating up.

Thanks for your input, Prime. It's just I don't know when the next tourney will be. I think we're able to update this after some discussion

AND THE MONEY MATCH. I nominate Will and Booshk for panelist

edit: I didn't forget Matthew. I'm in favor of keeping Tim on, for some reason.

Yakal

Torquasm-Rao
"Then: the contenders for spots 6-10 are (in alphabetical order only):"

I appreciate this post xd

also am I the only one LOVING the way sion is going to work?

I vote evan for panelist and lol manuel ELEGANT PANELISTS

anyway

SFU62
Beat: Michaelblufalco, K11, and Meta
Lost: Dieslow and THEPRIME
Rotunda 2.0
Beat: all I remember is beating adam 2-0
Lost: META and booshka
Rotunda 1.0
...it's been too long I don't remember and there aren't brackets for the two rotundas cause so njaesgio
anyway yeah lol
Placements is as follows from rotunda 1.0 and on
9th, 7th, 5th

now for who I think should be above me
out of Adam, Brennan, Booshk, Meta, Will, and myself....

Last time will and I played in tourney (pools) I won 2-0...also he hasn't been at a tourney in years and requested not to be on so whatever. Booshk has given me the business lately so I think he should be above me, Evan and I went 2-0 with each other in the past two tourneys ...buuuut I wont be upset if he's put above me whatevs. Beat edgebaz00ka last time we played in tourney so I don't think he should be above me...
I sincerely believe adam should not be above me.

so Booshk above me imo and evan if you want

k

Evan for Panelist

Patooty

Smash Ace
From an outside perspective, it looks pretty clear to me that it should be

6. meta
7. booshk
8. yakal

Arguments against this?

Diakonos

Smash Lord
From an outside perspective, it looks pretty clear to me that it should be

6. meta
7. booshk
8. yakal

Arguments against this?
I has arguments. Let's wait til each person accurately puts down who they beat/lost to at the last 3 tournaments. Example:

1) Rotunda 1.0 beat Spongebob Squarepants, lost to Patrick, lost to Sandy. Placed 7th.
2) Rotunda 2 beat Rebecca Black, beat Halo 3, lost to Best Cry Ever. Placed 5th.

I think that Patrick should be above me, as well as Best Cry Ever.

The last few tournaments, some notable victories of mine include Noobking, Daltsy, Diakonos in pools, Booshk, Geistlol. I have also gone 2-1 with Diakonos, Dieslow, SpaceFalcon, etc. if that makes a difference. I think the last 3 I have gotten 7th, 5th and 9th. I think Evan and Yakal should definitely be above me, I'm not sure about Will, Booshk and Noobking though. I haven't lost to Noobking in a while, and me and Booshk are now 2-2 in sets. I'm thinking I'm probably 9th or 10th.
Can you confirm your placings? And can you section it off so we know who you beat in which tournament?

As well, who do you think should be above you? (If no one, then say no one).

booshk

Smash Lord
those placings edgeluca said are incorrect (did you even check dude haha), i checked everyone's placing years ago and memorized it lol ( and this season's tournaments he hasn't beat me, i've beaten him once)

anyways

i'm going to put notable wins(PR or almost PR worthy people i beat)

Rotunda 1.0 : Win: Adam Lose: Daltsy, Roby
Rotunda 2.0: Win: Yakal twice , Bwmat Lose: Eric, Dieslow, Sion (lol)
SFU62: Win: Meta, Edgeluca, Bwmat Lose: Theprime, Dieslow

i think evan should be above me. and i've argued many times why i should be above yakal but in the end it's up to you panelists LOL and i have no clue about 9/10 :/ i would've put will at 9th but he dropped out :(

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Ryan - lmao, im not sure. I do know that i choke alot.

I think this is all pretty hilarious. I know i'm better than everyone below 5th and i'd like to see how yakal/booshk/evan/will/edgeluca would do at a national event and have some comparisons made on a whole other level. Not to put any of you guys down, but i think it would really be quite the reality check. I'm not going to engage in any further discussion. Put me where u may. I'm just going to destroy everyone at the next tournament.

:phone:

Metà

Smash Master
lol I can't remember who I won or lost against at the last few tournaments. I have beaten Adam, Yakal, Will, Matt, edgeluca, and ThePrime, and lost to Yakal, Sion, Tim, Booshk, Adam, and Eric. I'm probably forgetting some matches though

either way I agree with Tiep's post. I can't help but feel like my rank gets inflated cause of all these people leaving though : (

Sion

Island of Horizon
firexemblemxpryde said:
There you have it. Feel free to discuss placement,and advocate change. Do present logical arguments for why you think something should be changed. Do try to be considerate and impersonal in your posts. Flaming will not be tolerated, and death by Pikachu awaits the poor bloke who instigates mayhem.
thanks, guys.
and adam.
...and yakal

Metà

Smash Master
Adam, this isn't 2007 anymore

are we really the ones that need reality checks? not to downplay your skill, I know you're really good, probably still better than me, but you're only as good as you play in tournament matches.

