• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BC Melee Rankings: Late Fall 2012

Get@Will

Smash Champion
Sion, out of the two panelists, you're the one who's the most active. you go to tournaments and actually see the players play. you see who they lose to and who they win against. Manuel, to my knowledge, hasn't been going out to tournaments recently. i really don't see why you would need his opinion before deciding what YOUR list is going to be. no disrespect to you Manuel. your insights are good, but what i'm saying is that you might be out of the loop in terms of how good everyone else is now.

Harrisburg

Smash Journeyman
lol booshk, after you get good you can start being an *******, sion used to be such a nice kid but now look at this monster..

if you guys let mike get better... dam haha

booshk

Smash Lord
i don't try to be! i'm just trying to be serious.
NO WORRIES
unserious taim

Sion

Island of Horizon
hi ryab

what you say is true, will. i didn't get some of the points you were trying to make though. i gave you guys my personal list. maybe i don't need to wait for manuel, but one of the reasons i wanted to wait because even if he hasn't been active, he's still one of the best bc has and could still possibly shed some insight on this matter (aka playing brennan and losing? or something along those lines). another reason was so that we could elect another panelist, since it's hard to cover all angles of the pr

edgeluca

Smash Lord
NNID
Edgeluca
3DS FC
2879-0257-1267
Umm I beat Manuel in pools one tournament, then the next one he 2-1'd me in bracket in Winners Semis

sad_day

Smash Journeyman
lol booshk, after you get good you can start being an *******, sion used to be such a nice kid but now look at this monster..

me improving is inevitable

and the pr should be

EAGLE

(big gap here, size of the universe)

evan
manuel
tony
eric brown
tim
roby
adam brown
evan
yakal
booshk
matt
asian marth player from victoria
brennan
mike
kaelen
francis
daze
seagull
goat
nathan
terrorchicken
daniel

Yakal

Torquasm-Rao
Hey so why did you put evan above me so easily if he's gone 1-1 with me in the past two tourneys?
how does doubles give him the edge if we're on the same team LOL

also booshk beat me once in tourney

the other in pools xfd
and the last time I played brennan in tourney...in the last 3 tourneys actually I won 2-0 sooooooooo

booshk, you're thinking the way I used to think (WHY THE **** IS ADAM STILL ABOVE ME THIS IS BULL****) only you're saying it outloud lol

and brennan, i'm the only nice pr guy cause i've been at 10th so long

and sion, BC might suck at doubles but we all suck together so we can still take a look at it, evan and I have been pulling top 3 at every tourney and beating not just the same teams, but the teams that defeated us prior, we've defeated will/john, eric/adam, somebody/idunno, even the likes of manuel and yourself, I think that does deserve some merit. We both work really hard as a team to do as well as we do and I personally think we deserve more recognition in this case because we do so well.

anyway jkogernhjak;lg I just played those new coquitlam kids

<3 also i'm watching mortal kombat in poo-ray and blowtoes I will give you shego hentai

! OMG ROBY LMAO THE HAND HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAH I just noticed that omg and nathan what about edgebaz00ka

booshk

Smash Lord
k i hav to study so this will be short

think meta pretty clearly deserves his 6th cus he got
4th, 5th, 7th, which is better than both of us lewl
but he also lost to both of us lol i still think he deserves his 6th though

lolol am i being too straight forward :o
fudge it
k peace

n yooo make those coquitlam kids keep playing! lol

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
if you guys are gonna make stupid posts like that, gtfo

booshk, what was your last doubles placement? oh wait :3o
idc if you beat him, you only outplaced him once, while yakal places top 3 in doubles consistently.

hm you're right about matt, but i don't think i've seen anyone speak up for his sake. maybe instead of brennan i'd put in matt?

edit: i realize doubles placement isn't as important as singles placement (especially in bc), but if the gaps are as close as this, i need to take everything into account.
I think you guys should avoid using teams to decide placement in PR..
Because lets say I teamed with Booshk and we beat Evan and Yakal in teams because we just work so well in teams..

For example.. at the most recent national (Zenith).. Kage and Axe (Ganondorf and Pikachu) won teams. Does that make them better then Mango? M2K? Jman? etc.? They won because as a team they worked so well together, not because of the players.

