• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BC Melee Rankings: Late Fall 2012

Yakal

Torquasm-Rao
i don't think eric needs to be put as inactive? he only missed last tournament right
but he isn't in town for the whole summer so idk how that works :D

i think i should be above yakal and matt though. have no idea whether they stand on PR or not on PR cause of inactivity/activity of higher ranked players but... >_> my placings overall these past tournaments have been better than both of theirs, and i've beaten them both in 2 sets 2-0, in these past tournaments..
/egolist

but panelists aren't even talking so who cares for now :p
we didn't play last tourney and we tied for 5th lmao

booshk

Smash Lord
tourny before that i 2-0ed you twice and got 5th while you got 7th
tourny before that one me, you, will, keith tied for 9th

these are seasonal updates, right? i don't think you not playing me at the most recent tournament is an argument to be placed aboved me when i beat you the tournament before that pretty solidly

these are just my arguments, and if you have anything to rebuttal with just tell me maybe i missed something :o

not trying to be a di ck i still ruv yew yakal but i am in the mood for sum critical finkings

am i being too subjective here? panelists, let me know
'cause i'm trying to be as objective as possible :p

Bwmat

Smash Ace
yeah booshk kind of ***** me last tourney or two. I cannot remember how my last set against edgeluca went, I think it was pretty close.

I don't know how to play against marth :(

Diakonos

Smash Lord
How about people start posting full lists and their rationale?

I think that would be more beneficial!

edgeluca

Smash Lord
NNID
Edgeluca
3DS FC
2879-0257-1267
Diakonos
Sion
Dieslow
Daltsy
SpaceFalcon
Noobking
Meta
Booshk
Tahsis
Edgeluca

imo, with Eric gone cause he's in SK.

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
I have no idea about the list..

top 5 would be..

1. Diakonos
2. Sion
3. Dieslow
4. Daltsy
5. Spacefalcon? (not sure if he even wants to be on the PR..)

I think Edgeluca you forgot Get@Will to be on your PR...

Anyways yea just take me off the next one.. and when I come back I will climb my way back up! =D

Get@Will

Smash Champion
1. Diakonos
2. Sion
3. Dieslow

top 3 is solid. there's no need to change it. Sion's beaten Diakonos at one tournament, and that was when he came from losers. he's been placing very well, beating people he's had difficulty with in the past. definite contender for #1. i just want to see him play diakonos a few more times AND win before it's decided that he's #1. dieslow's consistent when he comes out (always top 3 i believe), so there's no need to change where he is.

4. Daltsy/SpaceFalcon
5. Daltsy/SpaceFalcon

haven't seen Daltsy in like forever, but when he comes out, he always places well and plays as expected. just concerned about activity. SpaceFalcon, i heard, is getting more active. very good, consistent player who performs as expected OR better. imo, he should be 4th, but i'm certain that others will disagree. thoughts?

this is where the hard part is. all the players 6th and below are quite close in level and skill, so i'm not sure how the placement will be decided without bias opinions having a strong influence. i know that no matter what, there will be bias when discussing placements, but i just wanna have as little as possible.

what does everyone else think?

edgeluca

Smash Lord
NNID
Edgeluca
3DS FC
2879-0257-1267
I agree Will, so just forget me on the list. I'm pretty much equal with everyone 6-10 but I'll gladly be the one to step down.

Get@Will

Smash Champion
lol Brennan.

rather than step down, i'd like for you to list some reasons as to why you think you should be #____. if you think you should be on pr, hey, give us some reasons as to why you should be. that way, if there are some things that we missed, you could point it out to us like who you beat in tourney, who you lost to, notable things you did, etc. i mean, no one knows you like you do, so show us.

something like that

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Imo i think i'd be 6th. I have closer games with the top 5 then everyone else in contention for 6th to 10th more or less. However, i have been known to lose to people ranked lower than myself =p will is kinda the same. The same tournament i had last stock matches/sets with tony and manuel, i believe will did the same thing against manuel.

Yakal's beaten me 1 or 2 times out of the last 3-4 tournaments i've been to and evan managed an amazing 3 stock comeback in our 3rd match the last time we played in tournament.

There was also that tournament where i lost to booshk and edgeluca although i'll say that was the worst i've played in a long time.

Imo...

6th - me
7th - will
8th/9th - yakal/booshk
10th - evan

8th-10th is just wicked close. Will require some discussion methinks.

- Noobking

:phone:

edgeluca

Smash Lord
NNID
Edgeluca
3DS FC
2879-0257-1267
Well I beat Adam and Tim last time they were both there, I've beaten Yakal once or maybe twice I think, me and Booshk are now 2-1 for me, Me and Evan are now 1-1.

booshk

Smash Lord
lol
i will say this.
our overall record for the past tournaments since i've been back playing smash( a year plus, maybe 2 years now) is 2-2, brennan. i beat your fox 2-0 first time we played in tournament. and you beat me 2 times like 5 months ago(mindyou i also lost to other players worse than you back then), and i beat you at the last tournament we had, which is the first time we've played in a while (besides friendlies).
mentioning our overall record really has nothing to do with anything, because these are seasonal updates. people improve with time. we have had 3 tournaments since the last update, and rankings should be heavily emphasized on the placement of the players in these months. (at least this is what i take from the panelists)

what you're saying is kinda like, hey eric used to beat everyone on the PR back in 06, he probably has an extremely good record against everyone. he should be 1st, even though he isn't placing as well recently.
you see what i mean?
also, when did you beat yakal? these few tournaments or before then? i'm just curious

and adam, i think you and will are better than me. but placement is more stressed over potential skill, and i don't know how you guys would be placed because you've been placing poorly and will's hasn't been to past 2 tournaments. this is why i also think 6-10 will be extremely hard. i'll also mention this. edgeluca beat manuel in a set, and i also took tony to last stock last match at rotunda 2, but i don't think these things are very important.