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Ryan - lmao, im not sure. I do know that i choke alot.

I think this is all pretty hilarious. I know i'm better than everyone below 5th and i'd like to see how yakal/booshk/evan/will/edgeluca would do at a national event and have some comparisons made on a whole other level. Not to put any of you guys down, but i think it would really be quite the reality check. I'm not going to engage in any further discussion. Put me where u may. I'm just going to destroy everyone at the next tournament.

Go ahead and do that. My opinion is that 6-10 is close. I have my own opinion about who is better than who, but we gotta be accountable to something other than just intuition -- we choose tournament results. For that reason, since you've been choking like a hooker (your terminology, lol), we should expect that to reflect on the PR.

are we really the ones that need reality checks? not to downplay your skill, I know you're really good, probably still better than me, but you're only as good as you play in tournament matches.
Truth.

It's looking like
Meta
Booshk
Tahsis/Edgeluca
Tahsis/Edgeluca
Noobking

so far, in my opinion.

Sion

Island of Horizon
adam, as a current panelist, and probably the hardest one working towards this, i feel like you're insulting me. i really hope you don't take this personally, but do you really think you deserve to be above these people?

please present logical arguments and advocate change. this is the bc pr power rankings. whatever we do outside has little effect, unless you place like top5 at a national

god dangit, i really didn't think you'd take it this way, man. it really makes me angry sometimes

edit: and stop freaking forgetting about matt. he's a good player.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Well heck sion. If it's causing you that much stress than don't worry about it. Take me off for the next update. I'm not gunna have my name slandered with a #10 beside it.

Again, please don't include me on the updated list, thanks. =)

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord

t3h Icy

Smash Master
They probably work as body armor, which is how he's lasted so long to get so many medals. It's like a paradox.

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Self-slandered by performance less than your supposed skill.

What a pitiful trend: "o I don't like the number beside my name, even though I clearly don't deserve better. Take me off!"

Noobs!

edgeluca

Smash Lord
NNID
Edgeluca
3DS FC
2879-0257-1267
Relatively new, been posting here for like a year I guess. I've seen fights here before obviously, I just don't like it. Especially when Adam is sad :(

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
This is silly... there might as well not be a PR with so many people off the list...

Somehow we gotta work this out... =/

Anyways with rules that people don't know about I think we should be more specific.. like "In a result of a tie breaker in singles performance we will use teams to determine the placing."

Adam I'm sorry to see you like this, but you gotta man up and just do better at future tournaments... We all know your like 6th in the PR at least, but you gotta show that with tournament performance.. you can't just MM people and that will be that..

Also we should get panel lists to observe tournament matches between 6-10th place and also the honourable mentions, so we can have a better idea of the placing that each person deserves. For example.. Booshk and Tahsis both lost to ThePrime and got the same placing.. However I think Booshk handled that match up way better then Tahsis did and they had much closer matches.. So I would put Booshk ahead of Tahsis because of that..

Sion I love how much you are into being a panellist for the PR.. but you gotta just calm down a bit as it seems people are a little sensitive when it comes to PR placing.. =P

I wish I saw last tournament and how the **** Booshk and Tahsis lost to a samus player.. but that's ok..

As for my opinion from 6-10th..

Meta (because of tournament placing)
Booshk (because of tournament placing)
Tahsis (I only have results from Rotunda 2.0 I dunno what happened for the April tournament)
Edgeluca
Noobking (Sorry bro but the results speak for themselves step it up..)

Could I get the tournament bracket of Rotunda 1.0 and the most recent tournament please? So I have a better idea of the bottom 4?
Also are there videos of Tahsis and Booshk losing to ThePrime? lol

Let me know if I missed anything... My internet is really bad and slow, so I might have missed something..

This time I copy and pasted so I won't lose my post this time.. ;)

Patooty

Smash Ace
I posted my opinion on spots 6, 7, and 8 because to me it was pretty clear, and also because I wanted to address smaller chunks of the PR at a time. This is more difficult than it needs to be because you guys are considering everyone in the universe for 50% of the PR.

That being said, I also think that Matt should be 9th OR 10th.

Top Bottom