So my point is Teams is a whole different game then singles. Which is what the PR is based on right?

Also I can give some insight on how good other players are reguardless of my inactivity in BC for the next few months..

I don't even play Melee.
Sup Seagull Man?

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Because lets say I teamed with Booshk and we beat Evan and Yakal in teams because we just work so well in teams..

For example.. at the most recent national (Zenith).. Kage and Axe (Ganondorf and Pikachu) won teams. Does that make them better then Mango? M2K? Jman? etc.? They won because as a team they worked so well together, not because of the players.

So my point is Teams is a whole different game then singles. Which is what the PR is based on right?

Also I can give some insight on how good other players are reguardless of my inactivity in BC for the next few months..

Sup Seagull Man?
Not much. Just name searched here and my name came up lmao.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Oh and if were taking doubles into account, that'd give me even more of an edge over ppl. There are times when i carry eric in doubles and vice versa, but we almost always end up 2nd place going last match of the set with the top placing team. I think evan and yakal have beaten us like once out of the last 4-5 times we played them in doubles. And against manuel/sion its always lst match.

:phone:

Sion

Island of Horizon
first of all:

Hey so why did you put evan above me so easily if he's gone 1-1 with me in the past two tourneys?
how does doubles give him the edge if we're on the same team LOL
he has a cleaner record thus far in singles than both you and wesley
i feel he does his job more often than you do in dubz. correct me if i'm wrong.

i remember you guys using teams as a small addition in older PRs. am i wrong to go back to similar tactics?

I'll mm/pr match anyone in contention for 6th-10th. Any amount. Lez go.

adam, please don't make this any harder for me. it hurts putting you lower since i know you're really good, but seriously. just blow them out of the water next tournament.

Oh and if were taking doubles into account, that'd give me even more of an edge over ppl. There are times when i carry eric in doubles and vice versa, but we almost always end up 2nd place going last match of the set with the top placing team. I think evan and yakal have beaten us like once out of the last 4-5 times we played them in doubles. And against manuel/sion its always lst match.

i did take your doubles performance into consideration. though the main factor of this PR is singles and your singles performance has been a little less than lovely.

i'm trying my best, guys, so i'd like it if you guys kept throwing me your complaints so i can work it out or discuss what i was thinking when i say something.

also, don't be stupid.

tect

Smash Journeyman
CPed from social thread
---
Yo BC guys, I've been here a while and I have settled in, so I can start planning on making trips to fests! This coming Friday I'm going to be in Abbotsford from morning until late afternoon, I don't know how many people can host or are available to travel there to play, but I haven't played in over 3 weeks!

You can text me at 250_._._280_$_88_$_99 =)

Also, for anyone nearby, I am living in Merritt, so if you're close by then let me know!

Thanks,

tect

booshk

Smash Lord
ok i have to study so yeah

sion, you're doing your job fine, don't be frustrated so easily. i'm sure you've seen harder homework problems than this. just because we haven't been able to settle this in 2 days doesn't mean to give up on it lol. you're covering all points quite well. just wait for lazy cardenas to come. i'm sure he'll settle it with his impetuous authority.

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Lol where's manuel, seriously.

Here.

I've been extremely tied up the last 3 days, which unfortunately when most of this discussion has happened. I will put in my two cents.

why do we need a pr money match is everyone is in favor of diakonos being first? i haven't had a change to discuss this with manuel, but i'm sure he'll get around to voicing his opinions on the entire pr.

top 5 doesn't need to change:
manuel
me
tony
tim
roby

let's look at the next contenders:
adam: really solid player, hasn't really shown it in his tournament placings recently, but i know he's good.
yakal: iirc does well, but loses at strange points and johns about it.
booshk: wow you suck bro lose to samus dude. otherwise, very good player :)
brennana: very solid player from victoria. haven't played him enough to judge him, but i have an idea of where he should be.
evan: hmm you always do sorta well lol
will: haven't seen much out of you. have you been skipping tournaments or something? last time i checked, his falcon is okay

with those notes aside (they're mostly just personal reminders for myself) i'll try and list you guys out as reasonablly as possible

6. evan(meta): doubles gives him the edge for sure
7. yakal/booshk
8. tahsis/wesley this is a tough one for me to judge. i'd give yakal the edge in doubles, but wesley has shown his dance moves on the stage.
9. adam/will/brennan
10. adam/will/brennan i know adam is good, but i can't, with a good conscience, put him above the people who have earned their way up through singles.
will's inactivity hurts him a lot, but his solid play will always be known. kpop sucks btw.
brennan really did well some time ago, but definitely stopped his flaming rage.

discuss and try to break my logic
In my opinion, this is a very, very good post.