edgeluca

Smash Lord
NNID
Edgeluca
3DS FC
2879-0257-1267
Yeah man I understand what you're saying, and now I remember it is 2-2. I was merely pointing out some of my achievements. Overall, I think you're a bit better than me.

booshk

Smash Lord
i don't really think another tournament is needed. this update is way overdue, and we have clear placements of people. t's just the panelists haven't said anything yet

they're probably waiting to settle the PR mawney match so we can just wait for that i guess.

Sion

Island of Horizon
why do we need a pr money match is everyone is in favor of diakonos being first? i haven't had a change to discuss this with manuel, but i'm sure he'll get around to voicing his opinions on the entire pr.

top 5 doesn't need to change:
manuel
me
tony
tim
roby

let's look at the next contenders:
adam: really solid player, hasn't really shown it in his tournament placings recently, but i know he's good.
yakal: iirc does well, but loses at strange points and johns about it.
booshk: wow you suck bro lose to samus dude. otherwise, very good player :)
brennana: very solid player from victoria. haven't played him enough to judge him, but i have an idea of where he should be.
evan: hmm you always do sorta well lol
will: haven't seen much out of you. have you been skipping tournaments or something? last time i checked, his falcon is okay

with those notes aside (they're mostly just personal reminders for myself) i'll try and list you guys out as reasonablly as possible

6. evan(meta): doubles gives him the edge for sure
7. yakal/booshk
8. tahsis/wesley this is a tough one for me to judge. i'd give yakal the edge in doubles, but wesley has shown his dance moves on the stage.
9. adam/will/brennan
10. adam/will/brennan i know adam is good, but i can't, with a good conscience, put him above the people who have earned their way up through singles.
will's inactivity hurts him a lot, but his solid play will always be known. kpop sucks btw.
brennan really did well some time ago, but definitely stopped his flaming rage.

discuss and try to break my logic

booshk

Smash Lord
lmao yakal and johning so unnecessary in the description LOL
this is what i thought the list should look like with placement being important
but okay that looks reasonable except with a lack of matt, his placements have been decent too, but i dunno

me:9th, 5th, 5th
yakal: 9th, 7th, 5th

does his doubles performances give him the edge from me beating him twice and placing better than him?
it's your guy's call, i know doubles is always an iffy subject on the PR.

and hey i lost to samus but at least i can beat jman... :awesome:

booshk

Smash Lord
all 2 of them

edit:
WOW. okay i KEPT reading it as "all of them"

seriously like 5 times probably. and THEN i realized you put all both LOLOLOl
damn.

Sion

Island of Horizon
if you guys are gonna make stupid posts like that, gtfo

booshk, what was your last doubles placement? oh wait :3o
idc if you beat him, you only outplaced him once, while yakal places top 3 in doubles consistently.

hm you're right about matt, but i don't think i've seen anyone speak up for his sake. maybe instead of brennan i'd put in matt?

edit: i realize doubles placement isn't as important as singles placement (especially in bc), but if the gaps are as close as this, i need to take everything into account.

edgeluca

Smash Lord
NNID
Edgeluca
3DS FC
2879-0257-1267
Sion, I will **** again soon don't worry ;)
Both sets I lost last tournament were ridiculously close, and both were legit players.

Sion

Island of Horizon
i realize this

i really wish i could just put you guys into this giant cesspool of round robins, and list you guys according to the results of said round robins

i'm gonna have to wait for manuel for clarifications etc.
idk if manuel even pays attention to anything that's not top3 though

booshk

Smash Lord
okay. i understand what you mean. let's say we don't take doubles into account.
is it close? if doubles was NOT taken into account
would it be close between me and him? wouldn't you rank me above him? i think any sensible person's thoughts would be like this. 'their placements are close. but booshk does have one better placement, this isn't much but it is something.'
then they'd ask themselves who have they beaten? and have they ever played each other? we beat pretty much the same people, but i also beat him 2-0, twice. that is a pretty substantial victory. if this happened in any of the top 3 places, you wouldn't care about the doubles placement. shouldn't be too different for ranks 7 & 8.
but instead you immediately looked at doubles as a factor.

imo what makes it close IS doubles, if you get what i mean(basically putting more emphasis on doubles(which isn't normally done) is what makes it hard to decide). that's my opinion though, and it may be biased cause it is me ;p
and my last doubles placement was when i teamed with yakal at sfu rotunda 1.0. lmao.

and yeah i agree with what you say about matt

Sion

Island of Horizon
if dubz weren't taken into account, i'd have to give you the one up, though it's still real close.

and doubles has a small, but in this case tying effect on you and yakal's placement. we all know bc sucks at doubles and john is the only real doubles player.

like i said, i might need manuel's thoughts on this, which is why i'm still unclear with some placings.
or i might need to sleep on it or something

imo if you really want to get on the pr, brennan, then you gotta stay consistent and find yourself a better partner
i don't know if that would really matter, though. doubles has a small effect on all of this, which i like to throw around here and there

Top Bottom