Let me glean what I can from it.

I agree with the top 5, unless we want to not consider Tim for inactivity. But imo it's fine. I think you have done well enough, though, to merit being seriously considered for first. It would be fun to have a PR money match, and I think it would be a good kick in the pants for our community to put some videos out!

Then: the contenders for spots 6-10 are (in alphabetical order only):
Adam, Brennan, Booshk, Meta, Will, Yakal

What could help is if each of those people posted:
1) who they beat/lost to at the last 3 tournaments they attended
2) their placements at those tournaments
3) who, out of these six, they believe should be above them.

there's no need for you to worry booshk. the panelists will take care of it

all both of them
We could use a third panelist. Let's start with nominations. No self-nominating.
i realize this

i really wish i could just put you guys into this giant cesspool of round robins, and list you guys according to the results of said round robins

i'm gonna have to wait for manuel for clarifications etc.
idk if manuel even pays attention to anything that's not top3 though
I would like a RR too. But I also agree with Booshk in that we don't need another tournament. This can be updated now, or at least after some discussion. And I do care. I'm just not as knowledgeable; see below.
yah u mr. doubles man. okay then we shall wait for mr spanishmangs
I agree with what Sion said. Doubles is not being heavily considered. In fact, I would say we should bring in doubles only when it's a very tight decision. Even then it's not definitive, but it gives some weight and some idea of the skill level.
Sion, out of the two panelists, you're the one who's the most active. you go to tournaments and actually see the players play. you see who they lose to and who they win against. Manuel, to my knowledge, hasn't been going out to tournaments recently. i really don't see why you would need his opinion before deciding what YOUR list is going to be. no disrespect to you Manuel. your insights are good, but what i'm saying is that you might be out of the loop in terms of how good everyone else is now.
I have not attended the last two tournaments, I think. You have a valid point. I have played against most of these guys, though, and I have some intuition about their skill level. That, together with the info I'm asking for, might help me make an educated suggestion. You can be the judge of that when it comes. =]

I lol'd

booshk

Smash Lord
placements first, i'll post who i beat/lost to tomorrow after my midterm

adam: 13th, didn't make out of pools, absent
brennan: 5th, didn't make out of pools, 9th
me: 9th, 5th, 5th
matt: absent, 5th, 7th
meta: 5th, 4th, 7th
will: 9th, absent, absent
yakal: 9th, 7th, 5th

to reiterate a point: overall records, i.e. who u beat in the past, don't matter nearly as much as these few tournaments. in which you didn't beat me, edgeluca-- i beat you this past tournament, and we didn't play the 2 before that.

i could easily bring up the first time i played yakal, which i played him in 3 mm sets and won all of them. but that doesn't matter at all.

edgeluca

Smash Lord
NNID
Edgeluca
3DS FC
2879-0257-1267
The last few tournaments, some notable victories of mine include Noobking, Daltsy, Diakonos in pools, Booshk, Geistlol. I have also gone 2-1 with Diakonos, Dieslow, SpaceFalcon, etc. if that makes a difference. I think the last 3 I have gotten 7th, 5th and 9th. I think Evan and Yakal should definitely be above me, I'm not sure about Will, Booshk and Noobking though. I haven't lost to Noobking in a while, and me and Booshk are now 2-2 in sets. I'm thinking I'm probably 9th or 10th.

Get@Will

Smash Champion
last tournaments i've been to AND entered was rotunda 1, hustle V then hustle ii LOL

i honestly don't think i should be on this update, regardless of results, who i beat in tournament, and all that other crap. so yeah, i wanna be excluded from placements. this is my decision. thanks.

Top Bottom